Advertisements


‘Contact tracing still weakest link in COVID-19 response’

Baguio City Mayor and contact tracing czar Benjamin Magalong stressed the need yesterday to retrain the country’s 249,000 contact tracers......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarMay 4th, 2021

‘Contact tracing still weakest link in COVID-19 response’

Baguio City Mayor and contact tracing czar Benjamin Magalong stressed the need yesterday to retrain the country’s 249,000 contact tracers......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 4th, 2021

Government’s contact-tracing average ratio only 1:7

Speaker Lord Allan Velasco has filed a resolution seeking the creation of a unified contact tracing protocol to boost the government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 9th, 2021

Contact tracing

Our government’s COVID response has been so far behind our ASEAN neighbors because we never implemented an effective contact tracing program......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 6th, 2020

QR Code sought for contact tracing in Davao City

The Davao City Government is eyeing the use of Quick Response (QR) Code to improve contact tracing and health-related information in the Covid-19 pandemic......»»

Category: newsSource:  davaotodayRelated NewsSep 7th, 2020

Robredo cites gov’t data showing COVID-19 response is not working

Vice President and opposition leader Leni Robredo on Sunday pointed at government data to prove her claim that it’s doing something wrong in its response to the coronavirus pandemic. Vice-President Leni Robredo (OVP / Facebook / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN) “Iyong datos—at ang datos galing sa pamahalaan—iyong datos ang ating basehan kung bakit natin sinasabi na kung ano iyong ginagawa natin ngayon, hindi siya nagwo-work,” she said on her radio show. Robredo reiterated her call on the administration to reassess its policies and improve in areas where lapses have been committed following the request of frontline health workers to revive strict lockdowns in Metro Manila and its adjacent regions. The vice president said the medical community’s appeal for comprehensive strategy against COVID-19 is a valid request that should be seriously considered. “Iyong lahat na punto nila, halimbawa na lang sinasabi nila na ‘iyong ginagawa natin ngayon is not working.’ Iyon din iyong punto ko, eh. Na hindi working iyong ginagawa natin ngayon kasi pataas nga nang pataas iyong bilang,” she said. As of August 1, the Department of Health (DOH) reported 4,963 additional COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of coronavirus infections in the country to 98,232. “Ito nga 98,000, validated lang dahil iyong for validation pa, kung hindi ako nagkakamali, nasa mga 37,000, 38,000 pa. Ito iyong discrepancy. So kapag dinagdag mo pa iyon, talagang unimaginable na iyong numbers natin,” she said. Robredo also cited the data from tracing czar Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong that showed only four of over 600 local government units have contract tracing capability. For each positive COVID-19 case, only eight persons are being traced on the average instead of the standard of 37, she said.“Iyong ina-announce na so much number of contact tracers, na 52,000 yata—52,000 na iyong na-hire, pero ang sabi ng WHO, dapat ang ideal para sa atin 132,000 iyong ma-hire na contact tracers,” Robredo added.She said the Philippines is now conducting 30,000 tests for coronavirus per day, but she noted it took the government two months to meet its target daily testing capacity in May.The vice president said she was surprised with the “mass recovery adjustment” after the DOH reported a record-high in recoveries of COVID-19 patients at 38,075.Robredo asserted the DOH must inform the public before changing its data system. “Kung magpapalit ng definition, kung magpapalit ng protocols, baka mas maganda na ina-announce iyon sa tao bago makita iyong numero kasi talagang nagulat lahat. Tapos ang pinaka-mahirap, pagkatapos noong one-time-big-time na isang araw, the following day balik sa dati,” she said......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2020

Solons to gov’t: Heed the plea of medical workers

Lawmakers expressed all-out support on Sunday (August 2) to the appeal made by Philippine College of Physicians and the Philippine Medical Associationto shift Mega Manila back to a 15-day enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), even as they sought a change in leadership in the Department of Health (DOH) and other agencies handling the country’s response against COVID-19. (JANSEN ROMERO / FILE PHOTO / MANILA BULLETIN) Albay 1st District Rep. Edcel Lagman, Anakalusugan partylist Rep. Michael Defensor, Bayan Muna partylist Rep.  Carlos Isagani Zarate, and Quezon City  2nd District Rep. Precious Hipolito Castelo called on the government to heed the plea of the medical experts and frontliners for more stringent health protocols in critical areas. “While both the health and economic crisis wrought by  the still ravaging COVID-19 pandemic must be both effectively addressed, the relief and recovery of the people’s health must be prioritized. Lives lost are forfeited forever but businesses lost can be redeemed,” Lagman said in a statement.“We must learn from the bitter lesson experienced by other countries like Japan which prematurely reopened economic, leisure and domestic travel activities only to be besieged later by a resurgence of the viral contagion,” he stressed.  Defensor, chairperson of the House Committee on Public Accounts, said, “If our leading doctors are prescribing it, then as good patients, we are all for Mega Manila’s brief return to an ECQ.” “Our sense is, our public health system is on the verge of collapse, and the momentary return to an ECQ will buy everybody more time to gird for a longer battle against the coronavirus disease,” he said. He said once the government gives in to the appeal, the COVID-19 National Task Force should take that opportunity to fix the lack of hospital staff due to doctors, nurses and other personnel getting infected and still recovering, or undergoing routine seclusion after possible exposure; expand the bed capacities of makeshift hospitals and quarantine facilities; and improve case-finding and the isolation of suspected cases. Defensor said the government should also step up contact-tracing and quarantining; upgrade public transportation options and safety; strengthen workplace protection; build up enforcement of and public compliance with self-protective measures such as the wearing of face masks and face shields, handwashing as well as social and physical distancing; and increase financial and livelihood support to distressed households. Zarate said they are one with our frontliners in demanding a reprieve from the overwhelming cases of COVID-19, particularly in the National Capital Region. “Reverting back to ECQ or whatever level of lockdown is useless or will be for naught if the primary recommendation of frontliners like free mass testing, pro-active contact tracing, isolation and treatment will not be seriously implemented by the government,” he said in a statement. For her part, Castelo said, “Let us listen to them. They are the ones on the frontline. Indeed, after five months of fighting this pandemic, they are exhausted physically, emotionally and mentally.” She laments that several doctors and nurses have died and many others have fallen sick while battling COVID-19. “Our medical workers are asking for a short time to recuperate. Let us give it to them,” she said. In a radio interview, Surigao del Norte 2nd district Rep. Robert Ace Barbers said the government should strike a balance between the economy and health of the Filipinos, but it should be tilted somehow, in favor of health amid the appeal made by physicians to shift Mega Manila back to a 15-day ECQ. He asked the DOH to come up with “a system, a policy, or even perhaps a strategy” to reinforce the country’s health system by augmenting the medical force.  In a separate statement, Assistant Minority Leader and ACT Teachers Representative France Castro said the Inter Agency Task Force for COVID-19 should be headed by medical experts instead of generals who have done nothing but to impose military solutions to combat a public health crisis.  “Our frontliners are already pleading to the Duterte administration to implement a comprehensive medical plan to address the COVID-19 pandemic in the country. The government needs to listen and take concrete actions with the demands of our healthcare workers,” she said.   “It is high time that medical experts lead in the fight against COVID-19 instead of military generals. Medical experts who will not twist data and try to sanitize the numbers. We need medical experts who use science and not allow an entire population to be used as guinea pigs in a failed response and inadequate policies for public health safety.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2020

Iloilo City eyes more COVID-19 contact tracers

ILOILO CITY—The local government here is eyeing to hire more persons to conduct contact tracing to help in the city’s coronavirus disease (COVID-19) response efforts. Special Assistant to the Mayor Annabelle Rosario S. Blancaflor (right) and PSTMO Chief Jeck Conlu brief people hired to conduct COVID-19 contact tracing in Iloilo City. (Iloilo City PIO / MANILA BULLETIN)  “We are still lacking [personnel].  That’s why we are encouraging applicants,” said Annabelle Rosario S. Blancaflor, Special Assistant to Mayor Jerry Treñas. This is expected to bolster the manpower of the more than 120 people, who have already been trained by the Public Safety and Transportation Management Office (PSTMO) on contact tracing, led by Jeck Conlu. “The objective of training is to hone contact tracing skills on what information is vital. It is not enough that you know the COVID-19 patient, but you have to understand the nature of their movement,” she pointed out. This comes as the city is experiencing a sudden surge in the number of COVID-19 community transmissions.  A barangay in Mandurriao district recorded 10 cases, while another village logged more than five cases over the past week. The hiring of more contact tracers will also be in line with Treñas’ stand that contact tracing must be serious, and that the city should not rely on neighborhood rumor mongers, or the so-called “chismosas”. He dubbed the idea as “out of this world”. Meanwhile, the city government is eying to deploy COVID-19 contract tracers in each of the city’s seven districts......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsAug 1st, 2020

Mobilize police for contact tracing

LAST Monday, I devoted my column to a slightly edited version of a May 20 report by a team of eight University of the Philippines professors evaluating the government’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic. I am using my column today to publish their recommendations to continue government’s success in combating the pandemic, which I hope […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMay 27th, 2020

New Contact Tracer App for COVID-19 Developed in Cebu

A community tracer application designed specifically for COVID-19 contact tracing has been developed to help beef up the response efforts of local authorities. The app known as “WeTrace” was introduced yesterday, March 22, before some members of the Joint Inter-Agency Task Force on Managing Emerging Infectious Disease (IATF-MEID 7) and the Regional Disaster Risk Reduction […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsMar 24th, 2020

New contact tracer app for COVID-19 developed in Cebu

CEBU, March 23 (PIA) -- A community tracer application designed specifically for COVID-19 contact tracing has been developed to help beef up the response efforts of local authorities.The app.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsMar 24th, 2020

New contact tracer app for COVID-19 developed in Cebu

CEBU, March 23 (PIA) -- A community tracer application designed specifically for COVID-19 contact tracing has been developed to help beef up the response efforts of local authorities.The app.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsMar 24th, 2020

A work in progress

It’s “a work in progress.” This is Interior Secretary Eduardo Año’s description of contact-tracing app StaySafe.PH, which all local government units have been ordered to use for pandemic response......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 28th, 2021

Contact tracing czar Magalong nagpositibo

Nagpositibo sa COVID-19 si contact tracing czar at Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong. The post Contact tracing czar Magalong nagpositibo first appeared on Abante......»»

Category: newsSource:  abanteRelated NewsApr 4th, 2021

Contact tracing czar Magalong tests positive for COVID-19

Baguio City mayor and contact tracing czar Benjamin Magalong said Saturday that he has tested positive for COVID-19......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 3rd, 2021

Government targets 90,000 daily testing for COVID-19

To boost contact tracing and testing efforts, the government is aiming to conduct 30,000 more antigen tests in enhanced community quarantine areas, testing czar Vince Dizon said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 31st, 2021

Unified contact tracing ordered

Various contact-tracing apps stop country from having a unified overview of Covid-19 infection rates and demographics. The post Unified contact tracing ordered appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsMar 19th, 2021

DILG orders all LGUs to use StaySafe.ph

Local government units have been ordered to quit their respective contact tracing systems and instead use the StaySafe.ph application, which would eventually be the integrated digital platform for pandemic response......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 19th, 2021

Quezon City launches contact tracing app

The Quezon City government yesterday launched a centralized web application for more than 80,000 registered businesses to make the process of contract tracing more efficient to curb the spike of COVID-19 cases......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 16th, 2021

OSG kinandado; 6 empleyado positibo sa COVID

Manila, Philippines – Kinandado ang Office of the Solicitor General (OSG) kung saan napag-alaman na anim na empleyado nito ang nagpositibo sa coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). “To prevent further transmission and to conduct a more in-depth contact tracing, the OSG resolved to physically close its premises from March 12 to 16, 2021,” anunsyo ng OSG. […] The post OSG kinandado; 6 empleyado positibo sa COVID appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMar 12th, 2021

LGUs inatasan ng gov’t na hanapin ang close contacts ng suspected COVID case

Manila, Philippines – Inatasan na ng national government ang local government units (LGUs) na magsacawa ng contact tracing sa close contacts sa lahat ng suspected COVID-19 cases. Kalakip ito ng kautusang Inter-Agency Task Force Resolution No. 102 na naglalayong mapalakas at maipatupad ang minimum public health standards dahil sa patuloy na paglobo ng COVID cases. […] The post LGUs inatasan ng gov’t na hanapin ang close contacts ng suspected COVID case appeared first on REMATE ONLINE......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMar 12th, 2021