Advertisements


Thousands march against Trump at Sundance festival

Thousands march against Trump at Sundance festival.....»»

Source: Interaksyon InteraksyonCategory: MoviesJan 21st, 2017Related News

Navy loses top riders in LBC Ronda

Navy hopes to duplicate its dominating performance in last year’s edition even minus key riders Ronald Oranza, El Joshua Carino and John Mark Camingao when the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2017 edition unfurls on Feb. 4 in Vigan, Ilocos Sur and ends on March 4 in Iloilo City......»»

Source: Tempo TempoCategory: NewsJan 21st, 2017Related News

Relasyon nina Jean at Jomari walang halong sex

Relasyon nina Jean at Jomari walang halong sex.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsJan 21st, 2017Related News

Thousands of Australians kick off anti-Trump Women’s March day

Thousands of Australians kick off anti-Trump Women’s March day.....»»

Source: Manilatimes_net Manilatimes_netCategory: NewsJan 21st, 2017Related News

Argentina's Tevez settling into role with Shanghai Shenhua

SHANGHAI (AP) — Argentine striker Carlos Tevez says he's already feeling at home with Chinese Super League squad Shanghai Shenhua. Tevez last month became the latest in a procession of star players to join the CPL after Shenhua paid a reported $11 million transfer fee to Argentine club Boca Juniors. He declined to offer financial details on Saturday, but said he'd been moved by the sincerity of Zhou Jun, the club's deputy general manager, who met with Tevez in Argentina to discuss arrangements. The 32-year-old said he shared a 'similar football philosophy' with Shenhua coach Gus Poyet, the former Sunderland and Real Betis manager who joined the club in November. A person familiar with the negotiations said Tevez is being paid $40 million over two years. The Super League season begins in March. .....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJan 21st, 2017Related News

Thousands of Australians kick off anti-Trump Women's March day

Thousands of Australians kick off anti-Trump Women's March day.....»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsJan 21st, 2017Related News

Negosyante, tauhan tiklo sa shabu

NASAKOTE ng mga kasapi ng Criminal Investigation Detection Group (CIDG) region 2 ang isang negosyante at kanyang trabahador sa isinagawang buy-bust operation sa Rizal, Santiago City, Isabela. Kinilala ang mga nadakip na sina Veronica Dulay, 44, walang asawa, negosyante, at kanyang trabahador na si Leric Eugenio, 46, may-asawa, kapwa ng nasabing lungsod. Nasamsam sa dalawa [&'].....»»

Source: Remate RemateCategory: NewsJan 21st, 2017Related News

Lola patay sa bagyo sa Butuan City

NANINIWALA ang pamilya ng isang lola na walang foul play sa pagkamatay nito matapos malunod sa kasagsagan ng pagbaha sa kagabi dahil na rin sa masamang panahon. Ayon kay P/S Insp. Regino Precioso, Station Commander ng Butuan City Police Station (BCPS-4), naniniwala ang pamilya ng biktimang si Estrella Perpas, 86, na nalunod ang biktima matapos [&'].....»»

Source: Remate RemateCategory: NewsJan 21st, 2017Related News

Aiza walang utang na loob na dapat bayaran kay Tito Sen

Aiza walang utang na loob na dapat bayaran kay Tito Sen.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsJan 20th, 2017Related News

Germany launches bid as favorite to host Euro 2024

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — The German soccer federation has formally launched a bid to host the 2024 European Championship. Federation president Reinhard Grindel says it will choose 10 stadiums and work with Transparency International during bidding ahead of UEFA's decision in September 2018. German organizers of the 2006 World Cup are criminal suspects in a Swiss federal investigation of irregular payments linked to FIFA. Still, Germany has been seen as the favorite to host Euro 2024 since reaching a deal with England to withdraw from competing to host the Euro 2020 semifinals and final. A combined Scandinavian bid has also been suggested for Euro 2024. However, UEFA said last month a maximum of two hosts would get direct qualification to the 24-team tournament. UEFA set a March 3 deadline for federations to express interest. .....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJan 20th, 2017Related News

Arrival honors

Police Deputy Director General Francisco A. Uyami Jr. (third from left), PNP Deputy Chief for Administration, passes by a row of flags escorted by Laguna Provincial Director PSSupt. Joel C.  Pernito (left) and PSupt. Norman T. Rañon, Chief of Police of Sta. Cruz, Laguna, in arrival honors for Uyami at Camp Gen. Paciano Rizal in Barangay Bagong Bayan, Sta. Cruz. Uyami visited Laguna ahead of his retirement in March as a three-star police general, as he served in the province in 1993. Roy Tomandao.....»»

Source: Thestandard ThestandardCategory: NewsJan 20th, 2017Related News

Coleen Garcia, magaganap ang kasal kay Billy Crawford sa first quarter ng 2018

Coleen Garcia, magaganap ang kasal kay Billy Crawford sa first quarter ng 2018.....»»

Source: Pinoyparazzi PinoyparazziCategory: NewsJan 20th, 2017Related News

'Super Mario Run' jumps to Android in March

'Super Mario Run' jumps to Android in March.....»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsJan 20th, 2017Related News

Blue Jays ownership involved in bringing Bautista back

ROB GILLIES, Associated Press   TORONTO (AP) — Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins said ownership got involved in the re-signing of veteran Jose Bautista. Atkins said Thursday the desire of Edward Rogers, the controlling shareholder of Rogers Communication, to help was 'abundantly clear.' He said thanks to Rogers, they don't have to rebuild. The free agent slugger looked like he might sign elsewhere but agreed to an $18.5 million, one-year contract this week that includes mutual options for more years. A longtime fan favorite, Bautista hit 22 homers with 69 RBIs last year while batting .234 in an injury-slowed season. The Blue Jays' failure this offseason to re-sign fan favorite Edwin Encarnacion didn't go over well in Toronto, which led the AL in attendance last year. Atkins expects Bautista to perform more like the 2015 season than the 2016 season.  He hit 40 homers and had 114 RBI in 2015. He blamed injuries for Bautista's subpar 2016. He said they've seen the 36-year-old work out this offseason and expect him to play right field for the bulk of the 2017 season. 'I would expect him to be a defender that we can rely on,' he said. Bautista gets an $18 million salary this year, and the deal includes a $17 million mutual option for 2018 with a $500,000 buyout, payable if either side declines. There is a $20 million option for 2019 that becomes guaranteed if Bautista has 300 games played during the next two seasons and doesn't have a physical impairment that would prevent him from playing in 2019. Bautista also could earn $1.5 million annually in bonuses based on home attendance: $150,000 each for 3.5 million and 3.6 million, $250,000 apiece for 3.7 million and 3.8 million, and $350,000 each for 3.9 million and 4 million. Toronto drew 3.39 million at home last season. .....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJan 19th, 2017Related News

Bundesliga will be ready to use video review next season

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — The Bundesliga says it will be ready to use video review next season. FIFA's rules making panel, known as IFAB, is working with leagues to introduce Video Assistant Referees (VARs) ahead of likely approval for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. FIFA wants video review only for potential 'clear errors' in four situations: Goals being scored, penalties being awarded, players being sent off, and cases of mistaken identity. IFAB should decide early next year on using VARs at the World Cup. Germany's top league kicks off next season in August. A Bundesliga statement says it opted for a system 'where all VARs will be assembled at a single location on the day of play,' as the NBA and MLB use. In Russia, FIFA could opt for VARs working at the stadium as part of each referee's support team. .....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJan 19th, 2017Related News

Bonds, Clemens making slow gains with changing electorate

NOAH TRISTER, AP Baseball Writer The electorate is changing, however, and that could be good news for both. Bonds and Clemens inched past the 50-percent mark for the first time Wednesday, each appearing on about 54 percent of ballots cast by the Baseball Writers' Association of America. For a fifth straight year, Bonds and Clemens fell short of the 75 percent needed for induction, but their support is slowly climbing. Jeff Bagwell, Tim Raines and Ivan Rodriguez were elected to the Hall on Wednesday. Bonds and Clemens remain on the outside looking in because of drug suspicions, but they could continue to gain ground as more new voters are welcomed into the process. 'I think, just generationally, people in their 20s and 30s look at this different than people in their 50s and 60s,' said Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star, a first-time voter who supported Bonds and Clemens. 'Maybe we're missing something — I'm not one of these people that thinks, like, I'm right and they're wrong. It's just different viewpoints.' A writer can receive a Hall of Fame vote when he or she has been an active member of the BBWAA for 10 consecutive years, so newcomers are always on the way. In 2015, the Hall of Fame eliminated voters who had been inactive for more than 10 years — a move that further boosted the influence of newer voters. The closest thing to a Hall of Fame exit poll is Ryan Thibodaux's online vote tracker , which has charted over half the ballots from this year's election. Of the 14 first-time voters identified on the site as of Wednesday night, 13 supported Bonds and Clemens. One of those first-time voters was Mike Harrington of The Buffalo News, who said he supported Bonds after former Commissioner Bud Selig was elected as part of this class by a veterans committee. Selig presided over the era in which drug suspicion became so rampant. 'The last few years in my Sunday column in The Buffalo News, I refused to use Barry Bonds' name. In my column, it became kind of a trademark. I just referred to him as No. 25,' Harrington said. 'So now people see my article in The Buffalo News — 'Wait a minute, how did you vote for Bonds and Clemens?' I explained in my column a couple weeks ago: To me, I felt, the Bud Selig thing was a tipping point.' Bonds and Clemens are back on the ballot next year, along with newcomers such as Chipper Jones, Jim Thome, Andruw Jones, Scott Rolen, Johan Santana and Omar Vizquel. Here are a few more things to watch: PUBLIC BALLOTS The BBWAA voted to release each voter's Hall of Fame choices to the public, starting next year. That change will add transparency to the process, although there are some concerns about groupthink and peer pressure. 'I'm very conflicted about this,' Mellinger said. 'I applaud the reasons that they are public. We are a profession that demands transparency in others, so why shouldn't we have the same here? I get all that. I can't argue against any of that. The part that I'm uncomfortable with is: I hope that people still vote their hearts and their minds and don't change based on, you know, 'I don't want to get ripped on Twitter.'' SABERMETRIC FAVORITES Raines had plenty of support in sabermetric circles. 'You've got these new stats. You've got WAR (wins above replacement). You've got all this stuff,' Raines said. 'Back in the day, when you looked at a Hall of Famer, you looked at 500 home runs, 300 wins and 3,000 hits, and a lot of times if you didn't reach those criteria, it was kind of hard for anyone to kind of look at you as a Hall of Famer. But I think the way the game has changed today, the way they look at the stats and everything, it has changed.' The next beneficiary of modern stats could be Mike Mussina, who achieved 51.8-percent approval this year. Mussina never won a Cy Young Award, but according to Baseball-Reference.com, his career WAR is comparable to that of Nolan Ryan and Bob Gibson. LOGJAM Nearly half of this year's 442 voters used the maximum 10 slots on their ballots, and although three people were elected, players like Trevor Hoffman (74.0 percent) and Vladimir Guerrero (71.7) fell just short, meaning they'll be back to take up votes again next year. With some credible new candidates eligible in 2018, the 10-player limit could come into play for quite a few voters. Lynn Henning of The Detroit News has abstained from voting at all when he's felt there were more than 10 Hall-worthy players. He didn't have that problem this year, but it could happen again. 'The 10-ballot restriction is silly, it's perverse, it's unjust, it's convoluted. It's a complete affront to players who deserve recognition, when they've earned recognition and are otherwise screened out because of some arbitrary adherence to this number 10,' Henning said. 'I think it's the most outlandishly preposterous restriction I've ever been exposed to in the realm of professional voting.' SPECIALISTS One challenge Hall voters now face is evaluating players who had more specialized roles — like designated hitters and closers. 'It's easy to find context for a Vladimir Guerrero or a Mike Mussina because there are tons of outfielders in the Hall of Fame, there are tons of starting pitchers in the Hall of Fame,' said Ryan Fagan of Sporting News. 'Defining the context for a DH or for a relief pitcher, that's more challenging, because there aren't a lot of guys like that in there.' Fagan supported Edgar Martinez, a DH, but did not vote for closers Hoffman, Billy Wagner and Lee Smith. None of those four made it in. All but Smith will be on the ballot again in 2018. ___ Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister .....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJan 19th, 2017Related News

All-Stars LeBron, Irving lead Cavs past Suns

em>By Tom Withers, Associated Press /em> CLEVELAND -- Kyrie Irving scored 26 points, All-Star teammate LeBron James had 21 points and 15 assists, and the Cleveland Cavaliers looked more like themselves at home in a 118-103 win over the Phoenix Suns on Thursday night (Friday, PHL time). The Cavs were back in Quicken Loans Arena following a six-game road trip (their longest of the season) that concluded with an embarrassing 35-point loss at Golden State. But on their home floor, they had better offensive balance and ball movement while improving to 30-11 -- the same record Cleveland had at the halfway point of its 2016 NBA championship season. Channing Frye scored 18, Iman Shumpert 17 and James Jones 14 while filling in for star forward Kevin Love, still bothered by back spasms. Tyson Chandler had 22 points and 16 rebounds, but the Suns lost for the fourth time in five games. Already thin on their front line with Love out, the Cavs lost forward Tristan Thompson in the second quarter with a dislocated left index finger. However, Thompson returned after halftime. And Cleveland's offense was in a much better rhythm from the start after a trip that wasn't always pleasing to the eye. While trying to integrate newly acquired Kyle Korver into their rotation on the road, the Cavs got into some bad habits as they forced passes to one of the league's best shooters. A couple of practices seem to have helped as Korver made a pair of three-pointers in the second quarter of his home debut to help Cleveland open a 21-point lead. The Suns made a brief run in the third and got within 12 before Shumpert hit a pair of three’s and Jones hit one from long range. strong>TIP-INS /strong> em> strong>Suns: /strong> /em> Chandler has at least 15 rebounds in six straight games, matching the club record set by Jim Fox in 1969. Phoenix coach Earl Watson has known Korver for years. When he joined the Jazz in 2010, Watson leased Korver's condominium in Utah. 'We go back. I sent him a lot of money every month,' Watson said with a smile. 'I'm glad I don't do that anymore.' On a serious note, Watson said Korver is a perfect addition for Cleveland, especially while J.R. Smith recovers from thumb surgery. 'He's a deadly knock-down shooter. He knows how to win,' Watson said. 'They're looking more long term instead of immediate. You get into the playoffs and you need a big three to stretch the floor. He's obviously the best shooter on their team. It's an impressive move.' em> strong>Cavaliers: /strong> /em>James, who missed his 46th career triple-double by one rebound, will be making his 13th consecutive All-Star Game appearance next month. He said the honor never gets old. 'Just means I've been doing something right in this league,' he said. 'Means I'm consistent and taking pride in my individual ability to go out and produce for the team every night, and whatever team I've been on in my career. It's always great to see my name up there with the best guys in the league, so it's a pretty cool thing.' Smith has had the hard cast removed from his right hand. He's expected back in late March. Jones made his first start since April 2, 2015. strong>UP NEXT /strong> em> strong>Suns: /strong> /em> At the New York Knicks on Saturday (Sunday, PHL time). Phoenix won the first meeting this season in overtime. em> strong>Cavaliers: /strong> /em>Host the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday (Sunday, PHL time) in a matchup between two of the NBA's best teams. .....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJan 19th, 2017Related News

TNT to launch NBA coverage featuring ex-players

NEW YORK (AP) — TNT will use broadcast teams featuring only former players and no traditional play-by-play men during five NBA doubleheaders later this season. The 'Players Only' schedule runs Monday nights from Feb. 27 to March 27 (Feb.28 to March 28, PHL time) and includes match-ups such as Golden State-Oklahoma City on March 20 (March 21, PHL time) and Cleveland-San Antonio a week later. Brent Barry will serve as the primary host of one team with Derek Fisher and Grant Hill, while Greg Anthony partners with Kevin McHale and Richard Hamilton on the other. Lisa Leslie and Dennis Scott will serve as reporters. Turner Sports says Thursday that Chris Webber will anchor the studio coverage with Isiah Thomas and Baron Davis, and that additional NBA players will contribute to the five-week program. .....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJan 19th, 2017Related News

Paulo buhay-binata, walang oras para dalawin ang anak nila ni LJ?

Paulo buhay-binata, walang oras para dalawin ang anak nila ni LJ?.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsJan 19th, 2017Related News

Duterte maaari pa ring magdeklara ng Martial Law kahit walang basbas ng Kongreso at SC-SolGen

Duterte maaari pa ring magdeklara ng Martial Law kahit walang basbas ng Kongreso at SC-SolGen.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: NewsJan 19th, 2017Related News