Advertisements


New Zealand PM says she’s having a baby

WELLINGTON: New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced on Friday she is expecting her first baby, and is set to become the country’s first leader to give birth while in office. The 37-year-old, who was sworn in last October, made global headlines when she slapped down pre-election questions over whether she intended to start a [...] The post New Zealand PM says she’s having a baby appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Source: Manilatimes ManilatimesCategory: 19 hr. 47 min. ago Related News

Gov’t earmarks Php2-B  for MSME development

To continue the Department of Trade and Industry’s programs to develop Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), the government has set aside Php2 billion to aid entrepreneurs and create an entrepreneurial revolution in the country that will result in more jobs generated for Filipinos. “We are committed in our goal of providing job opportunities for […].....»»

Source: Boholnewsdaily BoholnewsdailyCategory: NewsJan 18th, 2018Related News

Nadal a straight-sets winner to begin Australian Open

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Top-seeded Rafael Nadal didn't show any side effects from a right knee injury that sidelined him at the end of last season, beating Victor Estrella Burgos 6-1, 6-1, 6-1 in a first-round match. Nadal, who won the French Open and U.S. Open last year, lost in last year's final here to Roger Federer. The Spanish lefthander has only lost in the first round at two Grand Slam singles tournaments — to Steve Darcis at Wimbledon in 2013, and to Fernando Verdasco in Melbourne in 2016. Nadal will play Leonardo Mayer in the second round on Wednesday. Mayer beat Nicolas Jarry 6-2, 7-6 (1), 6-3 earlier Monday. In other matches: Caroline Wozniacki was an easy 6-2, 6-3 winner over Michaela Buzarnescu in a first-round match at Melbourne Park. At No. 2, Wozniacki is playing here at her highest seeding since appearing as the top-seeded player at the 2012 Australian Open when she lost in the quarterfinals. Wozniacki, seeded 19th in Melbourne last year, is still looking to win her first Grand Slam singles title. Add Jack Sock's name to the list of Americans departing Monday from the Australian Open. On the same day the U.S. lost eight women's players, including 2017 finalist Venus Williams and U.S. Open champion Sloane Stephens, Sock was defeated by Japan's Yuichi Sugita of Japan 6-1, 7-6 (4), 5-7, 6-3 in the first round. Sock, who's never advanced beyond the third round at the Australian Open, was the highest-ranked American man at No. 8 and had his highest seeding at a major. The American, who retired from a match against Sugita at the Hopman Cup to start the season, had 52 unforced errors compared to just 30 winners in the match. Sock is coming off a career-best season in which he won his first Masters title in Paris and qualified for the ATP Finals for the first time. He lost his first match of the new season last week in New Zealand, however, and was criticized afterward in the local media for appearing not to give his full effort in the match. Third-seeded Grigor Dimitrov advanced to the second round at the Australian Open for the seventh time with a 6-3, 6-2, 6-1 win over qualifier Dennis Novak. Last year at Melbourne Park, Dimitrov equaled his best Grand Slam result, reaching the semifinals before losing to Rafael Nadal in five sets. He also lost a Wimbledon semifinal in 2014 to Novak Djokovic. Dimitrov has never lost to a qualifier in seven matches at a Grand Slam tournament, and has dropped only one set. American actor and comedian Will Ferrell watched the Rod Laver Arena match......»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJan 15th, 2018Related News

2 Marawi siege victims caught in drug bust in Quezon City

Senior Inspector Dennis Francisco, head of the intelligence team of Quezon City Police District (QCPD) Station 4';s drug enforcement unit, said the two suspects went to Manila to seek jobs after.....»»

Source: Manilanews ManilanewsCategory: NewsJan 14th, 2018Related News

P15.7B earned, more than 280,000 employed!

‘Serbisyo.Trabaho.Laro’ The expanded operations of Small Town Lottery (STL) brought remarkable earnings at P15,750,895,045 in the year 2017 with a 183.63 percent increase from P6,462,304,820 in 2016. It opened 280,722 jobs. In 2016, the recorded number of jobs in STL was 173,861. As noted by PCSO, 12,097 are organic employees; 19,874 are kabos; and 248,000 [...] The post P15.7B earned, more than 280,000 employed! appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Source: Manilatimes ManilatimesCategory: Jan 14th, 2018Related News

Labor dept to give temporary jobs to fire-hit NCCC Mall workers

A total of 2,925 workers will be placed under DOLE’ s emergency employment program.  Source link link: Labor dept to give temporary jobs to fire-hit NCCC Mall workers.....»»

Source: Manilainformer ManilainformerCategory: Jan 13th, 2018Related News

Marvel urges Filipino creatives to apply for jobs, send portfolios

  In an effort to look for local talents and reach out to its ever-growing Philippine fan base, Marvel staged the second Marvel Creative Day Out at the De La Salle College of St. Benilde, School of Design and Arts last Jan. 10. Marvel Comic's new editor-in-chief CB Cebulski and The Walt Disney Company's vice president for creatives in Greater China Allen Au-Yeung attended the event. The two executives shared insights about their companies and the industry, while extending a hand to budding creative minds in the audience. Cebulski personally gave away his company email and urged anyone with a portfolio to send it to cbcebulski@marvel.com. "I have an open inbox," said ...Keep on reading: Marvel urges Filipino creatives to apply for jobs, send portfolios.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Jan 11th, 2018Related News

Survey shows Pinoys most optimistic in Asia-Pacific

Thanks to "rising economic growth, a soaring travel industry and greater interregional economic cooperation," citizens of the Asia-Pacific region are feeling optimistic about their future---and Filipinos are the most optimistic of them all. This was one of the key findings of the recent MasterCard Index of Consumer Confidence based on a survey conducted twice yearly in the Asia-Pacific covering 18 markets: Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. The latest survey was conducted between October and November last year among 9,141 respondents...Keep on reading: Survey shows Pinoys most optimistic in Asia-Pacific.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Jan 10th, 2018Related News

Philippines, New Zealand sign deal on weather data exchange

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) has partnered with New Zealand’s MetService t.....»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsJan 10th, 2018Related News

Top 3 reasons to study in New Zealand

MANILA, Philippines — Many people all over the world are vying for an opportunity to study in New Zealand......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsJan 10th, 2018Related News

NCFP to host Asean Age Group Championships

National Chess Federation of the Philippines (NCFP) president Prospero Pichay is confident that the Philippines will retain the overall crown when it hosts the 19th AseanAge Group Chess Championships from June 17 to 27 in Davao City. Pichay expects around 500 international woodpushers from Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, India and China to participate in [...] The post NCFP to host Asean Age Group Championships appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Source: Manilatimes_net Manilatimes_netCategory: NewsJan 10th, 2018Related News

JOBS IN BICOL | DOST 5 needs site engineer

JOBS IN BICOL | DOST 5 needs site engineer.....»»

Source: Bicolstandard BicolstandardCategory: NewsJan 9th, 2018Related News

Gov’t has caught biggest tax evader, says Dominguez

The Duterte administration has caught the biggest tax evader in the Philippines -- namely, tobacco firm Mighty Corp., which has just paid the government P30 billion to settle its tax liabilities, Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III saidon Monday. "Right now, we have not caught all the tax evaders, but we caught the biggest one, okay," Dominguez said in a news briefing at Malacaang Palace. "We caught the tax evader who was penalized 30 billion pesos and that was Mighty Cigarettes -- and Mighty is no longer in the business." "Their business was taken over by somebody, by another company, and no jobs were lost. But the government collected 30 billion pesos -- actually 29.5 bill...Keep on reading: Gov’t has caught biggest tax evader, says Dominguez.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Jan 8th, 2018Related News

Ferrer tested by teenager in 1st round of ASB Classic

AUCKLAND, New Zealand --- Four-time champion David Ferrer had to call on all of his experience to beat Chinese teenager Wu Yibing 7-6 (7), 6-4 Monday in the first round of the ASB Classic in New Zealand. The 35-year-old Spaniard, ranked 37th in the world and seeded seventh for the ATP Tour event, overcame difficulties in both sets before beating the 18-year-old Wu, ranked 314, in just under two hours. "I think experience was the key," a relieved Ferrer said after the see-sawing match on center court. "I have 18 years on him so I tried to play with all my experience in important moments." Wu, the U.S. Open junior champion and the world's top ranked junior, made a nervous start and dr...Keep on reading: Ferrer tested by teenager in 1st round of ASB Classic.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Jan 8th, 2018Related News

AirlineRatings.com Names the Safest Airlines for 2018

AirlineRatings.com, the world’s only safety and product rating website, has announced its top 20 safest airlines for 2018 from the 409 it monitors. The top twenty are the who’s who of airlines and in alphabetical order are: Air New Zealand, Alaska Airlines, All Nippon Airways, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Emirates, Etihad Airways, EVA Air, […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsJan 8th, 2018Related News

Storm pummels New Zealand’s North Island, leaving thousands without power

A huge storm battered New Zealand’s North Island on Friday, leaving tens of thousands of homes without power and forcing evacuations in low-lying areas. The county’s official meteorology service said the storm, which began on Thursday, would continue to cause havoc as it moved south towards the capital, Wellington. Source link link: Storm pummels New Zealand’s North Island, leaving thousands without power.....»»

Source: Manilainformer ManilainformerCategory: Jan 5th, 2018Related News

Mike Tyson breaks ground on California marijuana ranch

CALIFORNIA CITY, California, United States --- Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is becoming a California marijuana entrepreneur. TheBlast.com reports that Tyson and partners on Dec. 20 broke ground on a plot for a cannabis resort in California City, a remote Mojave Desert town that's about a 110-mile (177-kilometer) drive north of Los Angeles. Partner Robert Hickman tells the website that the undeveloped lands are primed to be cultivated and that Tyson Ranch will be an oasis. In a video of the event, California City Mayor Jennifer Wood thanks Tyson for his commitment to the community, saying the industry will provide medical marijuana to people in need, revenue, jobs a...Keep on reading: Mike Tyson breaks ground on California marijuana ranch.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Jan 3rd, 2018Related News

Dela Rosa: Mandaluyong cops stupid, but had no ill intent

MANILA, Philippines – Stupid, but at least they had clean hearts.  Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa admitted Mandaluyong cops involved in a botched operation that killed 2 were "stupid" (tanga) but said he felt pity for them because they were simply "doing their jobs."  "Again, sabihin ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsJan 2nd, 2018Related News

Bye week means job search for Patriots assistant coaches

By Jimmy Golen, Associated Press FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — It's another bye week for the New England Patriots, and that means time for Bill Belichick's assistants to interview for head coaching jobs. Both offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and defensive coordinator Matt Patricia are expected to be coveted by the six or more teams looking to fill openings this offseason. With the Patriots off until their divisional playoff game on Jan. 13, McDaniels and Patricia will have a chance to make their case. "There's a time and a place for all of that," McDaniels said Monday in a conference call with reporters. "My focus here when I come into this building will always be on what's best for the Patriots and trying to do what I can to help us prepare to play our best game the next time we go out on the field." McDaniels and Patricia said Monday morning that they hadn't heard from any suitors yet. Coach Bill Belichick praised his assistants and said, "We'll see how it goes." McDaniels has gone through this before, when he was hired to coach the Denver Broncos in 2009; he lasted less than two seasons. As a top assistant in one of the most successful regimes in NFL history, he is annually a top target, including last year when he interviewed with the Jaguars and 49ers while the Patriots were on their way to a fifth Super Bowl victory. "I've gone through it before, which is helpful in terms of being able to balance that and multitask it," McDaniels said. Patricia brushed aside questions about his next job, saying he was concentrating on his current one. "None of that is even really applicable for me right now because I don't have any information on that," he said a day after Sunday's 26-6 victory over the New York Jets left New England at 13-3 and the No. 1 seed in the AFC. "I'm in normal mode — came in and graded the Jets," Patricia said. "(I'm) working to make sure that we have a good, productive week this week and try to improve those things.".....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsJan 2nd, 2018Related News

Top Hollywood women launch anti-harassment plan

WASHINGTON DC, USA – More than 300 major actresses and female writers, directors, agents and other entertainment executives unveiled an initiative on Monday, January 1, to tackle pervasive sexual harassment in Hollywood and working class jobs across the United States. Time's Up includes a legal defense fund that has so far ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsJan 2nd, 2018Related News