Advertisements


President Duterte leads inauguration of Sangley Airport

CAVITE CITY, Cavite, Feb. 17 (PIA) - President Rodrigo Duterte returned to Sangley Point after his visit last June 12, 2019 this time to lead the inauguration of the Sangley Airport Development Pro.....»»

Source: Philippinetimes PhilippinetimesCategory: News1 hr. 34 min. ago Related News

LGU Tacurong City beefs up efforts against COVID-19 and ASF

TACURONG CITY, Sultan Kudarat, Feb.17 (PIA) - Amidst the growing concern over the novel coronavirus (nCoV) now called coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 and the African Swine Fever (ASF), Tacuron.....»»

Source: Philippinetimes PhilippinetimesCategory: News1 hr. 34 min. ago Related News

Dr Suborno Bose awarded Business Leader of the Year Award

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], Feb 17 (ANI/PRNewswire): Dr Suborno Bose, the founder of the Young Chef Olympiad, Co-chairman and CEO of the International Hospitality Council (IHC) and Founder and Chief.....»»

Source: Philippinetimes PhilippinetimesCategory: News1 hr. 34 min. ago Related News

8.2-M int’l tourists visit PH in 2019

International arrivals in the Philippines last year exceeded the 8.2-million visitor goal set by the government, the Department of Tourism said yesterday. A total of 8.26 million international tourists visited the country in 2019, which was higher than the annual target set in the National Tourism Development Plan for 2016-2022. “This heralds a new milestone […].....»»

Source: Tempo TempoCategory: News1 hr. 47 min. ago Related News

Mini Thailand Week 2020 showcase Thai products

One hundred Thailand and Philippine companies will exhibit their products and services on 5 to 8 March 2020 at Hall 4 of the SMX Convention Center Manila at the Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City. The event entitled “Mini Thailand Week 2020” and with the theme “Discover Excellence, Trade with Thailand” is organized by the […] The post Mini Thailand Week 2020 showcase Thai products appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Source: Tribune TribuneCategory: News2 hr. 0 min. ago Related News

DOH reports decline of PUIs

There are 171 patients under investigation (PUIs) for the coronavirus diseases 2019 (Covid-19) admitted in various health facilities as of Monday, the Department of Health reported. Additionally, a total of 350 patients have been discharged, 453 PUIs tested negative and 22 cases are awaiting test results. The remaining patients have yet to submit specimens for […] The post DOH reports decline of PUIs appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Source: Tribune TribuneCategory: News2 hr. 0 min. ago Related News

Compensation awaits cruise ship crew, passengers

Carnival’s Princess Cruises said it will compensate quarantined crew members who are caring for more than 2,000 passengers on a ship docked in Japan as the coronavirus disease 2019 continues to spread among those aboard. An additional 99 people have tested positive on Monday, Japanese media said, citing new figures from the health ministry which […] The post Compensation awaits cruise ship crew, passengers appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Source: Tribune TribuneCategory: News2 hr. 0 min. ago Related News

Navotas remains COVID-19 free

QUEZON CITY, Feb. 17 -- Navotas remains free from Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID19), previously known as novel Coronavirus (nCov).This was assured by Mayor Toby Tiangco, as he urged Navoten.....»»

Source: Manilanews ManilanewsCategory: News4 hr. 0 min. ago Related News

President Duterte leads inauguration of Sangley Airport

CAVITE CITY, Cavite, Feb. 17 (PIA) - President Rodrigo Duterte returned to Sangley Point after his visit last June 12, 2019 this time to lead the inauguration of the Sangley Airport Development Pro.....»»

Source: Manilanews ManilanewsCategory: News4 hr. 0 min. ago Related News

Dr Suborno Bose awarded Business Leader of the Year Award

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], Feb 17 (ANI/PRNewswire): Dr Suborno Bose, the founder of the Young Chef Olympiad, Co-chairman and CEO of the International Hospitality Council (IHC) and Founder and Chief.....»»

Source: Manilanews ManilanewsCategory: News4 hr. 0 min. ago Related News

FIBA 3x3 Olympic qualifier to push through despite NCoV outbreak scare

The 3x3 basketball Tokyo Olympics qualifier in India will push through as planned despite the scare of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. FIBA 3x3 Event Manager Ignacio Soriano said on Monday that the world basketball governing body will stick with the scheduled qualifier in Bangalore, India slated on March 18 to 22. “It’s a force majeure, we cannot plan something we don’t know what’s gonna happen tomorrow and in the next month or in the next couple of months. So for now the first reaction is to keep the Olympic qualifying tournament in India as it is,” said Soriano, who is in the country to meet with Chooks-to-Go 3x3 league owner Ronald Mascarinas to talk about the league’s 2020 calendar as well as the country’s hosting of the FIBA 3x3 World Tour Manila Masters. Twenty teams will compete for slots in the Olympics’ first-ever staging of 3x3 basketball. The Samahang Basketbol sa Pilipinas is set to announce the six-man line-up of the national squad, which will include at least two players in the PHI top 10 3x3 ranking on Tuesday. The deadline of submission of names was on Monday. “As you know this is an important event for FIBA. This is the first-ever qualifying tournament and it’s a 20 teams per gender whereas only three will qualify to the Tokyo Olympics. It’s our first Olympics and we’re doing our debut,” said Soriano. However, the FIBA official added that there could be some changes in the FIBA Asia Cup set on May 13 to 17 in Changsha, China.   “We’re working already in potentially changing the host city for the FIBA 3x3 Asia Cup that is happening in May,” said Soriano. “We’re working with different hosts but as of now nothing is official.” Soriano welcomed the possibility of the PHI taking over the hosting duties especially with the country’s growing 3x3 basketball following and successful hosting of international events of the sport in the past.   --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @fromtheriles.....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: Sports5 hr. 47 min. ago Related News

PBA: 'Awesome news' as Parks Jr. reaches new deal with TNT

Easily one of the bigger stories of the ongoing PBA offseason was the status of incoming second-year forward Bobby Ray Parks Jr. On Monday, Parks Jr. finally agreed to a new one-year deal to stay with the TNT KaTropa. Pretty much a restricted free agent, Parks Jr. was in negotiations with TNT, which was described to be "95 percent" done as late as last Saturday, Feb. 15. Missing last season's Philippine Cup to complete his ABL duties, Parks Jr. only signed a two-conference contract with Blackwater, the team that picked him second in the 2018 Draft. He was dealt to TNT after one and a half conferences with the Elite. Parks Jr. averaged 18.8 points, 6.3 rebounds, 3.5 assists, and 1.4 steals in 32 games during his rookie season. "I'm just thrilled that he signed," TNT active consultant and interim Gilas head coach Mark Dickel said on the Parks Jr. news. "That's great news for us. Awesome news, it'll be great to have the whole team in practice. It's good stuff," he added. With Parks Jr. finally signed, the opportunity to join the Gilas Pilipinas pools also opens for him again. But with the start of the opening window of the 2021 FIBA Asia Cup qualifiers being so close, he'll have to sit it out for now pretty much. "As far as Gilas goes, these guys [players in practice] are 8-9 days in. Maybe we'll be thinking of next window for him [Ray]," Dickel said. — Follow this writer on Twitter, @paullintag8.....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: Sports5 hr. 47 min. ago Related News

PH gov t sends care packages to Filipinos quarantined on Japan cruise ship

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine government provided care packages to the 538 Filipinos still quarantined on the Japanese cruise ship Diamond Princess due to the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) scare. Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Assistant Secretary Eduardo Meñez said in a press conference on Monday, February 17, ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: News7 hr. 13 min. ago Related News

DOH stays vigilant even with admitted PUIs for coronavirus down to 171

MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Health (DOH) will "not be complacent" even if the number of persons under investigation (PUIs) for the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) still admitted in health facilities nationwide is down to 171.  As of 12 pm on Monday, February 17, ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: News7 hr. 13 min. ago Related News

49 quarantined Filipinos in New Clark City show no symptoms so far

MANILA, Philippines – The 49 Filipinos currently quarantined in New Clark City due to the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) scare have not shown any signs of respiratory illness as of Monday, February 17. "All 49 repatriates at the New Clark City quarantine facility show no signs or ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: News7 hr. 13 min. ago Related News

Optometrist spreading fake info about COVID-19 to be charged

CEBU CITY, Philippines — An optometrist, who allegedly disseminated fake information about a patient positive for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and who was allegedly admitted in a Mandaue City hospital, will be facing a case for spreading the fake information. Police Colonel Marlo Castillo, Regional Anti-cybercrime Unit in Central Visayas (RACU-7), said they would be […] The post Optometrist spreading fake info about COVID-19 to be charged appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: News8 hr. 0 min. ago Related News

Cebuana belter Sheryn Regis to mount homecoming concert on Feb. 28

CEBU CITY, Philippines – Did you miss Cebuana singer Sheryn Regis? The Crystal Voice of Asia is gearing for her homecoming concert entitled “Back To Love” at the Music Museum in San Juan, Metro Manila on February 28, 2020. “I am back to what I love to do which is singing for my fellow Filipinos,” […] The post Cebuana belter Sheryn Regis to mount homecoming concert on Feb. 28 appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: News8 hr. 0 min. ago Related News

DOH-7 expects number of PUIs in the region to decrease

CEBU CITY, Philippines — The number of patients under investigation (PUIs) in Central Visayas suspected of having the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues to dwindle as the influx of returning Filipino passengers decreases. As of February 17, the Department of Health (DOH) has recorded only two PUIs for the region — a significant decrease from […] The post DOH-7 expects number of PUIs in the region to decrease appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: News8 hr. 0 min. ago Related News

BREAKING: MCIA among NCCA’s Ani ng Dangal awardees

  CEBU CITY, Philippines – The country’s second busiest airport is recognized anew for its unique architectural design. The Mactan Cebu International Airport (MCIA) is the recipient of the 12th Ani ng Dangal Award in the Architecture and Allied Arts Category by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA). “For its achievements in […] The post BREAKING: MCIA among NCCA’s Ani ng Dangal awardees appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: News8 hr. 0 min. ago Related News

Bea umaming na-miss nang bonggang-bongga si John Lloyd

“NAKAKA-MISS makabatuhan ng linya si John Lloyd Cruz!” Ito ang inamin ng Kapamilya actress na si Bea Alonzo matapos ang reunion “project” nila ni Lloydie nitong nakaraang Valentine’s Day. Muling humarap nang magkasama sa madlang pipol ang magka-loveteam sa ginanap na live script reading ng hugot movie na “That Thing Called Tadhana” sa Ayala Triangle, […] The post Bea umaming na-miss nang bonggang-bongga si John Lloyd appeared first on Bandera......»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: News8 hr. 34 min. ago Related News