Advertisements


Militants attack Iran army parade, killing civilians – state media

TEHRAN, Iran – Militants attacked a military parade in southwestern Iran on Saturday, September 22, killing several civilians, state media reported. A woman and a child were among at least 20 people wounded in the attack by a "group of assailants" on the parade in the city of Ahvaz, the official ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: News7 hr. 23 min. ago Related News

Local news agency: 8 elite Iranian guards die in attack

    TEHRAN, Iran---Gunmen attacked an annual Iranian military parade Saturday in the country's oil-rich southwest, killing at least eight members of the country's elite Revolutionary Guard and wounding 20 others, local media reported. No group immediately claimed responsibility for the assault in Ahvaz, which saw gunfire spray into a crowd of marching Guardsmen, bystanders and government officials watching from a nearby riser. However, Iran faced a bloody assault last year from the Islamic State group and Arab separatists in the region have attacked oil pipelines there in the past. State television aired footage of the aftermath of the assault on Ahvaz's Quds, o...Keep on reading: Local news agency: 8 elite Iranian guards die in attack.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: 8 hr. 36 min. ago Related News

Duterte assures soldiers, civilians of full gov’t care

President Duterte assured soldiers and civilians wounded during military operations in Mindanao of full recovery under the government’s care. Duterte assures soldiers, civilians of full gov’t care President Duterte assured soldiers and civilians wounded during military operations in Mindanao of full recovery under the government's care. Source link: Duterte assures soldiers, civilians of full gov’t care.....»»

Source: Manilainformer ManilainformerCategory: 11 hr. 57 min. ago Related News

Mindanao’s Martial Law will not extend to Luzon, Visayas says Palace

A resident (L) stands next to military troops guarding a checkpoint with a tarpaulin notifying motorists and residents of the implementation of martial law, along a highway leading to Marawi, in the town of Balo-i, Lanao del norte, on the southern island of Mindanao on July 22, 2017. — AFP AS various groups of protesters… link: Mindanao’s Martial Law will not extend to Luzon, Visayas says Palace.....»»

Source: Manilainformer ManilainformerCategory: Sep 21st, 2018Related News

Santa Clara: Che’s city but also Cuba’s gay haven

Jose Augustin Hernandez is a 53-year-old local government official in Cuba--- who is transgender, sports a flamboyant pink wig and goes by the name Adela. Hernandez works in Caibarien, a town close to Santa Clara--- a city synonymous with revolutionary icon Che Guevara but also Cuba's most LGBT-friendly town. "I'm more revolutionary than gay," says Hernandez, who has photos of both her boyfriend and the famous Argentine guerrilla on the wall behind her. "And look, no one is more gay than me, because I was born gay." Sixty years ago, Santa Clara is where Guevara derailed one of US-backed Cuban dictator Fulgencio Batista's military trains during the guerrilla resistance, and t...Keep on reading: Santa Clara: Che’s city but also Cuba’s gay haven.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Sep 21st, 2018Related News

Destabilizers can’t topple govt -Duterte

  Amid an alleged destabilization plot against him, President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday expressed confidence that opposition forces would not be able to bring his administration down. The President reiterated his appeal to the military to remain loyal to the flag and the Constitution amid “unified efforts” to topple the government. “So I guarantee them [...] The post Destabilizers can’t topple govt -Duterte appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Source: Manilatimes ManilatimesCategory: Sep 21st, 2018Related News

SWS: Less crime in Q2, but Pinoys feel streets not safer even in military-ruled Mindanao

The second quarter SWS survey showed that over the past six months, there were fewer people who experienced pick-pocketing and physical violence, among others......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsSep 20th, 2018Related News

Australia eyes PNG military base to curb China’s Pacific influence

SYDNEY: Australia is planning to build new naval base in Papua New Guinea, reports said Wednesday, an apparent move to curb China’s influence in the Pacific. Canberra was aiming to finalize an agreement on the joint facility — to be built on the Pacific nation’s Manus island — ahead of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit [...] The post Australia eyes PNG military base to curb China’s Pacific influence appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Source: Manilatimes_net Manilatimes_netCategory: NewsSep 20th, 2018Related News

SWS: Less crime in Q2, but Pinoys feel streets not safer even in military-ruled Mindanao - Philippine Star

SWS: Less crime in Q2, but Pinoys feel streets not safer even in military-ruled Mindanao - Philippine Star.....»»

Source: Googlenews GooglenewsCategory: NewsSep 20th, 2018Related News

DBP extends P2-B assistance for relending to uniformed personnel

STATE-owned Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) has granted a P2-billion credit line to one of the largest cooperatives in the country for relending to its members composed mainly of members of the military, a top official said. DBP president and chief executive officer Cecilia C. Borromeo said the bank’s loan assistance to thePhilippine Army […] The post DBP extends P2-B assistance for relending to uniformed personnel appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Source: Thedailyguardian ThedailyguardianCategory: NewsSep 19th, 2018Related News

Duterte Urges Public to Donate to Gov’t Instead of TV Stations

President Rodrigo R. Duterte on Tuesday urged the public to send donations for victims of Typhoon Ompong (Mangkhut) to the government, particularly the military, and or humanitarian organization Red Cross instead of private TV stations. “I will not mention it but yung mga (those) prominent TV network, I’m giving you a testimony, personal. Ang sabi […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsSep 19th, 2018Related News

Westmincom welcomes probe into Patikul, Sulu ‘massacre’

The military’s Western Mindanao Command is open to any investigation into allegations that seven men killed in Patikul, Sulu last week were fruit-pickers and not Abu Sayyaf members. Source link link: Westmincom welcomes probe into Patikul, Sulu ‘massacre’.....»»

Source: Manilainformer ManilainformerCategory: Sep 19th, 2018Related News

3 teams deployed to Patikul, Sulu to probe alleged massacre

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews  /18 September) —  Three government agencies have deployed teams to Patikul, Sulu to investigate the September 14 alleged massacre of seven fruit pickers who the military claimed were Abu Sayyaf members killed in an encounter. In the House of Representatives, the Makabayan bloc and the chair of the House Committee on Peace, […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 19th, 2018Related News

Westmincom welcomes probe into Patikul, Sulu massacre

The military's Western Mindanao Command is open to any investigation into allegations that seven men killed in Patikul, Sulu last week were fruit-pickers and not Abu Sayyaf members......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsSep 19th, 2018Related News

North and South Korea commit to ‘era of no war’ – CNN News

The two Koreas said they were taking a step closer to peace by signing a joint military agreement that removes […].....»»

Source: Mindanaoexaminer MindanaoexaminerCategory: NewsSep 19th, 2018Related News

Putin seeks to defuse Israel crisis after downing of Russian jet – Al Jazeera

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said the downing of a Russian military plane by Syrian air defences was the result […].....»»

Source: Mindanaoexaminer MindanaoexaminerCategory: NewsSep 19th, 2018Related News

Philippines ex-general gets life in jail for abduction

MANILA: A retired military general, called ‘berdugo’ (butcher) by human rights advocates, was convicted on Monday by a regional court which sentenced him to life imprisonment for the abdu Source link link: Philippines ex-general gets life in jail for abduction.....»»

Source: Manilainformer ManilainformerCategory: Sep 19th, 2018Related News

3 teams deployed to Patikul, Sulu to probe alleged massacre

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews  /18 September) —  Three government agencies have deployed teams to Patikul, Sulu to investigate the September 14 alleged massacre of seven fruit pickers who the military claimed were Abu Sayyaf members killed in an encounter. In the House of Representatives, the Makabayan bloc and the chair of the House Committee on Peace, […].....»»

Source: Mindanews MindanewsCategory: NewsSep 19th, 2018Related News

Philippines ex-general gets life in jail for abduction

MANILA: A retired military general, called 'berdugo' (butcher) by human rights advocates, was convicted on Monday by a regional court which sentenced him to life imprisonment for the abdu.....»»

Source: Philippinetimes PhilippinetimesCategory: NewsSep 18th, 2018Related News

Myanmar army should be removed from politics – UN probe

YANGON: Myanmar’s powerful army should be removed from politics, UN investigators said on Tuesday in the final version of a damning report reiterating calls for top generals to be prosecuted for genocide against the Rohingya Muslim minority. A brutal military crackdown last year forced more than 700,000 Rohingya to flee over the border to Bangladesh. [...] The post Myanmar army should be removed from politics – UN probe appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Source: Manilatimes_net Manilatimes_netCategory: NewsSep 18th, 2018Related News