Advertisements


Duterte to let military decide on peace talks with Reds

The fate of the peace talks with the communist rebels remains in the hands of the military, President Rodrigo Duterte said Monday night.   Duterte issued the statement three months after the collapse of the peace negotiations with the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP), and following the visit of Norwegian government officials, the third party facilitator in the peace process.   "So I'm talking to the communists. The Norwegian officials came here to explore the possibility of talking again. I have to consult my military people. Why? Eh sila 'yung namamatay eh, hindi naman ako. Sabi ko, 'I will talk to the military. If you would agree, I might [consi...Keep on reading: Duterte to let military decide on peace talks with Reds.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: 2 hr. 18 min. ago Related News

Duterte: OFW deployment ban may expand to other countries

The total deployment ban in Kuwait might be extended to other countries, President Duterte said Tuesday. Duterte issued this statement as he reiterated that the ban on Filipino workers in Kuwait would remain. "The ban will continue and it will extend to other countries. Mahirapan sila, well, humihingi na ako ng tawad sa inyo. I will not allow ... Hindi ... Wala akong kaplano na ipadala kayo doon tapos babuyin kayo. Hindi ko style 'yan," he said in a speech before Filipino-Chinese businessmen at the Manila Hotel. Duterte had earlier slammed the Kuwaiti government for the reported abuse of OFWs in the Gulf State, including 29-year-old Joanna Demafelis whose body was found insi...Keep on reading: Duterte: OFW deployment ban may expand to other countries.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: 2 hr. 18 min. ago Related News

Duterte eyes sending military for training in China

President Rodrigo Duterte is thinking of sending the military to China for training. "Kaya ang suggestion ko 'yung next batch diretso na sa China para ang loob nila balance. So I'm sure there is an academy there to train good professional Chinese soldiers," Duterte said in a speech before Filipino-Chinese businessmen at the Manila Hotel on Monday night. "Maybe China can accommodate them also and let them not really to fight the Americans but terrorism," he added. Last year, Duterte said the Russian government offered to train some members of the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP). Aside from security training, Duterte has said t...Keep on reading: Duterte eyes sending military for training in China.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: 2 hr. 18 min. ago Related News

Duterte critic Enchong Dee admits voting ‘for this president that we have’

While many showbiz personalities would rather keep mum on their voting preferences, Enchong Dee casually dropped his 2016 vote when he guested on "Tonight with Boy Abunda." In the segment "5 in 45," where guests reveal five unknown facts about themselves in 45 seconds, Dee said, "I voted for this president that we have." The actor has also been supportive of Vice President Leni Robredo who, like him, hails from Naga city in Camarines Sur. Robredo belongs to the Liberal Party, which has been critical of the current administration. Dee, too, has been vocal about the present administration on social media. Some of his posts concern the drug war and statements from government officials....Keep on reading: Duterte critic Enchong Dee admits voting ‘for this president that we have’.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: 2 hr. 18 min. ago Related News

PDEA Aims to Free Up to 8k Barangays Yearly from Illegal Drugs

Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) Director General Aaron Aquino targets to free 7,000-8,000 barangays per year from illegal drugs, as President Rodrigo Duterte has four years left to fulfill his campaign promise. “We have a timeline of four years more before the President steps down and we need to clear 7,000-8,000 barangays per year,” Aquino […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: News2 hr. 44 min. ago Related News

Workers camp out vs ‘heartless’ Duterte admin’s tack on contractualization

The consensus among labor groups is that contractual workers constitute at least half of the employed, and in many instances, up to eight in every 10 employed. The post Workers camp out vs ‘heartless’ Duterte admin’s tack on contractualization appeared first on Bulatlat......»»

Source: Bulatlat BulatlatCategory: News3 hr. 57 min. ago Related News

Duterte extends ban on OFW deployment to other countries

THE deployment ban of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) will extend to other countries, President Rodrigo Duterte said, demanding that Filipinos be treated with dignity. In his speech during a gathering of the Filipino-Chinese business community at the Manila Hotel on Monday night, Duterte recognized how jobs provided by other countries to OFWs contribute significantly to the Philippine [...] The post Duterte extends ban on OFW deployment to other countries appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Source: Manilatimes ManilatimesCategory: 4 hr. 31 min. ago Related News

Duterte to visit OFW’s wake in Iloilo on Thursday

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte will visit the wake of Joanna Daniela Demafelis, an overseas Filipino worker (OFW) who was found dead in a freezer in Kuwait, on Thursday, according to a schedule released by Malacanang on the Chief Executive’s activities for the week. Based on the schedule, the President’s estimated time of arrival at the home [...] The post Duterte to visit OFW’s wake in Iloilo on Thursday appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Source: Manilatimes ManilatimesCategory: 4 hr. 31 min. ago Related News

Duterte communications office declares war vs disinformation

DAVAO CITY: Communications Secretary Martin Andanar on Tuesday enjoined public information officers and communicators to join his office in waging war against disinformation and misinformation, as well as fake news. Andanar issued the challenge during the 1st National Information Convention (NIC) here where he urged the delegates to go down to the grassroots level to [...] The post Duterte communications office declares war vs disinformation appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Source: Manilatimes ManilatimesCategory: 4 hr. 31 min. ago Related News

Duterte: PH owns Benham Rise

Duterte: PH owns Benham Rise.....»»

Source: Cnnphilippines CnnphilippinesCategory: News6 hr. 44 min. ago Related News

Cilic, Ramos Vinolas and Verdasco win at Rio Open debut

RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — World number three Marin Cilic of Croatia won his debut at the Rio Open. The tournament's top seed beat Argentinian Carlos Berlocq 6-3, 6-2 on Monday. Fourth seed Albert Ramos Vinolas of Spain overcame Brazilian Rogerio Dutra Silva in three sets: 6-3, 3-6 and 6-4. Spaniard Fernando Verdasco also needed three sets to win. He qualified to the ATP 500 round of 16 with a 6-2, 3-6 and 6-3 victory over Argentina's Leonardo Mayer. Second seed and world number six Dominic Thiem of Austria will debut on Tuesday in the clay tournament at Rio de Janeiro's Jockey Club. On Sunday Thiem won the title of the ATP 250 Argentina Open in Buenos Aires for the second time in the tournament that kicks off Latin America's tennis season......»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: Sports7 hr. 18 min. ago Related News

Cabinet in full force at Senate for Duterte aide

MANILA, Philippines — Palace officials were there in full force to support Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go during yesterday’s Senate.....»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: News7 hr. 57 min. ago Related News

Rody: Congress must respect dignity of Cabinet men, uniformed officials

MANILA, Philippines — President Duterte ordered yesterday Cabinet members and uniformed officials to walk out of congressional hearings if they experience hu.....»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: News7 hr. 57 min. ago Related News

Kuwait again invites Duterte to visit amid tensions

Kuwait again invites Duterte to visit amid tensions.....»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: News7 hr. 57 min. ago Related News

Sara Duterte to lead new political party to support father’s programs

DAVAO CITY, Philippines – Presidential daughter Sara Duterte-Carpio and 4 other governors Southern Mindanao have formed a party which aims to throw support to her father’s several agenda in his remaining 4 years in power. The new party, Hugpong ng Pagbabago (HNP), is led by Duterte-Carpio, who is also the ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: News9 hr. 31 min. ago Related News

I$!S RECRUITER NAHULI SA MANILA | DUTERTE LATEST NEWS – Manila Video

I$!S RECRUITER NAHULI SA MANILA | DUTERTE LATEST NEWS – Manila Video.....»»

Source: Manilainformer ManilainformerCategory: 11 hr. 44 min. ago Related News

Roque attests to Bong Go s integrity

AMID the Senate investigation into the controversial P15.7-billion frigate deal, Malacañang on Monday, February 19, stood by Special Assistant to the President (SAP) Christopher “Bong” Go, saying that he will not do anything against the will of President Rodrigo Duterte. Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. attested to Go’s integrity. He said Go would not taint… link: Roque attests to Bong Go's integrity.....»»

Source: Manilainformer ManilainformerCategory: 11 hr. 44 min. ago Related News

Palace says Philippines not giving up too much, too soon to China

THE Philippines has not yielded “too much” to maintain harmonious relations with China, Malacañang said on Monday, February 19. Speaking to Palace reporters, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. said the Duterte government has not stopped asserting the Philippines’ territorial rights in the South China Sea, while keeping its “friendly and mutually-beneficial” ties with China. “The… link: Palace says Philippines 'not giving up too much, too soon' to China.....»»

Source: Manilainformer ManilainformerCategory: 11 hr. 44 min. ago Related News

Minimum P10-B net worth set for new telco player

MANILA, Philippines — The government released yesterday guidelines for the selection of a third telecommunications player, which President Duterte is pushing.....»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: Finance12 hr. 44 min. ago Related News

Duterte: Chinese bases on disputed sea were built as shield from possible US attack

By Arjay L. Balinbin BEIJING’S military bases in the disputed South China Sea were built to defend China against any attack by the United States, President Rodrigo R. Duterte said. “The Chinese bases are not intended for us. The contending ideological powers of the world or the geopolitics has greatly changed. [The bases] are really […] The post Duterte: Chinese bases on disputed sea were built as shield from possible US attack appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Source: Bworldonline BworldonlineCategory: News13 hr. 44 min. ago Related News