Advertisements


Deployment of Pinoy workers to Hong Kong continues

Despite the intensifying protest actions in Hong Kong, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) said yesterday deployment of Filipino workers to the special administrative region continues......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: News3 hr. 0 min. ago Related News

Filipinos in Hong Kong told to avoid these areas

Filipinos in Hong Kong told to avoid these areas.....»»

Source: Cnnphilippines CnnphilippinesCategory: News7 hr. 13 min. ago Related News

Hong Kong protesters kick off new weekend of rallies

HONG KONG, China (AFP) – Hong Kong democracy activists kicked off a weekend of fresh protests yesterday in a major test for the movement following criticism over an airport protest earlier this week – and as concerns mount over Beijing’s next move. Ten weeks of demonstrations have plunged the international finance hub into crisis, with […].....»»

Source: Tempo TempoCategory: News11 hr. 39 min. ago Related News

Hong Kong airport tightens security measures

The Hong Kong International Airport authorities have started the implementation of strict security measures that allow entry only to legitimate passengers upon presention of passports, airline tickets or boarding passes......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsAug 15th, 2019Related News

LIST: Reported protest areas in Hong Kong

Philippine Consulate General in Hong Kong on Wednesday issued an advisory enumerating the reported areas where Hong Kong protests would be held......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsAug 15th, 2019Related News

PBA Finals: Arwind fined P200k for racist gesture on Jones

Arwind Santos has finally apologized to Terrence Jones for the monkey gesture he did during Game 5 of the 2019 PBA Commissioner’s Cup Finals, but the San Miguel Beer forward has been dealt a heavy fine by the league. For his monkey gesture aimed towards Jones late in the first half of Game 5, Arwind has been fined a total of P200,000 by the PBA. Santos is also ordered to 100 hours of community service as well as undergo seminar and counseling. Unapologetic at first, Santos has backtracked and issued a video apology to Jones Thursday. “I don’t mean anything bad for you I hope you forgive me,” Santos said in in his message to Jones. “I wanna say sorry again,” he added. PBA Commissioner Willie Marcial was quick to address the issue, summoning Arwind Thursday and issueing the sanctions a couple of hours later. “Walang lugar ang racial discrimination sa basketball at sports in general at sa PBA in particular. Hindi pinahihintulutan ng liga yung mga ganung aksyon, at kung maulit pa, mas mabigat na sanction ang ipapataw natin,” said Marcial.   “Bilang Commissioner, humihingi ako ng pasensya at pang-unawa kay Mr. Terrence Jones at sa kanyang pamilya. Ang PBA at tahanan para sa lahat, bukas para sa lahat at walang kinikilalang kulay, lahi o paniniwala,” Commissioner Willie added. Arwind wasn’t suspended and should be available for the Beermen in Game 6 Friday. San Miguel leads the Commissioner’s Cup Finals over TNT, 3-2.   — Follow this writer on Twitter, @paullintag8.....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsAug 15th, 2019Related News

Go seeks answers to missing students mystery

Sen. Christopher “Bong” Go is seeking answers regarding the two “missing” students allegedly recruited by leftist groups, as the Senate committees on public order and dangerous drugs and on national defense and security jointly tackled the issue yesterday......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsAug 15th, 2019Related News

Palace: DepEd can handle error-filled textbooks issue

Malacañang has vouched for the integrity of Education Secretary Leonor Briones as her agency is facing controversy over the production of P254 million worth of error-filled textbooks......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsAug 15th, 2019Related News

PBA Finals: No apology from Arwind after monkey gesture aimed at Jones

For the most part, Game 5 of the 2019 PBA Commissioner’s Cup Finals between TNT and San Miguel Beer went normal. No shenanigans or anything like that. No more physical mind games. And then there’s Arwind. Santos was caught on camera doing a monkey gesture late in the first half after TNT’s Best Import Terrence Jones was called for a foul, resulting in a change in possession. Without a shadow of a doubt, that counts as racism especially on the part of Jones, who is African-American. Unfortunately and quite disappointingly, Arwind doesn’t see it that way. In fact, he’s unapologetic about it. “Sorry ako? Hindi. Depende yun sa kanya. Kung mapipikon siya, totoong monkey siya. Kung di ka mapipikon, di ka monkey. Kami nanga-asar lang. Kami nga magka-kapatid naga-asaran din kami. Di ko naman siya kaano-ano,” Santos said. “Gusto lang namin manalo. Kung mapikon siya, hindi ko na kasalanan yun,” Arwind added. Jones didn’t see the gesture and so it was a non-issue. However, fans have started to call out Arwind on social media, even San Miguel supporters. It’s 2019, those things have no place in this world, especially a Finals that has been beautifully-played by both teams. Looks like Arwind didn’t get the memo. “Dati naman di ba, pwede mo isigaw yan. Kami nung nasa Air 21 pa ako, time nila Dorian [Pena] tinatawag din namin na ganun, gorilla,” he said. “Pero wala yun pang-asar lang yun, sinusubukan mo lang mang-asar. Kasi magaling eh,” Santos added. After the gesture, Arwind did admit that he got a warning from PBA Commissioner Willie Marcial and from his own coaches, after all, he did the gesture while on the bench. “Sinabi ko nga di ba, mind games yun, Pero sinabihan naman ako kanina, kaya di ko na ginawa yun. Dati ginagawa ko yan, wala naman warning so okay lang. Kanina na-warning ako ni Commissioner tsaka ng mga coaches ko, kaya di ko na ginawa,” Santos said. “Basketball, mind games di ba? Malay mo makita niya at mapikon siya pag tinatawag siya na ganun. Eh pabor samin. Na-warning naman kami, sinabihan kami. Nakaka-intindi naman kami,” he added.   — Follow this writer on Twitter, @paullintag8.....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsAug 14th, 2019Related News

PBA: Terrence Jones pinpoints defense as main issue in TNT collapse

Talk N' Text was essentially 12 minutes away from holding a 3-2 lead in the 2019 PBA Commissioner's Cup Finals.  The KaTropa had a commanding 16-point advantage in the opening moments of fourth quarter and appeared primed to regain the advantage in the conference-ending series.  Instead, Talk N' Text saw that advantage disappear, allowing the San Miguel Beermen to steal Game 5, 99-94, and move one win away from yet another championship.  In the final stretch of the game, with the Beermen breathing down their necks, the KaTropa had a number of chances to create a bit of separation but just couldn't convert on their chances.  What's more is that they could not stop the SMB onslaught on the defensive end, which was the main concern for KaTropa import Terrence Jones.  "We just didn’t get stops when we needed to," Jones said following the loss. "We needed two more stops and we didn’t, so that’s what happens. We lost." Jones, the newly-crowned Best Import of the conference, was his usual dominant self, putting up 35 points, pulling down 17 rebounds, and dishing out eight assists.  In crunch time however, Jones was unable to finish on a couple of chances that could have swung the game in their favor.  "It was a well-fought game. They made their runs and we made ours, we just got to try to make sure we take care of business next game," he added.  When the question of fatigue was brought up, Jones maintained that it was simply all about getting the necessary stops to close out the game.  "I’m not a person that makes excuses, so, it just comes down to stops to win the game, and they scored and we didn’t." "We just didn’t score, man. I mean, I got to where I wanted to, where I’ve been shooting my lay-ups from, on the left side, most of the series, it just didn’t go in, and we didn’t get stops. Winning championships is about defense. We had the lead, and we gave it up by not getting stops. I think that’s what it boils down to, and we got to make sure we take care of that in the entire fourth quarter so it doesn’t come down to that," he continued. In the final period, Jones was held to just three points, and while he did credit the Beermen for their defense, it was the KaTropa's defense, or lack thereof, during the closing sequences that Jones feels needs to be addressed.  "Mainly, importantly to me is our defense. We were up with a double-digit lead in the fourth and gave that away, which even caused us to be in that situation, which is more of the bigger standpoint to me, and hopefully we can take care of that." Now down in a 3-2 hole, the KaTropa are in do-or-die mode from here on out, and the former Houston Rocket made it clear that he wasn't ready to go down.  "Exactly like you said, either win or be done, and I’m not ready to be done. I hope my teammates aren’t ready to be done, and we come in and we play with that attitude," Game 6 will be on Friday at the Araneta Coliseum. .....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsAug 14th, 2019Related News

'ChalkChallenge: Kathryn Bernardo & Alden Richards Answer These Burning 'What If' Questions

What if Kathryn and Alden moved to Hong Kong for good? Find out their answers here!.....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: LifestyleAug 14th, 2019Related News

Palace asks Filipinos to avoid flying to Hong Kong

alacanang advised on Tues........»»

Source: Manila_shimbun Manila_shimbunCategory: NewsAug 13th, 2019Related News

HK leader inokray sa presscon

Ginisa ng mga reporter si Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam sa ipinatawag nitong press conference kaugnay ng patuloy na kilos-protesta na ikinaparalisa ng international airport nitong Lunes......»»

Source: Abante AbanteCategory: NewsAug 13th, 2019Related News

[OPINION] Dateline Hong Kong: The crisis deepens

It is hot in Hong Kong now. Summer temperatures soar into the high 30s. The heat is oppressive and overwhelming. It is as if the entire territory is radiating the upheaval that is occurring within it.  In the past 3 months, Hong Kong has been experiencing large-scale and ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsAug 13th, 2019Related News

Hong Kong airport suspends all check-ins

HONG KONG (UPDATED) – Hong Kong airport authorities on Tuesday, August 13, suspended all check-ins, but reversed a previous statement saying that all departing flights had been canceled as pro-democracy protesters blocked the facility . "Terminal operations at Hong Kong International Airport have been seriously disrupted, and all check-in processes have now been suspended," ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsAug 13th, 2019Related News

Canceled Philippines-Hong Kong flights on August 13, 2019

Please refresh this page for updates. MANILA, Philippines – Operations at the Hong Kong International Airport were again disrupted on Tuesday evening, August 13, with authorities announcing that all check-ins have been suspended . Pro-democracy protesters are holding a demonstration at the airport for the second straight day, blocking passengers from reaching the departure area. Some ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsAug 13th, 2019Related News

Palace tells public: Avoid traveling to Hong Kong for now

"Avoid going there, for now, that’s the advice.".....»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsAug 13th, 2019Related News

Hong Kong pushed to brink of no return

Hong Kong pushed to brink of no return.....»»

Source: Pep PepCategory: GossipAug 13th, 2019Related News
Source: Manila_shimbun Manila_shimbunCategory: NewsAug 13th, 2019Related News

Canceled Philippines-Hong Kong flights on August 12, 2019

  Please refresh this page for updates. MANILA, Philippines – Authorities at the Hong Kong International Airport canceled all remaining flights due to arrive and depart on Monday, August 12, due to a massive protest there. Below are the affected flights to and from the Philippines. Philippine Airlines (PAL) Flag carrier PAL canceled the following ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsAug 12th, 2019Related News