Advertisements


Dingdong-Dennis starrer to be pitted vs Coco’s top-rated series

On Nov. 19, "Cain at Abel," GMA 7's new action-drama series, will be thrust into the same time slot as its rival network ABS-CBN's "Ang Probinsyano," which---in its more than three years on air---has adamantly refused to yield its seat.   And so, knowing full well that the program they're going up against continues to consistently post strong ratings, the lead stars of "Cain"---Dingdong Dantes and Dennis Trillo---are keeping their expectations fairly reasonable and downplayed the thought of competing with the Coco Martin-starrer.   "I guess we can all agree that Coco's show ('Ang Probinsyano') is in a league of its own," Dingdong admitted to reporters at a recen...Keep on reading: Dingdong-Dennis starrer to be pitted vs Coco’s top-rated series.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: 9 hr. 32 min. ago Related News

NTC selection panel rejects 3rd telco bidding protests

The group led by Davao-based businessman Dennis Uy and China Telecommunications has come closer to becoming the country’s third telco player after the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) selection committee denied the appeals for reconsideration of two losing bidders......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsNov 14th, 2018Related News

Third telco bidding aftermath: Your questions answered

The government's third telco initiative, supposedly on the road to finalization with the selection of a provisional winner last Nov. 7, is heating up.   Two disqualified bidders, Philippine Telegraph & Telephone Corp. (PT&T) and the Sear Consortium backed by Ilocos politician Luis "Chavit" Singson's LCS Group, have filed separate appeals that could threaten the tandem of businessman Dennis A. Uy's Udenna Corp. and China Telecom, collectively known as Mislatel Consortium, which was awarded provisional third telco status last Wednesday.   Mislatel Consortium was given provisional status because it emerged as the sole qualified bidder in the third telco rac...Keep on reading: Third telco bidding aftermath: Your questions answered.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Nov 12th, 2018Related News

Special Report: After disrupting oil industry, Dennis Uy now wants to disrupt telco

Sometime this year, a convoy of sleek and shiny dark vehicles entered the gates of Malacañang......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: FinanceNov 11th, 2018Related News

PhilHealth exec says CSC has voided his suspension order

  A regional executive of the Philippine Health (PhilHealth) clarified on Sunday that a 90-day preventive suspension against him had already been voided by the Civil Service Commission (CSC). Dennis Adre, PhilHealth regional vice president in Davao City, said this in reaction to a recent report saying that he had been suspended after being accused of "grave misconduct, gross insubordination and gross neglect of duty." READ:PhilHealth suspends senior exec for 'grave misconduct, negligence' Adre denied the report in a statement. Citing the CSC decision dated Oct. 2, 2018, the statement said : "PhilHealth failed to comply with the second requirement for a preventive suspensi...Keep on reading: PhilHealth exec says CSC has voided his suspension order.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Nov 11th, 2018Related News

Rookie Doncic, veteran Barea lead Mavs past Thunder 111-96

DALLAS (AP) — Rookie Luka Doncic scored 22 points and veteran J.J. Barea added 21 off the bench, including 16 in a first-half surge, as the Dallas Mavericks defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder 111-96 Saturday night (Sunday, PHL time). The Mavericks won for the second time in nine games and snapped the Thunder's seven-game winning streak after they had lost their first four games of the season. Harrison Barnes and Dorian Finney-Smith scored 11 points each and Dennis Smith Jr. had 10 for Dallas. Paul George and Steven Adams had double-doubles for Oklahoma City, each finishing with 20 points and 13 rebounds. Dennis Schroder added 19 points and Jerami Grant had 13. Oklahoma City raced to an early 18-12 lead, but Barea scored 11 points in a foul-filled first quarter, including two free throws for a 23-22 lead at the end of the quarter. Barea accounted for 16 of the Mavericks' 20 points for a 32-24 lead before returning to the bench. Dallas stayed hot, building its lead to 24 points, 57-33, before the Thunder scored the last 12 points of the first half. The 34-year-old Barea was the second-oldest Maverick active for the game. He led the way as the Dallas bench outscored Oklahoma City's 22-5. The Mavericks' youngest player, 19-year-old Doncic, scored nine of his points in the third quarter. The Thunder made only 39 percent of their field goal attempts (38-for-97). In the first quarter, George and Schroder scored eight apiece for the Thunder, who committed eight of the 15 fouls in the quarter. Dallas outscored Oklahoma City 34-11 in the first 10 minutes of the second quarter. Barea scored his game-high 16 first-half points in 10 minutes. George and Schroder each had 11 at halftime. TIP-INS Thunder: Russell Westbrook missed his third game because of a sprained left ankle. . The bench scored only two points in the first half on 1-for-13 shooting. . Raymond Felton, Oklahoma City's oldest player, was born the same day as Dallas' J.J. Barea - June 26, 1984. Mavericks: Allowed a season-low 96 points -- 13 less than their previous low, 109 by Chicago on Oct. 22 . Led by J.J. Barea's 16, the bench provided 30 of Dallas' 57 first-half points. . Held the Thunder to 45 points in the first half, the fewest this season for a Dallas opponent. . The Mavericks shot 13-for-18 (72 percent) from the field in the second quarter, including 6-of-8 (75) from three-point range. UP NEXT Thunder: Play the first of two home games against Phoenix on Monday (Tuesday, PHL time). Mavericks: Take a quick trip to play Chicago on Monday (Tuesday, PHL time)......»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsNov 11th, 2018Related News

Duterte has no hand in 3rd telco selection – Singson

Councilor Luis "Chavit" Singson of Narvacan, Ilocos Sur, denied on Saturday that President Rodrigo Duterte had a hand in the selection the country's third major telecommunications player and that he supported the selection of a firm involving Davao City-based businessman Dennis Uy. "Sinasabi ko po palagi nilang ginagamit yung pangalan ng Presidente. Di makikielam si Presidente dito," Singson said in an interview with AM radio station DZMM. [I'm saying that they're always using the President's name. The President will not meddle in this.] Last Wednesday, the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) selected Mislatel as the third telco player which would go against rivals ...Keep on reading: Duterte has no hand in 3rd telco selection – Singson.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Nov 10th, 2018Related News

IN CHARTS: Telco promises of Chavit Singson vs Dennis Uy-China Telecom

MANILA, Philippines – Impressed by or skeptical of the provisional 3rd telecommunications player's promises? Well, Chavit Singson 's disqualified consortium is fighting to give Filipinos the moon and stars. Services would be super cheap , if their plans become reality. ( Rappler Talk: Chavit Singson's bid for the 3rd telco slot ) Mislatel , the consortium of Dennis Uy's Udenna ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsNov 9th, 2018Related News

Sear group: Revoke China Telecom-Udenna’s interim 3rd telco status

The disqualified bidder backed by Ilocos politician Luis "Chavit" Singson has asked the selection committee to revoke the provisional third telco status of the venture between Dennis Uy's Udenna Corp. and China Telecom, and potentially declare a bidding failure. This emerged as Singson's LCS Group together with TierOne --- collectively known as the Sear Telecommunications Consortium --- filed its appeal before the National Telecommunications Commission(NTC) on Friday. In its appeal, it assailed Udenna-China Telecom's telco franchise holder, Mindanao Islamic Telephone Co. [Mislatel], for breach of contract and submitting "sham" documents to the NTC. "Sears Telecoms Consortium is thus...Keep on reading: Sear group: Revoke China Telecom-Udenna’s interim 3rd telco status.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Nov 9th, 2018Related News

Thunder top Rockets without Westbrook for 7th straight win

By Cliff Brunt, Associated Press OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Paul George scored 20 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Houston Rockets 98-80 on Thursday night (Friday, PHL time) without point guard Russell Westbrook for their seventh straight victory. Westbrook missed his second consecutive game with a sprained left ankle. George also had 11 rebounds, six assists and six steals. The Thunder were 0-4 before the streak. Steven Adams had 19 points and 10 rebounds, and Terrance Ferguson and Dennis Schroder each added 14 points for Oklahoma City. All five Thunder starters scored in double figures before the end of the third quarter. James Harden scored 19 points, but made just 7-of-19 shots for the Rockets. Clint Capela added 17 points for Houston, which had won three in a row. Houston's Carmelo Anthony, who played for the Thunder last season and was traded this summer, scored two points on 1-for-11 shooting. Chris Paul added 10 points. The Thunder led 59-45 at halftime behind 53.8 percent shooting. In the second quarter, George made all five of his shots and scored 14 points. Oklahoma City held Paul and Anthony scoreless before the break. Grant dunked on a lob from Schroder and made the free throw on the foul to put the Thunder up 80-60, a score that held up until the end of the third quarter. TIP-INS Rockets: G Eric Gordon missed his third straight game with a strained muscle in his right thigh. ... Anthony was mostly cheered when he checked into the game for the first time in the first quarter. ... Reserves made 1-of-11 shots in the first half. ... Paul was called for a technical foul in the fourth quarter. Thunder: Ferguson, a 6'7" guard, came out of nowhere to stuff seven-footer Isaiah Hartenstein in the first quarter. ... Made 27-of-44 shots inside the three-point line but 9-of-37 beyond the arc. UP NEXT Rockets: At San Antonio on Saturday night (Sunday, PHL time). Thunder: At Dallas on Saturday night (Sunday, PHL time)......»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsNov 9th, 2018Related News

Manny Pangilinan downplays Dennis Uy s 3rd telco

MANILA, Philippines – PLDT president and chief executive officer Manny Pangilinan doubts that the upcoming entry of the 3rd telecommunications player will disrupt the market anytime soon. "In respect to the first year, I think the impact would not be significant...impact on the market [and] on the ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsNov 8th, 2018Related News

Thunder dump Cavs for 6th win in row

Dennis Schroder scored a season-high 28 points as the Oklahoma City Thunder picked up their sixth consecutive win, a 95-86 decision over the host Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday night. Oklahoma City was playing without point guard Russell Westbrook, who turned his left ankle Monday in a win over the New Orleans Pelicans. Missing their playmaker, […] The post Thunder dump Cavs for 6th win in row appeared first on Interaksyon......»»

Source: Interaksyon InteraksyonCategory: TopNov 8th, 2018Related News

Who’s really behind Mislatel Consortium, the Philippines third telco firm?

Mislatel Consortium being granted a license as the Philippines’ third telecommunications company is being criticized online because it is comprised of businesses that are allied with the President Rodrigo Duterte. Mislatel is a consortium of Davao tycoon Dennis Uy’s companies (Udenna Corporation and  Chelsea Logistics Holdings Corporation), local firm Mindanao Islamic Telephone Corporation and China’s […] The post Who’s really behind Mislatel Consortium, the Philippines third telco firm? appeared first on Interaksyon......»»

Source: Interaksyon InteraksyonCategory: TopNov 8th, 2018Related News

Palace: Duterte, Uy closeness had nothing to do with third telco bid

The assumption that Davao businessman Dennis Uy's relationship with President Rodrigo Duterte affected the process of the bidding for the country's third major telco player is baseless, Malacañang said Thursday......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsNov 8th, 2018Related News

Man hangs self

A 22-YEAR-OLD man died in an apparent suicide case inside his boarding house in City Proper district, Iloilo City late evening of Nov. 6, 2018. Police identified the fatality as Dennis Lequip, a resident of Barangay San Gregorio, Lambunao, Iloilo, but was temporary staying at Flamingo Boarding House in Barangay Inday, City Proper. Before his […] The post Man hangs self appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Source: Thedailyguardian ThedailyguardianCategory: NewsNov 8th, 2018Related News

Doncic, Smith niratsada ang Mavs

PASIKLAB ang young backcourt nina Luka Doncic at Dennis Smith nang bitbitin ang Dallas sa 119-100 win kontra Washington Wizards Martes ng gabi. Umiskor ng 23 si rookie Luka Doncic, tatlong key plays ang kinumpleto ni sophomore Smith para itulak ang Mavs sa 16th win sa huling 17 meetings kontra Wizards. Umagwat ng 24 ang Dallas sa first half pero nakabalik ang Washing­ton para dumikit ng anim sa… link: Doncic, Smith niratsada ang Mavs.....»»

Source: Manilainformer ManilainformerCategory: Nov 8th, 2018Related News

Duterte pal is 3rd telco player

The group of businessman Dennis Uy's Udenna Corp. and state-run China Telecom was named the provisional third telco in the country yesterday. The bidding deadline yesterday, which came a full year since the Duterte administration launched its third telco initiative to end the duopoly of PLDT Inc. and Globe Telecom, unfolded in dramatic fashion as South Korea's KT Corp. backed out and a disqualified group threatened legal action. At the Philippine Stock Exchange, Uy-controlled companies associated with the third telco bid rallied while rivals saw double-digit losses. Three groups submitted offers by the 10:00 a.m. deadline. These were Udenna-China Telecom, LCS Group TierOne Conso...Keep on reading: Duterte pal is 3rd telco player.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Nov 7th, 2018Related News

Dennis Uy-China Telecom consortium provisionally named 3rd telco

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – The consortium of Dennis Uy's Udenna Corporation and China Telecommunications Corporation (China Telecom) provisionally won the bidding for the Philippines' 3rd major telecommunications player slot on Wednesday, November 7. Their group, called Mislatel Consortium , also includes Udenna subsidiary Chelsea Logistics Holdings Corporation and ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsNov 7th, 2018Related News

Dennis Uy-China Telco consortium provisionally named 3rd telco | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: The consortium of Dennis Uy's Udenna Corporation and China Telecommunications Corporation (China Telecom) provisionally won the bidding for the Philippines' 3rd major telecommunications player slot. Democrats seize control of the House of Representatives on Tuesday, November 6, in a midterm setback for President Donald Trump. 29-year-old Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes history ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsNov 7th, 2018Related News

China firm, Dennis Uy group win 3rd telco license

A consortium of a Davao-based businessman and known supporter of President Duterte and a state-owned telecommunications provider from China has emerged as possible challenger to telecommunications giants PLDT and Globe......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsNov 7th, 2018Related News