Advertisements


Senators question use of PCOO caravan in Europe to explain Maria Ressa arrest

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Why use a government information drive to defend the government's stance on Rappler CEO Maria Ressa's arrest? Two lawmakers questioned the Press Freedom Caravan of the Presidential Communication Operations Office (PCOO) in Europe, which Presidential Communications Secretary Martin Andanar had said would be used to explain Ressa's ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: News17 hr. 20 min. ago Related News

Ex-MMDA boss blasts Abaya for MRT woes, backs return of Marcos ill-gotten wealth, rejects medical marijuana

FORMER Metropolitan Manila Development Authority chief Francis Tolentino blamed the Aquino administration’s Department of Transportation and Communication (DOTC) for the problems plaguing surrounding the Metro Rail Transit (MRT). During the…READ The post Ex-MMDA boss blasts Abaya for MRT woes, backs return of Marcos ill-gotten wealth, rejects medical marijuana appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Source: Manilatimes_net Manilatimes_netCategory: NewsFeb 18th, 2019Related News

PUP students oriented on energy accounting

The Department of Energy (DoE) has conducted an information, education and communication (IEC) campaign on energy accounting at the San Juan campus of the Polytechnic University of the Philippines. DoE Secretary Alfonso G. Cusi said the campaign affirms the government’s sincerity in providing transparent and reliable energy data and statistics, while educating the public on […].....»»

Source: Tribune TribuneCategory: NewsFeb 15th, 2019Related News

Youth groups call out orchestrated attack against Rappler, media

MANILA, Philippines – Youth groups and students staged protests in various parts of the country on Thursday, February 14, after the arrest of Rappler CEO Maria Ressa, which they saw as part of an "orchestrated attack" against the media. On Thursday, the University of the Philippines-College of Communication (UP-CMC) held protest actions ........»»

Source: Rappler RapplerCategory: NewsFeb 15th, 2019Related News

Youth and students slam systematic attacks on media

MANILA — On Feb. 14, youth and students together with media practitioners trooped to the College of Mass Communication in University of the Philippines in Diliman denouncing the recent attack against press freedom. This is after the arrest of Rappler chief executive officer, Maria Ressa on Wednesday, Feb, 13. She was arrested by members of… The post Youth and students slam systematic attacks on media appeared first on Bulatlat......»»

Source: Bulatlat BulatlatCategory: NewsFeb 14th, 2019Related News

UAAP Season 81: Hindi ako ang magdadala. Kami. -- Arado

Much has been said and written about University of the East libero Kath Arado’s skills and abilities inside the volleyball court. It’s no wonder that coming into the UAAP Season 81 women’s volleyball tournament, fans and pundits alike are quick to conclude that Arado will be the one to carry the long struggling Lady Warriors on her shoulders in her swan song. But the graduating star from Iligan would beg to disagree.    “Kasi siyempre sasabihin ng ibang tao na last year ko na, ako ang magdadala, which is wrong,” she said. “Kasi siyempre nakikita ko kung paano na-develop ang personality ng bawat isa sa amin. Hindi lang ako ang nagdadala, kaming lahat.” Arado last year won the Best Receiver and Best Digger awards and averaged 6.72 digs per set with an impressive 53.07% reception efficiency.   During the pre-season Arado won the Best Libero honors both in the Philippine Superliga Collegiate Grand Slam and in the PSL All-Filipino Conference while playing for Generika Ayala. UE also captured a third place finish in the PSL CGS, an achievement that the Lady Warriors consider as fuel in their desire to prove their doubters wrong come UAAP. Arado said that the team’s vast improvement in communication and maturity could be the key in achieving their goal this season – a modest target of winning as many games as they can and erase the stigma of being bottom dwellers.    “Ang masasabi ko na most improved sa amin ay ‘yung communication talaga lalo na ang maturity sa loob ng court. Kasi based sa pre-season namin lalo na this year, masasabi ko na hindi man ganoon ang expectations ng tao sa amin or expectations ng management pero nakikita ko kasi lagi kaming magkakasama, nakikita ko kung paano nag-develop ang maturity ng bawat isa,” said Arado. “Hindi lang ako, hindi lang ng mga senior pati ‘yung mga nakasunod sa amin. Sina Me-Anne (Mendrez), sina Seth (Roriguez), ‘yung mga bata, kasi siyempre given na kaming mga seniors kasi kailangan naming maging matured na eh.” “Pero 'yung mga bata nakikita ko sila kung paano mag-isip, paano sosolusytunan ang preblema sa team,” she added. “Hindi lang ang mga seniors ang gumagalaw eh pati na rin sila so nakakatuwa na ang maturity nandoon na talaga.” UE finished Season 80 at the cellar with a 2-12 win-loss record and were plagued by internal problems including the departure of head coach Francis Vicente five games into the season. The Lady Warriors now have a new mentor in former University of Sto. Tomas setter Karl Dimaculangan, who replaced interim coach Rod Roque, and his approach in his first stint as head coach is to utilize every available player in his rotation.     “Ngayong papasok ang season unti-unting binabago ng mga coaches yung ganoon (na umasa lang sa ilan). Kasi siyempre ayaw ng coach na naka-depend ka sa isang tao, dalawang tao, tatlo, gusto niya lahat work as a team kasi team sport ito hindi naman individual. Hindi naman ito pang pair, hindi naman ito tatluhan, so lahat,” Arado said. “Lagi nga niyang sinasabi na kahit yung nasa second stringers magagamit at magagamit yan kasi may mga time naman na hindi kaming first six na perfect. May mga times talaga na kahit anong piga sa amin wala talaga kaming game eh. So nandoon ang second stringers na gampanan ang role ng isa na wala sa focus, wala sa ayos ang pag-iisip.” “So hindi pwedeng sabihin lalo na sa volleyball, hindi pwedeng sabihin na isang tao lang ang gumagawa,” she added. “Kasi hindi ko naman magagampanan ang role ko as libero kung wala ang tulong ng blockers, ng setter, ng mga spikers. Lalo na ang guidance ng mga coaches, hindi ko magagawa 'yung responsibility ko as a libero kung wala sila.”   --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @fromtheriles.....»»

Source: Abscbn AbscbnCategory: SportsFeb 8th, 2019Related News

DICT to pursue common tower policy even without 3rd telco

THE Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) said Saturday it is pushing through with the implementation of its common tower policy even without the entry of a new major telco player. DICT Acting Secretary Eliseo Rio Jr. said this will allow cell tower firms to build and deploy communication infrastructures that may be leased […] The post DICT to pursue common tower policy even without 3rd telco appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Source: Thedailyguardian ThedailyguardianCategory: NewsFeb 4th, 2019Related News

Cebu, Bohol Troops Get ‘Gadgets for Peace’ From OPAV

To boost the security and peace in Cebu and Bohol, the 302nd Infantry Brigade (302IB) and the Task Group Cebu on Monday received communication gadgets from the Office of the Presidential Assistant for the Visayas (OPAV). “These communication gadgets we handed over today (Tuesday) is meant to bolster the capability of our uniformed men and […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsJan 29th, 2019Related News

Drilon hits NTC for hasty choice of Mislatel as 3rd telco

MANILA, Philippines --- Senate Minority Leader Franklin Drilon criticized the National Telecommunication Commission (NTC) for its apparent failure to exercise due diligence in choosing the Philippines's third telecommunications player. The senator questioned why NTC decided to pick Mindanao Islamic Telephone Co. (Mislatel) considering that its franchise would expire in 2023 and yet the deliverables of the third telco would extend beyond that year. "I think the entire country, including the Senate, really sees the need for a third telco player, because our internet and communication services are probably one of the poorest in the world," Drilon said in an interview with ABS-CBN ...Keep on reading: Drilon hits NTC for hasty choice of Mislatel as 3rd telco.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Jan 29th, 2019Related News

PAL plane obstructs NAIA runway, interrupting operations

MANILA, Philippines --- A Philippine Airlines (PAL) plane obstructed a runway at the Ninoy Aquino International Aiport (NAIA) on Tuesday evening, momentarily interrupting operations. According to Michelle Arcega, NAIA public relations assistant, the obstruction caused the temporary closure of runway 13-31 at 6:40 p.m. Meanwhile, Cielo Villaluna, PAL corporate communication manager, told INQUIRER.net in a text message that the flight PR353, which is a Macau-to-Manila flight, touched down at 6:38 p.m. at the NAIA runway. But, as it was traversing a rapid exit taxiway, one of the tires of the plane "entered a pothole." Arcega said the following flights were interrupted by the ru...Keep on reading: PAL plane obstructs NAIA runway, interrupting operations.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Jan 29th, 2019Related News

‘Hybrid skills’ needed for emerging jobs — LinkedIn

ONLINE professional work networking site LinkedIn said emerging occupations in the Philippines point to the growing need for workers to have “hybrid skills” in technology, management and communication......»»

Source: Bworldonline BworldonlineCategory: FinanceJan 28th, 2019Related News

Phone signal shutdown during Dinagyang 2019

By: Emme Rose Santiagudo AS PART of security protocols, all phone signal services during the two-day highlights of the Dinagyang Festival will be jammed. Senior Superintendent Martin Defensor Jr., Iloilo City Police Office (ICPO) director, confirmed on Wednesday that the National Telecommunications Communication (NITC) already approved their request for the jamming of mobile phone signals. “NTC […] The post Phone signal shutdown during Dinagyang 2019 appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Source: Thedailyguardian ThedailyguardianCategory: NewsJan 24th, 2019Related News

U.S. Navy unit joins Typhoon Yutu recovery efforts in CNMI

TINIAN, CNMI -- Builder 1st Class Erlgen Aquino from San Francisco (above), assigned to Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 3, Det. Tinian, speaks with Josephine L. Tanguilan, local homeowner, while reconstructing an emergency temporary roof for her home. Service members from Joint Region Marianas and U.S. Indo-Pacific Command are providing Department of Defense support to the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands' civil and local officials as part of the Federal Emergency Management Agency-supported Super Typhoon Yutu recovery efforts. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Kelsey J. Hockenberger)...Keep on reading: U.S. Navy unit joins Typhoon Yutu recovery efforts in CNMI.....»»

Source: Inquirer InquirerCategory: Jan 14th, 2019Related News

Statement of DICT CyberSecurity Bureau on the DFA passport incident | Philippine Information Agency

Statement of DICT CyberSecurity Bureau on the DFA passport incident Philippine Information Agency QUEZON CITY, Jan. 14 The Department of Information Technology and Communication (DICT) has acknowled.....»»

Source: Manilanews ManilanewsCategory: NewsJan 14th, 2019Related News

Duterte’s problem of communication

It is pretty obvious that President Duterte is handicapped by his inability to communicate effectively to the public, a problem that impacts negatively on many aspects of his administration......»»

Source: Philstar PhilstarCategory: NewsJan 12th, 2019Related News

Comment on DICT drafting policy on frequency reallocation by Rising Voices » Deploying community cellular networks in rural barangays in the Philippines

[…] yet to formulate a new policy on “refarming” and redistributing the spectrum that will foster better delivery of communication services in the country or on the creation of a universal service […].....»»

Source: Bworldonline BworldonlineCategory: FinanceJan 11th, 2019Related News

Mislatel Targets 10k Cell Sites Within 7 Years

Mislatel Consortium, winning bidder for the country’s third telco slot, is eyeing to install some 10,000 cell sites within the country in the next seven years. This, as the company said it will establish partnerships with various stakeholders in the telco industry to provide consumers better quality of communication services. “We already have quite a […].....»»

Source: Metrocebu MetrocebuCategory: NewsJan 10th, 2019Related News

NUJP hits Red link, Joma ‘supervision’ – manilastandard.net

NUJP hits Red link, Joma ‘supervision’  manilastandard.net A former member and organizer of the National Union of Journalists of the Philippines on Monday asserted his knowledge of the “direct communication and … Source link link: NUJP hits Red link, Joma ‘supervision’ – manilastandard.net.....»»

Source: Manilainformer ManilainformerCategory: Jan 7th, 2019Related News

Solon optimistic Marawi can be transport, communication hub

MISAMIS ORIENTAL, Dec. 14 (PIA) -- Key to Marawi City's recovery is for it to have a solid transportation and communication infrastructure keeping the city linked to its northern Mindanao neighbors.....»»

Source: Philippinetimes PhilippinetimesCategory: NewsJan 7th, 2019Related News

Solon optimistic Marawi can be transport, communication hub

MISAMIS ORIENTAL, Dec. 14 (PIA) -- Key to Marawi City's recovery is for it to have a solid transportation and communication infrastructure keeping the city linked to its northern Mindanao neighbors.....»»

Source: Manilanews ManilanewsCategory: NewsJan 7th, 2019Related News