Advertisements


Will case vs Sen. De Lima crumble too after DoJ ruling on Peter Lim?

Crame files I’M posing this question in the aftermath of the ‘secret decision’ made by a panel of prosecutors from the Department of Justice to dismiss the charges filed by the PNP Criminal Investigation and Detection Group against suspected Filipino-Chinese drug lord Peter Lim and 21 others last December 20.….....»»

Category: newsSource: journal journalMar 14th, 2018

De Lima to CA: Stop convicts from testifying against me in drug case

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED – Reverse a ruling that denied her plea to disqualify 13 convict-witnesses from testifying against her in connection with illegal drug trading charges filed by the justice department. This was what detained Senator Leila de Lima asked the Court of Appeals (CA) last week. De Lima asserted in ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 26th, 2018

SC dismisses Peter Lim’s plea to stop drug case probe

THE SUPREME COURT has dismissed the petition filed by lawyers of Cebu businessman and suspected drug lord Peter G. Lim […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsSep 29th, 2018

SC Dismisses Peter Lim’s Plea to Stop Probe on Drug Case

The Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday dismissed the petition filed by fugitive suspected drug lord Peter G. Lim last June in connection with his indictment on drug charges. In a minute resolution, the High Court’s Third Division, through Deputy Division clerk of court Misael Domingo C. Battung III, said the SC “resolves to dismiss the […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsSep 27th, 2018

Peter is out. Kerwin is out. How about me? De Lima asks court

    Detained Senator Leila de Lima has taken steps to turn the tables against the Department of Justice (DOJ) by using its arguments to dismiss the drug cases against Peter Lim and Kerwin Espinosa to reverse her indictment.   De Lima's camp on Friday said an Omnibus Motion was filed before the Muntinlupa Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branches 205 and 206 to challenge the new charges provided in the new case information (charge sheet) filed by the DOJ.   The DOJ initially indicted De Lima for illegal drug trading, or violation of Section 26(b) of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.   In the amended charge sh...Keep on reading: Peter is out. Kerwin is out. How about me? De Lima asks court.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 16th, 2018

How will DOJ now handle De Lima case? Ex-SolGen asks

The dismissal of the criminal case against high-profile drug kingpin Peter Lim and other alleged narcotics bosses has put the Department of Justice (DOJ) in a bind in a similar complaint involving detained Sen. Leila de Lima, former Solicitor General Florin Hilbay said on Tuesday. Hilbay, one of the lawyers for De Lima, lamented how the DOJ treated the two complaints differently although they both involved alleged violations of Republic Act No. 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. In July 2016, President Duterte tagged Lim, who turned out to be his wedding compadre (cosponsor), as the biggest drug lord in the country. "The DOJ applied the basic rules to co...Keep on reading: How will DOJ now handle De Lima case? Ex-SolGen asks.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 14th, 2018

Peter Lim ecstatic over dismissal of drug case

CEBU CITY --- Cebuano businessman Peter Lim has expressed elation over the dismissal of the drug trafficking charges filed against him. In a statement issued on Monday, Lim welcomed the ruling of the Task Force on Illegal Drugs of the Department of Justice (DOJ). "Mr. Peter Lim thanks the DOJ for rendering a just resolution because after all, the pronouncement of Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II which found headline in Cebu Daily News on Oct 1, 2016, is correct," said Lim's spokesperson Jun Fuentes. Aguirre earlier revealed that the Peter "Jaguar" Lim, who is listed as one of the top drug lords in the country, was actually slain drug lord Jeffrey "Jaguar" Diaz, not the...Keep on reading: Peter Lim ecstatic over dismissal of drug case.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 12th, 2018

De Lima asks court to recall 3rd arrest order, defer arraignment pending SC final ruling on her case

Sen. Leila de Lima has asked the court to recall the third warrant of arrest it issued against her, saying the illegal illegal drug trading charges filed against her by the Duterte administration were all "glaringly trumped-up.".....»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsDec 1st, 2017

Te questions why Sandiganbayan did not accept AMLC report on Revilla plunder case

Former Supreme Court spokesperson and law professor Theodore Te questioned parts of the Sandiganbayan’s ruling on the acquittal of former Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. over the pork barrel scam......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated News3 hr. 23 min. ago

Courts asked to issue HDO vs. Trillanes – Manila Bulletin

Manila Bulletin Courts asked to issue HDO vs. TrillanesManila BulletinAlameda is handling the rebellion case against Trillanes concerning his involvement in the 2007 Manila Peninsula siege. Because of this, the DOJ has filed a motion for reconsideration asking the court to reverse its ruling. Apart from this, Judge … and more » Source link link: Courts asked to issue HDO vs. Trillanes – Manila Bulletin.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsDec 6th, 2018

Lani Mercado ‘hoping for the best’ in upcoming ruling on husband’s plunder case

Bacoor City Mayor Lani Mercado-Revilla is "hoping for the best" that the court would release a favorable ruling for her husband former Senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla. Mercado-Revilla said on Monday that the Sandiganbayan 1st Division is set to release its decision on the plunder case of her husband on Friday. Revilla is currently detained at the Philippine National Police custodial center over the pork barrel scam. "Sa darating pong Biyernes, malalaman na po namin ang hatol ng kanyang kaso sa Sandiganbayan 1st Division," she said during the alliance agreement between Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte's Hugpong ng Pagbabago (HNP) and Manila Mayor Joseph "Erap" Estrada's Pwersa ng Masan...Keep on reading: Lani Mercado ‘hoping for the best’ in upcoming ruling on husband’s plunder case.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 3rd, 2018

AS THE BAMBOOS SWAY | Ang Probinsiyano and Philippines Superstructure

Nonetheless, to reiterate, the superstructure to control the minds of the people so the ruling class could maintain the status quo do exist. The aspects of it are manifested in their covering up the maladies of society through entertainment, as in the case of the Ang Probinsiyano that has now gone south against the status quo and must now be restrained......»»

Category: newsSource:  nordisRelated NewsNov 27th, 2018

Q and A: Judge in PH-China case on why ruling is not useless

MANILA, Philippines – While there is no international police to enforce the ruling, the Philippines' legal victory against China over the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) can pressure China to behave for the sake of its economic and security interests. Judge Stanislaw Pawlak, one of the 5 judges in ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 27th, 2018

Palace bids to reverse ruling on Trillanes case

Palace bids to reverse ruling on Trillanes case.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 26th, 2018

De Lima asks Court of Appeals to bar convicts from testifying against her

Detained Sen. Leila De Lima has taken her legal battle to exclude convicts from the list of witnesses in her drug case to the Court of Appeals......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 26th, 2018

It’s a stalemate for DOJ, Trillanes at Makati court

  The Department of Justice (DOJ) and the camp of Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV have reached a stalemate after a Makati court denied their appeals on last month's ruling on the long-dismissed coup d'etat case against the lawmaker.   Judge Andres Soriano, of Makati Regional Trial Court Branch 148, denied the motions for partial reconsideration filed by the DOJ and Trillanes' lawyer, affirming the victories that each camp won in his Oct. 22 ruling.   "The court has thoroughly reviewed all the evidence and pleadings presented and submitted by the parties, and it finds no reason to reverse or modify its findings, both factual and legal," wrote Soriano in his one...Keep on reading: It’s a stalemate for DOJ, Trillanes at Makati court.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 24th, 2018

Makati court junks DOJ, Trillanes motions

Neither the Department of Justice (DOJ) nor opposition Senator Antonio Trillanes IV got a nod from a Makati trial court on their respective motions for reconsideration on the court’s earlier ruling on the senator’s coup d’etat case......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 24th, 2018

SC orders Justice press corps to propose guidelines on De Lima trial coverage

The Supreme Court has ordered two media groups covering the Philippine justice beat to submit guidelines for media coverage of Sen. Leila de Lima’s drug case......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 23rd, 2018

Panelo on PH arbitration case vs China: Who will enforce it? 

  For now, the ruling of the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague that validated the Philippines' claims on the disputed territories in the West Philippine Sea is "useless as there is no country or body on earth that can enforce" it against China. READ: Philippines wins arbitration case vs. China over South China Sea Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said this on Tuesday in response to a survey showing opposition of Filipinos on the government's inaction on China's intrusion in the disputed areas, which coincides with the two-day state visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping in the country. "The Arbitral ruling cannot be taken away from us. It will be th...Keep on reading: Panelo on PH arbitration case vs China: Who will enforce it? .....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 20th, 2018

Maguindanao massacre decision out soon

After nine years of waiting, relatives of the 58 people --- 32 of them journalists -- who met a gruesome death in Maguindanao on Nov. 23, 2009, will soon hear the verdict on those accused of perpetrating the massacre. "Per information from our prosecution panel, the case against [Datu Andal] Unsay [Ampatuan Jr.] is now submitted for decision upon ruling of the court on his formal offer of exhibits," Acting Prosecutor General Richard Anthony Fadullon told reporters Monday. Last Nov. 5, Ampatuan Jr. submitted his formal offer of evidence to wrap up the trial that started in January 2010. Fadullon, chief of the DOJ's prosecutorial arm, said RTC Judge Jocelyn Solis-Reyes was exp...Keep on reading: Maguindanao massacre decision out soon.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 19th, 2018

Bail denied anew for 2 ex-Immigration execs, gaming operator in P50-M plunder rap

THE Sandiganbayan Sixth Division affirmed its ruling denying bail for two former Immigration officials and their alleged bagman in their P50 million plunder case based on the “weight of evidence”...READ MORE The post Bail denied anew for 2 ex-Immigration execs, gaming operator in P50-M plunder rap appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsNov 13th, 2018