Advertisements


Seven theft, robbery cases since Boracay reopening

THE Police Regional Office 6 (PRO-6) said it has intensified intelligence operations amid robbery and theft cases in Boracay Island. In a statement, Chief Superintendent John Bulalacao, Western Visayas police chief, confirmed that they have recorded theft incidents since Boracay reopened on Oct. 26, 2018. On the first day of the reopening, an Italian national […] The post Seven theft, robbery cases since Boracay reopening appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource: thedailyguardian thedailyguardianNov 8th, 2018

Cops allay worries on thefts, robbery in Boracay

POLICE recorded 12 theft incidents and a lone robbery case as of Nov 18, 2018 since Boracay Island in Aklan reopened on Oct 26. The figures indicated a 140-percent increase in theft cases compared to 2017 and 100 percent for robbery. But the Metro Boracay Police Task Force (MBPTF) said there’s nothing to worry about […] The post Cops allay worries on thefts, robbery in Boracay appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsNov 20th, 2018

Solar lights up in Boracay soon

With incidents of crime reported on the island’s reopening, Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Secretary Roy Cimatu on Friday said solar lamps will soon be installed along Boracay island’s beachfront to make the area safer. This after at least two cases of theft were reported since the island’s reopening last week involving two […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsNov 3rd, 2018

PNP: Number of theft, robbery cases drop in N. Vizcaya

Police Senior Supt. Jeremias Aglugub (2nd from left) said robbery and theft incidents in Nueva Vizcaya have drastically went down with the recent arrestof certain Jojo Bondoc, an alleged Benguet-based.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJul 10th, 2018

QCPD: Reports of major crimes decrease in 2017

    Reports of various major crimes in Quezon City have declined by almost 20% in 2017, according to the data of the QuezonCity Police District (QCPD). QCPD director Chief Supt. Guillermo Eleazarsaid a total of 5,725 crimes were recorded in 2017, a 19.92% decrease from 7,149 crimes reported in2016. The major crimes were classified as murder, robbery, theft, motorcycle theft, motor vehicle theft, physical injuryand rape, Eleazar said in a statement on Sunday, New Year's Eve. Reports of robbery, from 1,454 in 2016, declined by 23.6% to only 1,096 incidents this year, the QCPD chief said. Theft cases were also down by 23.63% to 2,366 incidents in 2017, compar...Keep on reading: QCPD: Reports of major crimes decrease in 2017.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 31st, 2017

Cops back to chasing criminals after Asean

  The Philippine National Police said on Thursday that more officers had been deployed to patrol malls, transport terminals and other public areas to curb crime in places where large numbers of people converge during the Christmas season.   PNP spokesperson Chief Supt. Dionardo Carlos said the police shifted focus on street crime and motorcycle-riding suspects following the close of the 31st Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) summit.   Carlos said theft and robbery cases peak during the Christmas season when most employees receive their annual bonuses and overseas Filipino workers hike remittances to their families.   He assured th...Keep on reading: Cops back to chasing criminals after Asean.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 17th, 2017

Theft, robbery top list of Boracay crimes

Theft, robbery top list of Boracay crimes.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 30th, 2017

DOT: 269,344 tourists visit Boracay since reopening

AKLAN, Philippines – The Department of Tourism (DOT) recorded 269,344 tourist arrivals in Boracay from the time it was reopened  in late October last year to the end of 2018. DOT-Boracay said that from October 26 to December 31, 2018, it recorded 125,236 foreign tourists comprising 46% of the total tourist ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJan 17th, 2019

Jesus Falcis slams Kris Aquino’s camp for intimidating the media

MANILA, Philippines – Jesus Falcis once again took to social media to call Kris Aquino’s camp out for sending letters to various broadcast stations, “cautioning” them from airing interviews with Jesus and his brother Nicko. The Falcis brothers are both facing separate cases filed by Kris. Nicko was charged with 44 counts of qualified theft ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJan 11th, 2019

Boracay reopening to lift 2019 outlook for tourism

THE OUTLOOK for tourist arrivals in 2019 is more positive now that the industry has put the Boracay closure behind it and as airlines add connections to the Philippines, industry officials said......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJan 9th, 2019

Crime rate in Bacolod down by 17 percent

BACOLOD City – The crime rate in Bacolod City went down by 17.12 percent in 2018, based on records released by the Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) on Jan 4, 2019. Senior Supt. Francisco Ebreo, BCPO director, said the number of index crimes such as murder, homicide, robbery, physical injury, theft, and rape decreased by […] The post Crime rate in Bacolod down by 17 percent appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsJan 4th, 2019

Pork barrel scam mastermind points to Revilla acquittal in her appeal

The mastermind of one of the country's biggest cases of corruption and an accomplice sought to turn the spotlight on the acquittal of former Sen. Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. to reverse their conviction by the antigraft court Sandiganbayan. Janet Lim-Napoles, convicted of masterminding the outright theft of public funds through Revilla's pork barrel, and Richard Cambe, Revilla's former chief of staff who was convicted of conniving with Napoles, beat the deadline for appeals on Friday. But the Ombudsman allowed the deadline to lapse without appealing Revilla's acquittal. Napoles filed a motion for reconsideration at the Sandiganbayan while Cambe informed the court he was challenging ...Keep on reading: Pork barrel scam mastermind points to Revilla acquittal in her appeal.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 28th, 2018

More Boracay areas eyed for land reform

More areas may be placed under land reform after the reopening of the resort island of Boracay in Aklan. More Boracay areas eyed for land reform Source link: More Boracay areas eyed for land reform.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsDec 28th, 2018

Strasbourg shooting suspect identified

  STRASBOURG, France ---Two police officials have identified the suspected Strasbourg gunman as 29-year-old Cherif Chekatt.   One police source said Chekatt's criminal record mentions 25 judicial cases, including several serious cases of robbery.   The official said his apartment was searched by police on Tuesday morning --- hours before the shooting --- in an investigation for attempted murder. He was not at home at the time.   The two officials spoke anonymously because they were not allowed to speak publicly on an ongoing investigation.   The suspect was still on the run on Wednesday after he fired gunshots near the famous Christ...Keep on reading: Strasbourg shooting suspect identified.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 12th, 2018

Cops in abduction, robbery cases give up

Cops in abduction, robbery cases give up.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsNov 30th, 2018

TAK lectures ESWM among Boracay residents

IN time for the reopening of Boracay Island, residents of the three barangays participated in the Acting Planning Workshop for the ecological solid waste management (ESWM), conducted by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources’ (DENR’s) Task Force Tayo ang Kalikasan (TAK). About a hundred folks from schools, business establishments, Sangguniang Kabataan (SK), and Barangay […] The post TAK lectures ESWM among Boracay residents appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsNov 7th, 2018

EDITORIAL - Backsliding in Boracay

Even before the formal reopening, there were already reports of backsliding in the effort to make tourism in Boracay sustainable......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 6th, 2018

Cops keep eye on two theft groups in Boracay

BORACAY Island is back after a six-month hiatus. And so are the thieves. The Malay Police Station on Nov 1, 2018 revealed that they are monitoring at least two organized groups that are into involved in theft activities in the island. Chief Inspector Ruel Firmo, Malay police chief, said the two groups are not from […] The post Cops keep eye on two theft groups in Boracay appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsNov 5th, 2018

Boracay reborn: A restored paradise

Following Boracay's reopening, locals and tourists reflect on what a rehabilitated Boracay means to them......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 1st, 2018

Reveal Boracay water test results, DENR asked

A party-list congressman urged the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) yesterday to release the results of the water tests it conducted in Boracay prior to its reopening to tourists last Friday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 31st, 2018

A full house Boracay

BUSINESSES WAIT FOR SPIKE Three days into the reopening of Boracay after a six-month closure, hotels and other lodging establishments in the island resort enjoyed a nearly 100 percent occupancy level. But in stark contrast were the dismal sales reported by many restaurant staff while many of their competitors remained closed, like the popular pizza […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsOct 28th, 2018