Advertisements


We are sorry, the requested page does not exist




Never ko pagsisiksikan ang sarili ko sa team na ayaw sa akin -- Gumabao

“There’s no room for growth anymore in the team.” This was how now ex-team captain Michele Gumabao summed up her decision to leave Pocari Sweat after two seasons. Gumabao, who led the Lady Warriors to back-to-back titles in the V-League last year, opened up Wednesday, just a few hours after she posted on her Instagram account that she’s officially parting ways with the club.     “It's final na talaga I will leave Pocari and join another team. Nagtapos ang contract ko January 7,” said the former De La Salle stalwart in an interview at the Adamson gym after the Lady Falcons' practice where she serves as an assistant coach. The two-time V-League Best Opposite Hitter and Reinforced Conference Finals Most Valuable Player also confirmed that she is now accepting offers from teams in the Philippine Superliga. “I'm looking for a new team, I'm entertaining new offers, I mean something that I denied myself for one year,” she added.   strong>Falling out /strong> Gumabao revealed that she and Pocari Sweat’s management are no longer seeing eye-to-eye, the main reason of her bolting out of the team she served for two years starting in 2015 when the team, then known as Philips Gold Lady Slammers, competed and won a couple of bronze medals in the PSL.         “I've been with Pocari and Philips Gold so ngayon lang talaga nagsi-sink in sa akin na aalis na ako and iba na ang magiging teammates ko sad talaga pero kailangan ko,' she said. The three-time UAAP champion continued that there are issues with her and team manager Eric Ty that they just couldn’t resolve, including compensation of players and expenses in running the team. She added that she even tried to call the attention of the management itself to air the grievances of the team being the skipper, but it all fell on deaf ears, according to Gumabao.    “Ako kasi as a player and as a person, kapag may mali lagi akong gumagawa ng solusyon. As a player ayaw kong mali ang ginagawa ko and as a coach ayaw kong mali ang ginagawa ng player ko and as a team captain ayaw kong mali ang sistema namin sa team,” Gumabao narrated. “So nagkaproblema ako with our team manager and we talked it out and hindi namin na solusyunan.' “Umakyat ako sa mga boss akala ko nasolusyunan and in the end their promises meant nothing for me so I had to leave,” she added. “Ayaw ko ng issue, ayaw ko na ako ang sinisiraan, ayaw kong ako ang masama. When I joined Philips Gold two years ago all I wanted was a happy team, you make the team happy, we make the team win and we did. We made back-to-back championships. Ang sabi ko naman, ang goal namin as a team since I entered, we achieved it together. Naging strong kami, naging maganda ang bond namin and there came to a point na lahat ng problema na minsan kahit gaano ka pa kalakas, kahit gaanon mo pa kagusto magpaka-martir hindi mo na talaga kakayanin and 'yun ang nangyari sa akin just recently.” “Hindi ko na kaya ang issues sa loob ng team with our manager hindi ko na talaga kaya intindihin paulit-ulit ang mali. I tried, I spoke up, I tried correcting, I tried working with them for one more year pero wala talaga eh and I just hope that change will come for the team ngayon na umalis ako,” she continued. “I took a stand for myself, ayaw ko na may naaaping player sa team ko by management because the management's only job is to give the team good conditions, to support the team financially and emotionally which is very important.” With unresolved issues, Gumabao felt that she can’t work with team anymore.  “'Yun lang, nawala na ang relationship ko with management so I cannot play for anybody that I'm not proud of or na hindi ko mahal na hindi ko nirerespeto or ganoon ang treatment sa akin,” she said. “So I voiced out every opinion that I could. Oo, gumawa ako ng gulo between management and me pero wala eh, they chose to keep him and they pushed me away. I'd be happy to leave, never ko namang pagsisiksikan ang sarili ko sa isang team na ayaw na sa akin.” Gumabao clarified that she holds no jealousy on teammate Myla Pablo’s multi-million 5-year contract including a brand new car as part of her signing bonus . “I’m happy for Myla I know she worked hard for whatever she signed on. I love her as a friend, as a teammate and as a sister. So hindi ako magseselos kung ibinigay sa kanya ‘yun,” explained Gumabao.          strong>Pocari Sweat to air its side /strong> With Gumabao making it public about the issues, ABS-CBN Sports tried to get the side of Pocari Sweat but the club declined to comment and will release an official statement. “We will release an official statement. Pinag-uusapan pa namin (ng management),” in a message sent by Ty.           --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @fromtheriles .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 11th, 2017

Sagna charged for questioning integrity of EPL referee

LONDON (AP) — Manchester City defender Bacary Sagna has been charged by the English Football Association for questioning the impartiality of a referee in a Premier League game. The France international posted a message on Instagram after City beat Burnley 2-1 on Jan. 2, saying: '10 against 12... but still fighting and winning as a team.' City played more than half of the match with 10 men following Fernandinho's sending-off. The FA said Tuesday that Sagna has been charged with misconduct because his comment 'questioned the integrity of the match official and/or alleged and/or implied bias on the part of the match official, and/or brought the game into disrepute.' Sagna has until Friday to respond to the charge. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 10th, 2017

Wild-card entry Bouchard wins 1st-round match at Sydney

SYDNEY (AP) — Eugenie Bouchard made the most of her wild-card entry to the Sydney International, beating Zhang Shuai of China 7-6 (1), 6-2 on Sunday in a first-round match. Bouchard, a 22-year-old former Wimbledon finalist, was beaten in the first round of the Brisbane International last week in her first warmup tournament for the Australian Open, which begins on Jan. 16 and where she was a surprise semifinalist in 2014. The Canadian went on to make the semis at the French Open that year before losing to Petra Kvitova in the Wimbledon final. Bouchard finished that year ranked seventh, but injuries and poor form since have seen her ranking slide to 46. Earlier at Sydney, two-time Grand Slam singles champion Svetlana Kuznetsova defeated Irina-Camelia Begu of Romania 6-1, 6-4. Defending champion Kuznetsova broke the Romanian's serve in the ninth game of the second set, then held serve to advance to the second round of the ATP-WTA tournament. Yulia Putintseva of Kazakhstan advanced when Belinda Bencic of Switzerland, who partnered Roger Federer in last week's Hopman Cup, retired with a toe injury when Putinseva was up 6-4, 2-3. In a first-round men's match at Sydney, France's Nicolas Mahut beat Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil 6-2, 7-6 (2). Earlier, Brisbane International finalists Karolina Pliskova and Alize Cornet withdrew from their next scheduled tournaments due to injuries. Pliskova, who beat Cornet 6-0, 6-3 at Brisbane on Saturday evening, withdrew from the Sydney International with a left inner thigh injury. Pliskova, who would have been seeded fourth in Sydney, was replaced by lucky loser Roberta Vinci of Italy. Sydney officials also announced seventh-seed Elina Svitolina of Ukraine withdrew due to a viral illness. 'I've had constant headaches for the last two days and unfortunately in today's hot weather it got even worse when I was warming up and my body wasn't ready to compete,' Svitolina said. Svitolina was scheduled to play Olympic champion Monica Puig on Sunday, but Puig will now play a lucky loser from qualifying on Monday. No. 1 Angelique Kerber and third-ranked Agnieszka Radwanska remain in the Sydney draw. At Hobart, defending champion Cornet withdrew from the tournament with a back injury, a Tennis Australia official said. American Shelby Rogers posted the first upset of that tournament in the opening match, beating second-seeded Anastasija Sevastova of Latvia 6-2, 1-6, 6-4. Lizette Cabrera of Australia continued the Hobart trend, beating fifth-seeded Misaki Doi of Japan 6-4, 5-7, 7-5. Third-seeded Monica Niculescu defeated former No. 1 Jelena Jankovic 6-2, 6-3. In a men's tournament at Auckland, New Zealand, top-seeded Roberto Bautista Agut and second-seeded John Isner headline the entries. Bautista Agut, Isner, third-seeded David Ferrer and No. 4-seeded Jack Sock have first-round byes in the tournament which begins Monday. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 8th, 2017

Two-time major winner Kuznetsova wins opener in Sydney

SYDNEY (AP) — Two-time Grand Slam singles champion Svetlana Kuznetsova defeated Irina-Camelia Begu of Romania 6-1, 6-4 Sunday in the first round of the Sydney International tennis tournament. Defending champion Kuznetsova broke the Romanian's serve in the ninth game of the second set, then held serve to advance to the second round of the ATP-WTA tournament. The Sydney International is one of several Australian Open Series warmup events ahead of the first Grand Slam of the year beginning in Melbourne on Jan. 16. Earlier, Brisbane International finalists Karolina Pliskova and Alize Cornet withdrew from their next scheduled tournaments due to injuries. Pliskova, who beat Cornet 6-0, 6-3 at Brisbane on Saturday evening, withdrew from the Sydney International with a left inner thigh injury. Pliskova, who would have been seeded fourth in Sydney, was replaced by lucky loser Roberta Vinci of Italy. Sydney officials also announced seventh-seed Elina Svitolina of Ukraine withdrew due to a viral illness. 'I've had constant headaches for the last two days and unfortunately in today's hot weather it got even worse when I was warming up and my body wasn't ready to compete,' Svitolina said. Svitolina was scheduled to play Olympic champion Monica Puig on Sunday, but Puig will now play a lucky loser from qualifying on Monday. At Hobart, defending champion Cornet withdrew from the tournament with a back injury, a Tennis Australia official said. American Shelby Rogers posted the first upset of the tournament in the opening match, beating second-seeded Anastasija Sevastova of Latvia 6-2, 1-6, 6-4. In a men's tournament at Auckland, New Zealand, top-seeded Roberto Bautista Agut and second-seeded John Isner headline the entries. Bautista Agut, Isner, third-seeded David Ferrer and No. 4-seeded Jack Sock have first-round byes in the tournament which begins Monday. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 8th, 2017

Just a glitch or deleted? Official Gazette entries on Aquino admin missing

Just a glitch or deleted? Official Gazette entries on Aquino admin missing.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsOct 31st, 2016

Revise history so brazenly and you might succeed

I have this feeling that the Official Gazette writer who wrote the revisionist record of Mr. Marcos had seen Donald Trump in action. Mr. Trump either lies or shades the truth everyday in his campaign for the US presidency. On his worst day, he is uber con.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsSep 17th, 2016

PHL’s current account surplus falls 85% in H1

The current account (CA) component of the Philippines’ balance of payment (BOP) position posted a drop in the first half of 2016 but a central bank official said there are offsetting factors on this......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsSep 16th, 2016

PHL should not purchase military equipment from treaty allies alone — Defense official - GMA News

PHL should not purchase military equipment from treaty allies alone — Defense official - GMA News.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsSep 14th, 2016

B-day message kay FM sa Official Gazette inulan ng batikos

HUMINGI ng paumanhin ang Palasyo sa publiko dahil tinadtad ng netizens ang birthday message sa Official Gazette ng pamahalaan sa paggunita sa ika-99 kaarawan ni dating Pangulong Ferdinand Marcos. Binago na ng Presidential Communications Office ang nag-vir.....»»

Category: filipinoSource:  hatawtabloidRelated NewsSep 13th, 2016

Jokowi on Mary Jane, Official Gazette, China and Russia | 6PM wRap

Jokowi on Mary Jane, Official Gazette, China and Russia | 6PM wRap.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsSep 13th, 2016

Official Gazette slammed over historical revisionism

MANILA, Philippines - Dictator Ferdinand Marcos Sr......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 12th, 2016

Official Gazette draws flak for Marcos FB post

The government’s communication office is embroiled in another controversy, this time drawing flak for supposedly trying to rewrite history about former President Ferdinand Marcos Jr......»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsSep 12th, 2016

'SuperficialGazette? Netizens slam Official Gazette for historical revisionism

'SuperficialGazette? Netizens slam Official Gazette for historical revisionism.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsSep 12th, 2016

Former Marcos staff linked to Official Gazette gaffe - Rappler

Former Marcos staff linked to Official Gazette gaffe - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsSep 12th, 2016

Official Gazette under fire for Marcos photo caption

Official Gazette under fire for Marcos photo caption.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsSep 12th, 2016

Official Gazette, 9/11 anniversary, Samsung Note 7 ban | 12PM wRap

Official Gazette, 9/11 anniversary, Samsung Note 7 ban | 12PM wRap.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsSep 12th, 2016

Former Marcos staff linked to Official Gazette gaffe

Former Marcos staff linked to Official Gazette gaffe.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsSep 12th, 2016

LOOK | Memes of fictional villains satirize Official Gazette's Marcos birthday fiasco

LOOK | Memes of fictional villains satirize Official Gazette's Marcos birthday fiasco.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsSep 12th, 2016

Revising history? Official Gazette reacts after flak - Inquirer.net

Revising history? Official Gazette reacts after flak - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsSep 12th, 2016

Netizens tag Official Gazette post on late President Marcos as historical revisionism

MANILA, Philippines — Netizens reacted negatively to a Facebook post by the Official Gazette on Saturday regarding former President Ferdinand Marcos' birthda.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 12th, 2016