Advertisements


Rising number of minors’ drug arrest alarms NCRPO

THE National Capital Region Police Office yesterday sounded the alarm bell on the increasing number of minors being arrested for involvement in illegal drug activities in Metro Manila which comes in the wake of proposals to subject even elementary students to random drug testing. NCRPO director, Chief Superintendent Guillermo Lorenzo….....»»

Category: newsSource: journal journalJun 23rd, 2018

SPD nets 36 druggies

By Nelson S. Badilla Operatives of the Southern Police District (SPD) arrested 36 drug personalities in separate operations conducted within 24 hours. SPD director Chief Supt. Tomas Apolinario Jr. said the Pasay City police reported 11 arrested suspects, the highest number of arrest among the cities within his jurisdiction. Pasay City is notorious for drug […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 21st, 2018

ARMM syndicate invades MM

A drug syndicate operating in Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) expanded its operation in Metro Manila, National Capital Police Region Police Office (NCRPO) Director, Chief Supt. Guillermo Eleazar told the Daily Tribune yesterday. Eleazar said he directed NCRPO’s Regional Drug Enforcement Unit (RDEU) to monitor the activities of the group and arrest its leaders […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsAug 16th, 2018

Osuna sent to Astros by Blue Jays for Giles in closer swap

By Janie McCauley, Associated Press OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Swapping a closer with on-field problems for one with off-field troubles, the World Series champion Houston Astros traded Ken Giles to the Toronto Blue Jays along with a pair of pitching prospects for Roberto Osuna on Monday. Houston also sent right-handers David Paulino and Hector Perez to Toronto as part of the deal, a day before the deadline for trades without waivers. The Astros lead the AL West, but were set to begin a series at Seattle having lost a season-high four in a row. They also acquired reliever Ryan Pressly from Minnesota last week. The 23-year-old Osuna is eligible to pitch in the big leagues starting Sunday after a 75-game suspension under Major League Baseball's domestic violence policy. He has made six scoreless one-inning appearances in the minors since July 14, the last three at Triple-A. Osuna has not pitched in the majors since May 6, two days before he was put on administrative leave when he was charged with one count of assault in Toronto — which remains pending. "This has been exceptionally difficult," Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins said on a conference call. "... This was a negotiated agreement between Major League Baseball and the players' association." Astros pitchers Justin Verlander and Lance McCullers Jr. voiced disdain for domestic abusers in March when video leaked of former Astros prospect Danry Vasquez beating his girlfriend. Vasquez was released by Houston following an arrest for the incident in 2016. KRIS-TV in Houston obtained and aired the video, which showed Vasquez, still partly in uniform, hitting his girlfriend in a stairwell at Double-A Corpus Christi's stadium. "(Middle finger emoji) you man," Verlander tweeted. "I hope the rest of your life without baseball is horrible. You deserve all that is coming your way!" "This is the reality of domestic violence," McCullers wrote. "It's always brutal, always sickening. We must fight for the victims, video or not. He should be in jail. If you need help, find it. People care." Osuna is 0-0 with nine saves in 10 chances and a 2.93 ERA in 15 games this season. He was an All-Star last year, when he went 3-4 with 39 saves and a 3.38 ERA. The right-hander would be eligible to pitch in the postseason, unlike players suspended under the drug policy this year, such as Seattle second baseman Robinson Cano, who is ineligible. Osuna lost 89 days' pay, which comes to $2,536,022 of his $5.3 million salary, and the suspension delayed his eligibility for free agency by one year until after the 2021 season. "The due diligence by our front office was unprecedented. We are confident that Osuna is remorseful, has willfully complied with all consequences related to his past behavior, has proactively engaged in counseling, and will fully comply with our zero tolerance policy related to abuse of any kind," Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow said in a statement. In a statement released by Houston, Osuna said: "I thank Jeff Luhnow and the entire Astros organization for believing in me. I will not let them down." The 27-year-old Giles is 0-2 with 12 saves and a 4.99 ERA this season, and was currently in the minors. Giles punched himself in the face this season while heading to the dugout after giving up a three-run, ninth-inning homer to the Yankees' Gary Sanchez on May 1. He was optioned to Triple-A Fresno on July 11, a night after the hard-throwing righty appeared to curse at manager A.J. Hinch when he lifted him from the game. Atkins said Giles has shown "he's willing to be accountable for those actions." "It's unfortunate," the GM said. "I'm sure that contributed to him being available." The 27-year-old Giles had 34 saves in 38 chances with a 2.30 ERA and 11.9 strikeouts per nine innings for the Astros last season. Houston won its first World Series title, but he struggled in the postseason. He allowed two runs in three innings against Boston in the AL Division Series. He surrendered three more runs, taking the loss in Game 4 of the League Championship Series against the New York Yankees, and allowed five runs in a pair of World Series appearances against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Giles entered Game 4 in the ninth with the game tied at 1 and allowed all three batters he faced to reach base. Giles took the loss and did not appear again in the series. Giles has a $4.6 million salary and is eligible for free agency after the 2020 season. The 24-year-old Paulino is 2-1 with a 6.25 ERA in nine games with the Astros this year and has a 4.67 ERA in seven games for Triple-A Fresno and the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Astros. The 22-year-old Perez is 3-4 with two saves and a 3.73 ERA in 21 games at Class A Buies Creek and Double-A Corpus Christi. "This made sense for the organization from a baseball perspective," Atkins said. "We had the opportunity to trade Roberto for three players we're excited about." ___ AP Baseball Writers Ben Walker and Ronald Blum contributed to this report......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJul 31st, 2018

2 big-time drug dealers nabbed

AGENTS of the National Capital Region Police Office Regional Special Operations Unit arrested two suspected big-time drug trafficking personalities in Metro Manila during an anti-narcotics raid in Pasig City, NCRPO director Chief Superintendent Guillermo Lorenzo T. Eleazar said yesterday. Prior to their arrest, suspects Mike Usudan Ali and Jalane Pontino….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJul 15th, 2018

More than 100 minors nabbed for illegal drug cases from January to June 2018

Police forces in Metro Manila have arrested more than 100 minors for illegal drug cases from January to June this year, records from the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) revealed. More than 100 minors nabbed for illegal drug cases from January to June 2018 Police forces in Metro Manila have arrested more than 100… link: More than 100 minors nabbed for illegal drug cases from January to June 2018.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJun 24th, 2018

House eyes probe on ‘tambay’s’ death

AN investigation into the death of an inmate following his arrest during an “anti-tambay” (anti-loitering) campaign in Quezon City is being pushed at the House of Representatives. Rep. Jose Christopher “Kit” Belmonte made the call under House Bill 1968, which he filed late Thursday, citing an “urgent need to investigate the rising number of illegal arrests [...] The post House eyes probe on ‘tambay’s’ death appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJun 22nd, 2018

New NCRPO chief on drug ops: Ayaw naming nagkakaroon ng sakitan

Insisting that there will be no let-up in the police anti-drug campaign, National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Chief Superintendent Guillermo Eleazar on Tuesday urged suspects not to resist arrest to avoid any deaths. Source link link: New NCRPO chief on drug ops: Ayaw naming nagkakaroon ng sakitan.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJun 5th, 2018

2 siblings busted for shabu, 12 druggies nabbed in QC

Quezon City Police District (QCPD) director Chief Supt. Joselito T. Esquivel Jr. reported to National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) director Chief Supt. Guillermo Lorenzo T. Eleazar the arrest of two female siblings and 12 other drug suspects in separate operations in Quezon City. Chief Supt. Esquivel said Babylyn Serrano,….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJun 3rd, 2018

15 held for drugs, other crimes in QC

Newly-installed Quezon City Police District (QCPD) director Chief Supt. Joselito T. Esquivel Jr. reported to National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Director Camilo Pancratius P. Cascolan the arrest of five drug suspects in buy-busts and eight wanted persons in the city. Masambong Police Station (PS-2) operatives under Supt. Carlito….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsApr 28th, 2018

PNP sustains ‘bloodless tokhang’

After one month, 10,088 drug personalities jailed THE Philippine National Police has sustained its vow to have “bloodless” Oplan: Tokhang operations across the country since last month with the number of confessed drug dealers and users who have surrendered to the police rising to 3,173 with another 10,088 put in….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMar 2nd, 2018

Caloocan cops nab 92 for various offenses

      Operatives of the Caloocan City Police arrested 92 people for various offenses during a Simultaneous Anti-Criminality Law Enforcement (SACLEO) operation in North Caloocan which started on Wednesday night.   Caloocan City Police chief Senior Superintendent Jemar Modequillo said the operation started at around 11 p.m. on Wednesday and ended at 2 a.m. on Thursday.   Among those arrested were 86 people who were caught drinking in the streets and minors who violated the city's curfew law. Also nabbed were three alleged drug users, two persons with pending warrants of arrest for estafa and child abuse; and one person facing a robbery case, Ra...Keep on reading: Caloocan cops nab 92 for various offenses.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 1st, 2018

Cops nab 100 suspected pushers in Lucena drug den raids

LUCENA CITY -- Police officers armed with search warrants raided suspected drug dens and arrested more than 100 suspected drug pushers and users in the coastal village of Dalahican hereWednesday afternoon. "Most of the arrested suspects were included in the newly validated drug watch list. A number of them have arrest records," Senior Supt. Rhoderick Armamento, chief of the Quezon Police Provincial Office, said in a phone interview. He said the operatives conducted simultaneous raids in at eight targeted drug dens in different parts of the village. "We've also confiscated several plastic sachets of shabu and assorted drug paraphernalia," Armamento said He said the Philippine ...Keep on reading: Cops nab 100 suspected pushers in Lucena drug den raids.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2018

Philippines drug war alarms 39 countries in UN

MANILA, Philippines — Thirty-nine countries, including the United States, have expressed alarm over what they described as a rising “climate of impunity” in.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 30th, 2017

Spin can t conceal human rights situation, says group

MANILA, Philippines — The joint statement of 39 nations expressing concern over the rising number of drug-related killings and calling on the government to e.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 29th, 2017

UK pushes for intelligence-based probes in Philippines drug war

MANILA, Philippines — A senior British diplomat raised concern over the rising number of deaths under investigation and urged the Philippines to conduct prop.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 10th, 2016

More than 50 celebrities in NCRPO’s drug list

More than 50 celebrities are now on the drug list of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO), additional names were included following the arrest of two former starlets in a separate drug bust......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsOct 8th, 2016

Duterte slams EU resolution on PH extrajudicial kilings

President Rodrigo R. Duterte on Tuesday night slammed the European Union (EU) for its resolution calling for an investigation on the rising number of drug suspects killed in relation to the government's war against illegal drugs......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsSep 21st, 2016

‘Death squad witness’ claims Duterte behind slay of Prospero Nograles aides

MANILA, Philippines — A witness in the Senate hearing into the rising number of drug-related killings in the country alleged that President Rodrigo Duterte o.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 15th, 2016

American investors concerned over drug killings

MANILA, Philippines — American investors expressed concern over the rising number of extrajudicial and vigilante killings amid the new administration's anti-.....»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 8th, 2016

PDEA backs Senate resolution seeking to probe involvement of minors in illegal drugs

MANILA -- The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) supports the Senate resolution pushing for effective drug prevention and intervention for the youth, as it expressed concern over the rising incidents of involvement of minors in illegal drug activit.....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsAug 28th, 2016