Advertisements


Resumption of peace talks rescheduled – Dureza

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine government is not yet ready to resume peace talks with communists, said Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Jesus Dureza on Thursday, June 14. "The decision for the moment, huwag na muna ituloy ang talks (let's not resume talks yet)," he said during ........»»

Category: newsSource: rappler rapplerJun 14th, 2018

Dureza: Norway still third-party facilitator in peace talks with Reds

Norway remains the third-party facilitator in the peace talks between the Philippine government and the communist rebels, Peace Secretary Jesus Dureza said on Monday night. Dureza issued the statetement hours after presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said in a Palace briefing that Malacaang no longer saw the need to have a third-party facilitator in the resumption of peace talks. "The media report saying Norway is being removed or is no longer a 'facilitator' in the peace negotiations between the Philippine government and the communist rebels is a total fabrication," Dureza said in statement. "It is an example of irresponsible journalism." But it was Roque who told reporte...Keep on reading: Dureza: Norway still third-party facilitator in peace talks with Reds.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 18th, 2018

STATEMENT of Rep. Zarate: Delay in peace talks will only serve saboteurs

(Statement of Bayan Muna Rep. Carlos Isagani T. Zarate on the GRP-NDF peace talks) I think that the issues raised by Sec. Dureza can be addressed at the same time that the peace talks are ongoing. They should not be used as stumbling blocks or preconditions for the resumption of the negotiations. The longer it […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsJun 16th, 2018

Dureza: Let’s all protect peace deal gains

OPAPP Secretary Jesus Dureza said the resetting of the planned peace talks with the communist side is exactly to protect the gains achieved in the backchannel talks prior to formal resumption of peace negotiations. Dureza: Let’s all protect peace deal gains Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP) Secretary Jesus Dureza said the resetting of… link: Dureza: Let’s all protect peace deal gains.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJun 16th, 2018

Duterte wants talks in PH; Joma sees sabotage

Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) founding chair Jose Maria Sison on Friday accused President Duterte of sabotaging the peace talks to lay the ground for imposing martial law nationwide by indefinitely postponing the negotiations and insisting on holding them in the Philippines.   Mr. Duterte on Thursday said he wanted the resumption of the peace talks with communist rebels to be held in the Philippines next month, not late in June as was previously agreed upon during informal talks in the Netherlands, according to his peace adviser Jesus Dureza.   In response to the government's announcement, Sison late on Thursday reminded Mr. Duterte that the negotiators f...Keep on reading: Duterte wants talks in PH; Joma sees sabotage.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 16th, 2018

Peace talks hit snag anew

The much-awaited resumption of the formal peace negotiations between the government of the Philippines and the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) will not push through this month as President Rodrigo Duterte wants more consultations with the public. In a statement issued yesterday, Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP) Secretary Jesus Dureza said […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

Dureza: June 28 resumption of peace talks with NDF reset

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 14 June) — The supposed resumption of the fifth round of formal peace talks between government (GRP) and National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) will no longer push through on June 28, after President Rodrigo Duterte instructed his peace panel on Wednesday to engage the “bigger table” first before they […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

Talks with Reds won’t push through as announced — Dureza

The supposed resumption of the peace negotiations between the government and the communist rebels will not push through, the presidential adviser on the peace process said Thursday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

Joma: Communist rebels ‘to single-mindedly wage people’s war’

      Communist rebels have "no choice but to single-mindedly wage people's war" against the Philippine government following the cancellation of peace talks, communist leader Jose Maria Sison said on Thursday.   Sison made the remark after Peace Secretary Jesus Dureza announced that the scheduled resumption of peace talks in Oslo, Norway between the government and the rebels was canceled.   The cancellation, Sison said, has shown that the Duterte administration "is not interested in serious peace negotiations with the NDFP (National Democratic Front of the Philippines)."   "Because the GRP (Government of the Republic of the Phi...Keep on reading: Joma: Communist rebels ‘to single-mindedly wage people’s war’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

No peace talks yet with reds

THE resumption of peace negotiations between the government and communist rebels will not proceed on June 28 as the Duterte administration wants to hold more consultations with the public.Presidential Peace Adviser Jesus Dureza made the announcement yesterday, pointing out it is important to get the support of the people in….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

Sison seeks talks on Duterte conditions

Exiled communist leader Jose Maria Sison on Thursday welcomed the possible reopening of peace negotiations, and urged the government and rebel negotiators to formally convene soon to thresh out disputes hampering the resumption of the talks.   President Duterte had directed his peace adviser, Jesus Dureza, to find ways to resume the talks, which the former halted last November because of continued attacks by the New People's Army (NPA), the armed wing of the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP).   As his conditions for the resumption of the talks, Mr. Duterte wants a complete stop to NPA attacks and the collection of revolutionary taxes and for the rebels to dro...Keep on reading: Sison seeks talks on Duterte conditions.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 6th, 2018

Another shot at peace talks?

PRESIDENT Duterte Rodrigo Duterte has ordered Peace Secretary Jesus Dureza to work on the resumption of peace talks between the government and the communist rebels. The President gave the order during the 24th Cabinet meeting in Malacañang, a day after he said he would want to resume the stalled talks….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsApr 5th, 2018

Duterte on GRP-NDF peace talks: “Let’s give this another last chance”

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 04 April) —  President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday directed the government peace panel to work on the resumption of the peace talks with the National Democratic Front (NDF), Secretary Jesus Dureza, Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process said in a statement. “Let’s give this another last chance,” Dureza quoted the President […] The post Duterte on GRP-NDF peace talks: “Let’s give this another last chance” appeared first on MindaNews......»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsApr 5th, 2018

Duterte orders ‘last chance’ for peace talks with Reds

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte ordered his men during the Cabinet meeting on Wednesday, April 4, to support the resumption of talks with communist rebels responsible for Asia's longest-running communist insurgency. "Let's give this another last chance," chief peace adviser Jesus Dureza quoted Duterte as saying.  Dureza said the President ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 4th, 2018

Dureza announces resumption of GRP-NDF peace talks; ceasefire restored

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 12 March) &'8212; The peace process between the Philippine government and the National Democratic Front (NDF) is back on track, Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Jesus Dureza announced Sunday from Utrecht, The Netherlands, where backchannel talks were held March 10 and 11. &'8220;I am pleased to announce that the peace [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsMar 12th, 2017

Joma Sison off the European terror list

PRESIDENTIAL Peace Adviser Jesus Dureza returned to Manila on Monday after the resumption of talks with communist rebels, announcing that Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) founder Jose Maria Sison has been removed from the European Union listing of.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsAug 29th, 2016

Peace talks between the gov’t and communist rebels will proceed despite ceasefire lifting

Presidential Peace Adviser Jesus Dureza said that the resumption of peace talks between the government and communist rebels will proceed as planned even if the ceasefire is lifted......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsJul 30th, 2016

Palace changes tone on NDFP talks

Having stayed the scheduled resumption of the peace talks between the government and the National Democratic Front supposed to happen on June 15, President Rodrigo Duterte changed tone and wanted the negotiations to continue in the Philippines......»»

Category: newsSource:  davaotodayRelated News22 hr. 54 min. ago

Dureza: Norway still third-party facilitator in peace talks with Reds - Inquirer.net

Dureza: Norway still third-party facilitator in peace talks with Reds - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJun 18th, 2018

Communists hit over accord copy release

MALACAÑANG yesterday slammed the Reds for their unilateral decision to release to the public the copy of the agreement on ending hostilities in preparation for the resumption of formal peace negotiations. The resumption of formal talks between the government and the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) was slated….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJun 18th, 2018

Military drive vs NPA behind cancellation of talks – CPP

MALAYBALAY CITY (MindaNews / 18 June) – President Duterte cancelled the scheduled resumption of peace negotiations with the National Democratic Front of the Philippines to allow the military to continue with its all-out offensive against the New People’s Army until the end of 2018, the Communist Party of the Philippines said on Sunday. “By calling […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsJun 18th, 2018