Advertisements


QCPD: Search of Katipunan bars a standard operation

QCPD: Search of Katipunan bars a standard operation.....»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarSep 14th, 2017

Cops raid Katipunan bars? Barangay authorized it, says QCPD

Cops raid Katipunan bars? Barangay authorized it, says QCPD.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsSep 14th, 2017

Braves hire former Dodgers, Blue Jays exec Anthopoulos as GM

By Charles Odum, Associated Press ATLANTA (AP) — The remake of the Atlanta Braves' management was completed Monday when Alex Anthopoulos was named general manager and John Hart was removed as team president. Anthopoulos, a former Dodgers and Blue Jays executive, will have autonomy of baseball operations, giving him more power than any Braves general manager since John Schuerholz served from 1990 to 2007. Anthopoulos also was given the title of executive vice president, while Hart will assume a senior adviser role, team chairman Terry McGuirk announced at a news conference that Hart did not attend. Anthopoulos was to fly to Orlando on Monday night to represent the Braves at baseball's general managers' meetings. He spent the last two seasons as the Dodgers' vice president of baseball operations after six years as Toronto's general manager. Anthopoulos succeeds John Coppolella, who was forced to resign as general manager on Oct. 2 after an investigation by Major League Baseball disclosed rule violations committed by the Braves in the international player market. "Alex is a man of integrity and he will operate in a way that will make all of our Braves fans proud," McGuirk said. McGuirk apologized to fans "on behalf of the entire Braves family" for the scandal. "The past few months have been the toughest in the storied history of the Atlanta Braves franchise," he said. "Frankly, the Atlanta Braves have not lived up to our standard that the fans expect of us and that we expect of ourselves." McGuirk said he was told by Commissioner Rob Manfred on Monday "the investigation has been completed for some time." He said he expects to learn within two weeks what fine or other penalties the Braves will receive. When asked who made the decision for Hart to immediately hand over control of baseball operations, McGuirk said, "It just became obvious this was the right thing to do at this time, and he and I made that decision together." Hart temporarily assumed general manager duties while leading the search for Coppolella's replacement. Gordon Blakeley, the team's international scouting chief, also resigned last month following the disclosure of international scouting violations. Anthopoulos said the investigation had no impact on his interest in the Braves. "For me more than anything else, who are you going to work for and who are you going to work with?" Anthopoulos said. "Regardless of what the fallout was going to be or what the sanctions may be, that's not going to change who I'm going to go to war with day in and day out." Anthopoulos said the Braves, who opened SunTrust Park in 2017 and whose minor league organization was named the best in the game by Baseball America, are "one of the premier jobs in all of sports." "The young talent here is as good as you're going to get in the game, and even here at the big league level, you have some exciting players as well," he said. "The opportunity here, the upside, is through the roof." Braves manager Brian Snitker and former manager and current senior adviser Bobby Cox attended the news conference. Cox was part of the Braves management team that met with Anthopoulos at SunTrust Park during a break between Games 5 and 6 of the World Series. Cox said Anthopoulos was "a home run" in the interview. "He's smart as heck and a workaholic," Cox said. "I've heard that from everyone." Anthopoulos began his baseball career with the Montreal Expos as a publicity intern before moving to scouting for three years. He joined Toronto after the 2003 season as a scouting coordinator and earned a promotion to VP of baseball operations and assistant GM in 2006 before taking over as GM......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsNov 14th, 2017

PDEA agents arrest couple for possession of P250,000 worth of ‘shabu’

KIDAPAWAN CITY --- Anti-narcotics agents arrested a couple during an anti-drug operation and seized from them more than P250,000 worth of suspected crystal meth (shabu), guns and ammunition in Pigcayawan town in North Cotabato on Monday. Gil Cesario Castro, director for Central Mindanao of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), told the Inquirer that PDEA agents, backed by police and other law enforcement units, served the search warrants on Richard Balbini and his wife Jeanette, both allegedly members of Bawan Drug Group based in Pigcawayan. The couple, who operate a restaurant in Barangay Poblacion, did not resist when the search warrant was presented to them at about...Keep on reading: PDEA agents arrest couple for possession of P250,000 worth of ‘shabu’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 13th, 2017

11 fishermen missing in Camarines Norte

LEGAZPI CITY -- At least 11 fishermen on board three fishing boats were reported missing on Thursday off the waters of Mercedes town in Camarines Norte province, the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) in Bicol region revealed on Friday. A report from the OCD, citing the Mercedes Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (MDRRMO), said two groups left Mercedes on Wednesday while the other sailed on Monday. A search and rescue operation had been scheduled this Friday as the weather improved a day after tropical storm "Salome" traversed over Bicol. The OCD identified the missing fishermen as Joel Ongog, Raymond Abalao, Jonathan Arcilla, Joseph Ferrer, Joey Todenio, Leonard...Keep on reading: 11 fishermen missing in Camarines Norte.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 10th, 2017

Quezon City jail search yields improvised weapons

MANILA, Philippines —  The Bureau of Jail Management and Penology confiscated improvised weapons during an Oplan Greyhound operation at the Quezon City Jail.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 7th, 2017

Bodies of some of the 10 missing US sailors found after collision off Singapore – ABC News

Bodies of some of the 10 missing sailors have been found in flooded compartments of the USS John S. McCain, a Navy destroyer that collided with a commercial vessel east of Singapore early Monday morning, the U.S. Navy said. Ten sailors have been missing since the collision, and the remains of some were found by divers performing recovery operations inside the ship, Adm. Scott Swift, the commander of U.S. Pacific Fleet, said in a statement. Remains that may belong to another sailor missing from the McCain were found by the Royal Malaysian Navy as it assisted the U.S. in waters east of the Straits of Malacca and Singapore, Swift said. &'8220;Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with the families of those sailors and the families of our sailors who were injured,&'8221; he said in the statement, issued from Singapore's Changi Naval Base today, where the damaged USS McCain is docked and where the tanker that it collided with is anchored. &'8220;The search-and-rescue efforts continue.&'8221; One of the missing sailors was identified by government officials as Ohio resident Jacob Drake. Drake's cousin, Brandie Roberts, told ABC News that he joined the Navy right out of high school at 17 years old. Roberts described her cousin as a &'8220;hilarious&'8221; and &'8220;ridiculously smart&'8221; person. &'8220;We are all begging for answers and begging he is found safe,&'8221; she said. Drake is engaged, Roberts said. He has plans to marry next summer, The Columbus Dispatch reported. In a statement, Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, offered his support to Drake's family and the U.S. Navy. &'8220;Connie and I are thinking of Jacob’s family during this horrible time and we join Ohioans in praying for Jacob’s well-being and safety,&'8221; Brown said. &'8220;Servicemembers like Jacob represent the very best of our state, and I’m hopeful the divers searching for these brave sailors can find him and bring him home safely.&'8221; Ohio Gov. John Kasich wrote on Twitter that he is &'8220;praying for all, especially Ohio's own Jacob Drake.&'8221; The McCain was heading to Singapore on a routine port visit after conducting a sensitive freedom-of-navigation operation near one of China's man-made islands in the South China Sea, according to the Navy. The destroyer collided with a tanker vessel, the Alnic MC, off the coast of Singapore around 5:20 a.m. local time Monday, the Stealth Maritime Corp. said in a statement. Reports of the damage to the two ships seem to indicate that they were crossing paths or at least attempting to move in different directions at the time of the collision. The McCain's hull received significant damage as a result of the collision, according to the Navy. Photos show what looks like a wide cave on the port side of the ship at the water line. An initial report about the collision indicated that the ship reported a loss of steering three minutes prior to the impact, a U.S. official said. The official notes this was an initial report, and that it’s not clear if this is what led to the collision, as the crew could have taken several evasive maneuvers to avoid a collision &'8212; something crews are trained to deal with. After the collision, adjacent compartments on the McCain —- including crew berth, machinery and communications rooms —- flooded, according to the Navy, which added that a damage-control response prevented the situation from becoming more serious. Ships from multiple countries searched for the missing sailors after the collision. President Trump tweeted that his &'8220;thoughts and prayers&'8221; are with the McCain's sailors. Several politicians on both sides of the aisle echoed his sentiment, including Sen. John McCain. The ship is named for his grandfather John Sidney McCain Sr. and his father, John Sidney McCain Jr. &'8220;Cindy and I are keeping America's sailors aboard the USS John S McCain in our prayers tonight &'8212; appreciate the work of search &'38; rescue crews,&'8221; McCain wrote in a tweet. The collision was hardly an isolated incident for the Navy. It comes only two months after the USS Fitzgerald's collision with a Philippine container ship in the middle of the night off the coast of Japan. Seven U.S. sailors lost their lives in that collision, and last week the Navy relieved the Fitzgerald's commanding officer, executive officer and senior enlisted sailor for mistakes that led to the crash. The USS Lake Champlain, a guided missile cruiser, collided with a fishing boat in the Sea of Japan in May. There were no injuries from that crash. The Navy ship tried to alert the fishing boat before the collision, but it was too late. The USS Antietam, also a guided-missile cruiser, ran aground off the coast of Japan in February, damaging its propellers and spilling oil into the water. John Richardson, the Navy's top admiral, called for an operational pause in the region and &'8220;a deeper look into how we train and certify forces operating in and around Japan,&'8221; after the McCain's collision. &'8220;We'll examine the process in which we train and certify our forces that are deployed in Japan to make sure we're doing all we can to make them ready for operations and war fighting,&'8221; he told reporters. &'8220;This will include but not be limited to looking at operational tempo, trends in personnel, material, maintenance and equipment. It will also include a review of how we train and certify our service warfare community, including tactical and navigational proficiency,&'8221; he said yesterday at a press conference.( MICHAEL EDISON HAYDEN, JULIA [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsAug 23rd, 2017

Quezon City 3rd in Gawad Kalasag national search - The Standard

Quezon City 3rd in Gawad Kalasag national search - The Standard.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJun 10th, 2017

Small-town lottery, jai alai conflict may spur violence in Camarines Sur

NAGA CITY, Philippines (Bicol Standard) — The fight for control in the operation of the numbers game between smal.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2017

Bomb-making notes found at Camp Bagong Diwa

MANILA, Philippines — Various contraband were seized Monday morning after authorities launched an “Oplan Galugad” or search operation at Camp Bagong Diwa in.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 24th, 2017

DILG to investigate Cebu search operation

he Department of the Inte........»»

Category: newsSource:  manila_shimbunRelated NewsMar 3rd, 2017

The World: Russia mourns 92 killed in jet crash, hunts for black box

MOSCOW -- Russia held a national day of mourning on Monday, a day after a Syria-bound military plane crashed into the Black Sea killing all 92 people on board, and expanded a search operation to try to recover passengers' bodies and the jet's black box......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsDec 26th, 2016

The President’s double standard

WHAT are we to make of President Rodrigo Duterte’s order to reinstate a police superintendent accused of profiting from the illegal drug trade, and who led a raid that looked more like a rubout than a legitimate law enforcement operation?.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsDec 4th, 2016

QCPD cars get dashboard cameras - The Standard

QCPD cars get dashboard cameras - The Standard.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsOct 20th, 2016

Sexy actress falls in drug bust

Sexy actress Krista Miller was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted by the Quezon City Police District (QCPD) over the weekend. QCPD Director Senior Supt. Guillermo Eleazar announced the arrest of Miller, Krystalyn Engle in real life, 26, in a news .....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsOct 3rd, 2016

Actress Krista Miller nabbed in QCPD drug op

MANILA, Philippines —  Another celebrity was apprehended in a buy-bust operation as part of government's drive against illegal drugs......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 3rd, 2016

Actress Krista Miller nabbed in QCPD drug ops

MANILA, Philippines —  Another celebrity was apprehended in a buy-bust operation as part of government's drive against illegal drugs......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 3rd, 2016

Boat with up to 450 migrants capsizes off Egypt, 42 drowned

ROSETTA: A boat carrying up to 450 migrants capsized in the Mediterranean off Egypt's north coast on Wednesday, drowning 42 people and prompting a search operation that rescued 163 passengers, officials said. The vessel overturned off the port city of Ros.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsSep 22nd, 2016

Indian air force says plane goes missing with 29 on board

NEW DELHI, India An Indian Air Force plane carrying 29 people went missing on Friday, July 22, on its way to Port Blair, capital of the Andaman and Nicobar islands, an air force spokesman told AFP. "A search operation is on. The plane was ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 23rd, 2016

2 pulis QC, inireklamo ng pangongotong

Arestado sa entrapment operation ang dalawang pulis na nakatalaga sa QCPD Station 6. Ito'y matapos nilang kotongan umano ang pamilya ng nahuli nilang hinihinalang drug pusher. Nagpa-Patrol si Dol.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJul 18th, 2016

PCSO cancels STL permit in Pangasinan

MAPANDAN, Pangasinan: The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) canceled the permit of Golden Go Rapid and Gaming Corp. (GGRGC) stopping its operation of Small Town Lottery (STL) for its failure to remit more than P655-million collection. In a letter dated November 6 obtained by The Manila Times, PCSO General Manager Alexander Balutan ordered GGRC through… link: PCSO cancels STL permit in Pangasinan.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated News15 hr. 40 min. ago