Advertisements


PNP to pursue cases vs. alleged drug-linked barangay officials

PNP to pursue cases vs. alleged drug-linked barangay officials.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource: pep pepMay 15th, 2018

PNP to pursue cases vs. drug-linked brgy. officials

PNP to pursue cases vs. drug-linked brgy. officials.....»»

Category: newsSource:  cnnphilippinesRelated NewsMay 15th, 2018

Albayalde to officials on drug list: Winning polls won t clear your name

MANILA, Philippines – Even if the constituents of barangay officials supposedly linked to drugs trust them enough to reelect them, that won't be enough to clear their name. Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Oscar Albayalde announced this on Tuesday, May 15, after reports emerged that alleged narco-politicians ran ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 15th, 2018

Man City faces repercussions for misleading UEFA on finances

By Rob Harris, Associated Press LONDON (AP) — European soccer's leadership has an initial conclusion on leaked Manchester City correspondence: The club has been misleading UEFA over its finances. With the power to ban clubs from the Champions League, the consequences from UEFA could be severe for the Premier League champions. UEFA discovered from reading internal emails from City, which were published by German media outlet Der Spiegel last month, the extent of schemes by the club to allegedly cover up the true source of income in a bid to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations, a person with direct knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the situation publicly while UEFA conducts a review of the City case. City has been transformed into an English soccer power in the decade since being bought by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, a deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates and a member of Abu Dhabi's royal family, winning the Premier League three times since 2012. But unfettered spending on players has been restricted by European soccer's governing body — regardless of the owners' wealth. City has already been punished by UEFA for violating FFP, striking an agreement in 2014 that saw the team fined rather than banned from the Champions League for inflated sponsorship deals with companies linked to the club or its ownership. UEFA publicly said last month that evidence from "Football Leaks" could lead to past cases being re-opened. The person with knowledge of the situation said it was more feasible to use the leaks to re-assess the candor of club executives and as a basis to judge City's compliance with FFP in the current three-year assessment period. That covers 2015 when Der Spiegel said emails were being sent internally at City showing the manipulation of sponsorship revue from Etihad Airways, the state-owned airline from Abu Dhabi, which is the naming rights sponsor of City's stadium and training campus as well as appearing on jerseys. The sponsorship was said to generate 67.5 million pounds (about $85 million) annually for City. But City's holding company — the state-backed Abu Dhabi United Group — channeled 59.9 million pounds back to Etihad, according to Jorge Chumillas, the club's chief financial officer, in an internal email to club director Simon Pearce. City has not disputed the authenticity of any emails published by Der Spiegel over the last month. Given the fresh insight into City's financial dealings, UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin has said there was a "public interest" in the correspondence being leaked, while questioning how it was obtained. "We are assessing the situation. We have an independent body working on it," Ceferin said Monday. "Very soon you will have the answers on what will happen in this concrete case." FFP was the flagship policy of Michel Platini, Ceferin's predecessor as UEFA president, and introduced at the height of the global financial crisis in attempt to prevent clubs from becoming unsustainable. Since July 2011, UEFA has monitored the accounts of all clubs entering its two club competitions. The first period UEFA assessed clubs for compliance with FFP was 2011-13, when owners were allowed to cover losses up to 45 million euros. The leaks showed how City allegedly tried to artificially raise its revenue, in one case by 30 million euros, according to emails from 2013 reported by Der Spiegel. Abu Dhabi United Group was alleged to be sending cash to a shell vehicle which was created to supposedly buy the right to use players' images in marketing campaigns. There were further examples that Sheikh Mansour could have been the source of sponsorship revenue for Abu Dhabi state-owned companies like investment firm Aabar. Der Spiegel cited a 2010 email to Aabar from Pearce, the City director who also works for Abu Dhabi's Executive Affairs Authority. "As we discussed, the annual direct obligation for Aabar is GBP 3 million," Pearce wrote. "The remaining 12 million GBP requirement will come from alternative sources provided by His Highness." Seeing internal City correspondence has given UEFA a greater insight into the conduct of the club and its officials. A 2014 email from City lawyer Simon Cliff to a colleague showed the death of UEFA's lead FFP investigator being celebrated: "1 down, 6 to go." UEFA is examining whether to open disciplinary cases against individuals at City involved in attempts to provide a misrepresentation of club finances to the governing body's FFP accessors, another person with direct knowledge of the situation said. The person, who did not identify any individuals, spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the City case. A challenge for UEFA is getting City to provide information from related companies in Abu Dhabi that the leaks show are central to compliance with FFP. City has repeatedly declined to respond to the specific allegations in the leaks, dismissing a month of negative headlines by saying: "The attempt to damage the club's reputation is organized and clear." But City has had no such qualms using its website to cast aspersions on the reputations of other clubs over their ability to comply with FFP. City has used the media watch section on its website to cite unsubstantiated news reports, including a claim in 2016 that "Inter Milan are looking to circumnavigate FFP" and speculation this year that if Paris Saint-Germain "are found to have broken FFP regulations they face being booted out of the Champions League." Those pages were deleted from its website after City was approached for comment by the AP......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsDec 5th, 2018

Suspected leader of gun-for-hire group fall in Pampanga

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO - The alleged leader of a gun-for-hire group operating in three Central Luzon provinces has been arrested in aThursdaynight drug bust in Arayat town in Pampanga province, the police reportedon Friday. Ariel Maniago, 47, was apprehended together with his son Arnel, 28, in Barangay Telapayong for possessing five sachets of shabu (crystal meth). Ariel supposedly heads the Maniago Group, which was linked to a series of robberies in Bataan, Tarlac, and Pampanga. A case for violating the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 has been filed against them at the prosecutor's office, Senior Supt. Nicolas Salvador, provincial police director, said. TONETTE OREJAS ...Keep on reading: Suspected leader of gun-for-hire group fall in Pampanga.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 5th, 2018

Garin dares Duque to sue her over barangay health stations

FORMER Department of Health secretary Janette Garin dared incumbent Secretary Francisco Duque III to file cases against her and other officials relative to the alleged anomalous implementation of the P8.1-billion barangay health station (BHS) project in 2015 and 2016. In a press conference on June 18, 2018, Duque said he discovered some irregular transactions in […] The post Garin dares Duque to sue her over barangay health stations appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsJun 18th, 2018

‘DRUG MONEY’ USED IN POLLS?: PDEA probes narco-politics in barangay, SK elections

THE Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA-6) said it is investigating claims that money from the illegal drug trade may have been used in the May 14, 2018 barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan polls. PDEA-6 regional director Wardley Getalla said they will base their probe on the list of village officials with alleged links to the drug […] The post ‘DRUG MONEY’ USED IN POLLS?: PDEA probes narco-politics in barangay, SK elections appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsMay 15th, 2018

105 ‘narco officials’ in Region 6 – PDEA

BACOLOD City – The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) in Western Visayas said 105 barangay (village) officials in the region have links to the illegal drug trade, including 26 from Negros Occidental and Bacolod City. PDEA regional director Wardley Getalla said the alleged narco officials include 10 barangay captains and 95 kagawads or council members. […] The post 105 ‘narco officials’ in Region 6 – PDEA appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsMay 4th, 2018

PDEA 10 releases list of  barangay officials with alleged drug links

CAGAYAN DE ORO (MindaNews / 03 May) — The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) regional office here released on Thursday, the eve of the start of the campaign period for the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections, the names of 11 barangay officials with alleged links to drug syndicates in Region 10 (Northern Mindanao). PDEA region […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsMay 4th, 2018

Newly Released List of Narco-Politicians Baffles Tomas Osmeña

PDEA’s list of narco-politicians surprises Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña. “I’m surprised!… It just shows that they’re not in control,” Osmeña said. It was reported that of the 207 barangay officials who are linked on the illegal drug trade, no barangay official from Cebu was part of the list of narco-politicians that was released by […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsMay 2nd, 2018

League of Barangays tells PDEA to file cases if drug list verified

MANILA, Philippines – While the League of Barangays of the Philippines backs the government's anti-drug campaign, it's against the premature release of unverified information. So on Tuesday, May 1, the league called on the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA)  to immediately file cases against barangay officials it named in its controversial drug list ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 1st, 2018

After village execs, who’s next on drug agency’s list?

AFTER releasing the list of village (barangay) officials linked to illegal drugs, the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) said it wasn’t done yet as it prepared one identifying local officials – from the mayors all the way to the governors. PDEA Director Aaron Aquino said this new list contained the names of at least 93 [...] The post After village execs, who’s next on drug agency’s list? appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsMay 1st, 2018

SURPRISE, DENIAL: Molo village chief lands on ‘narco list’

GEMMA Calzado of Brgy. Kasing-Kasing, Molo, Iloilo City was among the 207 barangay officials included in the “narco list” released by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) on April 30, 2018. PDEA-6 regional director Wardley Getalla confirmed the inclusion of Calzado in the list or alleged protectors of the illegal drug trade. Getalla said the […] The post SURPRISE, DENIAL: Molo village chief lands on ‘narco list’ appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsApr 30th, 2018

PDEA bares bgy narco list

Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency finds it timely to make public names of bgy officials linked to drugs THERE was no stopping the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) from coming out with the list of 207 barangay officials into illegal drugs.….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsApr 30th, 2018

Barangay drug list not final — Palace

MALACAÑANG has yet to finalize the barangay narco list owing to some details that need to be added, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said as he defended the public release of the list of barangay officials allegedly linked to the narco trade. Roque also told Palace reporters that this was in….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsApr 30th, 2018

PDEA: Drug-linked governors, congressmen, mayors to be named next

MANILA, Philippines – After publicly accusing over 200 barangay officials of being involved in the illegal drug trade, the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA)  is not done yet. PDEA chief Director General Aaron Aquino announced on Monday, April 30, that they are holding 93 more names of officials they believe to be linked ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 30th, 2018

PDEA to file drug charges vs over 200 barangay officials, councilors

The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) is set to file charges against the 207 barangay captains and councilors involved in illegal drugs. “PDEA will be filing cases against the personalities in the list. While we have at hand pieces of evidence against them, PDEA is continuously conducting case build up for the case to be […] The post PDEA to file drug charges vs over 200 barangay officials, councilors appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsApr 30th, 2018

‘Not yet time to release barangay narco list’

Days after ordering the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) to release the barangay narco list, President Duterte said it was not yet time to reveal the names of village officials with alleged ties to illegal drug syndicates......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 30th, 2018

‘Narco’ officials’ list out this week

The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) will release the names of all 211 alleged barangay (village) narco officials who are on its drugs watchlist. In a news conference on Wednesday, PDEA Director Aaron Aquino said President Rodrigo Duterte had ordered him to release the names of the village officials who are allegedly involved in drugs. [...] The post ‘Narco’ officials’ list out this week appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsApr 26th, 2018

Release of PDEA list of narco-bgy execs urged

WHERE’S the drug list? A Mindanaoan solon asked the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), which earlier promised to reveal the names of barangay officials involved in illegal drugs. Iligan City Rep. Frederick Siao said now is the time to disclose the names of barangay officials linked to illegal activities since….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsApr 24th, 2018

Release barangay drug list? Año, Albayalde disagree

Should the names of barangay officials linked to the drug trade be made public in time for the elections?.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 16th, 2018