Advertisements


PNP Bicol chief vows crackdown on crime

PNP Bicol chief vows crackdown on crime.....»»

Category: newsSource: bicolstandard bicolstandardJul 13th, 2018

Cops clash anew with Albay crime group; firearms seized

LEGAZPI CITY --- Police have clashed anew with the notorious Concepcion Criminal Group, a gun-for-hire group involved in various crimes in the Bicol region, in Bato town, Camarines Sur on Sunday morning, police said. Chief Inspector Maria Luisa Calubaquib, Bicol police spokesperson, said members of the police mobile forces in Camarines Sur who were on patrol encounteredat least 10 members of the criminal group in Barangay Del Rosario around6:30 a.m. The encounter led to a 20-minute firefight where several members of the crime group were reportedly wounded, according to an initial police report. Police operatives recovered from the place of encounter an M4 Colt rifle, three handg...Keep on reading: Cops clash anew with Albay crime group; firearms seized.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 12th, 2018

Sorsogon City gets ready for formal declaration as drug cleared

Sorsogon City gets ready for formal declaration as 'drug cleared' Vox Bikol Tue, 03/07/2017 - 04:40 SORSOGON CITY, March 2 (PNA) —- This city will be declared “cleared” of illegal drugs in formal ceremonies to be attended by Chief Supt. Melvin Ramon Buenafe, director of Police Regional Office in Bicol (PRO5), at the Bibincahan Gymnasium here Friday. Sorsogon City is the last local government unit to be declared as drug-cleared in the province of Sorsogon since the intensified anti-narcotics drive of the government that was aimed at both high-profile and street level drug personalities started in July 2016. The Sorsogon City Anti-Drug Abuse Council (SCADAC) came up with the declaration as contained in its resolution No 1-2017 dated February 27. According to the resolution, all of the city’s 64 barangays have been declared as “drug-cleared” villages based on the declaration of their respective barangay councils and Barangay Anti-Drug Abuse Councils (BADAC). It also stated that the intensified operation of “Project Double Barrel” resulted in the total eradication of the presence of drug personalities and illegal drug activities in the city of Sorsogon.” City Mayor Sally Lee lauded the declaration as she attributed it to the relentless efforts of the community stakeholders, especially the Philippine National Police, barangay officials, schools, women, senior citizens, students and youth organizations. In January, PRO5 cited the Sorsogon Provincial Police Office (PPO) headed by Senior Supt. Ronaldo Cabral for recording the lowest crime rate among the six PPOs and one city PPO in Bicol for 2016. Cabral attributed this to the various community relations program of the PPO that proved effective in engaging various sectors in curbing the drug scourge that has been seen as contributing to the high incidence of crime in the province. Lee said the government remains steadfast in its commitment to maintain the city free from the perils of illegal drugs. “We will continue all programs and activities that have brought about this declaration even as we assure those who have surrendered that the city government will assist them in the best ways possible,” she stressed. PRO5 officials said their assessment of the performance of the PPOs in Bicol with regards to the government’s drug war uses the term “drug clear” as only the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) has the authority to declare a local government unit as drug-free. On Monday, the PNP is expected to reassume its leading role in the illegal drug campaign after the PNP was temporarily suspended from administering “Operation Tokhang” in the wake of a controversy that hounded the killing of a Korean businessman last month. The suspension prompted the government to hand over to PDEA the major role in the campaign with the PNP taking a supporting role. (PNA) LAP/GVR/BQL/CBD.....»»

Category: newsSource:  voxbikolRelated NewsAug 9th, 2018

Philippine police vow ‘surgical and chilling’ war on drugs, crime

Philippine police vowed on Monday to revamp and intensify a fight against crime and drugs, a week after President Rodrigo Duterte promised no letup in a bloody crackdown that has alarmed the international community. “Surgical and chilling will be the trademark of the reinvigorated anti-illegal drugs and anti-criminality campaign,” police chief Oscar Albayalde told a […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsJul 31st, 2018

NCRPO bares low Metro crime rate

THE National Capital Region Police Office has registered a record low average monthly crime rate in Metro Manila owing to the stepped-up crackdown against drugs and other forms of criminality ordered by Philippine National Police chief, Director General Oscar D. Albayalde, the NCRPO chief announced yesterday. A month after he….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMay 26th, 2018

Crime volume down nationwide -- Albayalde

CRIME volume across the country is down, Philippine National Police chief, Director General Oscar D. Albayalde said as he attributed the ‘very significant’ reduction in all types of crime to the ongoing crackdown against illegal drug trafficking and abuse. “Probably, the greatest impact of the war on drugs is the….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMay 14th, 2018

SABAH IS OURS! ‘Malaysia tightens grip on mineral-rich island of Sulu sultanate’

MALAYSIA HAS tightened its grip on Sabah which is being claimed by the Sultanate of Sulu following a proposal – by a member of the Philippines’ 25-man consultative committee tasked with reviewing and proposing amendments to the Constitution – to include the mineral-rich island as the country’s 13th federal state. Former senator Aquilino Pimentel Jr made the proposal while Filipino lawmakers are preparing to amend the 1987 Constitution and shift from presidential to federal form of government. He said the Duterte administration should continue to push for the country’s claim to Sabah in a way acceptable to international laws. “There should be a way that is acceptable under international laws to assert our claim to Sabah. I think we can defer it a little bit more, but to say that we stop doing it is not in the context of my proposal,” he told ABS-CBN Television recently. He also wanted Scarborough and Spratlys – which is being claimed by China and other ASEAN countries as theirs – to be part of the federated states of the Philippines.  Pimentel has also proposed the following to form part of the federal states Northern Luzon, Central Luzon, Southern Luzon, Bicol, Eastern Visayas, Central Visayas, Western Visayas, Minparom, Northern Mindanao, Southern Mindanao, Bangsamoro and Metro Manila as its capital. “Eventually once we have asserted our sovereignty and rights over Sabah, we should include Sabah. Not only Sabah, but also Scarborough, Benham Rise, and Spratlys,” Pimentel said. According to a report by Channel News Asia, Kuala Lumpur has strongly rejected Pimentel’s proposal to include Sabah as a federal state of the Philippines. “Malaysia is aware of remarks made by Mr Aquilino Pimentel Jr, a member of the Philippines’ Consultative Committee, which appeared in the media on the claim on Sabah recently,” it said, citing Malaysian Foreign Minister Anifah Aman as saying in a press statement. “The Government of Malaysia reiterates its position that Malaysia does not recognise and will not entertain any claims by any party on Sabah. Sabah is recognised by the United Nations and the international community as part of Malaysia since the formation of the Federation on 16 September 1963,” Anifah said. “Therefore, statements such as these will only expose the ignorance of history and international law of those who make them, as well as potentially harming the excellent bilateral relations which Malaysia and the Philippines currently enjoy.” Death Sentence Just last month, Malaysia’s Supreme Court upheld the death sentence for 9 Filipinos who were charged with waging war against the Malaysian King during the 2013 assault on Lahad Datu in Sabah. The Filipinos have been identified as Julham Rashid, 70; Virgilio Nemar Patulada, 53; Salib Akhmad Emali, 65; Tani Lahad Dahi, 64; Basad Manuel, 42; Datu Amirbahar Hushin Kiram, 54; Atik Hussin Abu Bakar, 46; Al Wazir Osman, 62; and Ismail Yasin, 77. Chief Justice Md Raus Sharif said the January 15 decision of the five-man panel of the Federal Court was unanimous, according to reports by The Star and Asia News Network, adding, the panel agreed with the Court of Appeal that the death sentence was the most appropriate based on the findings of the facts of the case. The other judges were Chief Judge of Malaya Ahmad Maarop, Chief Judge of Sabah and Sarawak Richard Malanjun, and Justices Ramly Ali and Azahar Mohamed. Basad Manuel is the son of the Jamalul Kiram III, the self-proclaimed Sultan of Sulu, who died from multiple organ failure in Manila in 2013. The bloody incursion by some 200 followers of Kiram from the southern Philippines in February 2013 was inspired by the supposed sultan’s claims of historical dominion over Sabah. The two-month siege was the most serious security crisis faced by Malaysia in years, involving armed conflict between the Sultan’s loyal followers and the Malaysian armed forces sent to root them out. The panel also dismissed the prosecution’s appeal against the acquittal of 14 men on the charge of waging war against the King and terrorist-related offences linked to the intrusion from Feb 12 to April 10, 2013, the reports further said. Chief Justice Md Raus said the panel has no reason to decide otherwise and affirmed the decision by the Court of Appeal delivered last June. At the height of fighting between Kiram’s followers and security forces, Malaysia deployed armoured vehicles and combat helicopters, including naval boats in an effort to flush out the Filipinos on the oil-rich island being claimed by both sides. About a dozen armoured personnel vehicles arrived in the town of Lahad Datu to support ground troops hunting down at least 50 members of the Sultanate of Sulu headed by Raja Muda Agbimuddin, the sultan’s younger brother. The group intruded Sabah in February 2013 to exert claim over Sabah, citing historical and legal claims, but Malaysia rejected this and launched a massive assault on about 200 of the sultan’s men following a deadline for them to surrender peacefully. The assault by Malaysian jets and ground artilleries left at least 62 intruders dead, but the fighting between the two groups also killed and wounded 18 Malaysian policemen and soldiers. Malaysia arrested more than 300 Filipinos who are suspected of supporting or aiding Raja Muda Agbimuddin’s group under a strict anti-terrorism law. More than 2,000 Filipino Muslims have returned to Sulu and Tawi-Tawi provinces after fleeing Sabah in 2013 for fear they would be arrested in a massive crackdown launched by Malaysian on illegal immigrants and […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsFeb 3rd, 2018

Tougher war on drugs, crime, graft vowed

PHILIPPINE National Police chief Director General Ronald ‘Bato’ M. dela Rosa on Monday vowed a much tougher crackdown against drugs, criminality and corruption this year with an assurance it would be a “less bloody” war against illegal drug trafficking and abuse. “My fellow officers, great responsibilities remain on our shoulders.….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJan 9th, 2018

Indonesian official wants Philippine-style drug war

Indonesia's anti-drugs chief has supported implementing a bloody crackdown on traffickers like the war on crime in the Philippines that has left almost 3,000 dead......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsSep 7th, 2016

New MGB Chief vows crackdown vs. irresponsible mining

New MGB Chief vows crackdown vs. irresponsible mining.....»»

Category: newsSource:  bicolstandardRelated NewsAug 5th, 2016

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte defends deadly crime crackdown in national address

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte vows big reforms to tackle chronic economic flaws and defends his pursuit of a deadly anti-narcotics war, saying drugs were drowning his country and human rights a.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJul 25th, 2016

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte defends deadly crime crackdown in national address

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte vows big reforms to tackle chronic economic flaws and defends his pursuit of a deadly anti-narcotics war, saying drugs were drowning his country and human rights a.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJul 25th, 2016

New Bicol PNP Chief declares war vs drugs, crime

By Jorge Hallare LEGAZPI CITY, — Police Chief Supt. Melvin Marlon G. Buenafe is the new and 15th Regional Director of Police Regional Office 5 (PRO5) as he assumed office in “acting” capacity after the turnover ceremonies held at the gra.....»»

Category: newsSource:  bicolmailRelated NewsJul 17th, 2016

402 drug offenders jailed

A TOTAL of 402 crime offenders, 143 of them wanted for various criminal acts were hauled to jail by agents of the Police Regional Office 4-B last month, PRO4-B director, Chief Superintendent Emmanuel Luis D. Licup reported yesterday. The official said of the 143, 12 were included in the list….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsAug 11th, 2018

Several members of Albay crime group wounded in clash, police say

LEGAZPI CITY - Several members of a criminal group operating in the Bicol region, particularly in Albay province, were wounded in an encounter with policemen on Friday in Libon town. Members of the.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsAug 10th, 2018

Top cop cites PNP gains in own SONA

PHILIPPINE National Police chief, Director General Oscar D. Albayalde on Wednesday paid tribute to the gallant men and women of the 175,000-strong police force as he bared the PNP’s major accomplishments in fighting drugs and crime, terrorism and rogues in uniform in his own address to the nation during the….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsAug 9th, 2018

DOST chief to resign if PAGASA, Phivolcs moved to disaster resilience department

LEGAZPI CITY, Philippines – Science Secretary Fortunato de la Peña said he will resign if two agencies under his department are moved to the proposed Department of Disaster Resilience (DDR).  De la Peña made the statement in a news briefing at the Bicol University College of Engineering on Wednesday, August 8, ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsAug 9th, 2018

Rallos’ kin free to seek any agency’s help, police chief says

THE family of a slain Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) 7 official can ask any agency for help in investigating the crime, a police official said. “If they trust other law enforcement agencies, they are free to go there. But we are just telling you, don’t close your eyes to what’s happening. Who are these… link: Rallos’ kin free to seek any agency’s help, police chief says.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsAug 4th, 2018

PNP to beef up police presence after Basilan blast

The Philippine National Police (PNP) will intensify its police presence and crime prevention operations to prevent other terror attacks like the bombing in Lamitan, Basilan, PNP chief Director Gene.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsAug 1st, 2018

If choppers from Jordan do not arrive, Duterte vows resuming salvo of curses

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte's patience appears to be wearing thin. The Philippine leader said he would resume his tirades against Jordanian prince Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein, the United Nations human rights chief, if Manila does not receive two choppers from Jordan soon. "Hanggang ngayon wala pa yung helicopter. Bantay ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsAug 1st, 2018

Pact to improve policing system inked

By: Vicente W. Villavert SAN JOSE, Antique – The provincial governor, PNP, National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) and the Citizen Crime Watch signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) aimed at strengthening the policing system dubbed Community Service Oriented Policing or CSOP. NAPOLCOM-6 Investigation Unit Chief Jorelyne Gasataya said the CSOP is geared towards the promotion of […] The post Pact to improve policing system inked appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsAug 1st, 2018