Advertisements


PH Apologizes to Kuwait Over Embassy-Led ‘Rescue’ Ops

Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano on Tuesday apologized to the Kuwaiti government over the issue of embassy-led assistance operations in the Gulf state, where distressed Filipinas in grave situations were “rescued.” “I apologize to my counterpart and we apologize to the Kuwait government, the Kuwaiti people and the leaders of Kuwait […].....»»

Category: newsSource: metrocebu metrocebuApr 25th, 2018

Embassy drivers in Kuwait OFW rescue released

Kuwait on Wednesday released four Philippine Embassy drivers who were detained following “rescue” operations of distressed Filipino workers in the Gulf state, which plunged the relations between the two countries to an all-time low......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 9th, 2018

Team sent by President already in Kuwait

Talks between a Philippine delegation sent by President Rodrigo Duterte and Kuwaiti officials bore positive results, according to an official in contact with the team.   The trip to Kuwait led by Abdullah Mama-o, presidential adviser on overseas Filipino workers and Muslim concerns, was productive, according to an official of the National Commission on Filipino Muslims (NCMF).   Dimapuno Alonto Datu Ramos Jr., director of the NCMF's External Affairs Bureau, told Inquirer by phone that Mama-o and his team had been meeting Kuwaiti officials over the diplomatic row triggered by an operation by the Philippine Embassy there to rescue Filipino workers from abusive Kuwaiti...Keep on reading: Team sent by President already in Kuwait.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 7th, 2018

Foreign affairs chief slams detractors

“I’VE never said that I am running again.” Foreign Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano made this clarification amid news reports that the video showing embassy-led rescue operations of distressed Filipinos in Kuwait is a publicity stunt for the presidential elections. “Kung gagamitin ko sa pulitika, ‘di ako na pumunta doon, ako….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2018

PH taking ‘multiple routes’ to repair diplomatic relations with Kuwait

The Philippine government is taking “multiple routes” to repair diplomatic ties with Kuwait following the embassy-led rescue operations of distressed Filipinos that angered the Gulf nation, DFA Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano said. PH taking ‘multiple routes’ to repair diplomatic relations with Kuwait The Philippine government is taking Source link: PH taking ‘multiple routes’ to repair diplomatic relations with Kuwait.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2018

Cayetano Denies Kuwait Rescue Video Out of Politicking

The video showing embassy-led rescue operations of distressed Filipinos in Kuwait is not a publicity stunt for the presidential elections, Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano said Wednesday evening. “If I will be using it for politics, I should have come to Kuwait, and rescued the Filipina myself,” Cayetano said in an interview with reporters […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2018

FACT CHECK: Kuwait did not apologize over diplomatic row

Claim: The blog dailyinsights.today published a story claiming that Kuwait has apologized to President Rodrigo Duterte over a diplomatic row sparked by rescue operations conducted by officials of the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait.  The story was posted on Facebook page SNP - Social News Philippines , which claimed ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2018

Escudero: Duterte must not say sorry to Kuwait

Sen. Francis "Chiz" Escudero has backed President Rodrigo Duterte's decision to stop the deployment of Filipino workers to Kuwait, saying the administration should not shirk its duty to protect the workers and should not be subservient to other countries.   Escudero, in a television interview, also rejected suggestions that the President should apologize to Kuwait for the conduct of Philippine Embassy officials during a mission to rescue distressed workers.   "That subservient tone and that subservient attitude is actually what got us here right now," Escudero said on ANC.   He noted that in 2016 alone, 200 Filipino workers were killed and 22 others commi...Keep on reading: Escudero: Duterte must not say sorry to Kuwait.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2018

Cayetano: No crime in rescue of distressed OFWs in Kuwait

Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Cayetano insists that no crime was committed in the rescue of distressed Filipinos in Kuwait that caused the expulsion of Philippine Ambassador Renato Villa and the issuance of warrants of arrests to embassy personnel......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 2nd, 2018

Who posted rescue videos?

NOBODY wants take responsibility for the video showing embassy officials rescuing distressed Filipino workers in Kuwait that led to the diplomatic row between the Philippines and Kuwait. The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has not issued any clarification regarding the video that went viral, particularly who gave the go signal for it to be posted [...] The post Who posted rescue videos? appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsApr 29th, 2018

PH convinced OFW rescue in Kuwait a rightful exercise of duty – Cayetano

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine government remains "convinced" that the controversial rescue operations of overseas Filipino workers (OFW) in Kuwait were part of its "rightful exercise" of duty to protect nationals abroad. This was the latest statement of Foreign Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano on Saturday, April 28 over the Philippine embassy's ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 28th, 2018

Government ‘disturbed’ by Kuwait expulsion of Philippines envoy

The Philippines sees the expulsion of its ambassador to Kuwait as “deeply disturbing” and “inconsistent” with assurances from the tiny oil-rich state that relations remain normal despite the controversy sparked by the clandestine rescue of distressed overseas Filipino workers by embassy staff......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 27th, 2018

Kuwait issues arrest warrants vs 3 Filipino diplomats

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippines confirmed on Thursday, April 26, that Kuwait has issued arrest warrants against 3 Filipino diplomats, while 4 of the embassy's Filipino hires remain in detention. The Philippines' ambassador in Kuwait, Renato Villa,  was expelled  after the embassy's rescue of abused overseas Filipino workers ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 26th, 2018

Cayetano backs OFW rescue amid row with Kuwait

By Arjay L. Balinbin, Reporter FOREIGN AFFAIRS Secretary Alan Peter S. Cayetano on Thursday stood by rescue efforts of the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait for distressed Filipino workers there, amid an escalating row between the Philippines and the Persian Gulf state which recalled its Manila ambassador and expelled the Filipino ambassador there. “We will always […] The post Cayetano backs OFW rescue amid row with Kuwait appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsApr 26th, 2018

Sotto hits Kuwait over ejection, arrest of PH embassy execs

    Senate Majority Leader Vicente "Tito" Sotto III lashed out at the Kuwaiti government on Thursday for its treatment of Philippine embassy officials and staff embroiled in the rescue mission of distressed Filipino housemaids there.   "Your question is whether it's right for them to treat our embassy officials that way? I don't think so," Sotto said at a regular forum in the Senate.   "I was trying to be diplomatic --- pero bottom line, kung ayaw nila sa atin, ayaw din naman natin sa kanila eh, mas lalo namang ayaw natin," he added.   While he recognized that Kuwait has to impose its own rules and laws, Sotto said the Philippine embas...Keep on reading: Sotto hits Kuwait over ejection, arrest of PH embassy execs.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 26th, 2018

PH Embassy rescue efforts in Kuwait get senators’ nod

SOME senators on Wednesday expressed their support to the assistance being extended by the Philippine Embassy to distressed overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in Kuwait, saying the welfare of Filipinos should be a priority. Senators Joseph Victor Ejercito and Francis Escudero, both members of the Senate Committee on Labor, Employment and Human Resources Development, said it [...] The post PH Embassy rescue efforts in Kuwait get senators’ nod appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsApr 26th, 2018

Kuwait expels Philippine envoy

The country did not lose face in apologizing to Kuwait after the Gulf state protested the rescue of distressed Filipinos by Philippine embassy officials, senators said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 26th, 2018

Kuwait gives PH envoy one week to leave amid dispute

KUWAIT CITY --- Kuwait on Wednesday gave a one-week deadline for Philippine Ambassador Renato Villa to leave the small, oil-rich Gulf Arab nation over a growing diplomatic dispute regarding the abuse of Filipina housemaids and workers in the country. Kuwait also recalled its own ambassador from Manila over the row, according to a bulletin on the state-run KUNA news agency. The Philippines had no immediate comment on the decision. The announcement came after Kuwait summoned the Philippines ambassador over comments he made that were reported in local press about the embassy's effort to rescue domestic workers who are abused by their employers. Villa was quoted as saying his...Keep on reading: Kuwait gives PH envoy one week to leave amid dispute.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 25th, 2018

Palace Hopes PH-Kuwaiti Issues to Be Resolved Soon

Malacañang on Tuesday hoped that issues between the governments of the Philippines and Kuwait will be resolved soon following the apology issued by Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano to the Kuwaiti government over the embassy-led rescue of distressed overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in the Gulf state. “We remain optimistic that other issues between the […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsApr 25th, 2018

PH Apologizes to Kuwait Over Embassy-Led ‘Rescue’ Ops

Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano on Tuesday apologized to the Kuwaiti government over the issue of embassy-led assistance operations in the Gulf state, where distressed Filipinas in grave situations were “rescued.” “I apologize to my counterpart and we apologize to the Kuwait government, the Kuwaiti people and the leaders of Kuwait […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsApr 25th, 2018

Gov t apologizes to Kuwait over OFW rescue

Gov t apologizes to Kuwait over OFW rescue.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsApr 25th, 2018