Advertisements


We are sorry, the requested page does not exist




Briton falls to death at 2022 Qatar World Cup stadium site

ROB HARRIS, AP Global Soccer Writer A British man fell to his death this week at a World Cup stadium building site in Qatar, where construction conditions have come under sharp scrutiny since the country was awarded the 2022 soccer tournament. The 40-year-old man has not been named by World Cup organizers or the company overseeing the building of the Khalifa International Stadium , which will also host the world track championships in 2019. The contractor, a joint venture between Belgian and Qatari firms, said it was still working with local authorities to establish the cause of Thursday's death. br /> 'The fatal accident took place while the worker was on a suspended catwalk platform designed to manage technical functions relating to sound and light installations,' Midmac-Six Construct said in a statement Friday. 'For unknown reasons one of the lever hoists supporting the platform failed, causing the fall of the worker, who was wearing all his safety equipment, including the safety harness. br /> 'Sadly, the harness was cut during the fall with a fatal outcome. What caused the cut is subject to further investigation.' br /> The stadium, which was first built on the site in 1976, is next to the Aspire sports academy and is described by organizers as 'Qatar's most historic stadium.' br /> 'All parties concerned will carefully review the circumstances of the accident and commit to take any necessary measures that can prevent its recurrence,' Midmac-Six Construct said. br /> Qatar's World Cup organizing committee is also investigating the incident and said it 'shares our deepest condolences with the family for their loss.' br /> Qatar has previously announced the death of four stadium workers, with one fatality the result of a work-related accident. br /> The focus of the scrutiny has been on Qatar's use of a low-paid, migrant workforce to build the sites for the first World Cup in the Middle East, but the organizers are also relying on expertise from Europeans to oversee projects. br /> FIFA, which awarded the World Cup to Qatar in a 2010 vote, said it 'deeply regrets the loss of life' at the stadium. br /> 'It is with great sadness that we send our sincere condolences to the victim's family and colleagues,' FIFA said in a statement. br />   .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 20th, 2017

Business opportunities for the country

I will be among the first to laud the excellent performance and good business practice of the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) under director genera.....»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 20th, 2017

Kiko seeks probe of fake news sites

Sen. Francis “Kiko” N. Pa-ngilinan yesterday sought an in-depth inquiry, in aid of legislation, on the proliferation of misinformation and fake news sites in social media platforms......»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsJan 19th, 2017

The Philippine government has reportedly shut down a range of adult sites - Inquirer

The Philippine government has reportedly shut down a range of adult sites - Inquirer.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 19th, 2017

PornHub and other adult sites blocked in Philippines - International Business Times UK

PornHub and other adult sites blocked in Philippines - International Business Times UK.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 18th, 2017

TXTPower: No due process on NTC ‘takedown’ order of porn sites

TXTPower: No due process on NTC ‘takedown’ order of porn sites.....»»

Category: newsSource:  davaotodayRelated NewsJan 18th, 2017

Senators back government order to block porn sites

MANILA, Philippines –  Sen. Grace Poe on Tuesday said she supports the government’s move to block websites that allegedly distribute child pornography......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 18th, 2017

Porn sites blocked as NTC cracks down on child pornography - GMA News

Porn sites blocked as NTC cracks down on child pornography - GMA News.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 18th, 2017

Philippines Blocks Adult Sites After Topping Pornhub Survey Again - Vocativ

Philippines Blocks Adult Sites After Topping Pornhub Survey Again - Vocativ.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 17th, 2017

Lapu-Lapu City to Shut Down Cell Sites During Miss Universe Event on Jan. 17-18

Lapu-Lapu City to Shut Down Cell Sites During Miss Universe Event on Jan. 17-18.....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsJan 16th, 2017

Kolorum na online casino sa PEZA accredited buildings ipinabubusisi ni Pang. Digong

SA WAKAS mayroong isang Pangulo ng bansa na nasilip ang mga mapanlansi at mandarayang online casino na namamayagpag sa mga accredited buildings ng Philippine Economic Zone Activity (PEZA). Sabi nga ni Pangulong Rodrigo “Digong” Duterte walang napapala ang gobyerno sa operasyon ng online gambling sa bansa dahil ang isinusugal na pera ay sa ibang bansa ........»»

Category: filipinoSource:  hatawtabloidRelated NewsJan 16th, 2017

Kolorum na online casino sa PEZA accredited buildings ipinabubusisi ni Pang. Digong

SA WAKAS mayroong isang Pangulo ng bansa na nasilip ang mga mapanlansi at mandarayang online casino na namamayagpag sa mga accredited buildings ng Philippine Economic Zone Activity (PEZA). Sabi nga ni Pangulong Rodrigo “Digong” Duterte walang napapala ang gobyerno sa operasyon ng online gambling sa bansa dahil ang isinusugal na pera ay sa ibang bansa ........»»

Category: filipinoSource:  hatawtabloidRelated NewsJan 16th, 2017

PEZA wants Malacañang relocated to Mauban, Quezon

PEZA wants Malacañang relocated to Mauban, Quezon.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJan 15th, 2017

Some porn sites blocked in PH

Some porn sites blocked in PH.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJan 15th, 2017

With Cebu City cell sites down, Sinulog revelers switch to FireChat

With Cebu City cell sites down, Sinulog revelers switch to FireChat.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJan 15th, 2017

With Cebu City cell sites down, Sinulog revelers switch to FireChat - Rappler

With Cebu City cell sites down, Sinulog revelers switch to FireChat - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 14th, 2017
Category: newsSource:  manila_shimbunRelated NewsJan 13th, 2017

PEZA to offer cheaper power to Mindanao ecozone locators

MANILA, Philippines - The government will soon offer economic zone locators in Mindanao cheaper power rates in its bid to attract more investors......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 13th, 2017

Cebu Bankers Vow to Keep ATMs Online Even with Cell Sites Shut Down

Cebu Bankers Vow to Keep ATMs Online Even with Cell Sites Shut Down.....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsJan 13th, 2017

A region nature has truly gifted

HARDLY is there any mention of Davao in major publications as a must-go major destination. This denied and deprives Manila readers of the opportunities to experience and savor the sites and amenities the Davao region and Davao City can offer......»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsJan 12th, 2017