Advertisements


Peace adviser welcomes Sara Duterte’s opposition to resumption of peace talks

Peace adviser welcomes Sara Duterte’s opposition to resumption of peace talks.....»»

Category: newsSource: rappler rapplerApr 17th, 2018

Peace adviser welcomes Sara Duterte’s opposition to the resumption of peace talks

Peace adviser welcomes Sara Duterte’s opposition to the resumption of peace talks.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 16th, 2018

Mayor Duterte to Rep. Casilao: My position on peace talks reflects sentiment of Dabawenyos

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 17 April) – City Mayor Sara Duterte lashed out at Anakpawis Rep. Ariel Casilao for criticizing her for her opposition to the resumption of peace negotiations between the government and the National Democratic Front of the Philippines, saying her position reflected the sentiment of most Dabawenyos. The mayor had asked her […] The post Mayor Duterte to Rep. Casilao: My position on peace talks reflects sentiment of Dabawenyos appeared first on MindaNews......»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsApr 17th, 2018

Doors for resumption of GRP-NDFP talks still open – Dureza

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 5 July) – Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (PAPP) Secretary Jesus Dureza said the doors for the resumption of the peace talks between government (GRP) and National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) are still open but the communists must agree to the conditions of President Rodrigo R. Duterte. In […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsJul 5th, 2018

Duterte sets conditions for peace talks

THE Philippine government has set conditions yesterday for the resumption of peace talks, among them, that the next round of talks with the Reds should be held in the Philippines. In a statement yesterday , Chief Peace Adviser Jesus Dureza said “the doors for the resumption of peace talks with….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJul 5th, 2018

Duterte wants talks in PH; Joma sees sabotage

Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) founding chair Jose Maria Sison on Friday accused President Duterte of sabotaging the peace talks to lay the ground for imposing martial law nationwide by indefinitely postponing the negotiations and insisting on holding them in the Philippines.   Mr. Duterte on Thursday said he wanted the resumption of the peace talks with communist rebels to be held in the Philippines next month, not late in June as was previously agreed upon during informal talks in the Netherlands, according to his peace adviser Jesus Dureza.   In response to the government's announcement, Sison late on Thursday reminded Mr. Duterte that the negotiators f...Keep on reading: Duterte wants talks in PH; Joma sees sabotage.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 16th, 2018

Peace talks hit snag anew

The much-awaited resumption of the formal peace negotiations between the government of the Philippines and the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) will not push through this month as President Rodrigo Duterte wants more consultations with the public. In a statement issued yesterday, Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP) Secretary Jesus Dureza said […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

No peace talks yet with reds

THE resumption of peace negotiations between the government and communist rebels will not proceed on June 28 as the Duterte administration wants to hold more consultations with the public.Presidential Peace Adviser Jesus Dureza made the announcement yesterday, pointing out it is important to get the support of the people in….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

STATEMENT: Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte: “no to peace talks”

(Statement of Mayor Sara Duterte on the resumption of peace talks with the National Democratic Front, released by the City Information Office on 13 April 2018)  Respectfully, I am asking President Rodrigo Duterte to reconsider his decision to reopen the negotiations with the National Democratic Front of the Philippines. I believe the insurgency problem can […] The post STATEMENT: Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte: “no to peace talks” appeared first on MindaNews......»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsApr 14th, 2018

Jalandoni: 2-month deadline to start peace talks ‘doable’

LUCENA CITY --- The two-month deadline set by President Rodrigo Duterte for the resumption of peace talks between the government and communist rebels is "doable," according to Luis Jalandoni, former chairman of the National Democratic Front of the Philippines (NDFP) panel and now its senior adviser. Jalandoni also revealed on Sunday that there would be a back-channel talks between the NDFP and government representatives scheduled from April 9 to 13 in Utrecht in the Netherlands. "The deadline is doable at least for the signing of the Agrarian Reform and Rural Development and National Industrialization and Economic Development, major parts of Caser," Jalandoni, who is in Utrecht...Keep on reading: Jalandoni: 2-month deadline to start peace talks ‘doable’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 8th, 2018

Sison seeks talks on Duterte conditions

Exiled communist leader Jose Maria Sison on Thursday welcomed the possible reopening of peace negotiations, and urged the government and rebel negotiators to formally convene soon to thresh out disputes hampering the resumption of the talks.   President Duterte had directed his peace adviser, Jesus Dureza, to find ways to resume the talks, which the former halted last November because of continued attacks by the New People's Army (NPA), the armed wing of the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP).   As his conditions for the resumption of the talks, Mr. Duterte wants a complete stop to NPA attacks and the collection of revolutionary taxes and for the rebels to dro...Keep on reading: Sison seeks talks on Duterte conditions.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 6th, 2018

Duterte on GRP-NDF peace talks: “Let’s give this another last chance”

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 04 April) —  President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday directed the government peace panel to work on the resumption of the peace talks with the National Democratic Front (NDF), Secretary Jesus Dureza, Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process said in a statement. “Let’s give this another last chance,” Dureza quoted the President […] The post Duterte on GRP-NDF peace talks: “Let’s give this another last chance” appeared first on MindaNews......»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsApr 5th, 2018

Duterte orders ‘last chance’ for peace talks with Reds

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte ordered his men during the Cabinet meeting on Wednesday, April 4, to support the resumption of talks with communist rebels responsible for Asia's longest-running communist insurgency. "Let's give this another last chance," chief peace adviser Jesus Dureza quoted Duterte as saying.  Dureza said the President ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 4th, 2018

Duterte sets conditions to resume talks with Reds

MANILA: President Rodrigo 'Rody' Duterte imposed four conditions for the resumption of peace talks with communist rebels including a stop to their extortion activities under the guise of.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJul 8th, 2018

For Mayor Sara, Peace 911 instead of localized peace talks

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 07 July) — Mayor Sara Duterte will focus on extending development programs in insurgency-affected areas of the city than pursue localized peace talks with the communist guerillas as she proposed last year. “We have already tried it and we have learned that it would be better if we deliver development initiatives […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsJul 8th, 2018

Gov’t insists peace talks with Reds must be held on PH soil

THE Philippine government yesterday set conditions for the resumption of peace talks, among them that the next round of talks with the Reds should be held in the Philippines. In a statement, Chief Peace Adviser Jesus Dureza said “the doors for the resumption of peace talks with the NDFP are….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJul 5th, 2018

Esperon likens Reds to IS terrorists

Hermogenes Esperon --JOAN BONDOC Seemingly validating claims that the Duterte administration was scuttling peace talks with communist insurgents, National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon Jr. de.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJul 2nd, 2018

Joma Sison: No more peace talks with Duterte administration

Communist rebels would rather join movements to oust President Rodrigo Duterte than push through with the stalled peace negotiations, National Democratic Front of the Philippines political adviser Jose Maria "Joma" Sison said......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 28th, 2018

Military dismisses Joma Sison’s oust Duterte threat

The Armed Forces of the Philippines has dismissed as “old hat” the warning of Communist Party of the Philippines founding chairman Jose Ma. Sison that a people’s war is now advancing for President Duterte’s ouster following his decision to suspend the resumption of peace talks......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 23rd, 2018

NAPC, Mindanao leaders ask Duterte for resumption of peace talks

Apprehensive that the re-scheduling of the peace talks could further result to the escalation of the armed conflict and dislocation of civilians especially in the countryside, Mindanao multi-sectoral leaders have asked the Duterte administration to push for the resumption of the negotiation and to “do all the necessary steps and forward reforms that would end poverty in all forms.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  davaotodayRelated NewsJun 22nd, 2018

Communist rebels OK 3-month postponement of peace talks

MANILA, Philippines – The National Democratic Front (NDF) accepted President Rodrigo Duterte's decision to postpone the formal resumption of peace talks for 3 months pending the review of all signed agreements. The NDF released a statement on Thursday, June 21, saying it agrees "to continue peace negotiations and to overcome obstacles ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 21st, 2018