Advertisements


Palace: Killings of priests aim to discredit Duterte s anti-crime drive

Palace: Killings of priests aim to discredit Duterte s anti-crime drive.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource: pep pepJun 13th, 2018

Duterte: Teen killings meant to discredit police anti-crime efforts

MANILA, Philippines (First published Sept......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 9th, 2017

Duterte claims teen killings meant to discredit police anti-crime efforts

MANILA, Philippines — The string of police killings of teenagers may be part of a broader effort to discredit the government's "anti-crime efforts," Presiden.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 8th, 2017

Trillanes asks world court to hasten probe of Duterte crime against humanity after admission on killings

SEN. Antonio Trillanes 4th on Friday asked the International Criminal Court (ICC) to expedite the investigation of the crime against humanity allegedly committed by President Rodrigo Duterte against the Filipinos. The embattled senator made the call after the President admitted on Thursday that his “only sin was extrajudicial killings.” Asked to comment on the Palace [...] The post Trillanes asks world court to hasten probe of Duterte crime against humanity after admission on killings appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsSep 28th, 2018

Solon says Duterte’s anti-drug drive a failure

WITH thousands of deaths already recorded, the government’s anti-illegal drugs campaign has become front and center of issues in the local and international community. But while the people are becoming aware of the illegal drugs problem in the country and crime rate went down, except for murder and homicide, the Duterte regime’s Drug war is […] The post Solon says Duterte’s anti-drug drive a failure appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsJul 22nd, 2018

Palace: No culture of impunity in Philippines

Despite the assassination of two mayors in a span of hours, Malacañang insisted yesterday there is no culture of impunity in the country and instead blamed the killings on groups out to discredit President Duterte......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 4th, 2018

Duterte s anti-criminality drive long on suppression short on prevention

Senator Panfilo Lacson said Sunday that the present administration has given aggressive focus on “crime suppression” rather “crime prevention” in its war against criminality and illegal drugs.   Source link link: Duterte's anti-criminality drive long on suppression short on prevention.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJul 1st, 2018

Faces of the News: God

God grabbed the headlines last week when President Rodrigo Duterte called him "stupid," enraging the Catholic Church and other religious groups as they rallied behind the Creator, while the Palace scampered to do damage control.   The President, in one of his rambling speeches in Davao City, had pondered the Creation story and asked: "Who is this stupid God? You created something perfect and then you think of an event that would destroy the quality of your work."   The Church --- reeling from the recent killings of Catholic priests --- and other religious groups protested the President's attack on God, with some Christian leaders warning that the President was invit...Keep on reading: Faces of the News: God.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 30th, 2018

Palace decries drug war study

MALACAÑANG yesterday assailed a study by some of the country’s top schools claiming that poor Filipinos are the most vulnerable in the government’s anti-narcotics drive. The study said there were 5,021 drug-related killings reported by various media organizations from May 10, 2016 to September 29, 2017. The research indicated the….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJun 26th, 2018

Duterte’s anti-crime efforts gain ‘significant strides’ — Palace

THE decline in the number of families victimized by common crimes showed “significant strides” in President Rodrigo Duterte’s anti-crime campaign and a big “boost to the morale” of law enforcers, his spokesman said. “Crimes continue to decline,” Secretary Harry Roque said in a statement, following a survey, which showed that fewer families have reported falling [...] The post Duterte’s anti-crime efforts gain ‘significant strides’ — Palace appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJun 22nd, 2018

‘Anti-Tambay’ Drive Is Crime Prevention: Palace

Malacañang on Thursday defended the government’s campaign against tambay (loiterers), saying it is part of the crime prevention to clean the streets of criminals. “I just want to clarify that this campaign against tambay is really part of crime prevention,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque in a Palace media briefing. Roque said the campaign is also […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsJun 22nd, 2018

Palace open to dialogue with church leaders

Malacañang has not closed its doors on the Catholic Church despite the verbal attacks by President Duterte in the wake of the recent killings of priests, presidential spokesman Harry Roque Jr. said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

Hontiveros urges Senate inquiry into killing of 3 priests

  Are Catholic priests now the target of "tokhang" operations?   Sen. Risa Hontiveros raised this question on Wednesday as she sought a Senate inquiry into the killing of priests amid President Rodrigo Duterte's verbal attacks on Catholic clergy critical of his war on drugs and other abuses.   The President has accused priests of hypocrisy and corruption for supposedly seeking favors from politicians.   Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, however, said the President "never incited these killings."   The President was even alarmed by the killings and ordered an "intensified" campaign against crime, he added.   "We join ...Keep on reading: Hontiveros urges Senate inquiry into killing of 3 priests.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

Duterte denies persecuting priests

President Rodrigo Duterte denied on Wednesday that he was persecuting priests with his verbal attacks against the clergy. At the oath-taking of newly promoted officials of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) he said he did not say anything against Catholic priests. Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque also earlier explained that the President's "verbal attacks" against the Catholic Church has nothing to do with the growing number of priests that have been killed since December 2017. READ: Palace: No link between Duterte's attacks and priests' killings Roque issued the statement a day afterArchbishop Socrates "Soc" Villegas said assassins could have been "emboldened" by...Keep on reading: Duterte denies persecuting priests.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 13th, 2018

Palace sees hand of lawless elements in priests’ killing

MALACAÑANG yesterday said lawless elements are out to discredit government efforts against criminality by sowing division through acts such as the killing of priests. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque made the statement after Lingayen-Dagupan Archbishop Socrates Villegas called on President Rodrigo Duterte to stop his verbal attacks on the Catholic Church….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJun 13th, 2018

Palace, intl media group laud Filipino journalist for winning Pulitzer

MALACANANG on Tuesday lauded a Filipino journalist who won a Pulitzer Prize for his reporting on President Rodrigo Duterte’s war on drugs but maintained that administration’s anti-narcotics campaign was legitimate. Speaking to reporters in Boracay, Palace spokesman Harry Roque reiterated that alleged drug-related killings were not state-sanctioned and that police would act within the law. “Definitely, I’d [...] The post Palace, intl media group laud Filipino journalist for winning Pulitzer appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsApr 17th, 2018

Duterte on killing drug suspects: ‘It’s a destiny thing’

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte made a vigorous defense of his war on drugs, stressing that the killings of the suspects in the anti-narcotics campaign was a “destiny” to face death. In a speech during the Anti-Corruption Summit staged by the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) in Pasay City [...] The post Duterte on killing drug suspects: ‘It’s a destiny thing’ appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsNov 29th, 2017

EDITORIAL - Weak link

If President Duterte wants his anti-crime drive to succeed, one agency that needs his attention is the Bureau of Immigration......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 2nd, 2016

Philippines upholds rule of law – Yasay

MANILA, Philippines - The Duterte administration does not condone unlawful killings in its anti-crime campaign as it is firmly committed to respecting and up.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 16th, 2016

De Lima to Duterte: Senate probe to help in anti-crime drive

De Lima to Duterte: Senate probe to help in anti-crime drive.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsAug 15th, 2016

UN slams killings; drug lords tagged

THE United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime on Thursday slammed the Duterte administration for the sharp increase in drug-related killings, following the appeal of more than 300 anti-narcotics and human rights groups from around the world to condemn the .....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsAug 4th, 2016