Advertisements


Palace distances itself from no-elections proposal

Malacañang on Thursday distanced itself from the proposal of House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez to cancel the 2019 midterm polls to enable lawmakers to discuss proposals to amend the Constitution......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarJul 12th, 2018

Panelo clarifies: Palace to review proposed mandatory drug tests for 2019 bets

Malacañang on Saturday clarified it was not snubbing “in toto” the proposed mandatory drug testing of candidates for next year’s elections, saying it is yet to review the proposal. Source link link: Panelo clarifies: Palace to review proposed mandatory drug tests for 2019 bets.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsOct 20th, 2018

Panelo clarifies: Palace to review proposed mandatory drug tests for 2019 bets

Malacañang on Saturday clarified it was not snubbing “in toto” the proposed mandatory drug testing of candidates for next year's elections, saying it is yet to review the proposal......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 20th, 2018

No mandatory drug test for candidates — Palace

MALACANANG reiterated on Friday that the government will not support the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency’s (PDEA) proposal to have candidates in the 2019 midterm elections undergo mandatory drug testing. Presidential spokesman Salvador Panelo said that drug tests should be voluntary, noting that candidates who have nothing to hide can always opt to submit themselves to […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsOct 19th, 2018

Palace against PDEA’s proposal to test candidates for drugs

MALACAÑANG on Friday opposed the proposal of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) to conduct a surprise drug test for candidates of the 2019 midterm elections, saying that it is “violative of the Constitution.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsOct 19th, 2018

Palace: No to PDEA’s surprise drug test for 2019 election bets

  Malacaang on Friday rejected the proposal of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) to conduct surprise drug tests on candidates for the 2019 midterm elections. Presidential Spokesperson Panelo said such test should be taken "voluntarily" and not be forced on candidates. "Well sa tingin ko, dapat voluntary. Kung ayaw hindi naman pupuwedeng pupuwersahin mo," Panelo said in an interview over state-run Radyo Pilipinas. "Kung wala naman talagang itinatago, magbu-volunteer talaga iyan," he added, noting that he believes Duterte will also turn down the said proposal. On Wednesday, PDEA Director General Aaron Aquino floated the idea of giving drug tests to aspir...Keep on reading: Palace: No to PDEA’s surprise drug test for 2019 election bets.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 19th, 2018

Palace Backs PDEA’s Drug Test on Grade Schools’ Students

Malacañang on Thursday said the proposal of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) to conduct mandatory drug testing for Grade 4 students and older pupils would benefit the family. “I think that’s a good idea because at least the parents will know whether or not their children are addicted or being used in the drug […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsNov 10th, 2018

Where is new BuCor chief Nicanor Faeldon?

Is the new head of the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) missing in action? According to Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra, recently installed BuCor chief Nicanor Faeldon "has not showed up or said anything." "I have no idea why. I have mentioned this fact to the Executive Secretary during the Cabinet meeting last Tuesday. He said he would mention it to the President," Guevarra said Friday. Last month, the Palace confirmed that Faeldon will replace Ronald "Bato" Dela Rosa as head of BuCor since Dela Rosa has been deemed automatically resigned upon the filing of his certificate of candidacy for senator in the 2019 elections. Prior his designation to BuCor, Faeldon was former head of th...Keep on reading: Where is new BuCor chief Nicanor Faeldon?.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 9th, 2018

Palace hits HRW proposal for free probe on cop killings of drug suspects

  Malacaang on Tuesday spurned the "reckless" proposal of the Human Rights Watch (HRW)to create an independent commission to investigate the alleged involvement of police officers in the killing of people allegedly involved in illegal drugs.   Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo stressed that the international human rights watchdog's recommendation intrudes the Philippines' domestic affairs.   "This proposal by the Human Rights Watch (HRW) for the creation of an independent commission to go after police officers allegedly involved in the killing of drug suspects smacks of another effort of this moribund group, which projects itself as a human rights or...Keep on reading: Palace hits HRW proposal for free probe on cop killings of drug suspects.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 6th, 2018

Bolting IPU: Palace backs GMA, senators split

Speaker Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo has found an ally in Malacaang in her proposal for the Philippines to withdraw from the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU). Presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said the IPU had prejudged the Dutere administration. "Our position is no international human rights organization has jurisdiction over us," Panelo said. "They've been besmirching this country," he said at a press briefing on Tuesday. "This is precisely why I support the call of House Speaker Arroyo," he said. The Geneva-based IPU said it would send an official mission to investigate the alleged political persecution of Sen. Leila de Lima and Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV, the Presiden...Keep on reading: Bolting IPU: Palace backs GMA, senators split.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 23rd, 2018

Palace rejects mandatory drug test for candidates

MALACANANG is opposed to the proposed mandatory drug testing for aspirants in next year’s mid-term elections. Palace spokesman Salvador Panelo made the statement after the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA)...READ MORE The post Palace rejects mandatory drug test for candidates appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsOct 19th, 2018

Palace: Mandatory drug tests for 2019 bets unconstitutional

Mandatory drug tests for candidates in the 2019 midterm elections would violate the 1987 Constitution, Malacañang said......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 19th, 2018

Duterte mulls release of narco-politicians’ names ahead of 2019 polls

President Rodrigo Duterte is "evaluating" the pros and cons of the proposal of the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) to release the names of the so-called "narco-politicians" ahead of the 2019 midterm elections, Malacaang said Tuesday. "Given that the DDB is strongly pushing for the release, [Duterte] is making an evaluation of the pros and cons," Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in a text message to INQUIRER.net. "Right now, consistent with his arrival statement, he is not inclined to order its release," he added. During his speech in Davao City on Friday morning after his arrival from Bali, Indonesia, Duterte said the government "will not" release the names of the poli...Keep on reading: Duterte mulls release of narco-politicians’ names ahead of 2019 polls.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 17th, 2018

Roque heeds President’s advice, drops Senate bid to run as partylist rep

FORMER Palace spokesman Harry Roque Jr. will run as partylist representative in the 2019 mid-term elections, and not as senator, he announced on Monday. Roque made the announcement following his meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday about his political plans. “I’m taking the advice of the President. I will actually file tomorrow (Tuesday) my [...] The post Roque heeds President’s advice, drops Senate bid to run as partylist rep appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsOct 15th, 2018

Isko Moreno eyes resignation from DSWD to run for Manila mayor

Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso has asked to resign as Undersecretary of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) because he decided to run for Manila City Mayor in the 2019 elections. In a handwritten letter sent to the Palace on Thursday, Domagoso told President Rodrigo Duterte he wanted to step down from his post as he was concerned with the current situation in Manila. "Mahal na pangulo, ipagpaumanhin po ninyo ang aking pagbitiw. Bagama't nais kong manatili sa kagawaran na inyong itinatalaga sa akin, hindi ko na po matitiis ang mga kasalukuyang nangyayari, sitwasyon at pangaabuso sa mamamayan sa lungsod ng Maynila," Domagoso said. (My beloved President, p...Keep on reading: Isko Moreno eyes resignation from DSWD to run for Manila mayor.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 11th, 2018

Duterte bares 6 Cabinet men who will run in 2019 polls

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday named six Cabinet members who would be eyeing a seat in the 2019 mid-term elections. In a press conference after he led the oathtaking of newly-elected Malacanang Press Corps officers, Duterte said they were Palace spokesman Harry Roque, Jr., Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano, Agrarian Reform Secretary John Castriciones [...] The post Duterte bares 6 Cabinet men who will run in 2019 polls appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsOct 9th, 2018

Palace says narco-pols cannot be disqualified

Politicians accused of involvement in illegal drugs trade could not be barred from running during the 2019 elections unless the court convicts them with finality, Malacañang said Thursday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 4th, 2018

Go, 8 other Cabinet execs eyeing 2019 posts — source

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte’s top aide and eight other Cabinet officials are likely to run for national and local elective positions in the upcoming elections, a Palace source said on Thursday. The source who requested anonymity told The Manila Times that Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go, Palace spokesman Harry Roque Jr, Presidential Political [...] The post Go, 8 other Cabinet execs eyeing 2019 posts — source appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsOct 4th, 2018

AFP to Duterte: Create task force to end insurgency

The Armed Forces of the Philippines is asking President Rodrigo Duterte to create a national task force to end insurgency, an apparent bid to counter what it says is the communist rebels' broad coalition to bring down the commander in chief. AFP Chief of Staff Gen. Carlito Galvez Jr. said the primary aim of such task force was to cut off recruitment by the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) and its armed component, the New People's Army (NPA). Palace welcomes proposal Malacaang on Sunday welcomed the proposal, saying it agreed with the AFP that "ending the communist insurgency in the country entails a whole-of-government approach." Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque ...Keep on reading: AFP to Duterte: Create task force to end insurgency.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 23rd, 2018

Palace distances from new Mocha Uson, Drew Olivar controversy - Inquirer.net

Palace distances from new Mocha Uson, Drew Olivar controversy - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsSep 17th, 2018

Rice prices soar, Trillanes, TD Neneng | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: Prices of rice accelerate to new highs in August. Makati Judge Elmo Alameda says give Trillanes his due process . At least 3 Malacañang officials who plan to run in the 2019 elections may soon resign from their posts, leading to a power vacuum in the Palace. Alibaba announces Jack Ma will retire ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsSep 10th, 2018