Advertisements


Palace announces PCSO chair resignation, retired general’s BCDA appointment

Malacañang on Friday, Jan. 12, announced the resignation of Jose Jorge E. Corpuz as chairman of Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO). “This is to announce that Mr. Jose Jorge Elizalde Corpuz has resigned as Chairman and Member, Board of Directors, Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office due to health reasons,” Presidential Spokesperson Herminio Harry L. Roque, Jr. […] The post Palace announces PCSO chair resignation, retired general’s BCDA appointment appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource: bworldonline bworldonlineJan 12th, 2018

Another retired general to replace PCSO chairman

MANILA, Philippines — Another retired military general is expected to fill the vacancy created by the resignation last week of Philippine Charity Sweepstakes.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 15th, 2018

PCSO chair Corpuz quits post; Palace says resignation due to health reasons

Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office Chairman Jose Jorge Corpuz has resigned from his post due to health reasons, according to Malacanang......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsJan 12th, 2018

Former army chief named BCDA director

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has appointed retired Philippine Army chief Lieutenant General Glorioso MIranda as member of the Bases Conversion and Development Authority’s (BCDA) Board of Directors. Malacañang on Friday, January 12, released Miranda’s appointment papers, which were signed by Duterte on January 9. In October 2016, Duterte said he wanted to appoint Miranda as BCDA… link: Former army chief named BCDA director.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJan 12th, 2018

Palace assures Marawi rehab to respect religious belief of residents

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/27 November) – Efforts to rebuild Marawi City will be in accordance with the religious belief of its residents, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque assured Monday. In a media briefing at the presidential guest house, Roque said this was the commitment made by retired general Eduardo del Rosario, chair of the Housing and Urban […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsNov 27th, 2017

New environment chief

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte signs the appointment of retired general Roy Cimatu as Environment and Natural Resources Secretary prior to the start of the 15th Cabinet Meeting at the State Dining Room of Malacañan Palace on May 7, 2017. Cimatu's appointment came less than a week after the Commission on Appointments rejected Regina Lopez's appointment [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsMay 8th, 2017

UE looking at former Kia mentor Chris Gavina as head coach

University of the East may very well be looking outside the collegiate arena for its next head coach. According to several sources, the Red Warriors are closely looking at Chris Gavina to sit on its long-empty head coaching chair. The Recto-based school is expected to go some sort of rebuild for the upcoming season and apparently wants a fresh mind to be overseeing all of it. “We are looking to add a bright, young mind (who) will help teach our players,” a source said. Enter Gavina who called the shots for Kia in the PBA for one year before resigning last December. There, he made his name getting something out of a talent-lacking lineup. At present, the 39-year-old serves as tactician for playoff team Valenzuela Classic in the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League. As per a source, character will also be the foremost determining factors for UE’s next head coach. “The most important thing is that he is someone who has good character,” the source said. The Recto-based team has been searching for a new head coach after former mentor Derrick Pumaren handed in his resignation late last year. Pumaren registered a record of 21-35 in his four years at the helm for his alma mater. Whoever replaces him has the unenviable task of, first and foremost, convincing 49-point man Alvin Pasaol and court general Philip Manalang to stay. --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @riegogogo......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMar 22nd, 2018

Duterte appoints Honeylet’s cousin to new gov’t post

  President Rodrigo Duterte has appointed the cousin of her partner, Honeylet Avancea, to a new government position months after firing her last year.   In an appointment paper dated March 7 and released on Friday, Duterte appointed Melissa Avancea Aradanas as deputy secretary general of the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council.   She replaced Patrocinio Jude Esguerra III.   Aradanas was one of the five Presidential Commission for the Urban Poor (PCUP) commissioners who were fired, together with agency chair Terry Ridon, due to excessive foreign trips.   Duterte said he had fired all PCUP commissioners because they had...Keep on reading: Duterte appoints Honeylet’s cousin to new gov’t post.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 9th, 2018

Palace: SSS exec sacked for demanding P26-M budget for social media project

Malacaang on Saturday said that Social Security System (SSS) Commissioner Jose Gabriel La Via was sacked for demanding a P26-million budget to fund his social media project, among other reasons. But this was denied, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement. "He then requested for a budget of P1.6 M per month for a media advertising program which was also denied," Roque said. Last week, Malacaang announced the President Rodrigo Duterte had not renewed his appointment of La Via and SSS Chairman Amado Valdez but stated no reasons for the decision. La Via has been serving in a holdover capacity since July 2017. READ:SSS chair, commissioner sacked Roque also sai...Keep on reading: Palace: SSS exec sacked for demanding P26-M budget for social media project.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 17th, 2018

Sereno fate up to Congress — Palace

THE fate of Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno lies with Congress. Presidential spokesman Harry Roque made the remark after a retired Court of Appeals magistrate who is now in the House of Representatives said that President Rodrigo Duterte could recall Sereno’s appointment as Chief Justice. “We leave the fate of….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsFeb 17th, 2018

Cam, Balutan face off at Senate hearing on PCSO charter

  Former "jueteng" whistle-blower Sandra Cam faced off on Wednesday with General Manager Alexander Balutan of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) in the Senate, accusing him of corruption, "militarizing" the agency and hiring a consultant who allegedly corners procurements below P1 million.   Cam, now a PCSO director, told a hearing of the Senate committee on games and amusement that she wanted to expose corruption in the PCSO under Balutan and recently resigned Chair Jose Jorge Corpuz as part of her responsibility to ensure that charity funds were spent on the poor.   She presented to the Senate panel a photo of a woman, whom she alleged to...Keep on reading: Cam, Balutan face off at Senate hearing on PCSO charter.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 25th, 2018

Senators ask Palace to pick pro-quality education, ‘pro-student’ new CHEd chair

"Higher education has lost a dependable ally with the resignation of CHEd (Commission on Higher Education) Chairperson Patricia Licuanan," Senator Bam Aquino said on Monday.   "As former chairman of the Committee on Education, we can attest to her dedication to improve access to quality education as we worked closely to pass the free college law," Aquino further said in a statement.   He then thanked Licuanan for her "immeasurable service to Filipino students and for all her help in crafting the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act."   "At the same time, we call on Malacaang to appoint an immediate replacement with the ability and the will t...Keep on reading: Senators ask Palace to pick pro-quality education, ‘pro-student’ new CHEd chair.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 15th, 2018

PCSO chair quits, but Palace says he& apos;s not on chop block - Inquirer.net

PCSO chair quits, but Palace says he's not on chop block - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 13th, 2018

Duterte appoints retired Army chief Miranda to BCDA

President Rodrigo Duterte has formalized his intention to appoint retired Philippine Army commanding general Lieutenant General Glorioso Miranda to the Bases Conversion and Development Authority.   Source link link: Duterte appoints retired Army chief Miranda to BCDA.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJan 12th, 2018

Duterte appoints ex-Army chief to bases conversion authority

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has appointed a retired military officer to the Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA). Lt. Gen. Glorioso Miranda, former Army chief, was named a member of the board of directors of the BCDA to serve Serafin Salvador’s unexpired term of office until June 30, 2018. Duterte signed Miranda’s appointment paper on January 8… link: Duterte appoints ex-Army chief to bases conversion authority.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJan 12th, 2018

Palace defends Faeldon s appointment to new gov t post

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Malacañang on  Thursday, December 28, defended the decision of President Rodrigo Duterte to appoint former customs chief Nicanor Faeldon to a new government post, saying the Chief Executive continues to trust the retired military officer. "The appointment of Mr Nicanor Faeldon as ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsDec 28th, 2017

PCSO chair to Sandra Cam: ‘Don’t bite hand that feeds you’

  Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) general manager Alexander Balutan on Monday defined the duties of Sandra Cam as a board member of the agency, after the "jueteng" whistleblower announced she would be "cleaning up" the office of alleged irregularities.   Balutan told reporters that as a PCSO board member, Cam's work would be limited to policy-making. Her recent media pronouncements, Balutan said, should be referred to operational matters.   "She's with policy making and as far as operations is concerned, I handle that as the general manager and chief executive officer," Balutan said.   "Lahat ng mabuo na policy ng board, na mapagk...Keep on reading: PCSO chair to Sandra Cam: ‘Don’t bite hand that feeds you’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 18th, 2017

Classmates to join Bato in Munti

Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II has endorsed the appointment of three retired police generals as deputy directors of the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor).   Aguirre identified the three as former Calabarzon regional police chief Valfrie Tabian, who is the current BuCor officer in charge, former Bicol police chief Melvin Ramon Buenafe and former major crimes investigator Heriberto Olitoquit.   The three are all former Philippine Military Academy classmates of Philippine National Police Director General Ronald dela Rosa, whom President Duterte said would also assume the BuCor helm in March or April next year, Aguirre said....Keep on reading: Classmates to join Bato in Munti.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 15th, 2017

IN THE KNOW: Former AFP chief Dionisio Santiago

Retired Gen. Dionisio Santiago, former chief of staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, was appointed chair of the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) by President Rodrigo Duterte in July.   In a news forum following his appointment, Santiago said he intended to revisit the antidrug law and give priority to "a legal approach" to solving the drug problem.   "Fear factor is good only to a certain point," he said. "'Oplan Tokhang' was effective because it sowed fear among drug users, but it should be supported by other programs," he added, referring to the police operation against illegal drugs.   Before his appointment, Santiago served as DDB executive di...Keep on reading: IN THE KNOW: Former AFP chief Dionisio Santiago.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 8th, 2017

GenSan city council wants PCSO’s small town lottery stopped

GENERAL SANTOS CITY (MindaNews/08 August) &'8212; The city council here renewed its calls on Tuesday for the stoppage of the “illegal” operations in the entire city of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO)-backed Small Town Lottery or STL. City Councilor Franklin Gacal Jr., chair of the council’s committee on games and amusements, said all STL outlets in [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsAug 8th, 2017

New environment minister a retired general; investors watch with caution

PRESIDENT Rodrigo R. Duterte has chosen a retired general and diplomat as “acting” secretary of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) in a decision investors said would fill the void left by lawmakers’ rejection of the appointment of Regina Paz L. Lopez......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMay 8th, 2017