Advertisements


PACC to hold fact-finding inquiry on shabu smuggling

PACC to hold fact-finding inquiry on shabu smuggling.....»»

Category: newsSource: thestandard thestandardDec 6th, 2018

Faeldon, BOC execs face probe for P6.4-B ‘shabu’

Ombudsman probers have found enough evidence to pursue a full-blown investigation of former Customs Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon and several others over the smuggling of P6.4-billion worth of "shabu" (crystal meth) last May.   But the special fact-finding panel said there was a "lack of basis" to implicate President Rodrigo Duterte's son, resigned Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte, and son-in-law, lawyer Manases Carpio, in the smuggling case.   The case against Faeldon, fellow former mutineer Milo Maestrecampo and the other Bureau of Customs (BOC) officials will now move to the preliminary investigation stage.   Faeldon, now a deputy administrator at th...Keep on reading: Faeldon, BOC execs face probe for P6.4-B ‘shabu’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2018

Duterte kin cleared, Faeldon faces raps for BOC shabu

A fact-finding panel of the Office of the Ombudsman has cleared “for lack of basis” President Duterte’s son Paolo and son-in-law Manases Carpio of involvement in the smuggling of P6.4 billion worth of shabu in May 2017, but recommended the filing of criminal and administrative charges against former Customs chief Nicanor Faeldon......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 2nd, 2018

Ombudsman urges raps vs Faeldon

THE Office of the Ombudsman yesterday recommended the filing of charges against former Customs Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon and three others as it announced it has completed the fact-finding investigation into the P6.4 billion shabu smuggling case. However, it found no evidence against President Duterte’s son Paolo and son-in-law Atty. Manases….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMay 2nd, 2018

Trillanes eyes President’s son as hostile witness in drug probe

Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV on Sunday said Paolo Duterte's filing libel charges against him had given him a chance to call the son of President Rodrigo Duterte as a hostile witness in a Senate drug smuggling inquiry. A hostile witness is someone who is called to an investigation but refuses to tell the truth. In a statement, Trillanes said Paolo Duterte's legal actions would enable him to pressure the resigned vice mayor of Davao City to open his bank accounts. Duterte has filed libel charges against Trillanes for linking him to the smuggling into the Philippines of "shabu" (crystal meth) worth P6.4 billion from China and for alleging that he and his brother-in-law, lawyer Manases...Keep on reading: Trillanes eyes President’s son as hostile witness in drug probe.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 23rd, 2018

DOJ probe on missing P6.8 billion shabu to proceed

The Department of Justice is unfazed in its fact-finding investigation on the P6.8-billion shabu that allegedly slipped past the Bureau of Customs despite President Duterte’s questions on the report of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 21st, 2018

EDITORIAL - Missing pieces

He has faced a Senate inquiry and provided controversial testimony relating to corruption in the Bureau of Customs. Businessman Mark Taguba is at the heart of the investigation into the smuggling of P6.5 billion worth of shabu from China last year......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 4th, 2018

6 in P6.4-B shabu shipment barred from leaving Philippines

A Manila court yesterday issued a hold departure order against six Chinese and Taiwanese men linked to the smuggling of P6.4 billion worth of shabu from China last year......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 27th, 2018

Lawmakers raise ‘shabu’ case vs Paolo Duterte

"Is he preempting an Ombudsman decision on his corruption case?" This was the reaction of Magdalo Rep. Gary Alejano to Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte's announcement on Monday to resign four months after he was linked to the smuggling of P6.4 billion worth of "shabu" (crystal meth) through the Bureau of Customs. In a statement, Alejano said on Tuesday the resignation of the elder son of President Duterte would "not erase the fact that the 604-kilogram shabu shipment issue has not been addressed yet and the brains behind have not been identified and arrested." The Office of the Ombudsman created a panel in October to look into the allegation that "the release [of the drugs fr...Keep on reading: Lawmakers raise ‘shabu’ case vs Paolo Duterte.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 27th, 2017

Ombudsman forms panel to probe P6.4-B shabu

MANILA, Philippines — Using its power to initiate probes on its own, the Office of the Ombudsman has created a panel to conduct a fact-finding investigation.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 8th, 2017

Ombudsman forms panel to investigate P6.4-B ‘shabu’ shipment

THE Office of the Ombudsman has formed a panel to investigate the shipment of P6.4-billion “shabu” (methamphetamine hydrochloride) into the country. “The Office of the Ombudsman has created a panel to conduct a fact finding investigation into alleged anomalies in the release of 6.4 billion worth of Methampethamine or ‘shabu’, through the greenlane of the [...] The post Ombudsman forms panel to investigate P6.4-B ‘shabu’ shipment appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsNov 7th, 2017

PDEA files raps vs 44 in P11-B ‘shabu’ smuggling; Lapeña spared

The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) on Thursday sought the indictment of one of its former senior officials and 43 others for their alleged role in sneaking into the country P11 billion worth of "shabu" (crystal meth).   The filing of the 38-page complaint for drug smuggling in the Department of Justice (DOJ) against former PDEA Deputy Director General Ismael Fajardo and his coaccused came four months after the incident, which government officials said undermined President Duterte's war on drugs.   The respondents do not include former Customs Commissioner Isidro Lapea, one of Mr. Duterte's most trusted lieutenants on whose watch the alleged drug smuggling...Keep on reading: PDEA files raps vs 44 in P11-B ‘shabu’ smuggling; Lapeña spared.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 14th, 2018

49 face raps over shabu in lifters; Lapeña spared

?The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) yesterday filed charges against several former government officials linked to the smuggling of over P11 billion worth of shabu placed inside magnetic lifters in August......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 13th, 2018

Ex-PDEA exec tagged in P11-B shabu mess

THE Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) on Thursday filed criminal cases against former deputy director general for administration Ismael Fajardo Jr. and others involved in the supposed smuggling of P11…READ The post Ex-PDEA exec tagged in P11-B shabu mess appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsDec 13th, 2018

PDEA charges 39 for shabu smuggling

The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) on Thursday filed criminal complaints against former PDEA and Philippine National Police (PNP) officials for their alleged involvement in the smuggling of shabu at the Manila International Container Port (MICP) last August. The complaint filed before the Department of Justice indicated the respondents as former Senior Supt. Eduardo Paderon […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsDec 13th, 2018

Short but sweet search lands Fisher as coach of LA Sparks

By Beth Harris, Associated Press LOS ANGELES (AP) — It was a “short but sweet” search to find the new coach of the Los Angeles Sparks. Turns out he has been sitting in the courtside seats for years. Derek Fisher was introduced Friday as coach of the team that he watched play at Staples Center while helping the Lakers win five NBA championships as their point guard. It’s Fisher’s second stint as a head coach in the pro ranks. He was fired from the New York Knicks in 2016. “This opportunity is not a step down, sideways, backwards, somehow different than the men’s game,” Fisher told a room full of media at a downtown hotel, insisting the WNBA isn’t a steppingstone. “There isn’t a future outside of what we’re here to talk about today.” Executive vice president and general manager Penny Toler didn’t look far in finding a replacement for Brian Agler, who resigned last week. “Our coach’s search was short but sweet,” she said. “The first person who came to mind was Derek Fisher. Derek has been a huge supporter of the Sparks, but even more importantly, he’s been a huge supporter of the WNBA from day one. He would leave his practice and fly and watch us play.” Toler said that during her 20 years as GM she would discuss the team with Fisher and seek his advice and suggestions. “He’s invested,” she said. Fisher becomes the 12th coach in franchise history. He takes over a team that went 19-15 in the regular season this year before losing in the second round of the playoffs. Agler resigned without explanation after four years that included winning the WNBA championship in 2016. He had an 85-51 career mark with the Sparks. “I don’t know why he wanted to. I didn’t ask,” Toler said. “When someone wants to resign, it’s not my job to talk them out of it.” Former league MVP Candace Parker was on hand to welcome Fisher. She waved her right hand in the air, showing off her WNBA championship ring that made a clunking noise when her hand hit the table. “I want more,” she said. Besides Parker, the Sparks have another former league MVP in Nneka Ogwumike and hope to re-sign guard Chelsea Gray. “We have chemistry,” Parker said. Parker noted she first met Fisher when she was 8 or 9 and her older brother’s agent was based in Arkansas, where Fisher is from. Fisher was fired in New York after going 40-96 in 1 ½ seasons while working under then-Knicks executive Phil Jackson, who coached him on the Lakers. Fisher said it took a while for him to come to terms with the fact that he was “overly fixated with what other people thought about my experience in New York as opposed to what I felt about my experience in New York.” Fisher peppered Toler with what she said were “about 2,000 questions” before agreeing to take the Sparks job. He indicated the homework was necessary after his time with the Knicks. “What I learned is, if there is not clarity in purpose, vision and mission from ownership to management to coaches to players to staff, it doesn’t work,” he said. “Some of the basketball things are irrelevant if ownership, management, staff, players, if we are not aligned in the way we see going about our jobs and achieving our purpose and our mission.” Since leaving New York, Fisher has worked as a TV analyst. He said he explored jobs with college and men’s pro teams but the timing wasn’t right. He also experienced upheaval in his personal life. In June 2015, he and former teammate Matt Barnes got into an altercation at the home of Gloria Govan, Barnes’ ex-wife who is now Fisher’s fiancée. In June 2017, Fisher was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after his vehicle flipped on a Los Angeles freeway. He and Govan weren’t injured. Govan and two of Fisher’s children from his first marriage were on hand Friday. “The book is not finished yet,” Fisher said. “I feel like this is an opportunity for me to continue writing my coaching book and I’m excited to do it here in LA with the Sparks.”  .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsDec 8th, 2018

Gordon: No raps vs Lapeña for & apos;shabu& apos; smuggling - INQUIRER.net

Gordon: No raps vs Lapeña for 'shabu' smuggling - INQUIRER.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsDec 3rd, 2018

Talaingod 18 posts bail but still awaiting release as of 6 p.m. Saturday

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 01 December) —  The lawyer of the 18 members of National Solidarity and Fact-Finding Mission who were arrested Wednesday night for alleged trafficking, kidnapping and child abuse on Saturday posted bail of 1.44 million pesos (at 80,000 pesos each) for their release from detention. Lawyer Joel Mahinay of the National Union […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsDec 1st, 2018

Talaingod 18: Rep. Castro, Satur Ocampo face charges of trafficking, child abuse, kidnapping

TALAINGOD, Davao del Norte (MindaNews / 29 Nov) — Eighteen members of a national fact-finding mission, among them ACT Teachers party-list Rep.  France Castro and Bayan Muna President Satur Ocampo, are facing charges of trafficking, kidnapping and failure to return a minor after attempting to rescue students of a Lumad school in Barangay Palma Gil from […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsNov 29th, 2018

After shabu smuggling, Barbers asks Senate to pass death penalty bill

  MANILA, Philippines – House committee on dangerous drugs chairperson Robert Ace Barbers urged senators to pass the bill reviving the death penalty as he continues to lead the probe into the multibillion-peso shabu smuggled into the country this year. Barbers made the appeal to the Senate on Wednesday, ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 28th, 2018

After shabu smuggling, Barbers asks Senate to pass death penalty bill - Rappler

After shabu smuggling, Barbers asks Senate to pass death penalty bill - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsNov 28th, 2018