Advertisements


Malacañang to investigate DoT ad contract with Tulfo firm

MALACAÑANG CONFIRMED on Monday that President Rodrigo R. Duterte has already ordered a probe into the advertising contract of the Department of Tourism (DoT) with the Tulfo brothers’ show on government station PTV 4. The DoT is headed by the Tulfo brothers’ sister, Secretary Wanda Tulfo-Teo. “What I know is that the President is already […] The post Malacañang to investigate DoT ad contract with Tulfo firm appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource: bworldonline bworldonlineApr 30th, 2018

Erice, Gutierrez face Customs probe over export duties

The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) has asked the Bureau of Customs (BOC) to look into the possible criminal liabilities of two Liberal Party (LP) officials over the multibillion-peso exports of their mining firm to China. In a letter, lawyer Analiza Rebuelta-Teh, DENR undersecretary for climate change service and mining concerns, asked the BOC to investigate Caloocan City Rep. Edgar Erice and LP financier Eric Gutierrez for possible improper payment of customs duties and taxes on the nickle ore shipments of SR Metals Inc. (SRMI) to China. Misdeclaration The BOC was specifically asked to determine if there was undervaluation and misdeclaration of the nicke...Keep on reading: Erice, Gutierrez face Customs probe over export duties.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 12th, 2018

Debris clearing

An operator of an excavating equipment maneuvers to clean up the surroundings of heavily-damaged buildings in Sector 1 of Marawi’s Ground Zero on 31 October 2018. The 75-million peso contract for the debris management of Sector 1 has been awarded to Finmat International Resources, Inc. The firm is awaiting final word from the barangay captain […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsNov 4th, 2018

Tuchel stands up to player power at PSG, and it worked

By Jerome Pugmire, Associated Press PARIS (AP) — Paris Saint-Germain coach Thomas Tuchel made a bold move by standing up to big names at a club where player power usually rules. He dropped 19-year-old France forward Kylian Mbappe, widely tipped as soccer's next superstar, and midfielder Adrien Rabiot for the game at Marseille on Sunday night. Both players are Parisian-born and fully understood the importance of the match for PSG fans against the club's bitter rival. Yet both turned up late to a pre-match team talk, something Tuchel simply could not excuse and he left them out of the starting lineup. "(It was) a disciplinary situation. We needed to do that," Tuchel said unapologetically on Canal Plus television. "It's like that." Mbappe came off the bench in the second half and scored the first goal in a 2-0 win which sent PSG to an 11th straight league win. It was also the World Cup star's 10th league goal so far, in just seven games for him. Rabiot, who refused to be on France's reserves list for the World Cup and has long been negotiating a new PSG contract, came on about 10 minutes from time. Despite his authoritative decision-making, which was backed by PSG winger Julian Draxler, the coach was surprisingly downbeat and sounded almost despondent after the game. "I don't like playing without Kylian," he said. "I hate it." Tuchel was then was then asked if it was a good day for him as a coach. "For me, personally, no," he said, his head dropping and his voice trailing off. "For me it was quite tough today." It has been a topsy-turvy week for Tuchel, who saw his side fall behind twice and dominated for long spells in a 2-2 home draw with Napoli in the Champions League on Wednesday. That draw leaves PSG third in its group and in danger of not qualifying for the Round of 16. If so, Tuchel would become the first PSG coach knocked out of the group stage since cash-rich Qatari investors QSI took over at the club seven years ago. On the other hand, his team is coasting in the league with 39 goals in 11 games and the best defense. Tuchel has earned praise from the French media for his player management skills, often touted as a counterpoint to his predecessor Unai Emery, but the decision to drop Mbappe seemed to weigh heavily on him. Perhaps with good reason, for it puts him in a potentially difficult position because star players often have their own way at PSG. Such is the club's desire to win the Champions League and join Europe's elite, some players have been seemingly indulged. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, for example, was allowed days off to go hunting in the forests of his native Sweden. Others, such as Edinson Cavani and Javier Pastore, returned late from the mid-season winter break — which even led to public criticism from their own captain, Thiago Silva. Pampering stars has not had the necessary outcome, either, with PSG unable to get beyond the quarterfinals of the Champions League since QSI took over. In the last two years, PSG has failed to reach the quarters, leading to Emery's departure and Tuchel's arrival. Despite his friendly and easy-going appearance, Tuchel is a disciplinarian and firm on principles such as cutting out sugary drinks on the team bus and strict time-keeping. At a club with such lofty ambitions, these should be rudimentary. Yet the way Mbappe was comforted before Sunday's game, even by the vastly experienced goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, suggests he got the sympathy vote rather than Tuchel getting the understanding. Even Tuchel seemed anxiously keen to encourage Mbappe before the teenage forward went on in the 62nd minute, wrapping a consoling arm around him as if to apologize for the sanction. Still, Tuchel was at least supported by Draxler, who scored the second goal against Marseille. "It's something between the coach and the player, but for me it's clear the club is more important than a single player," Draxler said. "The coach will decide what he wants and we won, so he's right.".....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsOct 29th, 2018

Report: Pat Riley tells Heat he s pulling plug on Butler talks

NBA.com staff report If Minnesota trades Jimmy Butler sooner or later, it may not be to the Miami Heat. According to Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel, Heat president Pat Riley has informed players that he has all but ended trade talks centered on acquiring Butler, a four-time All-Star. In another rare confirmation of Miami Heat trade negotiations, a team spokesman confirmed shortly before Thursday night's game that Heat President Pat Riley recently told the team's players he was "pulling the plug" on trade negotiations regarding disgruntled Minnesota Timberwolves guard Jimmy Butler. Miami has been the most frequently mentioned suitor for Butler, who made it clear to Timberwolves management that he preferred to be dealt before finishing out the final year of his contract. Minnesota, however, has held firm either in hopes that Butler will reconcile himself to the team or for an offer they can't refuse......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsOct 19th, 2018

Duterte admits role in Navy-Bong Go frigates issue

MANILA, Philippines – It was President Rodrigo Duterte himself who acted on the complaint of the South Korean firm that was awarded the contract to build two warships for the Philippine Navy. Duterte admitted handing the complaint of the firm, Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI), to his aide Bong ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsOct 19th, 2018

PHL signs oil exploration deal with Israel’s Ratio Petroleum

THE Philippines on Wednesday formally awarded a petroleum service contract (PSC) to Israeli firm Ratio Petroleum Ltd. for the exploration of an area in the east Palawan basin, a move which the Energy department said bodes well for country’s upstream petroleum industry. The post PHL signs oil exploration deal with Israel’s Ratio Petroleum appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsOct 18th, 2018

PH signs deal with Israeli firm for oil exploration east of Palawan

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippines has signed an oil exploration deal with Israeli firm Ratio Petroleum Ltd, allowing the company to explore for oil and gas resources in an area east of Palawan. The Petroleum Service Contract (PSC) was signed by President Rodrigo Duterte, Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi, and Ratio ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsOct 18th, 2018

Vivant units sell 48% stake in renewable energy firm

CEBU-BASED Vivant Corp. said on Friday that two of its subsidiaries sold their shares in a northern Luzon renewable energy company that has an independent power producer (IPP) administrator contract with the government. The post Vivant units sell 48% stake in renewable energy firm appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsOct 12th, 2018

Korean firm likely to bag Malaya power plant contract

Korean firm Soosan ENS Co. Ltd. was the lone bidder for a yearlong contract to operate and maintain the 650-megawatt Malaya Thermal Power Plant in Rizal, according to the Power Sector Assets and Li.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsOct 3rd, 2018

PSALM declares South Korean firm sole bidder for Malaya O& M contract - BusinessWorld Online

PSALM declares South Korean firm sole bidder for Malaya O&M contract - BusinessWorld Online.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsOct 2nd, 2018

AgriNurture secures $1-billion rice import deal

Listed agricultural trading firm AgriNurture Inc. has sealed a $1 billion rice import contract from Vietnam Southern Food Corp. in a bid to address supply issues in the country......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 17th, 2018

NIA inks deal with Korean firm for construction of P11-billion Iloilo dam

State agency National Irrigation Administration (NIA) on Monday, Sept. 3, signed a contract with a Korean company for the construction of an P11.212-billion dam in Iloilo province. In a ceremony at the NIA’s headquarters, the agency through its Administrator Ricardo R. Visaya signed the contract with representatives from Daewoo Engineering and Construction Co., Ltd. for […] The post NIA inks deal with Korean firm for construction of P11-billion Iloilo dam appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsSep 3rd, 2018

Ohio St suspends Meyer for 3 games for mishandled abuse case

By Mitch Stacy, Associated Press COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio State on Wednesday night suspended head football coach Urban Meyer three games for mishandling domestic violence accusations, punishing one of the sport's most prominent leaders for keeping an assistant on staff for several years after the coach's wife accused him of abuse. The move followed a two-week investigation into how Meyer reacted to accusations that former Buckeyes assistant Zach Smith abused his ex-wife, Courtney Smith. Zach Smith was fired last month after she asked a judge for a protective order. Courtney Smith alleged her husband shoved her against a wall and put his hands around her neck in 2015. The university put Meyer on paid leave and began an investigation after Courtney Smith spoke out publicly, sharing text messages and photos she traded in 2015 with Meyer's wife, Shelley Meyer. Shelley Meyer is a registered nurse and instructor at Ohio State. Trustees discussed the decision to punish Meyer in a marathon meeting Wednesday while Meyer awaited the decision. The investigation prompted a tweet from Meyer in which he insisted he followed proper protocols after learning of the 2015 accusations. But he also acknowledged lying to reporters a week earlier when he said he hadn't heard of the incident until shortly before he fired Zach Smith. The probe directly centered on the question of what Meyer knew and when. Meyer said in his tweet that he always elevated issues through the proper channels, and did so with the Smith situation in 2015. That contradicted what he told reporters at Big Ten media day a week earlier: "I was never told about anything and nothing ever came to light. I've never had a conversation about it. I know nothing about it." Speaking after the investigation was announced, Zach Smith said he spoke with Meyer at the time and athletic director Gene Smith also knew about the allegations. Zach Smith said Meyer told him he would be fired if the head coach found out Smith had hit his wife. Zach Smith — the grandson of late Ohio State coach and Meyer mentor Earle Bruce — has never been criminally charged or convicted of abuse. He has a charge of criminal trespass pending, and the Smiths are due in court next month for a hearing on a restraining order Courtney Smith was granted July 20. Meyer was heading into his seventh season at Ohio State, where he is 73-8 with a national title in 2014 and two Big Ten Conference championships. Ohio State's Title IX sexual misconduct policy includes reporting allegations of domestic violence made against university employees. Violating that policy allows Meyer to be fired with cause, according to provisions placed in his contract when it was extended in April by two years. The deal through 2022, increasing Meyer's salary to $7.6 million in 2018, with annual 6 percent raises. Meyer had about $38 million left on his contract. Ohio State's season starts Sept. 1 with a game against Oregon State in Columbus. In 2009, Zach Smith was accused of aggravated battery on his pregnant wife while he was working a graduate assistant for Meyer at Florida. The charge was dropped because of insufficient evidence. The Smiths separated in June 2015 and divorced in 2016. Meyer is one of the most accomplished coaches in college football history, with three national championships and a 177-31 record in 16 seasons at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and Ohio State, the team he grew up rooting for in Northeast Ohio. Meyer won national championships with Florida in 2006 and '08, but his teams also had more than two dozen players get into trouble with the law. He resigned twice at Florida, citing health reasons, first in the 2009 season after the Gators lost the Southeastern Conference championship game while trying to repeat as national champs. He changed his mind soon after and coached another season. The Gators went 8-5 in 2010, and afterward, Meyer stepped down for good. Meyer was out of coaching for a season but was hired by Ohio State in November 2011. The Buckeyes had fired Jim Tressel, another national championship-winning coach, before that season for lying to the NCAA and university about rules violation committed by some of his players. Since returning to coaching, Meyer's program has been one of the most dominant in college football, and his players have mostly stayed out of major trouble. Meyer faced some criticism in 2013 for allowing running back Carlos Hyde to return to the team after he was charged with striking a woman in a bar. The case was dropped by police when the woman chose not to pursue charges, but Hyde was suspended three games. The Meyer investigation cost $500,000 and was conducted by the national law firm Debevoise & Plimpton. Ohio State began investigating Meyer while also facing three federal lawsuits about its response to allegations of groping, leering and other misconduct by a deceased athletic department doctor who treated wrestlers and other students for two decades. The lawsuits alleging sexual abuse by Dr. Richard Strauss say Ohio State facilitated the abuse by ignoring complaints. Since Ohio State announced an independent investigation in April, more than 100 former students have come forward with accounts of sexual misconduct by Strauss. The allegations range from 1979 to 1997 and involve male athletes from 14 sports, as well as his work at the student health center and his off-campus medical office......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 23rd, 2018

Senate presses Calida probe

DESPITE Solicitor General Jose Calida’s petition filed at the Supreme Court, Senator Antonio Trillanes IV and Koko Pimentel yesterday said that the investigation of Calida over the P261 million government contract with his security firm will start as scheduled. Pimentel said that until the SC releases a temporary restraining order….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsAug 17th, 2018

Teo, Tulfos deny any wrongdoing in ad deal

Broadcaster Ben Tulfo yesterday denied any wrongdoing in what has been flagged by the Commission on Audit (COA) as an irregular deal between the government-run People’s Television Network Inc. (PTV) and the Department of Tourism (DOT) that in effect had his firm as subcontractor......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 14th, 2018

Teo, Tulfos deny any wrongdoing in ad deal

Broadcaster Ben Tulfo yesterday denied any wrongdoing in what has been flagged by the Commission on Audit (COA) as an irregular deal between the government-run People’s Television Network Inc. (PTV) and the Department of Tourism (DOT) that in effect had his firm as subcontractor......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 14th, 2018

AC Energy signs deal to build solar power plants in Vietnam province

AC Energy, Inc. and its Vietnamese partner have signed an engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contract and a financing deal to develop of solar power plants in Vietnam’s Ninh Thuan province, its parent firm Ayala Corp. told the stock exchange on Monday. “We are excited to scale up our development initiatives in Vietnam. We expect […] The post AC Energy signs deal to build solar power plants in Vietnam province appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsAug 13th, 2018

Philippines to cancel Landing’s $1.5 bln casino project – Duterte’s spokesman

MANILA- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte will cancel Landing International Development Ltd’s $1.5 billion integrated casino project in the capital, his spokesman said minutes after the Hong Kong-listed firm broke ground on Tuesday. Presidential spokesman Harry Roque said the lease contract that Landing signed with a state-owned foundation in March has significantly put the government at a disadvantage […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsAug 9th, 2018

Nayong Pilipino project groundbreaking rites: From cheers to tears

    Nayong Pilipino Foundation (NPF) Chairperson Patricia Ocampo was about to deliver a speechon Tuesdaywhen Malacaang announced that she was already fired.   Ocampo was at the Entertainment City Manila for the groundbreaking ceremony of an upcoming integrated leisure and entertainment resort by foreign-owned firm Landing Philippines.   Malacaang's announcement, however, eclipsed the rather cheerful mood of the event, after it said that Duterte has fired the NPF board of directors and management for a disadvantageous lease contract.   While Roque did not disclose the finer details of this contract, NFP and Landing officials were quick ...Keep on reading: Nayong Pilipino project groundbreaking rites: From cheers to tears.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 7th, 2018

COA: China firm owes PH gov t P1.3B in damages over train contract

MANILA, Philippines – The Commission on Audit (COA), in its 2017 audit report,  found China-based CRRC Dalian Company Limited owes the Department of Transportation (DOTr) P1.3 billion in liquidated damages. Dalian is involved with the controversial 48 trains for the Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT3) that  were delivered in 2016 , but were remained unused ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 13th, 2018