Advertisements


La Union power firm up for sale

SAN FERNANDO CITY, Philippines – The provincial government of La Union is selling the Bauang Private Power Corp......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarNov 2nd, 2016

Leonardo s PSG return could be welcome news for coach Tuchel

By Jerome Pugmire, Associated Press PARIS (AP) — Leonardo's return as Paris Saint-Germain's sporting director could be welcome news for coach Thomas Tuchel after a difficult first season. PSG announced Leonardo's appointment on Friday as a direct replacement for Antero Henrique, who leaves after two years despite helping secure two marquee signings in forwards Neymar and Kylian Mbappe. Tuchel's working relationship with Henrique had become increasingly strained because of the need to strengthen an injury-hit squad and an awkward situation concerning homegrown midfielder Adrien Rabiot. Henrique said in a December interview that Rabiot would remain out of the side after refusing to sign a new deal, despite months of negotiations. He did not play again and is now out of contract, meaning PSG will get nothing for him as he reportedly negotiates terms for a move to Italian champion Juventus. But Tuchel is a fan of Rabiot's style of play and wanted him available, especially with injuries in midfield during a fraught Champions League campaign. The club's disciplinary stance remained firm. At the time, Henrique appeared to have the backing of club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi, with the signings of Neymar and Mbappe doubtless contributing to his standing. An exasperated Tuchel also lamented a lack of signings in the winter transfer window and had to wait until January 29 — right at the end — before the club bought Argentina midfielder Leandro Paredes from Zenit St. Petersburg. But Tuchel was reportedly not overly keen on signing Paredes, who made little impression. If their relationship was indeed a power struggle, it now seems like a victory for Tuchel over Henrique. Tuchel recently signed a one-year extension to his initial two-year deal. Leonardo's return offers the possibility of a more harmonious working relationship, one which the club hopes will end years of frustration in the Champions League. PSG has never been beyond the quarterfinals since Qatari backers QSI started bank-rolling the club with huge investment eight years ago. In the past three seasons PSG has gone out in the Round of 16 — twice blowing strong first-leg leads — and last season Tuchel's side failed to retain its domestic cups. FAMILIAR FACE While Henrique was unfamiliar with the club when he took the job, that's certainly not the case for Leonardo. He played for PSG in 1996-97 and was hugely popular. As an attack-minded defender or midfielder, he helped PSG reach the European Cup Winners' Cup final in '97. He won the World Cup with Brazil in 1994 and the Copa America in '97. He had spells as coach of AC Milan and Inter Milan, where he was also sporting director. Leonardo became PSG's sporting director for the first time in July 2011 and helped persuade Carlo Ancelotti to become coach in December 2011. It was a considerable coup considering Ancelotti's long-standing reputation in the game. "I'm extremely enthusiastic at the idea of coming back," the 49-year-old Leonardo said. "I've experienced some big emotions here." BITTER END Leonardo held his role until May 2013, when he was suspended for nine months by the French league for barging into a referee just outside the tunnel. Television images appeared to show Leonardo deliberately shoulder-barging Alexandre Castro after a home draw. Leonardo had been heavily critical of French referees that season, in particular launching one angry rant live on television after a draw at defending champion Montpellier. Following Leonardo's suspension, Ancelotti left to take charge of Real Madrid despite having one year left on his PSG contract. FUTURE DAYS Leonardo must quickly establish a strong and trusting relationship with Tuchel. The club is expected to be busy in the transfer market this summer, whilst fending off reported interest from Real Madrid for the prolific France forward Mbappe. PSG must also raise funds, and Leonardo's return coincided with the sale of 19-year-old forward Moussa Diaby to Bayer Leverkusen for a reported 15 million euros ($16.8 million). Fans want success but they also want to see local talents shine, and Diaby was one of the best players to have come through PSG's youth academy in recent years. If Leonardo persuades Rabiot to change his mind and sign a new deal, it would certainly please Tuchel......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJun 16th, 2019

Malaya thermal plant bidding fails – PSALM

State-run Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management Corp. (PSALM) declared a failed bidding for the sale of the 650-megawatt (MW) Malaya Thermal Power Plant (TPP) after only one bidder submitted an offer......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 20th, 2019

DOTr Firm on Stand: Emergency Power Will Help Address Traffic Woes

The Department of Transportation (DOTr) remains steadfast in its position that the legislation of emergency powers will substantially and swiftly address traffic woes in major metropolitan areas in the country. During today’s hearing held by the Senate Committee on Public Services, DOTr Secretary Arthur Tugade, together with sectoral officials and heads of attached agencies, explained […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsSep 12th, 2019

PSALM turns over Bauang property to La Union government

State-run Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management Corp. (PSALM) has turned over its Bauang property to the provincial government of La Union......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 23rd, 2019

NPA rebels disarm security guards of power firm in MisOr

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (MindaNews/19 August)—New People’s Army rebels disarmed security guards at a quarry site of Minergy Power Corporation in Balingasag town, Misamis Oriental Monday morning. Lt. Col. Anthony Derilo, commanding officer of 57th Infantry Battalion said the rebels carted away five AK47 rifles a radio and several rounds of ammunition from the guards […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsAug 19th, 2019

Solar power project to benefit 2,500 households in Sarangani

GENERAL SANTOS CITY (MindaNews/12 July) – Around 2,500 households in remote upland villages in Sarangani province are set to benefit from a P300 million solar power electrification project supported by the European Union (EU). Jelyn Apura, acting head of the Provincial Planning and Development Office (PPDO), said preparations are underway for the implementation of the […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsJul 12th, 2019

Razon’s firm stopped from taking over PECO assets

A MANDALUYONG court has declared sections of the law that granted Razon-led MORE Electric and Power Corp. a franchise as a distribution utility in Iloilo City as void and unconstitutional for infringing on the right of the area’s existing electricity distributor Panay Electric Co., Inc. (PECO) to due process and equal protection of the law......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJul 10th, 2019

PSALM slates sale of idle power plants

State-run Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management Corp. (PSALM) has set the sale of two idle power plant properties to help reduce its liabilities......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 2nd, 2019

Chinese firm supplies electricity to Aeta communities - Philippine Canadian Inquirer

Chinese firm supplies electricity to Aeta communities Philippine Canadian Inquirer POWER FROM THE SUN. Officials inspect the 46-kilowatt peak centralized solar power system in Sitio New Baliwet, San.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJun 29th, 2019

Iloilo power firm PECO sues city councilors, 2 others

ILOILO CITY — Panay Electric Co., Inc. (PECO), the embattled power distributor in lloilo City, filed a criminal case against two outgoing councilors and two other persons for allegedly damaging the company’s reputation......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJun 28th, 2019

Jet Spikers turn back Ball Hammers in 4 sets

Air Force used its power and came out better than Sta. Elena in their fierce duel on the net, pulling off a 25-22, 25-22, 26-28, 29-27 victory to firm up its bid in the Spikers’ Turf Reinforced Conference at the Paco Arena in Manila last Tuesday......»»

Category: sportsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 28th, 2019

Peco debunks resignation of top exec

By: Emme Rose Santiagudo and Francis Allan L. Angelo ENGR. Randy Pastolero, assistant vice president for operations of Panay Electric Co. (Peco), remains an employee of the embattled power distribution firm. “Ari pa di siya subong. As of today, wala siya nagresign (He is still here. As of today, he has not resigned),” according to […] The post Peco debunks resignation of top exec appeared first on Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsJun 24th, 2019

Taiwanese company expands Laguna manufacturing facility

TAIPEI — Taiwanese power supply firm AcBel Polytech, Inc. is set to expand not just its manufacturing facility in Taiwan, but also its factory in Laguna, Philippines, which is expected to be completed within the first half of 2020......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJun 14th, 2019

Psalm firm on pursuing San Miguel over Ilijan

THE Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management Corp. (Psalm) is sticking to its claim that San Miguel Corp. (SMC) still has unpaid dues for operating the 1,200-megawatt (MW) Ilijan power…READ The post Psalm firm on pursuing San Miguel over Ilijan appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJun 6th, 2019

MLB attendance down another 1.4%, 4th straight drop

By Ronald Blum, Associated Press NEW YORK (AP) — The Tampa Bay Rays and Miami Marlins drew 12,653 Wednesday night — combined. Baltimore, Cincinnati, Minnesota and Tampa Bay set stadium lows this year. Kansas City had its smallest home crowd since 2011 and Toronto and San Francisco since 2010. The Marlins' average attendance is less than Triple-A Las Vegas. Major League Baseball's overall average of 26,854 through Wednesday is 1.4% below the 27,242 through the similar point last season, which wound up below 30,000 for the first time since 2003. Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred attributes this year's drop to fewer season tickets but emphasizes day-of-game sales are up 6%. "Given the explosion of entertainment alternatives and the growth of the secondary market, it is not surprising that season ticket sales can be challenging," he said. "The clubs are responding to this challenge with creative and effective approaches. For example, sales of subscription tickets are double what they were a year ago. And the Twins recently had a $5 flash sale that produced crowds of over 30,000 in three of four games, and the largest single-game attendance since 2016." Nineteen of the 30 teams have seen their average fall from a similar point last year, with the largest drops in Toronto (6,963), San Francisco (6,463), Baltimore (3,839) and Detroit (3,686). Large rises have taken place for Philadelphia (10,383), Oakland (4,027), San Diego (3,465) and the Chicago White Sox (2,311). The Phillies signed Bryce Harper and the Padres added Manny Machado. "A lot of it comes down to competition. Fans want to know their teams are doing everything they can to compete for a championship every year," union head Tony Clark said. "I see every empty seat as a missed opportunity. Experiencing a game and seeing players perform in person creates a bond with baseball; our industry needs to find ways to convert those empty seats into lifelong fans." MLB's average peaked at 32,785 in 2007 — the last year before the Great Recession and the next-to-last season before the New York Yankees and Mets moved to smaller stadiums. The average was at 30,517 in 2015 before sliding for three straight years, and last season's final figure of 28,830 marked a 4% drop, the overall number hurt by unusually cold and wet weather early in the season. Manfred points to other metrics that please MLB: Games top prime-time cable ratings in 24 of 25 markets and MLB.tv streaming is up 8.5%. He views increases for the Phillies, Padres, Athletics and White Sox tied to team performance. Florida remains a problem on both coasts. Despite a sparkling, eight-season-old ballpark with a retractable roof, Miami is averaging 9,554 in Derek Jeter's second season as chief executive — below the 9,582 average for Triple-A Las Vegas in its first season at a new 10,000-capacity stadium. Tampa Bay plays in one of the most outmoded facilities in the major leagues and drew 5,786 against the Blue Jays on Tuesday, the smallest home crowd for the Rays, who started play at Tropicana Field in 1998. "The more people there are, the more energy there's going to be," Tampa Bay outfielder Kevin Kiermaier said. "No matter what crowd you're playing in front of, you have to get motivated." A quartet of last-place teams has seen swaths of empty seats. Miami is on track to have the lowest home attendance in the National League for the seventh straight season. Tampa Bay is at the bottom of the AL for the fifth consecutive year. "Any time you're seeing less people show up to the ballpark, I think you're wondering why and you're wondering how you can change that," said Miami first baseman Neil Walker, accustomed to big crowds from his time in New York. "You've got to assume that it has a little bit to do with it being expensive to come to the ballpark." Having traded many veterans, the Orioles are 28th in the majors at 16,263. Baltimore topped 2 million in 21 of its first 25 seasons at Camden Yards, exceeding 3 million nine times. But the Orioles drew 6,585 against Oakland on April 8, the lowest in the ballpark's 28-season history except for a 2015 game closed to the public at a time when the city was plagued by rioting. "I wish fans were here. When we played in Wrigley, the energy level was off the charts," first-year Orioles manager Brandon Hyde said. "I'm hoping that someday soon that will be the case here." Cincinnati's crowd of 7,799 against Milwaukee on April 1 was the lowest for a Reds' home game since 1984 at Riverfront Stadium. That same day, Toronto drew 10,460 against the Orioles, the smallest attendance at the Rogers Centre since 2010. San Francisco drew 28,030 vs. Pittsburgh on April 10, the Giants' lowest home crowd since 2010. Kansas City's crowd of 10,024 against the Twins on April 2 was the lowest at Kauffman Stadium since 2011. Minnesota drew 11,465 against Toronto on April 17, the lowest figure in Target Field's 10-season history. "As a kid, I loved more than anything to go to the ballpark and I loved nothing more than playing baseball," Walker said. "But I think a lot of people are just — they want action now. They don't want to be totally consumed with a game maybe that's just not timed." ___ AP Baseball Writer Mike Fitzpatrick and AP Sports Writer David Ginsburg contributed to this report......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMay 31st, 2019

HOLD YOUR HORSES: PECO tells MORE Power to wait until court cases are resolved

By: Emme Rose Santiagudo and Francis Allan L. Angelo PANAY Electric Co. (PECO) told its rival firm MORE Electric and Power Co. (MORE Power) to wait for the resolution of pending court cases before attempting to take over power distribution services in the city. PECO Administrative Manager Marcelo Cacho was referring to the case they […] The post HOLD YOUR HORSES: PECO tells MORE Power to wait until court cases are resolved appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsMay 22nd, 2019

NEW BRAND, BETTER SERVICES: MORE Power unveils logo, service programs

By: Emme Rose Santiagudo MORE Electric and Power Co. (MORE Power) hopes that its new brand and look will redound to better services for Iloilo City consumers. The power firm unveiled its new logo and plans in taking over power distribution services in the city in a press conference at Hotel del Rio on May […] The post NEW BRAND, BETTER SERVICES: MORE Power unveils logo, service programs appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsMay 21st, 2019

BDO completes sale of 15% stake in rural bank unit ONB

BDO Unibank, Inc. said it completed the sale of a minority stake in its rural banking unit to a Singapore investment firm......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMay 17th, 2019

Grid firm says supply of power so far sufficient

The NATIONAL GRID Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) expects May 13’s available power generating capacity in Luzon to be at 11,740 megawatts (MW) as against a peak system demand of 9,047 MW, giving the grid operator a margin of 2,693 MW sufficiently covering the midterm elections......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMay 12th, 2019

Solar power plant opens in GenSan

GENERAL SANTOS CITY (MindaNews/26 April) — Renewable energy firm Harbor Star Energy Corp. (HSEC) unveiled on Thursday its P2.2-billion solar power plant project in a coastal village here. HSEC and city officials led the formal commissioning of the 25-megawatt (MW) solar power plant, which is the first in the city and considered as among the […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsApr 28th, 2019