Advertisements


We are sorry, the requested page does not exist




Ruru Madrid, apektado ang career sa kanegahan ng ka-love team na si Gabbi Garcia

Usap-usapan sa radio show ni Fernan de Guzman aka Ms. F sa Radio Inquirer kanina (Friday) ang tungkol sa pagiging negative nitong baguhan na si Gabbi Garcia. Tinalakay nina Ogie Ignacio at Boy Romero (Ms. … Read More The post Ruru Madrid, apektado a.....»»

Category: newsSource:  pinoyparazziRelated NewsJul 22nd, 2016

Bato ready to resign

MANILA, Philippines - Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa is willing to give up his post if President Duterte will ask h.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 21st, 2017

Eagerness to bounce back backfires on Rain or Shine

Losing a heavyweight bout to San Miguel exactly a week ago, Rain or Shine was obviously pumped to bounce back. The Elasto Painters looked like they had the perfect opportunity to do so as they were matched up with Meralco, a team coming in with six straight defeats Friday. However, their eagerness backfired as the Bolts scored an 82-72 upset, dropping ROS to a 5-4 record in the Philippine Cup. Now, instead of solo second, the Elasto Painters figure in a tie with at least two teams in the standings. 'Medyo nag-lack kami sa pag-follow sa sistema ni coach Caloy. Medyo gigil din kami sa talo namin sa San Miguel. Sobrang gusto namin mag-bounce back, bumaligtad,' Jerico Cruz said who was one of ROS' key pieces that struggled all game. 'Like I said after our loss to San Miguel, ang worry ko is who we will come out. And we came out flat. Give credit to Meralco. They played a great game and they play different when they’re complete. We just have to correct the wrong things we had tonight,' head coacj Caloy Garcia added. While they still have a fighting chance to make the top 2, Rain or Shine is more worried on actually staying in the playoff picture more than trying to get a twice-to-beat bonus in the quarterfinals. With teams piling up in the middle of the standings separated by only one game or so, winning out might be the only option right now for the Elasto Painters to avoid a sudden collapse. 'Ang crucial dito, hindi pa kami sure sa quarterfinals. Kapag natalo kami nang dalawang straight, baka malaglag pa,' James Yap, the only ROS player to actually play decent to finish with 17 points, said. 'As much as possible, we want to be in the Top 6. Yung Top 2, saka na ‘yan. If we have a chance, why not? Pero ngayon we’re just looking forward on winning another game first,' Garcia added.   --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @paullintag8 .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 20th, 2017

Pursuing a record 23rd major title, Williams opens with win

JOHN PYE, AP Sports Writer   MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — For the first five games in the second set, Serena Williams played almost flawless tennis in her first-round match at the Australian Open. Then came the rustiness that tends to follow a lengthy layoff, giving Belinda Bencic a glimmer of hope, before Williams regained her composure to win 6-4, 6-3 on Tuesday. The six-time Australian Open champion improved her impressive record in the first round of Grand Slam tournaments to 65-1. The No. 2-ranked Williams' priority here is an Open era record 23rd major title. She's one win down — beating a player who was seeded 12th here last year and reached a career-high No. 7 ranking last February — and is targeting six more at Melbourne Park. 'She was just recently in the top 10. I knew it would be one of the toughest first-round matches I've ever played,' the newly engaged Williams said. In round two she'll meet Lucie Safarova, who beat Yanina Wickmayer 3-6, 7-6 (7), 6-1. Bencic got one service break in the first set, but only took two points in the first three games on Williams' serve in the second. Serving for the match at 6-4, 5-1, things changed. Williams finished her 2016 after the U.S. Open, resting injuries. And started 2017 with an error-prone loss in Auckland, New Zealand. Williams served only her second double-fault of the match to give Bencic a break-point chance, and Bencic converted it with a crosscourt winning forehand. The Swiss teenager held at love and then faced a match point, when Williams double-faulted again. The 35-year-old Williams made no mistake on her second match point and pumped her first in celebration. She finished with 30 winners and 30 unforced errors, eight errors and four double-faults. Karolina Pliskova and Johanna Konta both had their Grand Slam breakthroughs last year, both prepared for the season's first major with title runs in Australia and both advanced with straight sets wins. U.S. Open finalist Pliskova following her title win at the Brisbane International with a 6-2, 6-0 victory over Sara Sorribes Tormo. The fifth-seeded Pliskova, who beat Serena Williams in the U.S. Open semifinals before losing the final to Angelique Kerber, has never advanced past the third round at Melbourne Park — losing at that stage in the last two years to Ekaterina Makarova. Pliskova is feeling more confident this time. 'I feel good on the court, especially when I win my first title in the first week of the year,' Pliskova said. 'So I'm ready for the tournament.' Konta, who won the Sydney International title last week, had a tougher time in beating Kirsten Flipkens 7-5, 6-2 on Margaret Court Arena. 'I definitely love playing here. It's a dream. A lot has happened in the last year, but I'm just enjoying playing and getting better each day.' Ninth-seeded Konta was a surprise semifinalist in her debut at the Australian Open last year, starting with a first-round win over Venus Williams and sparking a strong 2016 season which ended with her in the top 10. In other early results, No. 21 Caroline Garcia beat Kateryna Bondarenko 7-6 (4), 6-4 and No. 30 Makarova had a 6-0, 4-6, 6-1 win over Ekaterina Alexandrova. On the men's side, No. 25 Gilles Simon beat U.S. wild-card entry Michael Mmoh 6-1, 6-3, 6-3. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 16th, 2017

PDP-Laban execs to meet with Communist Party of China - Inquirer.net

PDP-Laban execs to meet with Communist Party of China - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 13th, 2017

One of the most Catholic countries in the world will give free birth control to millions of women - Washington Post

One of the most Catholic countries in the world will give free birth control to millions of women - Washington Post.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 12th, 2017

Pimentel open to possible shift in Senate leadership

MANILA, Philippines — Senate President Aquilino "Koko" Pimentel III is willing to give up leadership of the Senate if he loses the support of majority of his.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 10th, 2017

Beermen stay hot after surviving Gin Kings in thriller

It wasn't as dominant as their last couple of wins but it was a win regardless. Two-time defending Philippine Cup champion San Miguel pushed its winning streak to six games after surviving sister team Ginebra in a low-scoring affair, 72-70, Sunday at the Big Dome. Already assured of a quarterfinal berth after taking care of Blackwater just two days ago, the Beermen have started their quest for a twice-to-beat advantage in the quarterfinals. The champs also maintained their stranglehold of first place after pushing their record to a near-perfect 7-1. San Miguel appeared to cruise to a victory, leading by eight with two minutes to go but Ginebra got two booming treys from Joe Devance and LA Tenorio to make things interesting. With 11 seconds to go, the Gin Kings had the chance to tie or go for the win after Marcio Lassiter missed two crucial free throws but Tenorio's floater was way short against the defense of Arwind Santos. 'I know from the start na this will be a tight game for us dahil I think the energy of our team has gone down since our last game against Blackwater,' head coach Leo Austria said who once again started his post-game talk with his now infamous 'well ah...' remark. 'Mabuti na lang talagang may kaunti pang Petron na laman ang gas tank ng mga players,' he added finding time to put a little product placement here and there. Despite a broken nose, Alex Cabagnot once again led the Beermen in scoring with 16 points while Santos posted a double-double of 10 points and 12 rebounds. Ronald Tubid came off the bench to add another 10 points for the champs. Meanwhile, Ginebra's up-and-down season continued as the Gin Kings dropped to 3-4 in the Philippine Cup. Japeth Aguilar picked up where he left off from Christmas and paced Ginebra with 17 points.   The scores: SAN MIGUEL 72 - Cabagnot 16, Tubid 12, Santos 10, Fajardo 9, Lassiter 7, Espinas 7, De Ocampo 5, Ross 4, Garcia 2, Heruela 0. GINEBRA 70 - Aguilar 17, Mercado 11, Tenorio 8, Devance 7, Ferrer 7, Thompson 6, Cruz 6, Ellis 2, Mariano 2, Marcelo 2, Caguioa 2. Quarters: 15-17, 32-31, 53-49, 72-70   --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @paullintag8 .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 8th, 2017

Man City routs West Ham 5-0 to reach FA Cup 4th round

LONDON (AP) — Manchester City swept aside West Ham 5-0 to reach the fourth round of the FA Cup on Friday, bringing an upbeat end to a testing week for coach Pep Guardiola. Midfielder Yaya Toure's penalty, Norwegian defender Havard Nordtveit's own goal and a strike from midfielder David Silva made it 3-0 by halftime. Top scorer Sergio Aguero and defender John Stones added goals after the break to give Guardiola the easiest of introductions to world soccer's oldest knockout competition. As well as a handsome win, it was welcome relief for Guardiola — the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach, who is still adapting to his first season in England. He has been facing criticism following some erratic recent performances in the Premier League. City scraped past a gritty Burnley side 2-1 at home on Monday, following on from a 1-0 defeat away to title rival Liverpool — City's fourth league defeat of the campaign. This rout vindicated Guardiola's decision to field a strong line-up, and he clearly showed he is taking the competition seriously by recalling two of his best players in Silva and Aguero. West Ham, by contrast, left star player Dimitri Payet on the bench and immediately found itself under pressure against a City side which is fourth in the Premier League, seven points behind leader Chelsea after 20 games. Silva's early cut-back found Pablo Zabaleta, whose goalbound shot was blocked by Winston Reid, before Gael Clichy set up Silva only for his effort to be kept out by goalkeeper Adrian at the near post. Raheem Sterling was then denied by a superbly timed Reid tackle and from the resulting corner Adrian tipped Aguero's volley over. The pressure was always going to tell, though, and in the 32nd minute Zabaleta tumbled to the floor under Angelo Ogbonna's challenge. There was only minimal contact but referee Michael Oliver quickly pointed to the spot and Toure converted the penalty. West Ham then collapsed at the Olympic Stadium. City doubled its lead in the 41st minute, as Sterling arrived at the far post and forced an own goal from Nordtveit trying to clear Bacary Sagna's cross. It was all too easy for City as two minutes later Sterling took his turn to race down West Ham's weak left flank. The winger laid the ball across goal to Silva, who from six yards (meters) out had time to take a touch and steady himself before slotting in. Five minutes into the second half, Toure rifled a shot through a crowded area and Aguero diverted the ball into the net. A chastening evening for West Ham got even worse in the final 10 minutes when Stones headed in Nolito's corner. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 6th, 2017

9-man Athletic beats Barcelona 2-1 in Copa del Rey

BILBAO, Spain (AP) — Barcelona's two-year reign of the Copa del Rey was in jeopardy after it lost to a nine-man Athletic Bilbao 2-1 at a packed San Mames Stadium on Thursday. Athletic played a man down from the 74th minute, and two men down from the 80th because of red cards in a drama-filled first-leg match in the round of 16. Aritz Aduriz scored and set up another goal in the first half for Athletic, and Lionel Messi scored for Barcelona from a free kick early in the second half. Messi hit the post from inside the area three minutes into stoppage time, and Paco Alcacer missed the open net off the rebound. 'We reacted well and deserved a draw for all the chances we created,' Barcelona coach Luis Enrique said. 'We just lacked that touch of precision in front of the goal.' Athletic beat Barcelona for only the third time in 32 matches over the last 10 years. In that period, Barcelona has beaten Athletic in three Copa del Rey finals, won their last three league matches, and won both legs of their quarterfinal matchup last year. But a draw next week in the second leg at Camp Nou will be enough to send Athletic to the quarterfinals. 'We are happy,' Atlhetic coach Ernesto Valverde said. 'We earned a small advantage and we will try to maintain it in the second leg.' Athletic took control early as Aduriz's header opened the scoring in the 25th, and Inaki Williams padded the lead after a pass by Aduriz in the 28th. Messi pulled Barcelona closer by converting a free kick in the 52nd, with the ball just barely crossing the line after a save attempt by Athletic goalkeeper Gorka Iraizoz. Second yellow cards by midfielders Raul Garcia and Ander Iturraspe reduced Athletic, which had to endure a siege by the visitors. Athletic's only loss at San Mames this season was against Barcelona in its first home game in the league. Since then, it has won 11 games and drawn one. In other first-leg matches, Real Madrid defeated Sevilla 3-0 at home on Wednesday, while visiting Atletico Madrid beat Las Palmas 2-0 on Tuesday. All return matches are next week. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 5th, 2017

DFA ready to give legal help to OFW jailed in Kuwait for IS link - Inquirer.net

DFA ready to give legal help to OFW jailed in Kuwait for IS link - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsDec 27th, 2016

Arroyo denies seeking Speaker post - Inquirer.net

Arroyo denies seeking Speaker post - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsDec 14th, 2016

Trump jokes to Duterte: Give me tips on dealing with SOB - Inquirer.net

Trump jokes to Duterte: Give me tips on dealing with SOB - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsDec 7th, 2016

Arroyo: Duterte didn't offer Cabinet post, but showed narco-list - Inquirer.net

Arroyo: Duterte didn't offer Cabinet post, but showed narco-list - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsDec 5th, 2016

Ruru Madrid greets Gabbi Garcia with ‘I love you’ post

Ruru Madrid greets Gabbi Garcia with ‘I love you’ post.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 5th, 2016

JBC lists 5 bets for vacant SC post - Inquirer.net

JBC lists 5 bets for vacant SC post - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsDec 2nd, 2016

Pangasinan now administration stronghold as officials join PDP-Laban - Inquirer.net

Pangasinan now administration stronghold as officials join PDP-Laban - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsDec 1st, 2016

'Give ARMM a chance' - Inquirer.net

'Give ARMM a chance' - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsDec 1st, 2016

Who ordered Bato to return axed police exec to old post? - Inquirer.net

Who ordered Bato to return axed police exec to old post? - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsNov 29th, 2016

Diokno quits post over Marcos burial - Inquirer.net

Diokno quits post over Marcos burial - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsNov 29th, 2016