Advertisements


Investigate Cavite doctor’s slay, NBI told

MANILA, Philippines - Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II yesterday ordered the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to conduct a separate probe on the.....»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarJul 17th, 2017

Aguirre orders NBI to probe slay of seaman’s wife, daughter in Cavite

    Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II has ordered the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to investigate the double-murder of a seaman's wife and daughter in General Trias City, Cavite. Aguirreon Thursdaysigned a department order instructing the NBI to conduct an investigation and case build-upon the deaths of Ruby Gamos, 34, and daughter Shaniah Nicole, 7. READ: Killer in Cavite double-murder possibly known to victims --- police The justice chief also ordered NBI Director Dante Gierran to regularly submit a progress update of the investigationto his office. The two were found dead inside their home at Kensington, Barangay Navarro last Tuesday, Dec. ...Keep on reading: Aguirre orders NBI to probe slay of seaman’s wife, daughter in Cavite.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 14th, 2017

Medical execs condemn Cavite doctor’s slay

MANILA, Philippines -  The medical community has condemned the killing of a government doctor in Cavite last week......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 16th, 2017

Strengthen health of dengvaxia children, parents told

THE newly-appointed Department of Health – CALABARZON (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, Quezon) regional director yesterday advised parents of Dengvaxia Vaccine Individuals (DVIs) to strengthen the immune system of their children through proper nutrition and suitable food supplements. Dr. Eduardo Janairo said that while waiting for a final conclusion of the….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsApr 16th, 2018

Cadets confined to PNPA after mauling controversy

MANILA, Philippines – About 20 cadets from the Philippine National Police Academy (PNPA)  have been confined to the school headquarters in Camp Castañeda in Cavite, after being linked to  the 2018 graduation day mauling  which sent 6 fresh graduates to the hospital. "[They are] restricted in [the] camp," PNPA Director Chief Superintendent Joseph Adnol told Rappler in ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMar 26th, 2018

[Gameplan] Claire Adorna: SEA Games gold medalist

Two months before the South East Asian (SEA) Games in 2015, elite triathlete Claire Adorna was told to stop running due to an ankle injury. “Nakuha ko 'yung injury ko dati pa raw (I've been injured for a long time already) according to my doctor. Sobrang frustrating kasi siyempre (Of course, ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMar 16th, 2018

PSL: Generika-Ayala nabs first win, keeps Smart winless

Generika-Ayala outlasted Smart, 25-21, 25-23, 23-25, 22-25, 15-11, in a grueling five-setter in the 2018 Philippine Superliga Grand Prix Tuesday at Imus Sports Center in Cavite. It was the Lifesavers' first win after starting the conference at 0-4 but it took everything they got to hold off the Giga Hitters. "I just told them not to get pressured. Just follow the instruction and treat this match as if this is just a practice game," said Generika-Ayala coach Sherwin Meneses. Darlene Ramdin of Trinidad and Tobago kept her composure, hitting 26 points off 23 kills and three blocks to lead the way for Generika. The Lifersavers turned to Ramdin in the crucial stages and the re...Keep on reading: PSL: Generika-Ayala nabs first win, keeps Smart winless.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 13th, 2018

Austria turns emotional after Beermen get win for his ailing wife

Despite winning to advance to yet another semifinal appearance, San Miguel head coach Leo Austria was not in his usual jolly mood Tuesday as he made his post-game press conference at the Mall of Asia Arena. No one can blame him though as he went to coach the Beermen while his wife is in the hospital. Mrs. Austria underwent kidney transplant Monday night. "First of all I want to praise God. I never had sleep last night because of my wife. She's been under... she undergone a kidney transplant," coach Leo said. "But thank you Lord, very successful operation for her, and I know she's watching right now," he added. Austria said that he received a call earlier from the doctor saying that his wife is now doing well. And the reigning three-time coach of the year made sure to send his appreciation to all those that helped his wife through this trying time. "This afternoon I was told by the doctor na everything is okay and now she's in the recovery room. Very successful, and thank you sa mga doctor, especially wife of Rommel Adducul, who helped us a lot, going to the kidney transplant," he said. "This afternoon I was told by the doctor na everything is okay and now she's in the recovery room. Very successful, and thank you sa mga doctor, especially wife of Rommel Adducul, who helped us a lot, going to the kidney transplant," Austria added. As the Beermen needed only one game to take down rival TNT to make it to the next round, Austria also made sure to express his gratitude to his team for always having his back. "Thank you San Miguel, especially my players, for giving me this win. Thank you," the Beermen. The Beermen made sure as well not to disappoint their champion coach. "Ginagawa namin siyang inspirasyon. Dahil hindi lang naman siya ang nalugar sa ganyang sitwasyon, pati ako dumaan na rin sa sitwasyon na yan," Arwind Santos said. If you recall, Arwind's mother collapsed during a San Miguel-TNT game back in 2015. She sadly passed away a year later. "Kailangan lang namin lakasan ang kalooban namin. Hindi naman kasi namin mako-control kung ano nangyayari sa mundo, sa atin. Kapag may nangyari, wala kang ibang choice kun'di magdasal na lang," he added. Ultimately, this win was for coach Leo and his family. "We really wanted to just play for him and his family. We know that he had a heavy heart and he hasn''t been getting much sleep. He's been with us at practice every day, hasn't complained about it, hasn't brought it up, hasn't mentioned it," guard Chris Ross said. "We really wanted to go out there and play hard and try to get that win for the Austria family," he added.   --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @paullintag8.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMar 6th, 2018

Court drops raps vs 7 cops charged with illegal arrest of Bohol mayor’s slay suspects

CEBU CITY---A local court has dismissed the charges filed against seven policemen accused of illegally arresting and detaining two of the nine suspects in the killing of Mayor Gisela Boniel of Bien Unido town in Bohol. In her decision, Judge Joy Angelica Santos-Doctor of the Municipal Circuit Trial Court of Trinidad-San Miguel-Bien Unido, Bohol said there was no proof that the police officers had a deliberate intent to violate the law in arresting Lobo Boniel and Brian Sayson. "The acts by which they were arrested, as per their complaints, failed to show a clear intent to violate the law or a flagrant disregard of established rules. Hence, they are presumed to have regularly perfor...Keep on reading: Court drops raps vs 7 cops charged with illegal arrest of Bohol mayor’s slay suspects.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2018

Announce Your Baby’s Gender the Iya Villania and Kylie Jenner Way

Over the weekend, I asked one of my aunts if she already knew the gender of her third baby. She told me that her doctor still wasn't sure after checking twice within the seven months she's been pregnant. Good thing she isn't throwing a gender reveal party or it would've been a hassle if they got it wrong. On the plus side though, gender reveals can be exciting for the parents and their close friends and family. It's also interesting to see how creative they get when coming up with them. If you want to throw your own gender reveal party, take cues from these celebrities. Popping a balloon A post shared by Sarah Lahbati (@sarahlahbati) on Oct 22, 2017 at 4:56am PDT ...Keep on reading: Announce Your Baby’s Gender the Iya Villania and Kylie Jenner Way.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 26th, 2018

Nowitzki disgusted by report of hostile workplace for Mavs

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dirk Nowitzki said Wednesday night (Thursday, PHL time) he was “disgusted” to read about allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct by former team president Terdema Ussery in a Sports Illustrated report that described a hostile workplace for women. The 20-year player who has spent his entire career with the Mavericks told reporters after the first post-All-Star break practice in Los Angeles that he was glad the franchise was addressing the situation by hiring outside counsel to investigate the allegations. “It’s very disappointing,” Nowitzki told The Dallas Morning News. “It’s heartbreaking. I’m glad it’s all coming out. I was disgusted when I read the article, obviously, as everybody was. I was shocked ... that our franchise, my franchise, that stuff like that was going on.” Ussery was accused of making sexually suggestive remarks to several women. He spent 18 years with the team before going to the sports apparel company Under Armour in 2015. Ussery, who was investigated by the team over similar claims in 1998, denied the allegations in a statement to SI. The report said team website reporter Earl Sneed was twice accused of domestic assault while working for the Mavericks, including a guilty plea in a case that was dismissed when he met the conditions of the agreement. The team said Sneed had been fired, and Mavericks owner Mark Cuban told SI that he fired human resources director Buddy Pittman after learning details of the magazine’s report. The Mavericks said Wednesday (Thursday, PHL time) they hired Evan Krutoy and Anne Milgram to lead the independent investigation. Krutoy served as a prosecutor at the Manhattan District Attorney’s office for over 20 years and served as Acting Deputy Bureau Chief of the Sex Crimes Unit. Milgram is a professor at New York University School of Law, and a former New Jersey attorney general. A day earlier, the NBA said the Mavericks had informed the league of the allegations involving Ussery and Sneed. The league said it would “closely monitor” the investigation. “Their findings are going to go directly to Mark Cuban and (Commissioner) Adam Silver, and the Mavericks will abide by whatever recommendations are made,” coach Rick Carlisle said after practice. “I can tell you that when it comes to anything involving the Mavericks, Mark Cuban is a strong believer in extreme ownership, extreme accountability.” SI contacted six female former Mavericks or American Airlines Center employees who claimed they left the sports sector because of a structure that left them feeling vulnerable and devalued while protecting powerful men who misbehaved. A male former department head said there was “built-in protection for a lot of men.” A woman who had recently been hired as a support staffer said Ussery made sexually suggestive remarks to her in the media dining room before a game during the 2010-11 season, when the Mavericks won their only NBA championship. The woman said she had been told by others to be wary of Ussery. “Obviously there’s a problem in the Mavericks organization and we’ve got to fix it,” Cuban told the magazine. “I’m embarrassed, to be honest with you, that it happened under my ownership, and it needs to be fixed.” Cuban declined comment to The Associated Press on Wednesday (Thursday, PHL time). Two women claimed Ussery harassed them for years, incidents that ranged from inappropriate remarks to requests for sex to touching women’s calves and thighs during meetings. Ussery had left Nike to join the Mavericks and had previously served as commissioner of the old Continental Basketball Association. He was praised by former NBA Commissioner David Stern and served as the Mavericks’ alternate governor with the league. “I am deeply disappointed that anonymous sources have made such outright false and inflammatory accusations against me,” Ussery said. “During my nearly 20-year tenure with the Mavericks, I am not aware of any sexual harassment complaints about me or any findings by the organization that I engaged in inappropriate conduct.” Ussery said he had raised concerns about other Mavericks employees who he said engaged in inappropriate sexual conduct and the organization didn’t address those concerns. “I believe these misleading claims about me are part of an attempt to shift blame for the failure to remove employees who created an uncomfortable and hostile work environment within the Mavericks organization,” Ussery said Cuban told the magazine that the team was establishing a hotline for counseling and support services for past and current employees. He is mandating sensitivity training for all employees, himself included......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsFeb 22nd, 2018

Shoot me, don’t jail me, Duterte tells Hague court prosecutor

President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday told the International Criminal Court (ICC) to go ahead and investigate him for crimes against humanity, and said he would prefer to face a firing squad than be jailed......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsFeb 9th, 2018

Equal pay for female ‘Doctor Who’

English actress Jodie Whittaker, who will play the time-traveling alien hero in "Doctor Who," confirmed recently that she demanded the same salary as the previous main actor, Peter Capaldi. "I don't imagine you're going to meet a woman this evening who is unenthusiastic about the prospect of equal pay," Whittaker told reporters at the National Television Awards. "It's an incredibly important time, and [equal pay is] a notion that should be supported." Whittaker's casting last year as the first female Doctor, after a dozen male actors in the long-running show, was met with support and disapproval---the latter from viewers who wanted the regenerating hero to stay a man.---OLIVER ...Keep on reading: Equal pay for female ‘Doctor Who’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 4th, 2018

MPTC to raise P35 billion for 2 projects

METRO PACIFIC Tollways Corp. (MPTC) plans to raise P35 billion during the first quarter to fund its Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX) and the C-5 South Link project. “For C-5 South Link and CALAX, we expect to have financial close in the first quarter,” MPTC chief financial officer Christopher Daniel C. Lizo told reporters in a recent […] The post MPTC to raise P35 billion for 2 projects appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJan 28th, 2018

Woman seeks help for 5-year-old granddaughter under chemotherapy for leukemia

Kyla Alejandra Napay was always sick as a baby, prompting her parents to always leave her in the care of her maternal grandmother. At age 4, however, Kyla was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. "I eventually ended up taking care of her. She grew up with me. I am practically her parent. So now, she is my responsibility. But I don't mind because she is my own granddaughter anyway," 50-year-old Analiza Garcia told the Inquirer. Kyla's parents have since separated and now have their own families. Garcia said that she and Kyla left their hometown of Naga City in June 2016 when a doctor there suggested that the young girl had a blood disorder. "To know what really ail...Keep on reading: Woman seeks help for 5-year-old granddaughter under chemotherapy for leukemia.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 21st, 2018

MPIC tollways unit allots P10B for south projects

METRO PACIFIC Tollways Corp. (MPTC) is set to spend P10 billion this year for its projects located in the south of Metro Manila. “For the south, it’s about P10 billion, mostly for CALAX [Cavite-Laguna Expressway] and C-5 South Link,” MPTC Chief Financial Officer Christopher Daniel C. Lizo told reporters. To fund the two projects, Mr. […] The post MPIC tollways unit allots P10B for south projects appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJan 7th, 2018

Suspect in mother, daughter slay in Cavite surrenders

MANILA, Philippines — The suspect in the slay of a mother and her daughter in Cavite surrendered to authorities on Thursday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 28th, 2017

Doctor in Connecticut accused of sex assault gets probation

A Filipino doctor accused of sexually assaulting a male patient who went to him to see him for a heart exam in Bridgeport, Connecticut, was granted a special probation program Tuesday, December 19. The accused, Dr. Louie Gangcuangco, 31, is going back to the Philippines, his lawyer told the court. The judge agreed to grant accelerated rehabilitation for Gangcuangco, who did not plead guilty to charge of fourth-degree sexual assault, according to a report by the Connecticut Post. Accelerated rehabilitation is a pretrial program available to people accused of nonviolent crimes. Under the program Gangcuangco, was placed on one year of probation. The original charge will be dism...Keep on reading: Doctor in Connecticut accused of sex assault gets probation.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 27th, 2017

CBCP seeks ‘serious probe’ of ex-Ecija priest’s slay

MANILA, Philippines — Authorities have been urged to seriously investigate the murder of a retired Nueva Ecija priest by still unidentified assailants last m.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 24th, 2017

Aguirre orders probe of mother, daughter slay in Cavite - Philippine Star

Aguirre orders probe of mother, daughter slay in Cavite - Philippine Star.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsDec 15th, 2017

Aguirre orders probe of mother, daughter slay in Cavite

MANILA, Philippines — Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II has ordered the National Bureau of Investigation to probe the killing of a woman and her child l.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 15th, 2017