Advertisements


Indonesian kidnap victim escapes from Abu Sayyaf

AN INDONESIAN fishing ship worker escaped his Abu Sayyaf captors and has been rescued by security forces, the Western Mindanao Command (WesMinCom) reported on Friday, Dec. 7......»»

Category: financeSource: bworldonline bworldonlineDec 7th, 2018

Indonesian captive escapes Abu captors

ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines – An Indonesian kidnap victim escaped yesterday morning from his Abu Sayyaf captors who were planning to behead him in a mangrove.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 17th, 2016

Kidnap victim escapes Abu Sayyaf captors, picked up by soldiers in Basilan

Kidnap victim escapes Abu Sayyaf captors, picked up by soldiers in Basilan.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsAug 14th, 2017

Westmincom: Another Indonesian kidnap victim freed in Sulu

CAMP NAVARRO, Zamboanga City -- Another Indonesian kidnap victim seized by the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) brigands over a month ago was released Thursday morning in the province of Sulu, a military official here said......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsSep 23rd, 2016

Another Indonesian kidnap victim freed in Sulu

Another Indonesian abducted by the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) was released by his captors in Sulu, the military disclosed Thursday......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsSep 22nd, 2016

Indonesian fisherman escapes from Abu Sayyaf captors

An Indonesian fisherman was rescued after he escaped from his Abu Sayyaf captors in Sulu on Wednesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 6th, 2018

News Briefs

Dureza denies role in ransom for captive   Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Jesus Dureza denied involvement in the release of a 66-year-old farmer from Abu Sayyaf captivity, which the kidnap victim said was made possible by the payment of ransom.   In a statement sent to Inquirer, Dureza said while he welcomed the release of farmer Jose Duterte, of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, he had no role in negotiations for his release nor was aware of any ransom payment.   Dureza said Duterte was "released at a time when I even stopped touching base with some intermediaries when I was informed that they were demanding ransom payments."   "Governme...Keep on reading: News Briefs.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 6th, 2018

Kidnap victim Duterte rescued in Sulu

ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines – Government troops have rescued a kidnap victim who had been held by the Abu Sayyaf group for over a year in Sulu, the military said. Continued military operations against the Abu Sayyaf in Panamao, Sulu, paved the way for the rescue of Jose Duterte, ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 2nd, 2018

Another Abu Sayyaf kidnap victim released – OPPAP

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 22 May) – Jolo-based district engineer Enrico Nee was released on Monday in Patikul, Sulu more than four months after he was abducted by the Abu Sayyaf Group. The release of another Abu Sayyaf kidnap victim came only two days after the terrorist group freed P02 Benierose Alvarez and PO 1 […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsMay 22nd, 2018

 Abu Sayyaf frees Public Works employee

THE ABU Sayyaf Group (ASG) has released another kidnap victim in Patikul, Sulu on Monday, according to the military. Enrico Nee, identified as half Chinese and half Filipino and an employee of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) in the area, was freed in the vicinity of Barangay Latih, said Brig. Gen. Cirilito Sobejana, [...] The post  Abu Sayyaf frees Public Works employee appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMay 21st, 2018

Abu Sayyaf releases captive in Sulu

A kidnap victim, who was abducted along with two female cops and another male companion, had been freed unharmed by the Abu Sayyaf group in Patikul town, Sulu, according to security official......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 8th, 2018

Talk to Abu Sayyaf, Australian kidnap victim urges gov’t

ZAMBOANGA CITY --- Like President Rodrigo Duterte, Australian kidnap victim Warren Rodwell said he favored talking to Abu Sayyaf bandits to determine what they really wanted, hoping to stop the group's criminal activities. "I don't want the Philippine government to kill or hurt my captors. The way to reach to them is to talk to them. If they are arrested, don't kill [them]; put them behind bars," Rodwell said through a Facebook chat on Sunday. Rodwell issued the statement after learning that Nurhassan Jamiri, the leader of the group that abducted him in 2011, had yielded to the military. The Basilan-based Jamiri surrendered to soldiers in Hadji Mohammad Ajul town on March 28...Keep on reading: Talk to Abu Sayyaf, Australian kidnap victim urges gov’t.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 3rd, 2018

Remains of Vietnamese kidnap victim return to Vietnam

      ZAMBOANGACITY--The remains of the Vietnamese boat captain, one of those kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf last year, had been shipped back toVietnam after Vietnamese embassy officials ordered the exhumation of the body and DNA testing last week.   Navy Rear Admiral Rene Medina, commander of the Naval Forces in Western Mindanao, confirmed that diplomats fromVietnamcame over to thePhilippinesto secure DNA samples from the body of Pham Minh Tuan.   Tuan was a boat captain of cargo vessel MV Royal-16 who was kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf bandits off Sibago Island in Basilan, along with five of his crew members onNov. 11last year.   Brigadier...Keep on reading: Remains of Vietnamese kidnap victim return to Vietnam.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 15th, 2017

8-year-old Abu Sayyaf kidnap victim released in Sulu, brought to Malacañang - GMA News

8-year-old Abu Sayyaf kidnap victim released in Sulu, brought to Malacañang - GMA News.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2017

German kidnap victim confirmed dead

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews /28 Feb) &'8212; Authorities have confirmed the death of a 70-year old German national in the hands of the Abu Sayyaf in Sulu. &'8220;We grieve as we strongly condemn the barbaric beheading of yet another  kidnap victim, German Juergen Gustav Kantner in Sulu,&'8221; Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Jesus Dureza said [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2017

Abu Sayyaf releases kidnap victim - Manila Bulletin

Abu Sayyaf releases kidnap victim - Manila Bulletin.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsNov 16th, 2016

3 more Indonesian kidnap victims freed in Sulu

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/ 02 October) &'8212; Three more Indonesian captives were freed by the terrorist group Abu Sayyaf before noon Sunday, two weeks after the bandits released Norwegian national Kjartan Sekkingstad last September 17 in Patikul, Sulu and t.....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsOct 2nd, 2016

LOOK: Another Indonesian victim released by the Abu Sayyaf - Rappler

LOOK: Another Indonesian victim released by the Abu Sayyaf - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsSep 22nd, 2016

Offensive vs Abu Sayyaf to continue

FOLLOWING the release of one Norwegian and three Indonesian hostages, the military on Sunday vowed to maintain intense pressure on the Abu Sayyaf terrorist and kidnap group to force it to free other captives. Gen. Ricardo Visaya, chief of staff of the Arm.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsSep 18th, 2016

Intensified operations continues, three Indonesian kidnap victims freed in Sulu

The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Sunday said that Indonesian kidnap victims Lorens Koten, Teodurus Kofung and Emmanuel were released by the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsSep 18th, 2016

Abu Sayyaf beheads kidnap victim – military

Abu Sayyaf beheads kidnap victim – military.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsAug 24th, 2016