Advertisements


We are sorry, the requested page does not exist




Gatlin fires coach, shocked by newspaper allegations

LONDON (AP) — World 100-meter champion Justin Gatlin fired coach Dennis Mitchell following an undercover investigation reported Tuesday that appeared to show people linked to the sprinter offering to supply performance-enhancing drugs.   A post shared by justingatlin (@justingatlin) on Dec 18, 2017 at 11:20pm PST "I was shocked and surprised to learn that my coach would have anything to do with even the appearance of these current accusations," Gatlin wrote in a post on his Instagram account. "I fired him as soon as I found out about this." The IAAF's Athletics Integrity Unit said it is investigating the allegations in conjunction with the United States Anti-Doping Agency. The report was published in Tuesday's edition of British newspaper The Daily Telegraph. "These allegations are very serious," said Brett Clothier, head of the AIU, "and strike at the heart of the integrity of athletics." IAAF President Sebastian Coe said the allegations are "extremely serious." The Telegraph reported that Mitchell and a track agent, Robert Wagner, met undercover reporters at a training camp in Florida and offered to supply and administer testosterone and human growth hormone for an actor training for a film, for a fee of $250,000. The newspaper said Mitchell and Wagner were secretly recorded saying the use of banned substances in track was widespread. The 35-year-old Gatlin, who also won the 100 meters at the 2004 Athens Olympics, has served two doping bans in his career. "I am not using and have not used PEDs," Gatlin wrote in his Instagram post. "All legal options are on the table as I will not allow others to lie about me like this. I have no further comments as it is now a legal matter. They will next hear from my lawyer." Coe said the IAAF has started to focus on the "influences that surround athletes" and stressed that all support personnel are bound by the governing body's anti-doping code and integrity code of conduct......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsDec 19th, 2017

FOCUS | Did Sanofi, WHO ignore warning signals on dengue vaccine?

Dr. Scott Halstead, a leading figure in dengue research, first proposed that antibodies from an initial exposure to one of four types of the disease could increase the risk of a potentially lethal complication called severe dengue when a person was infected a second time, a process know as antibody-dependent enhancement or ADE. This phenomenon could make development of a dengue vaccine tricky......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsDec 13th, 2017

Olympic champion Gabby Douglas says team doctor abused her

The Associated Press - Olympic champion gymnast Gabby Douglas says she is among the group of athletes sexually abused by a former team doctor. Douglas, the 2012 Olympic all-around champion and a three-time gold medalist, wrote in an Instagram post Tuesday that she waited so long to reveal the abuse by Larry Nassar because she was part of a group "conditioned to stay silent." Douglas included the revelation in an apology for comments made on social media last week that suggested women dress modestly to help prevent abuse. Douglas said her comments, which she later deleted, were taken out of context. "I didn't view my comments as victim shaming because I know no matter what you wear, it NEVER gives anyone the right to harass or abuse you," Douglas wrote. The 21-year-old Douglas is the latest high-profile gymnast to come forward against Nassar, who spent nearly two decades as the national team doctor for USA Gymnastics before being fired in 2015. Two-time Olympic teammate Aly Raisman wrote about alleged abuse by Nassar in her autobiography "Fierce," released earlier this month. Two-time Olympic medalist McKayla Maroney disclosed abuse by Nassar in October. Jamie Dantzscher, a bronze medalist on the 2000 U.S. Olympic team, was part of the initial wave of lawsuits filed against Nassar in 2016 following reporting by the Indianapolis Star that highlighted chronic mishandling of abuse allegations against coaches and staff at some of USA Gymnastics' more than 3,500 clubs across the country. Nassar, 54, is accused of molesting several girls while working for USA Gymnastics and Michigan State University. He's facing similar charges in a neighboring Michigan county and lawsuits filed by more than 125 women and girls. Nassar will plead guilty to multiple charges of sexual assault and face at least 25 years in prison, a person with knowledge of the agreement said Tuesday. The person was not authorized to publicly discuss the agreement ahead of a Wednesday court hearing for Nassar in Michigan's Ingham County and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity. USA Gymnastics launched an independent review of its policies in the wake of the allegations against Nassar. In June, the gymnastics board adopted the new USA Gymnastics SafeSport Policy that replaced the previous policy. Key updates include mandatory reporting, defining six types of misconduct, setting standards to prohibit grooming behavior, preventing inappropriate interaction and establishing accountability. The organization also hired Kerry Perry as the organization's new president and CEO. Perry replaces Steve Penny, who resigned under pressure in March......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsNov 22nd, 2017

In Focus: 5 Types Of Students You Will Find In Trinity University of Asia

We Trinitians are definitely worth knowing!.....»»

Category: lifestyleSource:  abscbnRelated NewsNov 16th, 2017

In Focus: 10 Types of Group Mates We All Had In College

They either make or break your school project......»»

Category: lifestyleSource:  abscbnRelated NewsOct 16th, 2017

Giants' Beckham to have ankle surgery later this week

em>By Tom Canavan, Associated Press /em> EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — The winless New York Giants are going to be without offensive catalyst Odell Beckham Jr. for the rest of the season. Veteran wide receiver Brandon Marshall's season is over, too. The Giants announced Monday that Beckham will have surgery for his broken left ankle later this week, and his season officially ended when he was put on injured reserve later in the day along with fellow receiver Dwayne Harris. 'It's a sad situation,' coach Ben McAdoo said. Marshall, signed in the offseason to give Eli Manning another reliable target opposite Beckham, announced on Instagram late Monday that he will have season-ending surgery. Marshall left Sunday's game with an ankle injury. 'Tomorrow I'll have surgery ending year 12. I'm filled with mixed emotions,' Marshall wrote. 'I wasn't able to produce for my team the way I wanted to but this was my greatest year to date. This game has shown me who I really am good and bad.' The 24-year-old Beckham was hurt late in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 27-22 loss to Los Angeles when Chargers cornerback Casey Hayward fell on his ankle and pinned it to the turf. McAdoo spoke to Beckham after the game. He did not know if the surgery could cause any long-term problems for the three-time Pro Bowler, who has led the Giants in receiving in each of his first three seasons. Beckham was the last of four Giants' receivers knocked out of the game. Harris, who also returns punts and kickoffs, will have surgery Tuesday for a broken foot. He was hurt in the third quarter. Marshall and Sterling Shepard were hurt on the same series in the second quarter after falls trying to catch passes. Shepard is listed as day to day. The Giants re-signed Tavarres King and signed Travis Rudolph off their practice squad to help wide receiver Roger Lewis Jr. for Sunday's game in Denver. The Giants also signed receiver Darius Powe to replace Rudolph on the practice squad. McAdoo added there are no plans at this point to re-sign fan favorite Victor Cruz, who was released after last season. Beckham had 25 catches for 302 yards and three touchdowns this year, including a 48-yarder in the fourth quarter Sunday. He also had two 15-yard catches that set up Manning's 29-yard touchdown toss to Roger Lewis, Jr. in the third quarter. It has been a frustrating season for Beckham. He sprained his left ankle in a preseason game on Aug. 21, missed the season opener at Dallas and was limited against Detroit. He also was fined for pretending to urinate like a dog after a TD catch in Philadelphia on Sept. 24. McAdoo knows the Giants (0-5) have basically no chance of making the playoffs for a second straight year. 'Everyone is disappointed, I am aware of it,' he said. 'Everyone is irritated, I am aware of it. But my focus right now is trying to help with the personnel department to field a football team this week to give us a chance to prepare and win.' McAdoo admitted his team has slumped in the fourth quarter, blowing leads in each game. 'You got to find a way to win with each team you have, and year to year it changes, and we haven't been able to get that done, and that's my responsibility,' the second-year head coach said. em> strong>NOTES: /strong> /em>McAdoo would not discuss cornerback Janoris Jenkins' exit from the field in the closing seconds after the Giants' last drive was stopped with 40 seconds to play. 'We'll handle those issues in house,' he said. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsOct 10th, 2017

Lim bags jiu jitsu silver for PHI's second medal in AIMAG

ASHGABAT, Turkmenistan – Jiu-Jitsu fighter Marc Alexander Lim fell short in his bid to win a gold medal after he sustained a 2-0 loss to Talib Saleh Mohamed Sale Alkirbi of United Arab Emirates in the 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games (AIMAG) Monday night at the Ashgabat Olympic Complex here. Lim, a purple belter, was on top of his black-belter opponent majority of their six-minute encounter in the -65kg men's Ne-Waza. The 20-year-old native of Davao City had a few chances of forcing Alkirbi into submission but failed to capitalize on his opportunities. In the final moments of the match, however, Alkirbi was able to escape Lim’s stronghold and got better positioning to score the crucial points in the last 17 seconds for the gold medal of the match held at the Martial Arts Indoor Arena. Lim settled with the silver medal, the first for Team Philippines competing here in AIMAG, and second medal overall after Alvin Lobriguito earned a bronze in freestyle traditional wrestling. “It would have nice to have ended it with a win, or at least 0-0 (referee’s decision),” Lim said. “I’m very happy to have delivered a medal, but I would have been happier if it’s a gold, so I can’t really say that I’m happy with the silver.” The 25-year-old Lobriguito got the luck of the draw in his category where there were just seven entries. In his lone match, he suffered a 4-0 defeat to host nation’s Yakupnazar Yakubow in the semifinals. In comparison, Lim went through five tough assignments to make it to the finals – where Alkirbi proved to be a difficult match “I have to learn from it. It’s actually my third time fighting him. He’s the only guy that I bumped in to that I have beaten yet. I’m getting closer and closer every time. In jiu-jitsu there’s a belt system… he’s a black belt, I’m purple belt,” said Lim, who lost twice to his UAE foe in previous international meets. “I look up to him because he teaches me lessons, I learn a lot from him. I’ll get him one of these days,” Lim added. Lim’s silver medal finish was still something to celebrate after other athletes suffered defeats, including three taekwondo jins in the quarterfinalists, namely Karen Cells, Jenar Torillas and Samuel Thomas Morrison at the Taekwondo Indoor Arena. Also losing Monday night was veteran long jumper Marestella Torres-Sunang, who placed fifth overall in the long jump event won by Kazakhstan’s Olga Rypakova at the Indoor Athletics Arena. On Tuesday morning, Eric Cray topped his heat in the 60meter run to enter the semifinals at the Indoor Athletics Arena. The reigning Asian Athletics 400m winner skipped Monday’s 60m hurdles to focus on 60m with hopes of delivering a medal later in the evening. Mervin Guarte, on the other hand, failed to qualify in the semifinals of the 1500m. Still competing at press time were Rio Olympics silver medalist Hidilyn Diaz, as well as fellow weightlifters Dessa delos Santos, Ann Ando and Kristel Macrohon. Cue artists Efren “Bata” Reyes, Francisco “Django” Bustamante, Dennis Orcullo, Jefrey Roda and Carlo Biado were also competing late Tuesday afternoon. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsSep 19th, 2017

Fighting erupts between troops, Maute group in Lanao del Sur

MANILA, Philippines – Fighting erupted between government troops and remnants of the Maute Group in Lanao del Sur on Saturday, January 20, the first encounter since the liberation of Marawi City from terrorist influence in October last year, the military said. Major Ronald Suscano said in a press statement on Saturday ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated News6 hr. 37 min. ago

Ed Sheeran announces engagement

LONDON, United Kingdom – Ed Sheeran has become engaged to his girlfriend Cherry Seaborn, the British singer-songwriter announced Saturday. "Got myself a fiance just before new year. We are very happy and in love, and our cats are chuffed as well," he told his 18 million followers on Instagram. {source}.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated News6 hr. 37 min. ago

LOOK: ‘That Thing Called Tadhana’ stars Angelica Panganiban, JM de Guzman reunite with friends

Together again with Anthony "that thing called nag tanda na" A post shared by Angelica Panganiban (@iamangelicap) on Jan 19, 2018 at 3:33am PST "Tadhana" part two? Almost three years after the success of their movie "That Thing Called Tadhana," Angelica Panganiban and JM De Guzman caught up with each other for a night out with several other friends. On Instagram, Panganiban, who played Mace, reunited with her Anthony and said with delight that they were "together again." Putting a spin on the movie title, the actress wrote "That Thing Called Nagtanda Na." In this photo posted by De Guzman, other notable faces such as Glaiza de Castro, Ketchup Eusebio, Janus del...Keep on reading: LOOK: ‘That Thing Called Tadhana’ stars Angelica Panganiban, JM de Guzman reunite with friends.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News13 hr. 24 min. ago

Ross: Racism is never justifiable

"Racism is never justifiable." That was the message of Chris Ross hours after the heated duel between San Miguel and NLEX on Friday. The reigning two-time Defensive Player of the Year refused to talk to the media after the Beermen's 109-98 victory over the Road Warriors but posted the message on his Instagram stories. According to San Miguel coach Leo Austria, Ross was reportedly on the receiving end of a racial slur from NLEX coach Yeng Guiao when the two but heads late in the game. Heblew a gasket and was ejected with 1:46 left to play. Guiao, though, denied that he used the derogatory word n****r on Ross, but admitted to flashing the dirty finger. READ:Austria s...Keep on reading: Ross: Racism is never justifiable.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News13 hr. 24 min. ago

Troops overrun NPA encampment in Abra

MILITARY forces seized an encampment of the New People’s Army (NPA) on Thursday in Pilar, Abra resulting in an encounter that wounded a soldier, the military’s Northern Luzon Command (Nolcom) reported on Friday. Lt. Col. Isagani Nato, Nolcom spokesman, said the encounter happened at about 12:45 p.m. in Barangay Gapang between the Philippine Army’s 24th… link: Troops overrun NPA encampment in Abra.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated News22 hr. 11 min. ago

Mainstreaming MSMEs into value chains needed

MAINSTREAMING micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) into value chains has become more urgent in light of global trends to integrate trade and de-integrate production, a Philippine Institute for Development Studies (PIDS) report showed. The “Mainstreaming SMEs: Promoting Inclusive Growth in APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation)” report said the development policy on MSMEs should focus on [...] The post Mainstreaming MSMEs into value chains needed appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJan 19th, 2018
Category: lifestyleSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 19th, 2018

In Focus: 5 of Janina Vela s Most Inspiring Vlogs

Here's your dose of good vibes!.....»»

Category: lifestyleSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 19th, 2018

Duterte considers total ban on Filipino workers in Kuwait

Duterte is considering a ban on the deployment of all types of Filipino workers in Kuwait. Photos: Wikimedia Commons, Irvin Calicut, Presidential Communications Office........»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJan 19th, 2018

JC, pinagtripan ang mga gulay!

IBINAHAGI ni JC Santos, bida ng pelikulang Mr. & Mrs. Cruz kung ano ang mga expectation niya ngayong 2018. “Actually, career pa rin po. Focus pa rin sa career, saka sana may magawa pa akong mga ibang role. And gusto ko po talagang maging historical figure. He-he-he. “Gusto kong gumawa….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJan 19th, 2018

Accessory Obsessed? Start Layering Your Bracelets

Accessory-obsessed ladies will know the struggle of wanting to wear every single piece of jewelry they have. From rings to necklaces, some of us will just create stacks to dress up any outfit. Another fun way to spruce up your look is by creating a fab bracelet stack. You've probably seen celebrities like Heart Evangelista and Rihanna posting their stack on IG. A post shared by Love Marie Ongpauco Escudero (@iamhearte) on Sep 22, 2017 at 3:53am PDT A post shared by badgalriri (@badgalriri) on Sep 17, 2017 at 10:50am PDT You can even see women post their stacks on Instagram under the hashtag #stackbracelets. A post shared by Arlee RL (@arle...Keep on reading: Accessory Obsessed? Start Layering Your Bracelets.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 19th, 2018

4 NPA rebels killed in clash with soldiers

MANILA, Philippines — Four New People’s Army (NPA) rebels were killed in an encounter with government troopers in Davao Oriental on Tuesday, the military rep.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 19th, 2018

4 NPA rebels killed in clash with soldiers

MANILA, Philippines — Four New People’s Army (NPA) rebels were killed in an encounter with government troopers in Davao Oriental on Tuesday, the military rep Source link link: 4 NPA rebels killed in clash with soldiers.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsJan 19th, 2018