Advertisements


We are sorry, the requested page does not exist




Uniform Bukidnon bus fares set

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, Philippines – Three bus companies plying the Cagayan de Oro-Bukidnon routes have been ordered to collect uniform fares, the Land Transpo.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 3rd, 2016

SC orders 2 judges: Explain action on Espinosa slay

MANILA, Philippines – The Supreme Court (SC) has ordered two regional trial court judges to explain their actions on the cases against Albuera town mayor Rol.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 23rd, 2016

Explain Tuesday night’s blackout, power firms told

MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Energy (DOE) has ordered concerned power industry players to explain in writing the massive loss of power supply that.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 16th, 2016

House panel threatens Dayan with contempt

The House Committee on Justice yesterday ordered Ronnie Dayan, alleged lover and former driver of Sen. Leila M. de Lima, to explain in 24 hours why he should not be cited for contempt and arrested in order to ensure his presence on Monday’s hearing.....»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsOct 7th, 2016

Mindanao oil firms ordered to explain huge price rollback

MANILA, Philippines - The Department of Energy (DOE) has ordered Mindanao oil players to explain the unusual price reductions in gasoline products which is c.....»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 29th, 2016

CA to PCC: Explain probe of P70-B telco deal

MANILA, Philippines - The Court of Appeals (CA) has ordered the Philippine Competition Commission (PCC) to justify its decision to investigate the buyout of.....»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 25th, 2016

Estrada orders probe of bones found in Quiapo

Manila Mayor Joseph E. Estrada yesterday ordered an in-depth investigation of the human skeletal remains discovered in an abandoned house at the Islamic Center in Quiapo, Manila last week......»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsJan 21st, 2017

Case fixing at CDO prosecutor’s office probed

MANILA, Philippines - Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II has ordered an investigation into alleged case fixing at the Cagayan de Oro City prosecutor’s of.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 21st, 2017

Nadal holds off Zverev to reach 4th round at Australian Open

JOHN PYE, AP Sports Writer br /> MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Rafael Nadal held back time, for one match at least, when he rallied for a 4-6, 6-3, 6-7 (5), 6-3, 6-2 win over German teenager Alexander Zverev to reach the fourth round of the Australian Open. The 14-time major winner is on a comeback after an extended injury layoff, yet he finished stronger in the 4-hour, 6-minute match on Rod Laver Arena as Zverev tightened up with cramping and nerves. 'I enjoyed a lot this great battle. I was losing the last couple of times in the fifth set and I said to myself, 'today's the day',' said ninth-seeded Nadal, who had lost eight of the previous nine times he'd trailed 2-1 in a best-of-five set match. His 30-year-old legs, conditioned by 236 Grand Slam matches, carried him all the way. 'Well, fighting — and running a lot,' Nadal said, when asked to explain the difference. 'I think you know, everybody knows how good Alexander is — he's the future of our sport and the present, too.' Serena Williams has done it more easily, reaching the fourth round without dropping a set to stay on course in her bid for a record 23rd Grand slam title. Williams beat fellow American Nicole Gibbs 6-1, 6-3 and didn't face a break point until she was serving for the match. Dropping serve in that game was her only lapse in a match that then extended just beyond the hour — to 63 minutes to be precise. The six-time Australian Open champion next faces No. 16 Barbora Strycova. 'I don't have anything to prove in this tournament here. Just doing the best I can,' Williams said. 'Obviously I'm here for one reason.' Milos Raonic is here pursuing his first major title, aiming to improve on his runs to the semifinals in Australia and the final at Wimbledon last year. He reached the fourth round with a 6-2, 7-6 (5), 3-6, 6-3 win over No. 25 Gilles Simon and will next play No. 13 Roberto Bautista Agut, who beat David Ferrer 7-5, 6-7 (6), 7-6 (3), 6-4. Nadal, who had two months off with an injured left wrist at the end of 2016, will get another veteran next after U.S. Open semifinalist Gael Monfils beat Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-3, 7-6 (1), 6-4. In another gripping five-setter, but on an outside court, wild-card entry Denis Istomin followed his upset win over defending champion Novak Djokovic with a 6-4, 4-6, 6-4, 4-6, 6-2 victory over Pablo Carreno Busta. No. 8 Dominic Thiem beat Benoit Paire 6-1, 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 to set up a fourth-round match against No. 11 David Goffin, who ended Ivo Karlovic's run 6-3, 6-2, 6-4. Zverev's creative shot-making gave the 19-year-old German a confident start. He had won his previous three matches against top-10 players, and has been widely touted as a future Grand Slam champion. But Nadal, the champion here in 2009, didn't let him get too far in front. In an exchange of breaks in the fifth set, Nadal broke to open, then dropped his own serve, before breaking Zverev again. Nadal finished with 43 winners and 34 unforced errors, while Zverev — hitting harder and trying more to find the lines — had 58 winners and 74 unforced errors. In early women's matches, Ekaterina Makarova led by a set and 4-0 but had a mid-match fade, needing three sets and almost three hours to finally beat WTA Finals champion Dominika Cibulkova 6-2, 6-7 (3), 6-3. 'An amazing fight,' Makarova said of her first win over sixth-seeded Cibulkova, the 2014 finalist at Melbourne Park. 'I got, to be honest, a bit tight at 4-0 in the second set. But I'm still here.' She'll now take on last year's semifinalist Johanna Konta, who beat former No. 1-ranked Caroline Wozniacki 6-3, 6-1, in a rematch of their fourth-round encounter here last year. Mirjana Lucic-Baroni continued her unlikely run with a 3-6, 6-2, 6-3 win over Maria Sakkari, and so did American qualifier Jennifer Brady. Before this week, the 34-year-old Lucic-Baroni hadn't won a match at Melbourne Park since her debut here in 1998. The 19-year gap in between match wins at a Grand Slam tournament broke the record set by Kimiko Date-Krumm. The 1999 Wimbledon semifinalist next plays No. 116-ranked Brady, who had never played in the main draw of a major before she qualified for this week. The 21-year-old Brady had a 7-6 (4), 6-2 win over 14th-seeded Elena Vesnina on Show Court 2. .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 21st, 2017

Vice mayor suspended over SALN

MANILA, Philippines - The Office of the Ombudsman has ordered the suspension of Vice Mayor Bonnie Kali of General K......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 20th, 2017

BIR ordered to expedite VAT refunds processing - Inquirer.net

BIR ordered to expedite VAT refunds processing - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 20th, 2017

DepEd bans lead paints

The Department of Education has ordered the mandatory use of lead-safe paints in all public and private elementary and secondary schools nationwide......»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsJan 20th, 2017

Cops in Jee slay arrested

THE authorities arrested in Friday three policemen tagged in the kidnapping and killing Korean executive Jee Ick Joo in October 2016 as ordered by a regional trial court in Angeles City......»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJan 20th, 2017

DENR ordered to close Payatas landfill - Manila Bulletin

DENR ordered to close Payatas landfill - Manila Bulletin.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 20th, 2017

GMA ordered to pay P21M to illegally dismissed workers - Inquirer.net

GMA ordered to pay P21M to illegally dismissed workers - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 20th, 2017

Suspects in Korean kidnap-slay case ordered arrested

MANILA, Philippines – A regional court in Pampanga ordered on Friday the arrest of the suspects behind the kidnapping and killing of Korean businessman Jee I.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 20th, 2017

Classes suspended in SouthCot town

GENERAL SANTOS CITY (MindaNews / 19 Jan) – Classes were suspended on Thursday morning in elementary and high school levels in Surallah town in South Cotabato due to the continuous heavy rains. Milagros Lorca, chief of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, said the municipal government of Surallah ordered the class suspension as [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsJan 18th, 2017

JBC ordered to answer appeal seeking to restore two slots for Congress - ABS-CBN News

JBC ordered to answer appeal seeking to restore two slots for Congress - ABS-CBN News.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJan 17th, 2017

English Articles

New Westmincom chief ordered to “roll your sleeves and start working”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manila_shimbunRelated NewsJan 17th, 2017

'FloodPH: Areas in Cagayan de Oro where forced evacuation is ordered

'FloodPH: Areas in Cagayan de Oro where forced evacuation is ordered.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJan 17th, 2017