Advertisements


German hostage abducted in PH appears in video

German hostage abducted in PH appears in video.....»»

Category: newsSource: manilatimes_net manilatimes_netJan 12th, 2017

German hostage abducted in PH appears in video

German hostage abducted in PH appears in video.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJan 12th, 2017

Malaysians stranded in North Korea return home – BBC News

Nine Malaysians who were prevented from leaving North Korea have arrived home, after the two countries struck a deal to end a diplomatic row. The quarrel, over last month's killing of Kim Jong-nam in Kuala Lumpur, had resulted in both countries banning each other's citizens from leaving. Malaysia has also allowed North Koreans to leave and released Mr Kim's body. There is widespread suspicion that Pyongyang was responsible for orchestrating Mr Kim's murder. Mr Kim was the half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. The late Kim Jong-il's eldest son is thought to have fled North Korea after being passed over for the leadership. The nine Malaysian nationals were met by their relatives and a large media contingent at Kuala Lumpur airport early on Friday. Those who have returned include the country's counsellor to North Korea, Mohd Nor Azrin Md Zain, embassy staff, and their families. The counsellor said that when Pyongyang told them they could not leave North Korea, &'8220;we were very concerned especially since we had committed no wrong&'8221;. But he added they were &'8220;not particularly harassed&'8221; by North Korean authorities. &'8220;We were given the assurance that life could go on as normal,&'8221; he said. They were flown home in a business jet plane piloted by members of the Malaysian air force. Following Mr Kim's killing on 13 February, North Korean officials demanded that the body be handed to them immediately without an autopsy. Pyongyang reacted angrily when Malaysia refused their requests. Malaysian authorities said they had the right to conduct an autopsy as he had been killed on Malaysian soil, and said they would only release the body to Mr Kim's family. This prompted a war of words where North Korea's ambassador Kang Chol accused Malaysia of colluding with &'8220;hostile forces&'8221;, allegations which Kuala Lumpur dubbed as &'8220;delusions, lies and half-truths&'8221;. Kang Chol was expelled and the Malaysian ambassador to North Korea was also recalled. Pyongyang then said it would ban all Malaysians in North Korea from leaving until the &'8220;situation was resolved&'8221;, which Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak called an &'8220;abhorrent act&'8221; that effectively held his citizens hostage. Kuala Lumpur enacted a tit-for-tat exit ban on North Koreans. Malaysian officials have not hesitated in branding the return of their citizens as a triumph of diplomatic deal-making. On Friday morning Malaysian Foreign Minister Anifah Aman told reporters: &'8220;There can be no substitute for diplomacy, for level-headedness in dealing with such situations, and this has served Malaysia well in this instance.&'8221; But the exact circumstances of how the deal was struck remain unclear. Correspondents say that Malaysia appears to have acceded to North Korea's wishes to get the Malaysians released. Mr Najib had said earlier that, after challenging negotiations, all North Koreans would be allowed to leave Malaysia &'' which probably includes North Korean suspects in the murder who are wanted by Malaysian police. Japanese news agency Kyodo said two men resembling two of the suspects were seen on a Beijing-bound flight transporting Mr Kim's body on Friday. The suspects are Hyon Kwang Song, the second secretary at the North Korean embassy in Kuala Lumpur, and Kim Uk Il, an employee of North Korea's state airline Air Koryo. The two men were previously reported to have holed up in the embassy and refused to take part in investigations. Mr Kim's body was released to North Korea and flown to Beijing, where North Korean officials are expected to receive it. &'160; Malaysia had previously said they would not release the body until a request came from family members. On Thursday, Mr Najib said a formal request had been received from the family, but did not give further details. It is not known who exactly requested for the body. Mr Kim's own family previously lived in Macau but they are now thought to be in hiding. His son Kim Han-sol appeared in a video earlier this month confirming he was with his mother and sister at an unspecified location. It was with barely disguised relief that Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak announced the deal with North Korea to release Kim Jong-nam's body, after what he described as &'8220;sensitive&'8221; negotiations posing many challenges. Dealing with a regime that, in Malaysia's view, was holding its citizens hostage and had carried out a lethal chemical weapons attack inside its main international gateway was a delicate task. Malaysia appears to have given North Korea what it wanted &'' the body and the North Korean suspects sought by the Malaysian police &'' in order to get its nine citizens back safely. To that end, North Korea has refused to recognise that the body was that of its supreme leader's half-brother, or to cooperate in clarifying the role of its agents in the attack. But by permitting a letter from an as-yet unnamed family member in North Korea to be forwarded to Malaysia, authorising the body's release, there is at least tacit acknowledgement from Pyongyang that the body is indeed Kim Jong-nam &'' something the Malaysian authorities say they have already confirmed through DNA samples obtained from his relatives outside North Korea. But with all the North Korean suspects in the attack now apparently out of Malaysia it is not clear how the investigation can move forward. The two women, an Indonesian and a Vietnamese, who smeared the nerve agent on Kim Jong-nam's face are in custody facing murder charges, but we do not know how [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsMar 31st, 2017

Reunited

President Rodrigo Duterte watches as eight year-old Rexon Romoc is hugged by his mother Nora at the Malacañan Palace on February 28, 2017. Rexon was abducted by members of the Abu Sayyaf on August 5, 2016 and was released on February 27, 2017, a day after the bandit group beheaded German hostage Juergen Gustav Kantner. [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2017

Abu Sayyaf releases video of German s beheading

MANILA — Abu Sayyaf extremists in the Philippines released a video showing the beheading of a German hostage in the first sign the brutal Filipino militants.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2017

Philippine militants release video of German s beheading

MANILA — Abu Sayyaf extremists in the Philippines released a video showing the beheading of a German hostage in the first sign the brutal Filipino militants.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 27th, 2017

Abu Sayyaf beheads German hostage, releases video of grisly murder

Abu Sayyaf beheads German hostage, releases video of grisly murder.....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsFeb 27th, 2017

AFP to confirm authenticity of German hostage video

AFP to confirm authenticity of German hostage video.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsFeb 15th, 2017

Video shows German hostage alive

Video shows German hostage alive.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJan 12th, 2017

AFP obtains ‘proof of life’ of German hostage

ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines – A 70-year-old German that the Abu Sayyaf had snatched appears to be alive after the military got hold of a photograph of him ta.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 16th, 2016

LISTEN: Ariana Grande previews snippet of new music

Shortly after revealing she has new music coming on Friday, Ariana Grande is teasing fans with a short snippet and what appears to be cover art. On Wednesday, Grande revealed a Friday release date for "No Tears Left to Cry", which is presumed to be a new single. Since then, the singer has continued to tweet teasers, including what looks to be cover art as well as a link to her website, where a countdown to the release is displayed. Over on YouTube, a 30-second video revealed a sweeping, choir-backed snippet of the music to come. "No Tears Left to Cry" will be Grande's first new music since her 2016's album "Dangerous Woman"; most recently, she released a cover of "Somewhere ...Keep on reading: LISTEN: Ariana Grande previews snippet of new music.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 19th, 2018

Video of attack on ‘Jews’ sparks outrage in Germany

BERLIN, Germany --- German political and religious leaders expressed shock Wednesday over an alleged anti-Semitic attack on two men wearing traditional Jewish skullcaps in central Berlin filmed by one of the victims. One of the young men targeted, who captured the incident on his smartphone, said they were confronted by three Arabic-speakers shouting insults at them, one of whom lashed out at him with a belt. Berlin police in their report on Tuesday's suspected anti-Semitic attack said that the suspect later also threatened his victim with a glass bottle. In a twist to the story, the author of the video tape, which went viral on social media, a 21-year-old student called Ada...Keep on reading: Video of attack on ‘Jews’ sparks outrage in Germany.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 19th, 2018

Pres. Duterte, nag-sorry kaugnay ng Manila hostage crisis noong 2010 – Manila Video

Pres. Duterte, nag-sorry kaugnay ng Manila hostage crisis noong 2010 – Manila Video.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsApr 13th, 2018

Kesha officiates same-sex wedding in new video

Kesha has released a video for "I Need a Woman to Love" in which she officiates a real-life same-sex wedding. The track, a reworking of Janis Joplin's "I Need a Man to Love", appears on the new digital six-track album "Universal Love" which re-imagines love songs as same-sex wedding music and also includes contributions from St. Vincent and Bob Dylan. In the video, Kesha is seen heading out on a Vegas road trip, where she'll marry real-life partners who are also seen introducing their stories and relaxing in Las Vegas in the moments leading up to their marriage. "This will be my third same-sex marriage," Kesha says. "I'm just going to assume this goes according to plan." ...Keep on reading: Kesha officiates same-sex wedding in new video.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 10th, 2018

UFC star McGregor facing criminal charges in New York City

NEW YORK --- Ultimate fighting star Conor McGregor is facing criminal charges in the wake of a backstage melee he allegedly instigated that has forced the removal of three fights from UFC's biggest card of the year. Video footage appears to show the promotion's most bankable star throwing a hand truck at a bus full of fighters after a Thursday news conference for UFC 223 at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. The New York Police Department says McGregor was charged and awaiting a court appearance Friday, facing three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief. It was not immediately known if McGregor has an attorney. Video showed McGregor with a group of people causing cha...Keep on reading: UFC star McGregor facing criminal charges in New York City.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 6th, 2018

April Fool s? Anthony Davis appears to shave iconic unibrow

NBA.com staff report Is the Unibrow no more? Anthony Davis posted a video of himself shaving the middle portion of his iconically connected eyebrows, which had given him one of the more visually recognized nicknames in recent NBA history. His motivation appeared to be popular opinion, as his Instagram post read, "The people have spoken, time for a little change..."   The people have spoken, time for a little change... A post shared by Anthony Davis (@antdavis23) on Mar 31, 2018 at 12:01pm PDT Davis's makeover comes in the midst of a frenetic playoff push in the Western Conference, where his Pelicans currently hold a two-game lead for the eighth and final playoff spot. Davis has kept New Orleans afloat despite the season-ending Achilles injury to fellow All-Star DeMarcus Cousins. The former No. 1 overall pick is averaging 28.1 points, 11.1 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and 1.5 steals per contest. Keep in mind, this video was posted the day before April Fool's Day (April 1, PHL time). Several social media users have commented with opinions that it could be a faked shave job. Viewers will know for sure when the Pelicans host the Thunder on Sunday (Monday, PHL time)......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsApr 1st, 2018

Amazon’s Twitch unveils Free Games with Prime

Game-oriented video streaming service Twitch TV appears to be taking on both Steam and the Humble Store in one fell swoop. A free monthly games bundle for premium-tier members is positioning streaming service Twitch TV as not only a challenger to YouTube but also Steam and Humble as well. Free Games with Prime applies to members of Amazon's group-wide Amazon Prime service, branded as Twitch Prime where Twitch TV is concerned, and begins with a half-month debut on March 15. Twitch has been giving away individual games and add-ons on a monthly basis but this program expands the offer and further establishes Twitch as not just a video platform but also a games distribution serv...Keep on reading: Amazon’s Twitch unveils Free Games with Prime.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 15th, 2018

Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer

LONDON — British actor Stephen Fry said on Friday he has had surgery to remove his prostate after battling cancer for two months, adding in a video posted on Friday that the operation appears to have been successful. The 60-year-old actor was part of the comic double act Fry and Laurie with actor Hugh Laurie, […] The post Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsFeb 27th, 2018

Netizen catches smoke-belching MMDA vehicle on video

    A 20-second video taken by Moises Meman which he also posted on his Facebook account captured what appears to be an official Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) vehicle while spewing thick black exhaust smoke. In Meman's video, the MMDA service vehicle, with a government license plate (SEK 769), appears to be in violation of Republic Act No. 8749, or the Clean Air Act, which bans smoke-belching vehicles on the road. According to Meman, he came across the vehicle as it traversed Kalayaan Avenue toward Edsa at around3 p.m.of Feb. 11. Meman said he posted the video online "to call the MMDA administration's attention and see if they are really si...Keep on reading: Netizen catches smoke-belching MMDA vehicle on video.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 20th, 2018

Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: Do latest teaser trailers confirm speculations?

New Samsung trailers, leaks and speculations continue to paint a picture of Samsung's soon-to-be unveiled flagship phone, and it's looking more and more like a Galaxy S8 with better cameras and a few iPhone features. Teaser trailers on SamsungMobileKorea's YouTube page seem to have confirmed the high quality of the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus cameras. But not only that, now there are leaks that suggest the phones will have stereo speakers and 3D emojis. Three teaser trailers were released Wednesday, each boasting different features. The first video appears to promise speed as well as the Samsung Galaxy S9's slo-mo capabilities and highly developed camera quality. The secon...Keep on reading: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: Do latest teaser trailers confirm speculations?.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 15th, 2018

Merkel warns protectionism not the answer to world problems

DAVOS, Switzerland – German Chancellor Angela Merkel insisted on Wednesday, January 24, "protectionism is not the answer" to world problems, addressing the Davos economic summit before US President Donald Trump appears to defend his "America First" agenda. "We think that shutting ourselves off, isolating ourselves, will not lead us into ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJan 24th, 2018