Advertisements


From pigsty to palace

First, disparaging our anti-corruption initiatives, they violated the laws and long-written jurisprudence on the criminal pork barrel system. And then, at the eleventh hour, they blatantly abused it. “In the animal kingdom, swine, hogs and pigs are among the thickest-skinned mammals. The same with their close cousins at the House of Representatives. Now, at the […].....»»

Category: newsSource: tribune tribuneFeb 11th, 2019

Panelo says he’s in favor of decriminalizing libel

MANILA, Philippines --- Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said on Monday that he is in favor of decriminalizing libel. Panelo made the remark in light of the arrest of Rappler chief executive officer Maria Ressa for a cyberlibel case. "Personally, kung ako lang ha, personal not the Palace's view, sa akin puwede na iyong civil suit (Personally, if it's only up to me --- not the Palace view --- I think a civil suit will do)," Panelo said. He pointed out that some members of the media prefer libel to remain a crime as a means to check the abuses of the press. He cited the opinion of former TV journalist and now senatorial candidate Jiggy Manicad who that libel should rem...Keep on reading: Panelo says he’s in favor of decriminalizing libel.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News46 min. ago

Palace tells Congress to pass new tax amnesty law that will prevent fraud

President Duterte signed the tax amnesty law last February 14 but vetoed some items including a provision that would have granted general amnesty for all unpaid internal revenue taxes......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated News6 hr. 59 min. ago

Palace defends DBM amid allegations gov t owes contractors P100B

Rep. Rolando Andaya Jr. claimed that the Budget and the Public Works departments owe contractors about P100 billion because of a system that forces them to give kickbacks for completed projects......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated News6 hr. 59 min. ago

Coco levy bill lacks ‘vital safeguards,’ says Duterte re veto

MANILA, Philippines -- President Rodrigo Duterte vetoed the coco levy fund bill because it lacked "vital safeguards" to avoid past mistakes and "may be violative of the Constitution."   Last week, the Palace confirmed that Duterte vetoed the measure seeking to create a P100-billion trust fund for coconut farmers.   READ: Duterte vetoes coco levy fund bill   Duterte explained his reasons for vetoing the measure in a letter addressed sent to the House Representatives last Thursday, Feb. 14.   "After much deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that the bill may be violative of the Constitution and is lacking in vital safeguards to avoid t...Keep on reading: Coco levy bill lacks ‘vital safeguards,’ says Duterte re veto.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News13 hr. 12 min. ago

Drug war success validated& mdash;Palace

Drug war success validated& mdash;Palace.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated News14 hr. 46 min. ago

Palace floats Sara Dutertes possible bid for president - The Manila Times Online

Like father like daughter, Malacaang on Friday floated the idea of Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio seeking the countrys presidency. Speaking to reporters, Palace spokesman Salvador Panelo said Du.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsFeb 16th, 2019

Palace floats Sara Duterte’s possible bid for president

Like father like daughter, Malacañang on Friday floated the idea of Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio seeking the country’s presidency. Speaking to reporters, Palace spokesman Salvador Panelo said Duterte-Carpio, or…READ The post Palace floats Sara Duterte’s possible bid for president appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsFeb 16th, 2019

& rsquo;Lend a wife& rsquo; a hyperbole, Palace defends Rody vs Tatad

& rsquo;Lend a wife& rsquo; a hyperbole, Palace defends Rody vs Tatad.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsFeb 16th, 2019

Palace slams Ressa & lsquo;abuse of power as journalist& rsquo;

Palace slams Ressa & lsquo;abuse of power as journalist& rsquo;.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsFeb 16th, 2019

US NGOs remark that Philippines is a war zone in disguise irks Palace - Philstar.com

US NGO's remark that Philippines is a 'war zone in disguise' irks Palace Philippine Star MANILA, Philippines Malacaang on Friday accused a United States-based non-governmental organizati.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsFeb 15th, 2019

Palace, DOJ chime in on Ressa: Rule of law should be observed

Palace, DOJ chime in on Ressa: Rule of law should be observed.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsFeb 15th, 2019

Palace: Rappler CEO enjoying libel charge

Palace: Rappler CEO enjoying libel charge.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2019

Palace: Duterte to veto items in budget if it violates SC ruling on pork - ABS-CBN News

Palace: Duterte to veto items in budget if it violates SC ruling on pork ABS-CBN News MANILA - President Rodrigo Duterte will veto items in the proposed 2019 budget if he sees that these violate a 20.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2019

Palace: Bacanis challenge to Duterte absurd - ABS-CBN News

Palace: Bacani's challenge to Duterte 'absurd' ABS-CBN News MANILA - Malacaang on Wednesday described Novaliches Bishop Emeritus Teodoro Bacani's friendly challenge to President Rodri.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2019

Clock winds down on rice tariff bill signing with no announcement of veto

PALACE OFFICIALS said Thursday that the rice tariffication bill remains “for signing” right up to today’s deadline for President Rodrigo R. Duterte to veto the measure, but did not comment on the reason for the delay, adding an element of uncertainty to its enactment......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2019

Prince Philip won’t be charged in UK car crash

LONDON --- Prince Philip won't face charges in connection with a car collision that left two women injured, British prosecutors said Thursday. The decision came just days after Buckingham Palace said the 97-year-old royal would stop driving. The husband of Queen Elizabeth II was driving a Land Rover near the royal family's Sandringham estate in eastern England when he smashed into another car on Jan. 17. Philip needed help to get out of the vehicle, but he wasn't injured. Two women in the other car were injured, but not seriously. A 9-month-old child in the car was unhurt. Both Philip and the other driver were given breath tests and passed. "We took into account all of th...Keep on reading: Prince Philip won’t be charged in UK car crash.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2019

Shortage of skilled workers hampering ‘Build, Build, Build’ program – Duterte

SAN JOSE DEL MONTE CITY, Philippines - The country's shortage of skilled workers is to blame for the delay in the implementation of infrastructure projects under the government's "Build, Build, Build" program, President Rodrigo Duterte said Thursday.   "Itong Build, Build, Build, medyo atrasado. Walang trabahante," Duterte said in a speech here during the initial campaign sortie of his PDP-Laban party.   In Memorandum Circular 57, the Palace said unfinished government infrastructure projects "cause great inconvenience and serious damage to the prejudice of the general public, and adversely affect the delivery of basic services." READ:Duterte reminds gov't age...Keep on reading: Shortage of skilled workers hampering ‘Build, Build, Build’ program – Duterte.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2019

Palace: Manila Bay reclamation will create jobs, bring more money - Philstar.com

Palace: Manila Bay reclamation will create jobs, bring more money Philippine Star The government will benefit from planned reclamation projects in Manila Bay, presidential spokesperson Salvador Panel.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2019

Ressa Arrest Nothing to Do with Press Freedom: Palace

Malacañang said Thursday that the arrest of Rappler chief executive officer (CEO) Maria Ressa has nothing to do with press freedom in the country. “Ms. Ressa being a media practitioner and a high-ranking officer of a media outfit critical of the President’s programs and policies has nothing to do with the present circumstances she is […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2019

Palace warns vs poseurs using Duterte’s name to solicit funds 

MANILA, Philippines -- Malacaang has warned the public against people soliciting campaign funds in behalf of President Rodrigo Duterte.   Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said the Office of The President had learned"that President Rodrigo Roa Duterte's name has been used or dropped to solicit or accept campaign funds, contributions or materials in favor of the senatorial candidates he has personally endorsed."   "For everyone's information and guidance, the President has not authorized anyone in either the private or public sector, including government agencies like the Bureau of Customs, to resort to such illegal undertakings," Panelo said in a stateme...Keep on reading: Palace warns vs poseurs using Duterte’s name to solicit funds .....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 14th, 2019