Advertisements


Families need to have a disaster bag now, officials urge

ZAMBOANGA CITY, July 10 (PIA) - Nobody can predict disasters and calamities, but having a disaster go-bag can spell survival, officials here advocate.While local governments, offices and com.....»»

Category: newsSource: manilanews manilanewsJul 11th, 2019

Families need to have a disaster bag now, officials urge

ZAMBOANGA CITY, July 10 (PIA) - Nobody can predict disasters and calamities, but having a disaster go-bag can spell survival, officials here advocate.While local governments, offices and com.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJul 11th, 2019

NCAA lends hand to Batanes earthquake victims

The NCAA Management Committee (ManCom) unanimously approved a cash donation of PhP 100,000 to the province of Batanes after a devastating 5.9 magnitude earthquake hit it late last month. NCAA ManCom chairman Peter Cayco said Monday that the financial assistance will be turned over to Batanas provincial officials led by Gov. Marilou Cayco on Saturday during halftime of the rivalry game between San Beda and Letran at Cuneta Astrodome. “What we are doing is part of the NCAA advocacy to help our fellow Filipinos in need, especially those affected by calamities,” said Cayco. “The other member schools have already done their part and this time, as one family, the NCAA is extending its assistance to help Batanes,” added Cayco of Season 95 host school Arellano. Batanes suffered damage to its houses and historical structures, including the old Santa Maria de Mayan Church in Itbayat. The earthquake also resulted to nine fatalities, while 911 families - or 2,963 individuals - were affected by the disaster that had an estimated damage amounting to PhP 292M, according to the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH)......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 6th, 2019

DOLE to look after families of Taiwan casualties

Scholarship benefits for the orphaned children and other appropriate benefits await the kin of three overseas Filipino workers (OFWS) who died after being crushed by a bridge in Taiwan that collapsed Tuesday morning. Department of Labor and Employment Secretary Silvestre Bello III has also instructed DOLE officials in Taiwan to facilitate the repatriation of the […] The post DOLE to look after families of Taiwan casualties appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsOct 4th, 2019

Church groups, experts urge investors to back renewable energy, not coal in Visayas

Religious leaders urged investors in the energy sector to back away from funding coal in the Visayas as the Department of Energy (DOE) called on local government officials and business groups to seek more power investors to sustain the growing demand in Visayan regions......»»

Category: newsSource:  samarnewsRelated NewsSep 8th, 2019

BuCor execs tagged in ‘GCTA for sale’ scheme to be suspended — Guevarra

The Bureau of Corrections officials and personnel who allegedly sold good conduct time allowance credits to national penitentiary convicts’ families will be suspended, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said Friday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 6th, 2019

EU makes 780 million euros available in emergency funding for Brexit

BRUSSELS, Belgium – The European Union is freeing up 780 million euros ($860 million) in emergency funds to cope with the impact of a possible no-deal Brexit on member states, officials said Wednesday, September 4. Most of the money – nearly 600 million euros – is to come from a disaster ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsSep 4th, 2019

20 bodies recovered after California dive boat disaster

Los Angeles, United States — Twenty bodies have been recovered after a scuba diving boat caught fire and sank off the California coast, with between four and six additional victims spotted trapped in the wreckage, officials said Tuesday. Search efforts were suspended Tuesday morning after no further survivors were found, coast guard captain Monica Rochester […] The post 20 bodies recovered after California dive boat disaster appeared first on Daily Tribune......»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsSep 4th, 2019

Flood displaces 545 families in Davao

DAVAO CITY (DAVAO CITY/29 August) – A total of 545 families from six barangays of Davao City were displaced after the Talomo River overflowed following heavy rains Wednesday evening, according to the Regional Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (RDRRMC)-Davao Region. The families from the flooded portions of  Los Amigos, Tugbok, Talomo, Bangkal, Ulas and […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsAug 29th, 2019

795 new dengue cases reported in NorMin

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (MindaNews/20 August) — At least 795 new suspected dengue cases were reported in various hospitals across Northern Mindanao over the weekend, health officials citing new data said Tuesday. Dr. David Mendoza, head of the Regional Epidemiology, Surveillance and Disaster Response Unit of DOH Northern Mindanao, said the recent batch of patients […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsAug 20th, 2019

Study: Teenage pregnancies prevalent in disaster-hit areas

The displacement of families during the onslaught of natural disasters often results in pregnancies not just among adult mothers, but also among teenage girls......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 8th, 2019

Britain Drafts Plans to Sanction Iran in Tanker-Quarrel

British officials are drawing up plans to target Iran with sanctions for its seizing of a British-flagged oil tanker in the Strait off Hormuz, and it may urge European Union countries to reimpose s.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJul 22nd, 2019

Britain Drafts Plans to Sanction Iran in Tanker-Quarrel

British officials are drawing up plans to target Iran with sanctions for its seizing of a British-flagged oil tanker in the Strait off Hormuz, and it may urge European Union countries to reimpose s.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJul 21st, 2019

Falcon leaves 3 dead

Heavy rains spawned by Tropical Storm Falcon left three people dead in Cagayan Valley and Negros Occidental, disaster officials reported yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 18th, 2019

Press rights group in secret Riyadh mission to urge journalists release

PARIS, France – French press freedom group Reporters Without Borders (RSF) confidentially met top Saudi officials in Riyadh to press for the release of journalists after the murder of dissident writer Jamal Khashoggi , it revealed Wednesday, July 10. The RSF delegation went to Riyadh in late April and urged Saudi ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 10th, 2019

ASEAN, NDRRMC open emergency satellite warehouse for reg l response

ASEAN beefs up its regional disaster response capability as officials on Monday launched newest emergency satellite warehouse in Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City.(L-R) Ec.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJul 2nd, 2019

SK, student leaders in La Union learn about DRRM

SAN JUAN, La Union, June 11 (PIA) -- Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) officials and student leaders in the province of La Union learned about disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM) on Tuesday, June.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJun 11th, 2019

SK, student leaders in La Union learn about DRRM

SAN JUAN, La Union, June 11 (PIA) -- Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) officials and student leaders in the province of La Union learned about disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM) on Tuesday, June.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJun 11th, 2019

Cordillera MSME development and disaster resilience pushed

#NegosyongMatatag. DTI officials, guests, forum speakers and participants show their commitment in pushing for diaster resilient MSME sector in Cordillera. (CCD/PIA CAR)BAGU.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJun 3rd, 2019

Cordillera MSME development and disaster resilience pushed

#NegosyongMatatag. DTI officials, guests, forum speakers and participants show their commitment in pushing for diaster resilient MSME sector in Cordillera. (CCD/PIA CAR)BAGU.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJun 3rd, 2019

Mambaling fire destroys 84 houses, displaces 446 persons

CEBU CITY, Philippines — An afternoon fire on May 31 razed at least 84 houses and displaced 119 families or 446 persons in Sitio Puntod, Barangay Mambaling, Cebu City. Wesley Yñigo, Cebu City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (CCDRRMO) operations chief, told CDN Digital in a phone interview on May 31 that these were the […] The post Mambaling fire destroys 84 houses, displaces 446 persons appeared first on Cebu Daily News......»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 1st, 2019