Advertisements


Ex-Lanao del Sur mayor on Duterte’s drug list indicted for non-filing of SALN

DAVAO CITY, Philippines – A former Lanao del Sur mayor, whose name was metioned in Duterte’s list of officials allegedly involved in the drug trade, was charged by the Ombudsman for failing to file her Statements of Assets, Liabilities and Network (SALN). On Monday, January 22, the Ombudsman said it indicted ........»»

Category: newsSource: rappler rapplerJan 22nd, 2018

Duterte: Burden of proof on local execs in narco list

DAVAO CITY, Philippines — President Duterte told local government officials in Lanao del Norte to prove that they are not involved in the illegal drug trade.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 29th, 2017

Duterte: Burden of proof on local execs in narco list

DAVAO CITY, Philippines — President Duterte told local government officials in Lanao del Norte to prove that they are not involved in the illegal drug trade Source link link: Duterte: Burden of proof on local execs in narco list.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsDec 29th, 2017

Duterte Order: ‘Shoot to Kill’

DAVAO CITY – President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered soldiers to shoot and kill armed communist rebels as security forces are readying to fight the New People’s Army following the total collapse of the peace talks. Duterte, who previously supported the rebel group when he was mayor of Davao City, gave the order recently and assured members of the armed forces that he shall take sole responsibility for it. He tagged the NPA as a terrorist group and vows to finish off the rebels who are fighting to overthrow the democratic government and install its own. “So what will be my orders to the? Shoot them, they will kill you anyway. So if there is an armed NPA there or terrorists, if he’s holding any firearms, shoot and tell any…ako na ang magsagot, you just shut up. Do not answer if that issue of human rights, you say, go to Duterte. It is and was his order para tumahimik ka, sabihin mo. And so? You are destroying my country, you expect me to pat you in the back and say, dahan-dahan ka lang,” Duterte told soldiers. He said an executive order declaring the NPA as terrorist group would be out soon. He said human rights organizations and fronts allied with the communist rebels would also be branded as terrorists. “I am preparing now. They are preparing the executive order declaring them to be terrorists and they will be afforded the treatment of being criminals. There will be no filing of cases under the public security like rebellion because rebellion is considered sometimes a noble undertaking, it’s only because you want your country to do better,” the tough-talking President said. Duterte said he would no longer negotiate peace the communist rebels, who also vowed to intensify their attacks on government and military targets. No. 1 Terrorist Communist rebel chieftain Jose Maria Sison also branded Duterte as the “No. 1 terrorist” in the country and accused him of mass murder after the President scrapped the peace talks. “Duterte is the No. 1 terrorist in the Philippines. He is culpable for the abduction, torture and mass murder of an increasing large number of poor people suspected drug users and pushers, peasants and indigenous people in suspected guerrilla fronts and Moro people suspected of aiding the Dawlah Islamiyah from the time of the indiscriminate bombing of Marawi City to the present in several Bangsamoro areas,” Sison, who is self-exile in The Netherlands since 1987, said in a statement sent to the regional newspaper Mindanao Examiner. Duterte has threatened to outlaw the Communist Party of the Philippines, which Sison founded; and its political wing, the National Democratic Front of the Philippines and jail its leaders, including leftist and human rights organizations conniving with them. He scrapped the peace talks after rebels declined to sign a ceasefire accord and continue attacking government and civilian targets despite on-going negotiations. Sison called Duterte as a “bloodlust” politician whose mania for mass murder are boundless. “Duterte´s blood lust and mania for mass murder are boundless. He expects to wipe out through arbitrary arrests, torture, indefinite detention and massacre of suspected revolutionaries and legal social activists both the armed revolutionary movement and the legal democratic movement in order to set up a fascist dictatorship in the service of US imperialism and his fellow oligarchs among the big compradors, landlords and corrupt bureaucrats,” he said. “And yet Duterte is utterly malicious and shameless in threatening and scheming to label and outlaw as terrorists the suspected members and entireties of such revolutionary organizations as the National Democratic Front of the Philippines, the Communist Party of the Philippines and the New People´s Army and even such legal patriotic and progressive organizations as BAYAN and its affiliates,” added Sison, a former university professor. He said the Duterte administration, backed by the United States, is hell-bent on frustrating the people´s clamor for peace negotiations to address the roots of the civil war through the adoption and implementation of social, economic, political and constitutional reforms as the basis of a just and lasting peace. Sison said the Duterte government is striving to intimidate the people with its own terrorist scheme and crimes in order to seize absolute autocratic power for the President and limitless opportunity for the bureaucratic corruption of his family and ruling clique. He said the rebel forces now have no choice, but to wage all forms of resistance and fight for national sovereignty, democracy, economic development, social and cultural progress and independent foreign policy. “The Filipino people and revolutionary forces waging the people´s democratic revolution have no choice but to intensify the people´s war through an extensive and intensive guerrilla warfare in rural areas and partisan or commando operations in urban areas. The legal democratic forces and broad opposition have no choice but to develop the underground and encourage endangered activists to become fighters in the people´s army.” “Duterte is already discredited as a mass murderer, political swindler, a sycophant to foreign powers and a corrupt bureaucrat. These characteristics of his and the ever worsening chronic crisis of the semi-colonial and semi-feudal ruling system will surely limit his ability to stay in power and accelerate the growth and rise of a revolutionary united front against his rule of greed and terror,” Sison said. He said even within the armed forces and police, there are already rumblings against the “despotic, criminal and corrupt character of […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsDec 2nd, 2017

Former Misamis Oriental mayor on Duterte drug list reports to PNP

Former Misamis Oriental mayor on Duterte drug list reports to PNP.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJan 24th, 2017

PNP reg’l directors, hatagan og kopya sa ‘drug-watch list’

&'160; &'160; MANILA, January 23 (PIA)&''Hatagan og kopya sa &'8220;drug watch list&'8221; ang mga regional directors sa Philippine National Police (PNP) sa tibuok nasod. Matud pa ni Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Kalihim Ismael Sueno, ang maong kamanduan naggikan kang Presidente Rodrigo Duterte human ang gihimong  pakig-pulong niini sa mga mayor ug  gobernador [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  boholnewsdailyRelated NewsJan 23rd, 2017

Duterte tags former Iligan congressman, mayor in drug list

Duterte tags former Iligan congressman, mayor in drug list.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsDec 19th, 2016

Mayor in Duterte drug list, 9 others killed in shootout

he mayor of a town in Mag........»»

Category: newsSource:  manila_shimbunRelated NewsOct 28th, 2016

Maguindanao mayor, 9 others killed in anti-drugs operation

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 28 October) – The mayor of a town in Maguindanao who was on the list of alleged drug personalities read by President Rodrigo Duterte on August 7 was killed along with his nine escorts along the highway in Makilala, North Cot.....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsOct 28th, 2016

Maguindanao mayor on Duterte drug list killed in shootout

Maguindanao mayor on Duterte drug list killed in shootout.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsOct 28th, 2016

Mayor in Duterte drug list killed in clash with police

Mayor in Duterte drug list killed in clash with police.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsOct 28th, 2016

Maguindanao mayor on Duterte drug list killed in shootout - Rappler

Maguindanao mayor on Duterte drug list killed in shootout - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsOct 28th, 2016

Vice mayor in Duterte drug list arrested

MAGUINDANAO, Philippines – Police arrested a vice mayor included in President Duterte’s list of narco-politicians at the Maguindanao provincial airport yeste.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 8th, 2016

‘Narco-mayor’ survives ambush in Cebu; 4 hurt

MAYOR Vicente Loot, previously named by President Duterte in the “narco list,” and his family survived the ambush by two unidentified assailants who sprayed bullets on them while on board a pump boat at the New Maya Port in Daanbantayan town, northern Cebu on Sunday morning. Their two drivers – Arnel Rosario, 47, and Ruben… link: ‘Narco-mayor’ survives ambush in Cebu; 4 hurt.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsMay 13th, 2018

Mayor in narco-list survives ambush

A PHILIPPINE mayor accused of involvement in narcotics trafficking survived an ambush on Sunday, police said, four months after President Rodrigo R. Duterte publicly threatened to kill him. Retired police chief superintendent Vicente A. Loot, mayor of Daanbantayan in northern Cebu, had been repeatedly named by Mr. Duterte as one of the so-called “narco-generals” protecting […] The post Mayor in narco-list survives ambush appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMay 13th, 2018

Duterte son cleared from smuggling raps

THE OFFICE of the Ombudsman in a statement Wednesday said it has cleared former Davao City Vice-Mayor Paolo Z. Duterte as well as lawyer Manases R. Carpio, from charges in connection with illegal drugs worth P6.4-billion drug smuggled in May last year. The presidential son and his brother-in-law, Mr. Carpio, were dragged into that controversy […] The post Duterte son cleared from smuggling raps appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMay 2nd, 2018

Newly Released List of Narco-Politicians Baffles Tomas Osmeña

PDEA’s list of narco-politicians surprises Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña. “I’m surprised!… It just shows that they’re not in control,” Osmeña said. It was reported that of the 207 barangay officials who are linked on the illegal drug trade, no barangay official from Cebu was part of the list of narco-politicians that was released by […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsMay 2nd, 2018

PDEA on drug list, Duterte signs contractualization EO, Mueller on Trump | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Chief Aaron Aquino says they will apologize if their newly released drug list turns out to have errors.  President Rodrigo Duterte on Labor Day signs an executive order banning illegal contracting and sub-contracting.  Australian nun Patricia Fox vows to return to the Philippines.  The Land Transportation Office in Western Visayas wants to immediately remove some 1,800 unregistered ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 1st, 2018

Barangay drug list bared

By Minde Nyl R. dela Cruz, Reporter THE PHILIPPINE Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) is set to file charges “in a week or two” against 207 barangay captains and councilors identified in a list released Monday as those involved in illegal drugs. “PDEA will be filing cases against the personalities in the list. While we have […] The post Barangay drug list bared appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsApr 30th, 2018

PDEA to file drug charges vs over 200 barangay officials, councilors

The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) is set to file charges against the 207 barangay captains and councilors involved in illegal drugs. “PDEA will be filing cases against the personalities in the list. While we have at hand pieces of evidence against them, PDEA is continuously conducting case build up for the case to be […] The post PDEA to file drug charges vs over 200 barangay officials, councilors appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsApr 30th, 2018

‘Not yet time to release barangay narco list’

Days after ordering the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) to release the barangay narco list, President Duterte said it was not yet time to reveal the names of village officials with alleged ties to illegal drug syndicates......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 30th, 2018