Advertisements


Evasco out as head of NFA Council

Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr. is out of the National Food Authority (NFA) Council, following a row with NFA Administrator Jason Aquino over rice importation. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said on Tuesday that Evasco would no longer head the NFA Council because President Rodrigo Duterte decided on Monday night to put the NFA under the Department of Agriculture, along with the Philippine Coconut Authority and the Fertilizer and Pesticide Authority. Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel Piol is expected to head the new NFA Council. The council, the policymaking body of the NFA, will also no longer include the Development Bank of the Philippines, which will be replaced b...Keep on reading: Evasco out as head of NFA Council.....»»

Category: newsSource: inquirer inquirerApr 18th, 2018

NFA council head out

CABINET Secretary Leoncio “Jun” Evasco will no longer head the policy setting National Food Authority (NFA) Council. Evasco used to supervise the NFA on the strength of Executive Order 1 issued by President Rodrigo Duterte in 2016. The Cabinet Secretary also has supervision over 11 other government agencies. In a….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsApr 17th, 2018

DoJ’s Guevarra backs JBC overhaul

Justice Secretary Menardo I. Guevarra on Tuesday, May 22, expressed his support for the consultive committee on charter change’s (Concom) proposal to reorganize the Judicial and Bar Council (JBC), describing to reporters the reforms as “a good idea.” As the head of the Department of Justice (DoJ), Guevarra is an ex-officio member of the constitutional body […] The post DoJ’s Guevarra backs JBC overhaul appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMay 22nd, 2018

‘Village head declared used vehicles brand new’

The reelected chairman of a village in Las Piñas City is facing another complaint for allegedly purchasing two secondhand rescue vehicles but declared them as brand new. The complainant, Enrico Medina, an incumbent council member of Barangay Daniel Fajardo, claimed that their village head, Robert Cristobal, purchased a small fire truck and an ambulance last [...] The post ‘Village head declared used vehicles brand new’ appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsMay 20th, 2018

NYC Monitors SK Mandatory Training

The National Youth Commission (NYC) is closely monitoring the conduct of the mandatory training for the elected officers of the Sangguniang Kabataan nationwide. In the regular meeting of the Regional Youth Advisory Council (RYAC) held May 17 at the Police Regional Office-6, Sheridan Athena Gajete, NYC Visayas Cluster Head, said that all area officers and […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsMay 19th, 2018

SEA Games: We will play Thailand in the Finals -- Suzara on PHI women s volleyball team

Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee executive director and Philippine volleyball figure Ramon ‘Tats’ Suzara believes that the national squad will have a great chance to land a podium finish when the country hosts the 30th edition of the biennial meet from November 30 to December 10 next year. The men’s and women’s national squads participated in the last two SEA Games editions in Singapore and Malaysia after skipping the sport for a decade. However, the Nationals failed to land a medal both times. “Of course, people were expecting to get a medal last year in Kuala Lumpur but it doesn’t take a year to prepare the national team. It takes two SEA Games to prepare the national team,” said Suzara, who is also the FIVB and Asian Volleyball Confederation marketing and development committee chairman. PHI women’s volleyball team head coach Ramil De Jesus held two tryouts last month to form a new squad that will participate in the Asian Games in July and the Asian Cup in August.       Exposure in these major international competitions according to Suzara will equip the Pinay volleybelles in its search for a SEA Games medal. The Filipinas landed a bronze medal in the 2005 Manila edition and last won a gold medal back in 1993 in the Singapore meet. “In fact, they asked me why in the SEA Games why volleyball is important. I just told them that we will play Thailand in the Finals,” said Suzara. “Our women’s volleyball has to play very well in the Asian Games and in the Asian Cup but our target is the SEA Games.” “SEA Games is so important in our heart so we should play in the Finals,” he added. “Even our chef de mission Monsour Del Rosario asked me last night, ‘What do you think of our women’s volleyball? Can we play in the Finals?’ I just said that I’m always positive that our women’s volleyball should play in the Finals.” Volleyball is considered as the second most popular sport in the country next to basketball. The local organizing committee after the two-day SEA Games Federation Council meeting announced that volleyball games will be held at the Big Dome. And Suzara is optimistic that fans will fill the venue to show their support.    “I’m sure (fans will fill the arena),” he said. “Of course, we have men’s volleyball and we have to give that attention. But I think out women’s national team has to work hard and with their experience in the Asian Games this year and the Asian Cup we should know where we are at the level. We should work hard. Our national team should work hard to reach this level in 2019. “We still have a year and a half for our national team to be on top.”       --- Follow this writer on Twitter, @fromtheriles.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMay 17th, 2018

Village, Youth Polls Generally Peaceful: PNP

The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Monday declared the conduct of the nationwide barangay (village) and Sangguniang Kabataan (youth council) elections as “generally peaceful.” “The 2018 Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections had been relatively peaceful and orderly in all regions of the country as the polls closed at 3 p.m.,” Chief Supt. John Bulalacao, head […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsMay 15th, 2018

DOT chief still winding down work on rice imports in DA

Incoming tourism secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat is still winding down work as head of the interagency National Food Authority Council as the Department of Agriculture proposed an open auction for rice imports......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 10th, 2018

Sereno supporters seek SolGen’s resignation over ‘double standard’

Supporters of Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno on Monday demanded the resignation of Solicitor General Jose Calida for rejecting the request of a private citizen to pursue a quo warranto case against Supreme Court Associate Justice Teresita Leonardo de Castro. In a statement, the Coalition for Justice (CFJ) reminded Calida that De Castro, a fierce critic of Sereno, had failed to present all her statements of assets, liabilities and net worth (SALNs) to the Judicial and Bar Council (JBC) in 2012 when she applied for the position of top magistrate. Quo warranto proceedings Sereno's supposed failure to submit the required SALNs to the JBC before she was appointed to head the judici...Keep on reading: Sereno supporters seek SolGen’s resignation over ‘double standard’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 30th, 2018

Davao City introduces illegal drugs module for schools

DAVAO CITY, Philippines – All public and private schools in Davao City will include a module on illegal drugs in their programs, according to the head of the Davao City Anti-Drug Abuse Council (Cadac).  This makes President Rodrigo Duterte's home city the first local government to implement such initative. Michael Aportadera, Cadac head, the ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 30th, 2018

PBA Board finish up 'productive' meeting in Hong Kong

The PBA Board of Governors convened for nearly three hours to take up critical issues in a meeting at the Marco Polo Hotel in Hong Kong last Thursday.  League commissioner Willie Marcial described the meeting as "productive" and said it will replace the regular session in the fourth Thursday of this month. PBA chairman Ricky Vargas and TNT alternate governor Patrick Gregorio arrived in Hong Kong late Wednesday from Bangkok where they attended an Olympic Council of Asia conference.  Vargas is concurrently the POC president and Gregorio, the POC secretary-general. It was a complete attendance when the Board met last Thursday afternoon. One of the key points of discussion was the PBA's participation in the FIBA 3x3 World Cup scheduled at the Philippine Arena on June 8-12.  SBP president Al Panlilio, who represents Meralco in the PBA Board, said the Philippine lineup will be disclosed before the end of the month.  A pool of players will be named along with the head coach.  Only four players will comprise the final roster. The Board also took up the recommendations of the PBA Competition Committee that met in the PBA office last Tuesday.  It approved the reduction of the 30-second timeout from three to two or one per half and allowing the touching of the backboard while attempting to block a shot.  Previously, it was an automatic goaltending call if a player made contact with the backboard in trying to block a shot.  However, a goaltending call will be made if a player makes contact with the backboard with no attempt to block in a shooting situation.  Regarding contact with the net on a shot attempt, the Board ratified the Committee's recommendation to call a goaltending only if the net is pulled so as to obstruct the conversion. Additionally, the Board designated Alaska governor Dickie Bachmann and legal counsel Melvin Mendoza to confer with former PBA players on the proposed partnership of the newly-organized foundation Samahan Ng Dating Propesyonal na Basketbolista ng Pilipinas. Marcial had previously met with officers of the foundation, including Atoy Co, Philip Cezar, Ed Cordero, Allan Caidic, Alvin Patrimonio and Art dela Cruz to discuss ways of assisting former PBA players who are in dire need of medical care......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsApr 21st, 2018

Evasco out of NFA council – Palace

The feud among President Duterte’s men in the rice industry is expected to simmer down as Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr. has been removed as chairman of the National Food Authority Council. Source link link: Evasco out of NFA council – Palace.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsApr 18th, 2018

Evasco out of NFA Council

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has removed Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr. as chairman of the National Food Authority (NFA) Council, after returning the NFA to the supervision of the Department of Agriculture. “Because the NFA is under the Department of Agriculture anew, Cabinet Secretary Leoncio V. Evasco will no longer be part of the NFA council,” [...] The post Evasco out of NFA Council appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsApr 17th, 2018

Shuffling NFA Council won’t solve rice loss

Secretary to the Cabinet Leoncio Evasco was removed Monday as National Food Authority chairman. He had just reported to President Rodrigo Duterte corruption at the NFA......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 17th, 2018

Evasco out of NFA council – Palace

The feud among President Duterte’s men in the rice industry is expected to simmer down as Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr. has been removed as chairman of the National Food Authority Council......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 17th, 2018

Evasco out of NFA council – Palace - Philippine Star

Evasco out of NFA council – Palace - Philippine Star.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsApr 17th, 2018

CabSec Evasco out of NFA Council

CabSec Evasco out of NFA Council.....»»

Category: newsSource:  cnnphilippinesRelated NewsApr 17th, 2018

Jason Aquino won, consumers lost in NFA Council shake-up – Pangilinan

MANILA, Philippines – The Filipino consumer is the biggest loser in President Rodrigo Duterte’s decision to  remove  Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr as chairman of the National Food Authority (NFA) Council. Minority Senator Francis Pangilinan, who headed the NFA Council under the previous administration, questioned the decision which makes NFA ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 17th, 2018

Evasco and NFA Council, Guevarra on Napoles, Bureau of Immigration releases Fox | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr is no longer the chairman and a member of the National Food Authority Council.  Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra tells the Sandiganbayan alleged pork scam mastermind Janet Lim Napoles does not have the right to demand transfer to a safehouse.  The Bureau of Immigration releases Australian nun Sister Patricia ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 17th, 2018

Duterte removes Cabinet Secretary Evasco from NFA Council

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the removal of Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr. as chairman of the National Food Authority (NFA) Council after the NFA has been returned to the Department of Agriculture (DA). “Because the NFA is under the Department of Agriculture anew, Cabinet Secretary Leoncio V. Evasco will no longer be part of the NFA [...] The post Duterte removes Cabinet Secretary Evasco from NFA Council appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsApr 17th, 2018

Duterte orders Evasco’s removal from NFA Council

President Rodrigo Duterte on Monday ordered the removal of Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr. from the 18-member National Food Authority Council, as well as the return of the grains agency under the control of the Department of Agriculture......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 17th, 2018