Advertisements


Duterte won t visit Marawi for siege anniversary – Bong Go

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte will not visit Marawi to commemorate the first year of the Marawi siege, said Special Assistant to the President Bong Go. Go said on Wednesday, May 23, that Duterte would rather visit the city later this year to mark the first anniversary of the liberation of ........»»

Category: newsSource: rappler rapplerMay 23rd, 2018

Duterte snubs Marawi event

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte did not show up yesterday at Marawi City, skipping all activities lined up to commemorate the first anniversary of the bloody siege. Special Assistant to the President Bong Go said Duterte does not want to “honor” the day the ISIS-linked Maute group attacked the city and took….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMay 23rd, 2018

STATEMENT: Suara Bangsamoro on the 1st anniversary of the ‘liberation’ of Marawi City

Statement of Suara Bangsamoro, National Executive Council(NEC) 16 October 018 Homelessness and landlessness, the result of President Dutertes liberation of Marawi City A year after President Rodrigo Duterte’s declaration of Marawi Citys liberation from the siege mounted by Maute and other ISIS-inspired groups, more than 27,000 displaced Marawi City residents continue to suffer homelessness and […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsOct 17th, 2018

Duterte thanks Nethanyahu for helping PH during Marawi City siege

JERUSALEM -- President Rodrigo Duterte thanked Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Nethanyahu not only for Israel's "benevolence" to Filipinos here, mostly caregivers, but also for aiding the Philippines in last year's Marawi City siege. In return, Nethanyahu thanked Filipino caregivers for taking care of his people, including his late father and late uncle as both men inked an agreement to protect these workers here from exploitation. "I like many Israeli families are deeply moved by this show of humanity," Nethanyahu told President Duterte. The two leaders met in the Israeli prime minister's office here on Monday, day 2 of President Duterte's four-day official visit to Israel....Keep on reading: Duterte thanks Nethanyahu for helping PH during Marawi City siege.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 3rd, 2018

Zubiri wants Bangsamoro bill passed on Marawi siege anniversary

MANILA, Philippines – Mindanaoan Senator Juan Miguel Zubiri is eyeing the Senate passage of the long delayed bill creating a new Bangsamoro region on May 23, the  first anniversary of the bloody Marawi siege. (READ: Lawmakers tell Duterte they'll pass BBL by end of May ) "I will try to pass the BBL (Bangsamoro Basic Law) by ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 3rd, 2018

ISIS militants, hostages escape Marawi mosque

MARAWI CITY – Dozens of local ISIS militants and their hostages managed to escape undetected from a mosque they used to attack security forces in the besieged city of Marawi.  The daring escape was only discovered after troops managed to advance and eventually recaptured the mosque from militants on Thursday hours before President Rodrigo Duterte’s visit to Marawi. The military trumpeted the “liberation” of the mosque, but it did not say how ISIS fighters and their captives managed to escape from thousands of troops who surrounded Marawi, and spy planes and drones monitoring the siege since May 23.  The fate of the hostages, including a Catholic priest and church workers, remains unknown.  Duterte, wearing a Kevlar helmet and a bullet-proof vest, inspected troops in the battlefront and spoke to them. “The President also congratulated the troops for defending Marawi from terror elements and for successfully retaking the Islamic Center yesterday, a structure that was maintained as the Daesh-inspired terrorist group's command and control for the longest time before it was retaken,” said Army Captain Jo-ann Petinglay, a spokeswoman for the Western Mindanao Command.  It was his 3rd visit to Marawi since the fighting began when militants occupied the city in an effort to put up an Islamic province in the restive region. Security officials also briefed Duterte on the progress of the military operations against the militants.  In his talk with the soldiers, Duterte assured his full support to the military and police forces fighting ISIS. “I would like to reiterate this, I will never abandon you as long as you are doing the right thing. This would include fighting against the terrorists groups, the drug lords or the common criminals as long as you are doing your sworn duty to enforce the law and protect the republic. Let me emphasize however that you must do your job in accordance with the law,” he said.  Duterte was accompanied by National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon, Defense Undersecretary Cesar Yano, Armed Forces Chief of Staff General Eduardo Ano and Army Chief Lieutenant General Glorioso Miranda.  Oust Duterte  His visit to the battlefield came days after disgruntled soldiers and policemen who are members of a shadowy group called Patriotic and Democratic Movement or PADEM called for the ouster of Duterte. They accused Duterte of treating the military and police as his private armies and for betraying and violating public trust and cited 10 reasons to call for his ouster. The group also urged Filipinos to join PADEM in condemning and fighting Duterte and his administration and to stage mass actions and demand the President’s ouster. In a manifesto, Antonio Bonifacio, who claimed to be PADEM’s spokesman, called on members of the military and police to also join the people in demanding Duterte’s resignation and also his administration. It said the group is working for the withdrawal military and police support for Duterte.  “We urge all Filipinos as individuals and as groups in whatever social sector, field, institution or organization to exercise their right of assembly and expression to undertake mass actions demanding the ouster of Duterte and his administration. We call on our fellow officers and members of the AFP and the PNP to join the people in demanding the resignation or ouster of Duterte and his administration.” “We pledge to work for the withdrawal of military and police support for Duterte and his administration in conjunction with mass mobilization of the Filipino people in millions to manifest their demand for the resignation or ouster of Duterte and his administration. Upon the change of administration, we pledge to follow the principle of civilian supremacy and support a new civilian administration, in accordance with the 1987 Constitution and the rule of law,” the manifesto, released by Bonifacio – believed to be a nom de guerre – said. PADEM also condemned and holds accountable for gross crimes in betrayal of public trust and in violation of national sovereignty and democratic rights of the Filipino people. It cited the following reasons as alleged crimes of Duterte:   Treating the AFP and the PNP as these were his private armies and practising favoritism and violating professional and service standards in the promotion and assignment of officers; Corrupting the PNP and the AFP with a system of monetary awards for the extrajudicial killing of alleged illegal drug users and of NPA suspects; Condoning and protecting top-level illegal drug lords; Emboldening/inciting police officers to engage in extrajudicial killings of poor suspected illegal drug users and pushers by publicly telling officers to plant evidence and by guaranteeing their pardon and promotion in case of conviction; Aggravating corruption in government and criminality through the collusion of Duterte trustees and crime syndicates; Allowing China to occupy maritime features in the West Philippine Sea and to violate Philippine sovereign rights upheld by decision of the Arbitral Tribunal in accordance with the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea; Bungling the operations in Marawi City and indiscriminately destroying lives and property through aerial bombings, artillery and mortar; Favoring certain Chinese businessmen and Duterte relatives and cronies in the award of projected infrastructure projects using loans from China; Betraying the sovereign rights of the Filipino people by making the Philippines a debt vassal of China and offering to China the oil and gas resources under the West Philippine Sea as collateral for Chinese loans; and Seeking to replace the partnership with the United States in matters [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsAug 25th, 2017

Duterte eyes Marawi visit on 1st anniversary as President

Duterte eyes Marawi visit on 1st anniversary as President.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 28th, 2017

Mindanao under martial law

Duterte cuts Russia trip short to oversee siege of Marawi By BEN R. ROSARIO and GENALYN D. KABILING MOSCOW, Russia — President Duterte, on a working visit here, placed the whole of Mindanao under martial law last night to suppress lawless violence and rebellion, following the deadly siege of the Maute terror group in Marawi [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsMay 23rd, 2017

Ambassador Kim Announces P1.35 Billion Marawi Response Project

U.S. Ambassador to the Philippines Sung Y. Kim announced the Marawi Response Project, a P1.35 billion ($25 million), three-year U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) program designed to improve economic and social conditions of communities directly affected by the Marawi Siege. Ambassador Kim announced the project on his visit to Marawi City, where he met […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsOct 18th, 2018

THE RUINS OF MARAWI (1): A year after liberation, Meranaws await rehabilitation

By Carolyn O. Arguillas MindaNews and Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism MARAWI CITY (MindaNews/PCIJ / 17 October) -– The groundbreaking for the government’s ambitious rehabilitation of this city was supposed to take place today, the first anniversary of Marawi’s “liberation” from the Islamic State-inspired Maute Group that had laid siege on it last year. Last […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsOct 18th, 2018

THE RUINS OF MARAWI: A year after liberation, Meranaws await rehabilitation

By Carolyn O. Arguillas MindaNews and Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism MARAWI CITY (MindaNews/PCIJ / 17 October) -– The groundbreaking for the government’s ambitious rehabilitation of this city was supposed to take place today, the first anniversary of Marawi’s “liberation” from the Islamic State-inspired Maute Group that had laid siege on it last year. Last […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsOct 17th, 2018

Palace on Marawi: Filipinos will ‘unceasingly stand’ vs terrorism

  Filipinos will "unceasingly stand" against terrorism, Malacaang said Tuesday, a year after President Rodrigo Duterte declared the liberation of Marawi City from the ISIS-inspired Maute Group.   The homegrown terrorists laid siege to Islamic city of Marawi on May 23, 2017, prompting Duterte to declare martial law in the whole of Mindanao.   The attack led to five months of heavy fighting that killed more than a thousand people, wounded about 1,400 and devastated the city.   "As we celebrate the triumphs of our government troops against the Daesh-inspired Maute rebels, we pay tribute to those who have fallen in the fierce battles during the si...Keep on reading: Palace on Marawi: Filipinos will ‘unceasingly stand’ vs terrorism.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 17th, 2018

Marawi’s debris management contractor named; Oct. 17 eyed for ‘Ground Zero’ groundbreaking

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 07 October) —  October 17, the first anniversary of President Rodrigo Duterte’s declaration of Marawi City’s “liberation” after a five-month war, is the new target date for the groundbreaking rites that would mark the start of rehabilitation in Marawi’s ‘Ground Zero.’ “Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby declare Marawi City liberated from […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsOct 8th, 2018

Roque to ‘think twice on options’ after being ‘kept in the dark’ on Duterte health

THE days of Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque in Malacanang may be numbered after he disclosed on Friday that he would “think twice on his options” after being kept in the dark on President Rodrigo Duterte’s visit to the hospital on Wednesday. Despite denials by Roque and Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go, Duterte,… link: Roque to ‘think twice on options’ after being ‘kept in the dark’ on Duterte health.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsOct 5th, 2018

Roque to ‘think twice on options’ after being ‘kept in the dark’ on Duterte health

THE days of Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque in Malacanang may be numbered after he disclosed on Friday that he would “think twice on his options” after being kept in the dark on President Rodrigo Duterte’s visit to the hospital on Wednesday. Despite denials by Roque and Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go, Duterte, [...] The post Roque to ‘think twice on options’ after being ‘kept in the dark’ on Duterte health appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsOct 5th, 2018

Bong Go won’t tolerate Bertiz despite friendship

PILI, Camarines Sur --- Special Assistant to the President Christopher "Bong" Go saidMondaythat abusive government officials like Rep. John Bertiz would not be tolerated. Go, who was an honored guest at the celebration of the 14th founding anniversary of Philippine Army's 9th Infantry Division in Camp Elias Angeles in Pili, Camarines Sur, admitted that Bertiz, who was recently under fire for allegedly harrasing an airport official in the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), has been a friend to him and President Rodrigo Duterte. He also said that Bertiz, an ACTS-OFW partylist representative, had always been with them in their official travels overseas with the President t...Keep on reading: Bong Go won’t tolerate Bertiz despite friendship.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 1st, 2018

Duterte to visit Cagayan, Ilocos

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte will visit typhoon-ravaged Tuguegarao City in Cagayan and Laoag City in Ilocos Norte Sunday afternoon, Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go said. Presidential Political Adviser Francis Tolentino on Sunday said 25 people died from the onslaught of typhoon Ompong that made landfall in Baggao, Cagayan before dawn on Saturday. The [...] The post Duterte to visit Cagayan, Ilocos appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsSep 16th, 2018

Amputee Marawi soldiers among those who joined Duterte in Israel-Jordan trip

Soldiers who lost limb during the five-month Marawi siege were among the military personnel who joined President Rodrigo Duterte's trip to Israel and Jordan......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 8th, 2018

Jordan to deliver helicopters to PH by July 2019

MANILA, Philippines – During Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte's visit to Jordan, the Jordan government promised to deliver two Bell AH-1 Cobra attack helicopters to the Philippines by July 2019. This was confirmed by Special Assistant to the President Bong Go on Thursday, September 6, as Duterte met with King Abdullah ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsSep 6th, 2018

Duterte thanks Israel for Marawi battle help

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte on Monday thanked Israel for its “critical” help in defeating Islamic State-inspired rebels that laid siege to Marawi City last year. Duterte extended the country’s gratitude during his remarks prior to the signing of agreements he and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu witnessed at the premier’s office….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsSep 4th, 2018

Duterte fit to finish term until 2022, says Bong Go  

DATU ABDULLAH SANGKI, Maguindanao ---President RodrigoDuterte is physically and mentally fit to finish his term until 2022, but he was exasperated with corruption in the military and various government agencies, his presidential assistant saidMonday. Special Assistant to the President Christopher "Bong" Go, who graced the foundation anniversary of Datu Abdullah Sangkin town in Maguindanao, clarified to reporters the President's public pronouncement earlier that he would resign if Bongbong Marcos wins the electoral protest against Vice President Leni Robredo. "Knowing the President in the past 20 years, he is just tired. He is physically and mentally fit to finish his term until 202...Keep on reading: Duterte fit to finish term until 2022, says Bong Go  .....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 20th, 2018