Advertisements


Duterte hits priests; Palace says slays aim to divide nation

President Duterte yesterday continued his tirades against priests, stressing they were no different from him when it came to fondness for women......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarJun 13th, 2018

Duterte hits priests; Palace says slays aim to divide nation - Philippine Star

Duterte hits priests; Palace says slays aim to divide nation - Philippine Star.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJun 13th, 2018

Palace open to dialogue with church leaders

Malacañang has not closed its doors on the Catholic Church despite the verbal attacks by President Duterte in the wake of the recent killings of priests, presidential spokesman Harry Roque Jr. said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

Duterte hits priests anew

Duterte hits priests anew.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

Duterte denies persecuting priests

President Rodrigo Duterte denied on Wednesday that he was persecuting priests with his verbal attacks against the clergy. At the oath-taking of newly promoted officials of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) he said he did not say anything against Catholic priests. Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque also earlier explained that the President's "verbal attacks" against the Catholic Church has nothing to do with the growing number of priests that have been killed since December 2017. READ: Palace: No link between Duterte's attacks and priests' killings Roque issued the statement a day afterArchbishop Socrates "Soc" Villegas said assassins could have been "emboldened" by...Keep on reading: Duterte denies persecuting priests.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 13th, 2018

Palace sees hand of lawless elements in priests’ killing

MALACAÑANG yesterday said lawless elements are out to discredit government efforts against criminality by sowing division through acts such as the killing of priests. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque made the statement after Lingayen-Dagupan Archbishop Socrates Villegas called on President Rodrigo Duterte to stop his verbal attacks on the Catholic Church….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJun 13th, 2018

Palace: Killings of priests aim to discredit Duterte s anti-crime drive

Palace: Killings of priests aim to discredit Duterte s anti-crime drive.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsJun 13th, 2018

Rody OKs rice imports to augment NFA buffer

By Ted Tuvera and Angie M. Rosales President Duterte has allowed the National Food Authority (NFA) to import 250,000 metric tons of rice amid reports of a shortage in government stock of the staple grain.Inter-agency NFA Council chairman Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco said Mr. Duterte has allowed the importation aside from an expected shipment of 325,000 MT of rice in February.“We have no option but to follow the President to activate the 250,000 MT on standby that will be on top of the 325,000 MT that will arrive anytime this month,” Evasco said.It turns out, however, that Presidential spokesman Harry Roque missed the President’s instruction to Evasco.Talking to reporters at Palace briefing, Roque said there is no need to import rice yet. “The point is, there’s already rice on its way, no need to authorize the standby order of 250,000 MT because there’s more than enough rice on its way to beef up the NFA stock,” Roque said. Claiming that there is no rice shortage, NFA administrator Jason Aquino said he plans to import rice to replenish the buffer stock.Notably, Evasco and Aquino had been at odds with each other on what mode of rice importation should be done.Evasco cited elements inside the NFA that manipulate importation processes to make money from it.Roque said that Evasco has nonetheless the trust of Mr. Duterte.“If he [Evasco] sees that there are rumblings because somebody wants to make money, so be it, but I’m happy that Secretary Evasco is on top of the situation,” Roque said. “He enjoys full trust and confidence of the President, that’s why until now the President has not commented on this issue because he trusts that Secretary Evasco will do what is best,” he added.Binay: ‘Get your acts together’Sen. Nancy Binay, however, urged agriculture officials to get their acts together on the reported shortage in rice supply of the NFA.Binay took note of the conflicting claims of NFA and Department of Agriculture (DA) officials on the status of NFA rice supply in the market.“My call is for them to hopefully talk. They should stop talking behind the back or blaming each other. It’s high time that they talk and settle the forecasting on the country’s rice stock,” she said.“I hope that DA (Department of Agriculture) Secretary (Manny) Piñol, the NFA Council, and the NFA leadership would sit down and discuss this matter. They should give priority to the need of the nation more than the internal issues among the different agencies,” Binay said.NFA spokesman Rebecca Olarte, last week, said that NFA-accredited rice retailers will not be able to sell NFA rice for the time being and confirmed that it has decided to temporarily discontinue issuing NFA rice to accredited retailers due to low supply.Piñol and Evasco belied the rice shortage, insisting that there is no shortfall on the rice supply in the country and they even said that there are enough stocks for consumption for the next 96 days.“My only concern is that we do not need to reach the stage when the poor can’t buy NFA rice. I guess it is a wakeup call for everybody,” said Binay.The senator herself attested the apparent lack in supply of NFA rice as she tried to purchase some for distribution as relief goods and was told that the price increased from P1,400 to P1,600 per sack.Binay supported the move taken by Sen. Cynthia Villar in conducting an investigation on whether there’s “artificial” rice supply shortage to effect an increase in the price of NFA rice in the market.Meanwhile, the government is expecting palay or paddy rice harvest of 3 million metric tons in the first quarter, which will augment the 2.8 million metric ton surplus from 2017, Agriculture Secretary Emanuel Piñol told DZMM.Piñol said there was no shortage in subsidized rice sold by the NFA, adding raising prices due to an alleged lack in supply amounted to “daylight robbery. Jason Faustino.....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 7th, 2018

Palace hits back at Sereno: She violated Constitution; Duterte did not

  Why point finger on the President?   Malacaang hit back at ousted chief justice Maria Lourdes Sereno on Friday for calling on President Rodrigo Duterte to resign after accusing him that he was behind her removal.   Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the Palace "have earlier refrained from commenting" on Sereno's call but said the former chief justice has been engaging in "grandstanding."   READ:Palace on Sereno's call for Duterte to quit: No comment   "However, the former top magistrate has been engaged in grandstanding and seeking media coverage, pointing an accusing finger at President Duterte for the result of the quo w...Keep on reading: Palace hits back at Sereno: She violated Constitution; Duterte did not.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 18th, 2018

Palace grieves over Edgardo Angara’s death

Malacaangon Sundayexpressed sorrow over the passing of former Senate President Edgardo Angara.   "We mourn the sudden passing of one of our great leaders and statesmen, Senate President Edgardo Angara, who died at age 83," Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement.   Angara's service to the nation had spanned several administrations in various capacities.   READ: Senators mourn death of Angara   In May 2017, President Rodrigo Duterte appointed Angara as special envoy to the European Union.   Angara's Laban ng Demokratikong Pilipino had endorsed the 2016 presidential bid of then Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte. ...Keep on reading: Palace grieves over Edgardo Angara’s death.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 13th, 2018

Palace: Duterte’s 3rd SONA to tackle only issues close to his heart

Malacaang said President Rodrigo Duterte's third State of the Nation Address (SONA) in July will have a new format and tackle only issues close to the chief executive's heart. Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a press briefing on Tuesday, "Talagang iyong SONA will be the President talking to the people and reporting to the people on matters na malapit sa puso po ng ating Presidente." "May bagong format at ang mangyayari, iyong SONA really, malilimita siya doon sa mga gusto talagang sabihin ng Presidente sa taongbayan. Iyong mga achievement, siguro may mga ibang pagkakataon nang iisa-isahin iyan," Roque added. The Palace Spokesperson, however, clarified that Duterte's...Keep on reading: Palace: Duterte’s 3rd SONA to tackle only issues close to his heart.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 8th, 2018

Don’t play gameswith the people

AS FATHER of the nation, President Rodrigo Duterte should not play games with the people, confuse them with conflicting statements and divide them at a cruci.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 16th, 2018

Don’t play gameswith the people

AS FATHER of the nation, President Rodrigo Duterte should not play games with the people, confuse them with conflicting statements and divide them at a cruci.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 14th, 2018

Malacañang slams UN commissioner

Malacañang on Saturday slammed the United Nations human rights chief for his remarks against President Rodrigo Duterte. Palace spokesman Harry Roque said the UN’s High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein remark that Duterte needs to undergo “psychiatric evaluation” was an affront to the nation. “I reiterate that the language used by the High [...] The post Malacañang slams UN commissioner appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsMar 10th, 2018

Palace on realignment of drug war funds: There will be adverse effect

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte needs funds for the effective implementation of his pet campaign against illegal drugs to fulfill his goal to achieve a narcotics-free nation, Malacañang said on Thursday, November 30. In a phone patch interview with Palace reporters, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said there would be an “adverse effect” if the government does not… link: Palace on realignment of drug war funds: There will be adverse effect.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsNov 30th, 2017

Top Catholic seminary hits killings in Duterte drug war

MANILA, Philippines – The Jesuit-run San Jose Seminary, a leading training ground of Filipino priests, criticized the "merciless ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 2nd, 2017

Critics slam Duterte& apos;s revolutionary government threat, Palace hits back - Philippine Star

Critics slam Duterte's revolutionary government threat, Palace hits back - Philippine Star.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsOct 17th, 2017

Critics slam Duterte's revolutionary government threat, Palace hits back - Philippine Star

Critics slam Duterte's revolutionary government threat, Palace hits back - Philippine Star.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsOct 15th, 2017

Critics slam Duterte s revolutionary government threat, Palace hits back

Critics slam Duterte s revolutionary government threat, Palace hits back.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 15th, 2017

Palace: Nation first in Marcos wealth talks

MANILA, Philippines — President Duterte will put the country’s interest first before entering into an agreement with the Marcoses over the reported offer by.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 1st, 2017

English Articles

Palace hits Human Rights Watch for saying first year of Duterte a.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manila_shimbunRelated NewsJun 29th, 2017