Advertisements


Duterte extends term of AFP Chief Guerrero

Duterte extends term of AFP Chief Guerrero.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource: pep pepDec 7th, 2017

Duterte extends Armed Forces Chief Guerrero’s service

WITH his compulsory retirement looming, Armed Forces Chief Rey Leonardo Guerrero’s term was extended by President Rodrigo Duterte, a Malacanang spokesman said on Thursday. “This is to announce that the Executive Secretary, by authority of the President, has signed yesterday, December 6, the extension of the service of Armed Forces of the Philippines Chief of [...] The post Duterte extends Armed Forces Chief Guerrero’s service appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsDec 7th, 2017

Duterte extends AFP chief Guerrero s term by 4 months

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte has extended the term of Armed Forces chief General Rey Leonardo Guerrero by 4 months. Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque announced on Thursday, December 7, that Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea, by authority of the President, signed Guerrero's extension of service on Wednesday, December 6. "AFP ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsDec 7th, 2017

Duterte extends term of new AFP chief Guerrero until April 2018

MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday extended the term of Armed Forces of the Philippines chief-of-staff Gen......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 7th, 2017

‘HE ENJOYS MY TRUST’ | Duterte again extends PNP chief Bato dela Rosa’s term

President Rodrigo Duterte again extended the term of Philippine National Police Director General Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsFeb 20th, 2018

Will Dela Rosa get another term extension?

With just two months before he steps down as Philippine National Police chief, the question everybody wants to ask Director General Ronald dela Rosa is what he would do if President Rodrigo Duterte again extends his term. Dela Rosa is already serving an extended term. He was supposed to retire ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsFeb 17th, 2018

AFP chief could be appointed to lead Marina next

PRESIDENT Rodrigo R. Duterte hinted on Monday, Jan. 22, that Armed Forces of the Philippines chief Rey Leonardo “Jagger” B. Guerrero, whose term ends in April, will be appointed next to head the Maritime Industry Authority (Marina). “Yang si Jagger, pagkatapos niyan (AFP), siya yung maghawak ng Marina na pinaalis ko kay sige travel,” Mr. […] The post AFP chief could be appointed to lead Marina next appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJan 22nd, 2018

Duterte extends De la Rosa’s term for another 3 months

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has extended the term of Philippine National Police Chief Ronald “Bato” de la Rosa for another three months, saying he still has a task for him to do. Duterte made the announcement in a press briefing on Wednesday. Earlier in the day, Malacanang said that de la Rosa would be appointed chief [...] The post Duterte extends De la Rosa’s term for another 3 months appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsDec 13th, 2017

AFP chief gets 4 more months

MANILA, Philippines — President Duterte has extended the term of Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) chief Gen. Rey Leonardo Guerrero by four months......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 8th, 2017

AFP chief’s term extended to April 2018

PRESIDENT Rodrigo R. Duterte has extended to another four months the term of Armed Forces of the Philippines Chief of Staff General Rey Leonardo B. Guerrero. “This is to announce that the Executive Secretary, by authority of the President, has signed yesterday, Dec. 6, the extension of the service of Armed Forces of the Philippines […] The post AFP chief’s term extended to April 2018 appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsDec 7th, 2017

TESDA To Create 50k New Tech-Voc Programs to Propel Economy

With national development as its main goal, the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) will create 50,000 new technical-vocational programs and targets to develop 50 percent of this before President Rodrigo Duterte’s term ends. TESDA chief, Secretary Guiling Mamondiong, disclosed this on Tuesday, as he spoke at the country’s hosting of the 4th High […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsSep 5th, 2018

De Castro vows independent Supreme Court

NEWLY-appointed Chief Justice Teresita Leonardo-de Castro yesterday vowed to maintain independence during her term of office which will end this October. In her first press conference, De Castro stressed that her recent appointment by President Duterte was based on merit. "I have no problem maintaining the independence of the judiciary.….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsAug 28th, 2018

Puno: Proposed federal charter expands meaning of human rights

To ease concerns about the disappearance of "human rights" from the Declaration of Principles and State Policies in the proposed federal Constitution, former Supreme Court Chief Justice Reynato Puno said the definition of the concept was actually expanded in the draft Charter.   Puno, chair of the consultative committee created by President Duterte to revise the 1987 Constitution, on Saturday said critics were merely "nitpicking" about the omission of the term.   "In our draft Constitution, we actually broadened the definition of human rights," he said in a symposium organized by Partido Federal ng Pilipinas. "These are far from the protections given by the 1987 Con...Keep on reading: Puno: Proposed federal charter expands meaning of human rights.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 22nd, 2018

Palace on 2022 reelection ban: Duterte has no other motives

The final copy of the draft federal Constitution that explicitly banned President Rodrigo Duterte from running again in 2022 should allay fears of a possible term extension for the chief executive. Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque issued this statement after Duterte's Consultative Committee (Con-com) included in the final draft of the proposed federal government that Duterte is prohibited from running again as President. READ: Duterte reelection banned in 2022 under draft federal Charter "We thank the Consultative Committee for accommodating the President's request to provide for an elected transition president," Roque said. "This should finally allay all fears that PRRD...Keep on reading: Palace on 2022 reelection ban: Duterte has no other motives.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 17th, 2018

‘Not a second longer’ for Duterte, says Palace in rejecting term extension

MALACANANG on Friday maintained that President Rodrigo Duterte will not go beyond his six-year term that ends in 2022 following reports that the Chief Executive can stay in power until 2030 under the proposed charter for the federal government. Palace spokesman Harry Roque Jr. reiterated that Duterte has no desire to extend his rule. “PRRD (President Rodrigo [...] The post ‘Not a second longer’ for Duterte, says Palace in rejecting term extension appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJul 6th, 2018

DoF chief bullish on 7% GDP growth

Finance Sec. Carlos Dominguez III has expressed confidence in the economy expanding by 7 percent or better over the medium term on the back of the government’s “mammoth investment” of up to P9 trillion for the rest of the Duterte presidency on its “Build, Build, Build” infrastructure program, which will….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJul 5th, 2018

Lorenzana: RP can buy choppers elsewhere

The government is ready to look for other sources of utility helicopters if Canada chooses not to proceed with the P11.7 billion sale of 16 brand new Bell 412s to the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said. Canadian papers have reported that the Canadian government has ordered a review of the deal amid concerns that the helicopters would be used in fighting rebels.Lorenzana, in a statement, stressed that the 16 brand new Bell412 combat utility helicopters would be used by the AFP to save lives.“Should the Canadian government choose to discontinue their sale of the aircraft to us, then we will procure them from another source,” said Lorenzana.The $233 million agreement was only signed last Wednesday.Immediately after, the Canadian government, through Trade Minister Francois Philippe Champagne reportedly ordered a review of the deal after learning that the helicopters would be used for internal security operations of the AFP.“When we saw that declaration ... we immediately launched a review with the relevant authorities. And we will obviously review the facts and take the right decision,” Champagne was quoted in the reports.But Lorenzana maintained that the helicopters would be used by the AFP “primarily for the transportation of personnel and supplies, ferrying wounded and injured soldiers, and the conduct of humanitarian assistance and disaster response (HADR) operations.” “They are not attack or close support aircraft. While they may be used in support of Internal Security Operations or ISO, their role is limited to those that I mentioned,” he said.“As its designation ‘combat utility helicopter or CUH’ connotes, the Bell CUH 412 is a utility helicopter and, contrary to what some parties mistakenly believe, its mission is to save lives,” Lorenzana added.The Bell 412EPI helicopters were supposed to be delivered early next year.Canada cites HR strings on dealChampagne also mentioned human rights as key element in Canada’s foreign and trade policy.It will be recalled that Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, during last November’s Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) Summit in Manila, raised questions on President Duterte’s war against illegal drugs which is being blamed for thousands of alleged extra judicial killings in the country.The Department of National Defense (DND), however, stressed that while it is the prerogative of the Canadian government to review the deal, human rights issue should not equate to the ISO of the AFP in general.“I think it is unfair to equate internal security operations in general with human rights violations first of all the alleged human rights violations are unverified there are still being investigated and have to be documented,” DND’s Public Affairs Service chief Arsenio Andolong said.“I think it’s premature to cast judgment on the armed forces in this regard so I think it would be to the best interests of both our countries to step back and reconsider what the Canadian government is thinking,” Andolong added.“If they don’t want to sell, well, we may consider the prospect of procuring them from other sources,” presidential spokesman Harry Roque said. Politicization raised“They must not politicize the acquisition,” said Major-General Restituto Padilla, the deputy chief of staff for plans and programmes of the Philippine armed forces.According to the Philippine defense department, the deal was signed with trade promotion outfit Canadian Commercial Corp last December, shortly after Trudeau clashed with Duterte during a Manila visit over alleged Philippine police murders of thousands of drug suspects.The Philippines employs attack helicopters and planes to support ground troops battling militants in the Muslim south, as well as against communist guerrillas in other parts of the mainly Catholic Asian nation.As well as in the drug war, the Philippine military has for years been saddled with allegations of human rights abuses in its counter-insurgency campaigns.“They are purely for utility purposes — ergo, transport purposes especially during HADR operations,” Padilla said, using a military term for disaster response.“We have separate and dedicated attack helicopters,” he added.Apart from armed insurgencies, the Philippines is also regularly battered by typhoons.“These will be used to transport personnel, supplies, humanitarian missions, ferrying of wounded and injured soldiers, and other forms of humanitarian assistance and disaster response,” Roque added.Bell Helicopter said the Philippine military would use the aircraft “for a variety of missions such as disaster relief, search and rescue, passenger transport and utility transport”. .....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 7th, 2018

Duterte will visit Pag-asa during his term

AFTER President Rodrigo Duterte failed to reach Philippine Rise, Malacañang vowed that the Chief Executive would go to Pag-asa Island within his term. Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque did not give any exact date for such a visit but said Mr. Duterte will go there to assert the country’s sovereignty in….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMay 18th, 2018

Despite broken visit promises, Duterte to go to Pag-asa Island before end of term, Roque says

President Rodrigo Duterte will visit Pag-asa Island before his term ends to show the country’s claim to the Kalayaan Group of Islands, the Palace said, despite the chief executive’s failure to make good on promises related to the nation’s territory......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 18th, 2018

‘Bato’, Guerrero assume new posts

President Rodrigo Duterte has formally appointed retired Philippine National Police chief Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa and former Armed Forces chief Rey Leonardo Guerrero to new government posts. Dela Rosa is the new director general of the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) while Guerrero will serve as administrator of the Maritime Industry….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2018

‘Bato’ now BuCor head, Guerrero leads Marina

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has formally appointed retired Philippine National Police chief Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa and former Armed Forces chief Rey Leonardo Guerrero to new government posts. Dela Rosa is the new director general of the Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) while Guerrero will serve as administrator of the Maritime Industry….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsMay 3rd, 2018