Advertisements


Duterte doesn& apos;t want NFA chief Jason Aquino speaking on rice supply - Rappler

Duterte doesn't want NFA chief Jason Aquino speaking on rice supply - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource: googlenews googlenewsMar 6th, 2018

Duterte doesn t want NFA chief Jason Aquino speaking on rice supply

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte wants only the National Food Authoriy (NFA) Council to make announcements about rice supply in the country. This was among the major decisions made during the Cabinet meeting on Monday, March 5, Malacañang announced on Tuesday, March 6. "The President said that, henceforth, all information ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMar 6th, 2018

NFA s Aquino diverted E. Visayas rice to Bulacan rice traders – memo to Duterte

MANILA, Philippines – In a confidential memorandum to President Rodrigo Duterte, Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr accused National Food Authority chief Jason Aquino of diverting NFA rice meant for typhoon-prone Eastern Visayas to select Bulacan rice traders. The memorandum obtained by Rappler was supposed to have been given to Duterte ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 16th, 2018

Duterte defends NFA chief Jason Aquino: & apos;I trust him& apos; - Rappler

Duterte defends NFA chief Jason Aquino: 'I trust him' - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsApr 7th, 2018

Palace wants National Food Authority Council to speak solely on rice

MANILA, Philippines — President Duterte has barred National Food Authority (NFA) administrator Jason Aquino from speaking about the Philippines’ rice supply,.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMar 7th, 2018

Rody OKs rice imports to augment NFA buffer

By Ted Tuvera and Angie M. Rosales President Duterte has allowed the National Food Authority (NFA) to import 250,000 metric tons of rice amid reports of a shortage in government stock of the staple grain.Inter-agency NFA Council chairman Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco said Mr. Duterte has allowed the importation aside from an expected shipment of 325,000 MT of rice in February.“We have no option but to follow the President to activate the 250,000 MT on standby that will be on top of the 325,000 MT that will arrive anytime this month,” Evasco said.It turns out, however, that Presidential spokesman Harry Roque missed the President’s instruction to Evasco.Talking to reporters at Palace briefing, Roque said there is no need to import rice yet. “The point is, there’s already rice on its way, no need to authorize the standby order of 250,000 MT because there’s more than enough rice on its way to beef up the NFA stock,” Roque said. Claiming that there is no rice shortage, NFA administrator Jason Aquino said he plans to import rice to replenish the buffer stock.Notably, Evasco and Aquino had been at odds with each other on what mode of rice importation should be done.Evasco cited elements inside the NFA that manipulate importation processes to make money from it.Roque said that Evasco has nonetheless the trust of Mr. Duterte.“If he [Evasco] sees that there are rumblings because somebody wants to make money, so be it, but I’m happy that Secretary Evasco is on top of the situation,” Roque said. “He enjoys full trust and confidence of the President, that’s why until now the President has not commented on this issue because he trusts that Secretary Evasco will do what is best,” he added.Binay: ‘Get your acts together’Sen. Nancy Binay, however, urged agriculture officials to get their acts together on the reported shortage in rice supply of the NFA.Binay took note of the conflicting claims of NFA and Department of Agriculture (DA) officials on the status of NFA rice supply in the market.“My call is for them to hopefully talk. They should stop talking behind the back or blaming each other. It’s high time that they talk and settle the forecasting on the country’s rice stock,” she said.“I hope that DA (Department of Agriculture) Secretary (Manny) Piñol, the NFA Council, and the NFA leadership would sit down and discuss this matter. They should give priority to the need of the nation more than the internal issues among the different agencies,” Binay said.NFA spokesman Rebecca Olarte, last week, said that NFA-accredited rice retailers will not be able to sell NFA rice for the time being and confirmed that it has decided to temporarily discontinue issuing NFA rice to accredited retailers due to low supply.Piñol and Evasco belied the rice shortage, insisting that there is no shortfall on the rice supply in the country and they even said that there are enough stocks for consumption for the next 96 days.“My only concern is that we do not need to reach the stage when the poor can’t buy NFA rice. I guess it is a wakeup call for everybody,” said Binay.The senator herself attested the apparent lack in supply of NFA rice as she tried to purchase some for distribution as relief goods and was told that the price increased from P1,400 to P1,600 per sack.Binay supported the move taken by Sen. Cynthia Villar in conducting an investigation on whether there’s “artificial” rice supply shortage to effect an increase in the price of NFA rice in the market.Meanwhile, the government is expecting palay or paddy rice harvest of 3 million metric tons in the first quarter, which will augment the 2.8 million metric ton surplus from 2017, Agriculture Secretary Emanuel Piñol told DZMM.Piñol said there was no shortage in subsidized rice sold by the NFA, adding raising prices due to an alleged lack in supply amounted to “daylight robbery. Jason Faustino.....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 7th, 2018

NFA& apos;s Aquino diverted E. Visayas rice to Bulacan rice traders – memo to Duterte - Rappler

NFA's Aquino diverted E. Visayas rice to Bulacan rice traders – memo to Duterte - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsApr 16th, 2018

Sereno to go on leave, Roque UN special rapporteur, Senate on Jason Aquino | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: A Rappler source confirms Supreme Court Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno will go on leave earlier than scheduled.  Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque  says he will recommend to President Rodrigo Duterte a United Nations special rapporteur who can be allowed to probe the killings in the administration's war on drugs.  Senators and the National Food Authority Council ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsFeb 27th, 2018

NFA supply seen to last by May

    The state-run grains agency's rice supply is bound to be consumed by May, according to its administrator. National Food Authority (NFA) chief Jason Aquino said during the House Committee on Food and Agriculture's hearing on the rice shortage, that the agency's rice supply is on the brink of being used upin three months. "By May, wala ng bigas ang NFA, at darating ang shipment by June," Aquino said as he showed data on the status of NFA's rice supply. The NFA policymaking council recently approved the agency's request for additional rice import of 250,000 metric tons of rice, which is expected to arrive by June. This means no subsidized rice would be av...Keep on reading: NFA supply seen to last by May.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 20th, 2018

Lacson also files complaint vs NFA's Jason Aquino over rice smuggling - Rappler

Lacson also files complaint vs NFA's Jason Aquino over rice smuggling - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 28th, 2017

Suarez remains minority leader, Duterte on Uson, Kris Aquino | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: The House majority bloc retains Quezon Representative Danilo Suarez as minority leader. President Duterte does not think much about the controversy sparked by the lewd federalism jingle posted by Communications Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson. Government rice imports in June fail to bring down rice prices. A ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsAug 7th, 2018

Rice shortage, fake news, PH weather | Midday wRap

Today on Rappler: President Rodrigo Duterte said he took away a Cabinet member's powers because he was "too short-sighted" on the issue of rice supply and was engaged in a "turf war" with other officials. More than 4 out of 10 adult Filipinos use the internet, and a big majority of them see fake news as a serious issue , ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 14th, 2018

PDEA on drug list, Duterte signs contractualization EO, Mueller on Trump | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Chief Aaron Aquino says they will apologize if their newly released drug list turns out to have errors.  President Rodrigo Duterte on Labor Day signs an executive order banning illegal contracting and sub-contracting.  Australian nun Patricia Fox vows to return to the Philippines.  The Land Transportation Office in Western Visayas wants to immediately remove some 1,800 unregistered ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 1st, 2018

Evasco out as head of NFA Council

Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr. is out of the National Food Authority (NFA) Council, following a row with NFA Administrator Jason Aquino over rice importation. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said on Tuesday that Evasco would no longer head the NFA Council because President Rodrigo Duterte decided on Monday night to put the NFA under the Department of Agriculture, along with the Philippine Coconut Authority and the Fertilizer and Pesticide Authority. Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel Piol is expected to head the new NFA Council. The council, the policymaking body of the NFA, will also no longer include the Development Bank of the Philippines, which will be replaced b...Keep on reading: Evasco out as head of NFA Council.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 18th, 2018

House minority leader urges NFA chief Jason Aquino to resign

MANILA, Philippines – House Minority Leader Danilo Suarez said on Tuesday, April 10, that National Food Authority chief Jason Aquino should resign and not wait for President Rodrigo Duterte to sack him, amid allegations of corruption and mismanagement at the NFA under his watch. Quezon 3rd District Representative ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 10th, 2018

Duterte defends NFA chief Jason Aquino: ‘I trust him’

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte said on Friday night, April 6, that he trusts National Food Authority chief ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 7th, 2018

Anti-political dynasty bill, Quo warranto petition vs Sereno, Evasco on rice importation | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: Thirteen of 23 senators sign the committee report approving the bill seeking to ban political dynasties.  Makabayan bloc lawmakers and other individuals separately ask the Supreme Court to junk the quo warranto petition against Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno.  Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco says President Rodrigo Duterte ordered the National Food Authority Council to begin ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMar 22nd, 2018

Senators to National Food Authority chief: Resign

MANILA, Philippines — Senators yesterday urged National Food Authority (NFA) chief Jason Aquino to resign over his failure to ensure enough affordable rice f.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2018

ICC on Duterte, Poe slams Roque, Malacanang on rice supply | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: The International Criminal Court is moving on the complaint filed against President Rodrigo Duterte for thousands of killings during his bloody war on drugs.  Senator Grace Poe slams Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque for saying the Philippines will someday thank China for its artificial islands in the West Philippine Sea.  ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsFeb 8th, 2018

Tropical storm Urduja, Guerrero on martial law, Syjuco on Aquino | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: Tropical storm Urduja remains in its place and continues to threaten the Eastern Visayas area.  Armed Forces chief Rey Guerrero  offers no public assurance that martial law will not be expanded nationwide.  Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque says the pre-debut photo shoot of presidential granddaughter Isabelle Duterte in Malacañang is a non-issue.  ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsDec 15th, 2017

Aguirre orders DAP probe, Sison on Duterte, Abella at DFA | Midday wRap

Today on Rappler: Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre signs two Department Orders authorizing a probe into the Disbursement Acceleration Program and a malversation complaint filed against former president Benigno Aquino.  National Democratic Front chief political consultant Jose Maria Sison calls President Rodrigo Duterte 'the Number 1 terrorist in the Philippines.'  President Rodrigo Duterte designates former presidential spokesperson Ernesto ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 24th, 2017