Advertisements


Duterte asks for one more year to solve drug problem

Duterte asks for one more year to solve drug problem.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource: pep pepDec 7th, 2017

Are we getting anywhere with a tough talking president?

By BENJIE OLIVEROS Bulatlat perspective During his presidential campaign, Rodrigo Duterte vowed that if he becomes president, he would solve the illegal drug problem in six months, adding that the drug war would be bloody. He also promised to stamp out corruption. Well, barely after a year in office, in August 2017, President Duterte conceded… The post Are we getting anywhere with a tough talking president? appeared first on Bulatlat......»»

Category: newsSource:  bulatlatRelated NewsFeb 23rd, 2018

Duterte asks Abu Sayyaf to have a dialogue with him

Updated 7 p.m. President Rodrigo Duterte has invited the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) to have a dialogue with him so that they could solve the problem of Muslims fighting in Mindanao. Duterte said that members of the ASG should just wait for peace and order to settle in Mindanao consdering that the Bangsamoro Organic Law (BOL) had already been signed. "Bigyan lang natin ng panahon. Huwag tayong mag-giyera," Duterte said in a speech in Jolo, Sulu on Friday. [Let's just give it time. Let's stop making war.] The President visited Jolo to lead the distribution of relief goods to at least 5,000 families or around 30,000 individuals who were left homeless after a fire broke out last Tuesd...Keep on reading: Duterte asks Abu Sayyaf to have a dialogue with him.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 28th, 2018

How many more Filipinos will suffer under Duterte? De Lima asks

Published: 5:05 p.m., March 31, 2018 | Updated: 7:39 p.m., March 31, 2018 "How many more lives are going to be cut short? How many more Filipino families are going to suffer?" This was the question Sen. Leila de Lima posed before the 61st Session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs in Vienna. In a message read on her behalf during the forum, De Lima said Duterte has "failed to see the country's drug problem as a public health issue which needs an entirely different set of approaches." "How far will my country regress in the name of Duterte's war on drugs? Until when do we reach the tipping point and say, as a collective people, enough is enough?" the senator asked, a statemen...Keep on reading: How many more Filipinos will suffer under Duterte? De Lima asks.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 31st, 2018

Duterte laments tough war on drugs

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte said that his promise to solve the drug problem resulted in a “fiasco.” In a speech during the 45th anniversary celebration of the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), Duterte said “drugs still abound” and “corruption remains.” “Now, I would tell you that I—there was this promise….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsFeb 7th, 2018

One more year to end drug war

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte appealed to the public to give him another year to finish the country’s drug problem. “Basta ang sabi ko sa droga … I hope to finish the problem, give me just another year. Babalik ang pulis,” Duterte said in a speech before the mass oath-taking of newly-appointed… Source link link: One more year to end drug war.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsDec 7th, 2017

Maybe just another year : Duterte imposes new deadline in solving drug problem

MANILA, Philippines — Just give him another year and he’ll be able to curb the country’s drug problem. Source link link: 'Maybe just another year': Duterte imposes new deadline in solving drug problem.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsDec 7th, 2017

One more year to end drug war

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte appealed to the public to give him another year to finish the country’s drug problem. “Basta ang sabi ko sa droga … I hope to finish the problem, give me just another year. Babalik ang pulis,” Duterte said in a speech before the mass oath-taking of newly-appointed….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsDec 6th, 2017

Maybe just another year : Duterte imposes new deadline in solving drug problem

MANILA, Philippines — Just give him another year and he’ll be able to curb the country’s drug problem......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 6th, 2017

Shadowy group calls for Duterte’s ouster

MANILA – A shadowy group called Patriotic and Democratic Movement or PADEM, composed of disgruntled military and police officers and members, has called for the ouster of President Rodrigo Duterte and cited 10 reasons for its action. It accused Duterte of treating the military and police as his private armies and for betraying and violating public trust. It also urged Filipinos to join PADEM in condemning and fighting Duterte and his administration and to stage mass actions and demand the President’s ouster. In a manifesto, Antonio Bonifacio, who claimed to be PADEM’s spokesman, called on members of the military and police to also join the people in demanding Duterte’s resignation and also his administration. It said the group is working for the withdrawal military and police support for Duterte.  “We urge all Filipinos as individuals and as groups in whatever social sector, field, institution or organization to exercise their right of assembly and expression to undertake mass actions demanding the ouster of Duterte and his administration. We call on our fellow officers and members of the AFP and the PNP to join the people in demanding the resignation or ouster of Duterte and his administration.” “We pledge to work for the withdrawal of military and police support for Duterte and his administration in conjunction with mass mobilization of the Filipino people in millions to manifest their demand for the resignation or ouster of Duterte and his administration. Upon the change of administration, we pledge to follow the principle of civilian supremacy and support a new civilian administration, in accordance with the 1987 Constitution and the rule of law,” the manifesto, released by Bonifacio &'' believed to be a nom de guerre – said. PADEM also condemned and holds accountable for gross crimes in betrayal of public trust and in violation of national sovereignty and democratic rights of the Filipino people. It cited the following reasons as alleged crimes of Duterte:   Treating the AFP and the PNP as these were his private armies and practising favoritism and violating professional and service standards in the promotion and assignment of officers; Corrupting the PNP and the AFP with a system of monetary awards for the extrajudicial killing of alleged illegal drug users and of NPA suspects; Condoning and protecting top-level illegal drug lords; Emboldening/inciting police officers to engage in extrajudicial killings of poor suspected illegal drug users and pushers by publicly telling officers to plant evidence and by guaranteeing their pardon and promotion in case of conviction; Aggravating corruption in government and criminality through the collusion of Duterte trustees and crime syndicates; Allowing China to occupy maritime features in the West Philippine Sea and to violate Philippine sovereign rights upheld by decision of the Arbitral Tribunal in accordance with the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea; Bungling the operations in Marawi City and indiscriminately destroying lives and property through aerial bombings, artillery and mortar; Favoring certain Chinese businessmen and Duterte relatives and cronies in the award of projected infrastructure projects using loans from China; Betraying the sovereign rights of the Filipino people by making the Philippines a debt vassal of China and offering to China the oil and gas resources under the West Philippine Sea as collateral for Chinese loans; and Seeking to replace the partnership with the United States in matters of national security with an even more lopsided relationship with China and Russia.  Television network GMA reported that the military has reiterated its support for the administration of Duterte and strongly denied PADEM’s allegations. Military spokesman Brigadier General Restituto Padilla said the entire Armed Forces of the Philippines, along with all the men and women of the uniformed services and all their civilian personnel, stand by the government and support Duterte, their commander-in-chief. Padilla said the accusations and issues cited by the group are unfounded and uncalled for. “Such issues are clearly politically motivated and a matter that the AFP does not and will not subscribe to,” GMA quoted him as saying, adding, they are the constitutionally mandated protectors of the people and will stand by law-abiding citizens whenever and wherever they are needed. “Having affirmed this, the AFP, however, will not hesitate in acting against forces who shall undermine the stability and security of our country and those who wish to destabilize our nation thru unconstitutional means,” he said. Communist rebels had previously said that the Central Intelligence Agency is plotting to oust Duterte alongside the plan to assassinate Jose Maria Sison, founder of the Communist Party of the Philippines. Sison, in a statement he issued in May, said those who continue to support him assert that performance in a year is not enough basis for a final judgment and that there is more than enough time ahead for him to accomplish promises that have most impressed them, such as the eradication of the drug problem, criminality, and corruption. He said Duterte has, in fact, pleaded that he needs three or four more years to bring about the significant changes that he previously thought would be done in six months’ time. His promised campaign against the pork barrel and other forms of corruption of the Aquino regime has not yet materialized. “Where he has been most successful at, projecting himself as a strong leader by calling on the police and the public to kill drug addict-pushers, he has attracted the most severe and sustained condemnation by institutions, the [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsAug 23rd, 2017

De Lima urges President Duterte to ‘find another way’ to solve the drug problem

Former Justice Secretary and now Senator Leila de Lima urged President Duterte to find another way to solve the nation’s drug problem during her privilege speech at the Senate on Tuesday......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsAug 2nd, 2016

Philippines says UN rights council seat vindicates Duterte’s drug war

Granting the Philippines a fresh three-year term on the UN Human Rights Council has vindicated President Rodrigo Duterte’s crackdown on drugs and shown his detractors to be “morally corrupt”, senior officials said on Saturday. Human rights activists say Duterte’s “war” on drugs after taking office in June 2016 since when the police have killed more than 4,800 […] The post Philippines says UN rights council seat vindicates Duterte’s drug war appeared first on Interaksyon......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsOct 15th, 2018

TO THE POINT: Did He Admit or Not?

GENERAL SANTOS CITY (MindaNews / 5 Oct) – President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, speaking to newly-appointed career officials in Malacañang last September 27, made a statement in Tagalog which his critics gleefully interpreted as an admission of his responsibility for the extra judicial killings in his two-year anti-drug war. Frantic denials and clarifications from his top […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsOct 5th, 2018

TO THE POINT: Did He Admit or Not?

GENERAL SANTOS CITY (MindaNews / 05 October) – President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, speaking to newly-appointed career officials in Malacañang last September 27, made a statement in Tagalog which his critics gleefully interpreted as an admission of his responsibility for the extra judicial killings in his two-year anti-drug war. Frantic denials and clarifications from his top […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsOct 5th, 2018

Davao’s P3.64-B bus system to start next year yet

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/ 02 Oct) – The plan of the city government to implement its P3.64-billion High Priority Bus System (HPBS) that is seen to solve traffic woes will have to wait until next year, City Mayor Sara Duterte said Tuesday. Duterte said during her 2nd State of the City Address (SOCA) at the City […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsOct 2nd, 2018

Duterte needs emergency powers to solve traffic woes – Ejercito

Senator Joseph Victor Ejercito said he believes that President Duterte should be granted emergency powers to solve the country’s traffic problem. Duterte needs emergency powers to solve traffic woes – Ejercito Senator Joseph Victor Ejercito said he believes that President Duterte should be granted emergency powers to solve the country’s traffic problem. Source link: Duterte needs emergency powers to solve traffic woes – Ejercito.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsSep 20th, 2018

Paolo Duterte files another libel suit vs Trillanes for drug smuggling tag

Published @ 5:26 p.m., Sept. 19, 2018 | Updated @ 11:17 p.m., Sept. 19, 2018 DAVAO CITY --- President Rodrigo Duterte's son Paolo on Wednesday sued Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV for libel anew, this time for linking him to the smuggling of P6.4 billion worth of "shabu" (crystal meth) from China in May last year. In his new complaint filed with the City Prosecutors' Office, the younger Duterte said Trillanes described him and his father as "illegal drug smugglers." Worse, he added, the senator also "defamed and labeled" the Dutertes as "principal actors" in the drug trade in Davao City. "Evidently, it was intended to malign, destroy and kill my good name and reputation, locall...Keep on reading: Paolo Duterte files another libel suit vs Trillanes for drug smuggling tag.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 19th, 2018

LP senators to Duterte: Focus on addressing inflation and rice woes

Liberal Party (LP) senators on Tuesday denounced President Rodrigo Duterte's latest public address, saying it should focus on solving the country's problems such as the hike in prices of basic commodities and the rice crisis. Duterte discussed issues on the rumored destabilization plot, the drug war, and the revocation of Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV's amnesty during a tte--tte with Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo at Malacaang. LIVE: Duterte's tte--tte with Panelo on country's gut issues Sen. Risa Hontiveros dubbed the speech as "waste of time and precious government resources" and said Duterte should tackle "concrete measures" to solve the country's inflation and ...Keep on reading: LP senators to Duterte: Focus on addressing inflation and rice woes.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 11th, 2018

Lacson on drug war: Time to go for the big fish

WITH THE six-year Duterte administration on its way to the halfway mark, Senator Panfilo M. Lacson pressed officials of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) and the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) to now go after the “big fish“ in the illegal drug trade. The post Lacson on drug war: Time to go for the big fish appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsSep 5th, 2018

Duterte in word war with Osmeña over Cebu’s problem with drugs, criminality

Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmea has found himself at the receiving end of President Rodrigo Duterte's latest tirade. In his sixth and latest visit to Cebu to grace the 49th Mandaue City Charter Day Celebration on Thursday, the President criticized the mayor and called him "hubris" or someone with exaggerated self-pride. The rift started when Osmea allegedly accused the President as a drug protector and reportedly asked him not to dip his hands in Cebu City's affairs and efforts in the war against illegal drugs. "Hoy Tomas! Dili na ni panahon sa Katsila ha, kanang style nimo nga mura ka'g si kinsa. Taas kaayo ka manulti. Ingon pa ka nga ako protector ng shabu," the President said...Keep on reading: Duterte in word war with Osmeña over Cebu’s problem with drugs, criminality.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 30th, 2018

Drug problem fuels Tomas-Eddiegul rift

TALISAY City is “worst” when it comes to the illegal drug problem, Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña said, and Talisay Mayor Eduardo Gullas is partly to blame. Osmeña described Gullas as a “lousy” mayor a day after President Rodrigo Duterte singled out Talisay for its illegal drug activities. “Talisay City is worst, it’s really bad,”… link: Drug problem fuels Tomas-Eddiegul rift.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2018