Advertisements


Duterte apologizes for 2010 hostage crisis

Duterte apologizes for 2010 hostage crisis.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource: pep pepApr 13th, 2018

Duterte apologizes for 2010 hostage crisis

Duterte apologizes for 2010 hostage crisis.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsApr 13th, 2018

Duterte apologizes to Hong Kong for 2010 hostage crisis

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte apologized for the 2010 hostage-taking that killed 8 Hong Kong tourists, during an event in Hong Kong on Thursday, April 12. "May I address myself to the Chinese people who are here. From the bottom of my heart, as the President ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 12th, 2018

Duterte apologizes to Hong Kong for 2010 Manila hostage crisis

By Arjay L. Balinbin PRESIDENT Rodrigo R. Duterte on Thursday, April 12, “formally” apologized to the government of Hong Kong for the Aug. 23, 2010 hostage crisis in Manila that led to eight Hong Kong tourists killed, early on the watch of then president Benigno S.C. Aquino III. “The Chinese government and the people of […] The post Duterte apologizes to Hong Kong for 2010 Manila hostage crisis appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsApr 12th, 2018

Pres. Duterte, nag-sorry kaugnay ng Manila hostage crisis noong 2010 – Manila Video

Pres. Duterte, nag-sorry kaugnay ng Manila hostage crisis noong 2010 – Manila Video.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsApr 13th, 2018

Duterte on Sereno, Duterte apologizes to Hong Kong, Comey’s book | Midday wRap

Today on Rappler: President Rodrigo Duterte says he only wants Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno out of the Supreme Court but not in jail.  President Rodrigo Duterte apologizes for the 2010 hostage-taking that killed 8 Hong Kong tourists, during an event in Hong Kong Thursday.  Former FBI director James Comey , in his new book, ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsApr 13th, 2018

Duterte apologizes to Hong Kong for Manila hostage crisis

President Duterte yesterday apologized to the Chinese for the Manila hostage crisis almost eight years after the incident that left eight mostly Hong Kong tourists dead......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 12th, 2018

Duterte forms task force to resolve Libya hostage crisis

President Duterte has heeded the advice of his Cabinet team to form a task force to coordinate with the Libyan government all efforts to rescue the three Filipino engineers kidnapped last month......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 8th, 2018

Duterte apologizes to Suu Kyi for “genocide” remark

PRESIDENT Rodrigo R. Duterte on Friday apologized to Burmese State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi for describing the Rohingya crisis in Myanmar as a real “genocide.” “I will apologize to you but if you have noticed, my statement was almost a satire,” the President said during a press briefing at the Davao International Airport upon […] The post Duterte apologizes to Suu Kyi for “genocide” remark appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsApr 13th, 2018

Duterte apologizes to Suu Kyi for Myanmar ‘genocide’ comment

President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday apologized to Myanmar State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi for calling the Rohingya crisis a “genocide.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsApr 13th, 2018
Category: newsSource:  manila_shimbunRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2017

Duterte apologizes for death of German hostage: 'We failed'

Duterte apologizes for death of German hostage: 'We failed'.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2017

Duterte apologizes for death of German hostage: 'We failed' - Rappler

Duterte apologizes for death of German hostage: 'We failed' - Rappler.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2017

Duterte admits to personally killing during 1989 Davao hostage crisis

Duterte admits to personally killing during 1989 Davao hostage crisis.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsDec 16th, 2016

Philippines Catriona Gray is Miss Universe 2018 | Midday wRap

Today on Rappler: Miss Philippines Catriona Gray is crowned Miss Universe 2018. Malacañang denies President Rodrigo Duterte ordered Catholic Church leaders and priests to leave during the turnover of the Balangiga Bells. Facebook apologizes for a bug that exposed unposted photos for some 6.8 million users through third-party applications. {module 3998}.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated News1 hr. 16 min. ago

Duterte jokes: I should have used Villar’s ‘Sipag at Tiyaga’ instead of ‘DDS’

MANILA, Philippines ---President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday said he should have used former senator Manny Villar's famous slogan "Sipag at Tiyaga" instead of "DDS" during the 2016 presidential elections. "His (Villar) sipag at tiyaga--- dapat ito sana ang ginamit ko sipag at tiyaga--- nagkamali kasi ang mga PR (public relations team) ko, DDS, Davao Death Squad," Duterte said in jest in his speech at the birthday celebration of the former Senate President in Las Pias City. (I should have used his 'Sipag at Tiyaga.' My PR team made a mistake--- DDS, Davao Death Squad) Villar ran for President in 2010 with the campaign battle cry "Sipag at Tiyaga." He was beaten by Duterte's prede...Keep on reading: Duterte jokes: I should have used Villar’s ‘Sipag at Tiyaga’ instead of ‘DDS’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 13th, 2018

House wants Duterte to fire Diokno from DBM | Midday wRap

Today on Rappler: The House of Representatives adopts a resolution urging President Rodrigo Duterte to fire Budget Secretary Benjamin Diokno. US President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen apologizes for covering up the "dirty deeds" of his ex-boss as he was sentenced to 3 years for multiple crimes including hush money payments ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsDec 13th, 2018

Man City faces repercussions for misleading UEFA on finances

By Rob Harris, Associated Press LONDON (AP) — European soccer's leadership has an initial conclusion on leaked Manchester City correspondence: The club has been misleading UEFA over its finances. With the power to ban clubs from the Champions League, the consequences from UEFA could be severe for the Premier League champions. UEFA discovered from reading internal emails from City, which were published by German media outlet Der Spiegel last month, the extent of schemes by the club to allegedly cover up the true source of income in a bid to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations, a person with direct knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the situation publicly while UEFA conducts a review of the City case. City has been transformed into an English soccer power in the decade since being bought by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, a deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates and a member of Abu Dhabi's royal family, winning the Premier League three times since 2012. But unfettered spending on players has been restricted by European soccer's governing body — regardless of the owners' wealth. City has already been punished by UEFA for violating FFP, striking an agreement in 2014 that saw the team fined rather than banned from the Champions League for inflated sponsorship deals with companies linked to the club or its ownership. UEFA publicly said last month that evidence from "Football Leaks" could lead to past cases being re-opened. The person with knowledge of the situation said it was more feasible to use the leaks to re-assess the candor of club executives and as a basis to judge City's compliance with FFP in the current three-year assessment period. That covers 2015 when Der Spiegel said emails were being sent internally at City showing the manipulation of sponsorship revue from Etihad Airways, the state-owned airline from Abu Dhabi, which is the naming rights sponsor of City's stadium and training campus as well as appearing on jerseys. The sponsorship was said to generate 67.5 million pounds (about $85 million) annually for City. But City's holding company — the state-backed Abu Dhabi United Group — channeled 59.9 million pounds back to Etihad, according to Jorge Chumillas, the club's chief financial officer, in an internal email to club director Simon Pearce. City has not disputed the authenticity of any emails published by Der Spiegel over the last month. Given the fresh insight into City's financial dealings, UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin has said there was a "public interest" in the correspondence being leaked, while questioning how it was obtained. "We are assessing the situation. We have an independent body working on it," Ceferin said Monday. "Very soon you will have the answers on what will happen in this concrete case." FFP was the flagship policy of Michel Platini, Ceferin's predecessor as UEFA president, and introduced at the height of the global financial crisis in attempt to prevent clubs from becoming unsustainable. Since July 2011, UEFA has monitored the accounts of all clubs entering its two club competitions. The first period UEFA assessed clubs for compliance with FFP was 2011-13, when owners were allowed to cover losses up to 45 million euros. The leaks showed how City allegedly tried to artificially raise its revenue, in one case by 30 million euros, according to emails from 2013 reported by Der Spiegel. Abu Dhabi United Group was alleged to be sending cash to a shell vehicle which was created to supposedly buy the right to use players' images in marketing campaigns. There were further examples that Sheikh Mansour could have been the source of sponsorship revenue for Abu Dhabi state-owned companies like investment firm Aabar. Der Spiegel cited a 2010 email to Aabar from Pearce, the City director who also works for Abu Dhabi's Executive Affairs Authority. "As we discussed, the annual direct obligation for Aabar is GBP 3 million," Pearce wrote. "The remaining 12 million GBP requirement will come from alternative sources provided by His Highness." Seeing internal City correspondence has given UEFA a greater insight into the conduct of the club and its officials. A 2014 email from City lawyer Simon Cliff to a colleague showed the death of UEFA's lead FFP investigator being celebrated: "1 down, 6 to go." UEFA is examining whether to open disciplinary cases against individuals at City involved in attempts to provide a misrepresentation of club finances to the governing body's FFP accessors, another person with direct knowledge of the situation said. The person, who did not identify any individuals, spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the City case. A challenge for UEFA is getting City to provide information from related companies in Abu Dhabi that the leaks show are central to compliance with FFP. City has repeatedly declined to respond to the specific allegations in the leaks, dismissing a month of negative headlines by saying: "The attempt to damage the club's reputation is organized and clear." But City has had no such qualms using its website to cast aspersions on the reputations of other clubs over their ability to comply with FFP. City has used the media watch section on its website to cite unsubstantiated news reports, including a claim in 2016 that "Inter Milan are looking to circumnavigate FFP" and speculation this year that if Paris Saint-Germain "are found to have broken FFP regulations they face being booted out of the Champions League." Those pages were deleted from its website after City was approached for comment by the AP......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsDec 5th, 2018

Pangilinan to Duterte: Focus on rice crisis, not on critics - INQUIRER.net

Pangilinan to Duterte: Focus on rice crisis, not on critics - INQUIRER.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsSep 28th, 2018

Go, Duterte grace ADAS 2018

SPECIAL Assistant to the President Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go joined President Rodrigo Roa Duterte in the opening ceremony of Asian Defense, Security and Crisis Management Exhibition and Conference (ADAS) at the World Trade Center on Thursday. ADAS is a three-day biennial defense exhibition organized by APAC Expo Pte. Ltd., which showcases product presentations and demonstrations […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsSep 28th, 2018

Pangilinan to Duterte: Focus on rice crisis, not on critics

    Senator Francis "Kiko" Pangilinan on Friday said President Rodrigo Duterte should focus on solving the country's rice crisis and the high prices of goods instead of attacking his critics.   "Instead of attacking those who disagree with his policies he should just focus on solving the nationwide rice crisis, bringing down the high prices of basic commodities, and creating jobs and better pay for our people who are now struggling desperately to make ends meet," Pangilinan said in a statement.   Pangilinan made the statement after the President slammed him for authoring RepublicAct9344 or the Juvenile Justice WelfareActof 2006, which according t...Keep on reading: Pangilinan to Duterte: Focus on rice crisis, not on critics.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 28th, 2018