Advertisements


Chinese military aircraft’s landing in Davao City cleared by PH authorities

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews / 10 June) — Palace officials on Sunday said the landing of a Chinese military aircraft at the Davao City International Airport on June 8  was only for refueling purposes and was cleared by Philippine authorities. First to issue a statement at 2:20 p.m. was Special Assistant to the President Christopher Lawrence […].....»»

Category: newsSource: mindanews mindanewsJun 10th, 2018

‘Government cleared Chinese military plane landing’

The refueling of a Chinese military aircraft in Davao City last week was cleared by the Philippine government following coordination with aviation authorities, Malacañang announced yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 10th, 2018

‘Government cleared Chinese military plane landing’

The refueling of a Chinese military aircraft in Davao City last week was cleared by the Philippine government following coordination with aviation authorities, Malacañang announced yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 10th, 2018

Cayetano on landing of China plane: Nothing fishy about it

Foreign Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano on Friday said a Chinese military plane was given diplomatic clearance to land at an airport in Davao City after the military authorized it, contradicting an earlier statement by military officials that it was the other way around.   "It's nothing irregular. There's nothing fishy about it. It is something that countries do," Cayetano said in an interview with CNN Philippines.   In fact, he said the Philippines had extended the same accommodation to 243 US and 33 South Korean military aircraft.   Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said he learned of the presence of the Chinese military plane belatedly.---MARLON RAMOS ...Keep on reading: Cayetano on landing of China plane: Nothing fishy about it.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 16th, 2018

Lacson questions landing of China plane in PH: We might wake up a colony

MANILA, Philippines – Senator Panfilo Lacson questioned the landing of a Chinese military aircraft in Davao City, saying that the Philippines might eventually wake up a colony of the Asian giant. Lacson said there are "strict internationally accepted standard protocols that must be followed before a state aircraft – more so a foreign military plane ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 11th, 2018

Nothing unusual with landing of Chinese military plane in Davao — Lorenzana

Echoing Malacañang's pronouncements, Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said there was "nothing unusual" with the landing of a Chinese military aircraft in Davao City......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 11th, 2018

Chinese plane landing in Davao confirmed

The plane was spotted at the Davao City Airport on Friday, June 8, according to viral social media posts. The aircraft was identified as People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) military transport plane IL-76. "There are reports from social media showing a Chinese government plane landing in the Philippines. The….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJun 10th, 2018

China military plane causes stir

DAVAO CITY --- Authorities quickly dismissed concerns over the landing of a Chinese military plane at Davao International Airport here on Friday, saying it was no cause for alarm that should add to worries over what government critics had said was creeping Chinese invasion taking place in Philippine seas. "It only refueled," said Lt. Col. Jose Ritchie Pabilonia, commander of the Philippine Air Force's (PAF) Tactical Operations Group in Southern Mindanao. Pabilonia said the PAF had allowed the plane to land because "it had a diplomatic clearance." In a statement, Special Assistant to the President Christopher "Bong" Go said the request for landing and refueling of the Ilyushi...Keep on reading: China military plane causes stir.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 10th, 2018

Bong Go confirms China government plane landed in Philippines

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Special Assistant to the President Bong Go confirmed on Sunday, June 10, that a Chinese government plane recently landed in the Philippines, as he said the aircraft was cleared for landing.  The plane was spotted at the Davao City Airport on Friday, June 8, according to viral ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 10th, 2018

China invading PH? Nonsense, says envoy

KAWIT, Cavite --- Chinese Ambassador Zhao Jianhua dismissed on Tuesday as "nonsense" talk spreading about China invading the Philippines that spread when a Chinese military plane landed in Davao City. "I'm really puzzled and even surprised that some of the people here [are] taking the landing of Chinese military jets as a kind of military threat to the Philippines," Zhao told reporters. He also said some people said the landing of the Chinese plane in Davao City indicated that this might be the "beginning of our invasion." "Please allow me to be blunt, it's nonsense. We have never thought of going to war with our good neighbor, our good friend that is the Philippines," he said. ...Keep on reading: China invading PH? Nonsense, says envoy.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJun 12th, 2018

Chinese Plane Only Made Refueling Stop in PH: SAP Go

The Chinese military aircraft, which landed in the Philippines, only made a refueling stop, Special Assistant to the President Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go clarified Sunday. “The request for landing was received, processed and cleared by relevant Philippine Government agencies,” Go said in a statement Sunday. The presidential top aide made this reaction after photos of […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsJun 11th, 2018

One last time: Golez casts doubt on Chinese military plane in Davao

Roilo Golez, former national security adviser and Parañaque representative, raised several questions on a Chinese military transport aircraft that landed in Davao City last week......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 11th, 2018

China plane only refueling in Davao? Obvious lie – Trillanes

MANILA, Philippines – Opposition senator Antonio Trillanes IV accused Special Assistant to the President Bong Go of lying when he said that a  Chinese military plane landed in Davao City , President Rodrigo Duterte's hometown, just to refuel. Trillanes said it was not the first time a Chinese plane landed there, citing an unnamed source from ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 12th, 2018

China invasion of PH? Nonsense, says Chinese envoy

MANILA, Philippines – Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines Zhao Jianhua brushed aside claims that the recent landing of a Chinese government plane in Davao City is a threat to Philippine sovereignty. "Even they indicated that this might be the beginning of our invasion. Please allow me to be ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 12th, 2018

Go: Chinese plane refueled in Davao

SPECIAL Assistant to the President Christopher 'Bong' Go on Sunday confirmed that a Chinese military plane landed last week in Davao City.In a statement, Go said the military transport pl.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJun 11th, 2018

Nothing unusual with landing of Chinese military plane in Davao — Lorenzana - Philippine Star

Nothing unusual with landing of Chinese military plane in Davao — Lorenzana - Philippine Star.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJun 11th, 2018

& apos;Government cleared Chinese military plane landing& apos; - Philippine Star

'Government cleared Chinese military plane landing' - Philippine Star.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJun 10th, 2018

AFP plans biz protection oplan vs NPA offensives

The Armed Forces of the Philippines-Eastern Mindanao Command urged businessmen to coordinate with the military and other local authorities after the recent reported burning of heavy equipment allegedly by the New People's Army (NPA) in three areas in the Davao City......»»

Category: newsSource:  davaotodayRelated NewsApr 4th, 2018

PNP leads 1st anti-terror drill in Davao City today

THE Philippine National Police today will spearhead its first major anti-terror drill in Davao City to test the capacity, capability and interoperability of the police and the military and other concerned government agencies in responding to any real or imagined terror threats. This early, authorities have advised the public to….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsFeb 27th, 2018

Marawi war victims unite, threaten to launch ‘holy war’

&'160; MARAWI CITY – A shadowy group calling itself the “Meranaw Victims Movement” has threatened to launch its own jihad or holy war if a set of demands, among them government compensation for the destruction of Marawi and the victims of war between security forces and local IS militants in the besieged city in southern Philippines. Speaking in Arabic, the group &'' comprising about 3 dozen masked gunmen &'' released a 14-minute video and statement on social media and stated the following demands: First, we would like to ask our kinsfolk from among the so-called ISIS/Maute Group to leave Marawi City at once and free their hostages, Muslims and Christians alike; Second, we would like to ask the Philippine Government, especially President Rodrigo Duterte, the following – to allow the civilians to return to their homes in areas in Marawi City that were already cleared by the military; stop the aerial bombings of Marawi City if only to salvage houses or buildings that may not have been destroyed yet; stop the abuses of some military and police personnel at checkpoints and accord respect to civilians, especially the women. And ease the access to and from Marawi City, especially the roads through the village of Maliwanag so that people in the 1st District of Lanao del Sur would have better and convenient road access; secure the remains of civilians so they may not be mixed with the garbage in the process of military clearing operations and so that they may be given proper burial even if only skeletons are left of them; to provide immediate appropriate material and financial support to all wounded civilian victims similar to the support being provided by the government to wounded military and police personnel; compensate for the damaged houses and buildings, wasted goods and merchandise of civilians and provide for their livelihood as well. And to rebuild or rehabilitate the mosques and madrasahs and other destroyed structures that represented the Meranao culture and heritage; importantly, the government should not make any hint that it would occupy the land of the Meranaws on the basis of military reservation, instead it should help legitimate owners to have their respective land titles; and for the military and police personnel to avoid occupying mosques and madrasahs. It also demanded from local politicians to account for all the relevant government funds such as the Calamity Fund and all other assistance and donations, and ensure transparent and equitable implementation or spending of the same. And has urged the rebel group Moro Islamic Liberation Front to support its demands by ensuring that these reach all those concerned. The Meranaw Victims Movement strongly denied that locals &'' whom the government and authorities blamed for allowing militants to build up forces and occupy the city &'' condone the violence and said it is willing to face off with IS fighters in an effort to drive out the gunmen. It also blamed local leaders as responsible for failing to prevent the IS attacks. “First, we did not conform with the using of Marawi City as sanctuary neither did we approve of what some of our kinsfolk who claimed to be ISIS/Maute Group did which ignited the war in Marawi City that has brought about grave sufferings to the Meranaw people. Second, we deem unacceptable the actions of the Government that caused the displacement of tens of thousands and deaths of several civilians due to the aerial bombings and use of heavy armaments in Marawi City which are among those prohibited under International Humanitarian Law.” “Third, we hold our local leaders, past and present alike, responsible for failing to prevent the ISIS/Maute Group from carrying out their plan since they were fully aware of the group’s presence in the city prior to the siege, and for literally forsaking the civilians like orphans in the midst of great danger during the onset of the siege on May 23, 2017. Fourth, we are dismayed with the MILF since, until now, nothing was heard of them, let alone have they made a categorical position on the current Marawi crisis,” it said. If all the demands are not met, the group said it will take actions not only against IS militants, but the Duterte government as well. “To our ISIS/Maute Group kinsfolk, if you would not heed our call, we would be compelled to face you because by then you no longer care for the welfare of the people and you did not only fail to realize but have violated the essence of Jihad in Islam. To the Government, this will be the last time that we will ask in relation to previous demands of various sectors of the Meranaw society, and that if the foregoing demands will fall to deaf ears, likewise, we will be compelled to fight for our rights that have been trampled upon and that Jihad becomes our legitimate recourse.” “To our leaders, should we find out that you defraud or corrupt the assistance and support intended for the evacuees, we will unrelentingly pursue until we take them for the people in whatever means possible. To the MILF, take note that the demand for the approval of the BBL becomes irrelevant if the key area where it should be implemented would no longer be in the hands of the Meranaw, and that by then the support of the people of Lanao becomes weak in time that [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsSep 20th, 2017

US hands 2 Cessna planes to PAF

DAVAO CITY (MindaNews/28 July) – The US government has donated two new Cessna 208B aircraft worth P1.67 billion to the Philippine Air Force (PAF) to enhance the country’s counterterrorism capabilities and support the military operations in besieged Marawi City. The donation came on the heels of President Rodrigo Duterte’s statement during his second State of the Nation Address [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsJul 28th, 2017