Advertisements


China won t allow Duterte s ouster

China won t allow Duterte s ouster.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource: pep pepMay 16th, 2018

The many times Duterte floated ouster plots against him

TIMELINE: From the CIA to the Liberal Party, supposed ouster plots against President Duterte are behind his recent remark about China assuring him of a secured presidency......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsMay 18th, 2018

China won t allow my ouster

ONBOARD BRP DAVAO DEL SUR: Chinese President Xi Jinping vowed to shield President Rodrigo Duterte from any attempt to remove him from office, the Chief Executive has revealed. Duterte made the stat.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsMay 17th, 2018

Duterte& apos;s claim of China & apos;assurance& apos; vs ouster & apos;dumbfounding& apos;: maritime expert - ABS-CBN News

Duterte's claim of China 'assurance' vs ouster 'dumbfounding': maritime expert - ABS-CBN News.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsMay 16th, 2018

China won t allow Duterte s ouster

China won t allow Duterte s ouster.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  pepRelated NewsMay 16th, 2018

Senators: Only Filipinos can decide what’s best for PH not China

  "God, help the Philippines!"   Senator Panfilo Lacson made the remark on Wednesday when sought for comment on President Rodrigo Duterte's claim he had been assured that China would not allow his ouster.   "If he really said that, and in the context that we are made to understand, all I can say is, God, help the Philippines!" Lacson, who is part of the majority bloc in the Senate, said in a text message.   "We are a democratic and sovereign country. Nobody, not any foreign country but the Philippines and the Filipinos can determine and decide what is best for us," he added.   Senator Francis "Kiko" Pangilinan, an opposition member,...Keep on reading: Senators: Only Filipinos can decide what’s best for PH not China.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMay 16th, 2018

Duterte says China s Xi vowed to protect him from ouster

MANILA, Philippines – Chinese President Xi Jinping promised to protect President Rodrigo Duterte from any plan to remove him from office, the Philippine leader said on Tuesday, May 15.  "The assurances of Xi Jinping were very encouraging. 'We will not – ,' eh nandiyan naman sila (anyway ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMay 15th, 2018

ISIS militants, hostages escape Marawi mosque

MARAWI CITY – Dozens of local ISIS militants and their hostages managed to escape undetected from a mosque they used to attack security forces in the besieged city of Marawi.  The daring escape was only discovered after troops managed to advance and eventually recaptured the mosque from militants on Thursday hours before President Rodrigo Duterte’s visit to Marawi. The military trumpeted the “liberation” of the mosque, but it did not say how ISIS fighters and their captives managed to escape from thousands of troops who surrounded Marawi, and spy planes and drones monitoring the siege since May 23.  The fate of the hostages, including a Catholic priest and church workers, remains unknown.  Duterte, wearing a Kevlar helmet and a bullet-proof vest, inspected troops in the battlefront and spoke to them. “The President also congratulated the troops for defending Marawi from terror elements and for successfully retaking the Islamic Center yesterday, a structure that was maintained as the Daesh-inspired terrorist group's command and control for the longest time before it was retaken,” said Army Captain Jo-ann Petinglay, a spokeswoman for the Western Mindanao Command.  It was his 3rd visit to Marawi since the fighting began when militants occupied the city in an effort to put up an Islamic province in the restive region. Security officials also briefed Duterte on the progress of the military operations against the militants.  In his talk with the soldiers, Duterte assured his full support to the military and police forces fighting ISIS. “I would like to reiterate this, I will never abandon you as long as you are doing the right thing. This would include fighting against the terrorists groups, the drug lords or the common criminals as long as you are doing your sworn duty to enforce the law and protect the republic. Let me emphasize however that you must do your job in accordance with the law,” he said.  Duterte was accompanied by National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon, Defense Undersecretary Cesar Yano, Armed Forces Chief of Staff General Eduardo Ano and Army Chief Lieutenant General Glorioso Miranda.  Oust Duterte  His visit to the battlefield came days after disgruntled soldiers and policemen who are members of a shadowy group called Patriotic and Democratic Movement or PADEM called for the ouster of Duterte. They accused Duterte of treating the military and police as his private armies and for betraying and violating public trust and cited 10 reasons to call for his ouster. The group also urged Filipinos to join PADEM in condemning and fighting Duterte and his administration and to stage mass actions and demand the President’s ouster. In a manifesto, Antonio Bonifacio, who claimed to be PADEM’s spokesman, called on members of the military and police to also join the people in demanding Duterte’s resignation and also his administration. It said the group is working for the withdrawal military and police support for Duterte.  “We urge all Filipinos as individuals and as groups in whatever social sector, field, institution or organization to exercise their right of assembly and expression to undertake mass actions demanding the ouster of Duterte and his administration. We call on our fellow officers and members of the AFP and the PNP to join the people in demanding the resignation or ouster of Duterte and his administration.” “We pledge to work for the withdrawal of military and police support for Duterte and his administration in conjunction with mass mobilization of the Filipino people in millions to manifest their demand for the resignation or ouster of Duterte and his administration. Upon the change of administration, we pledge to follow the principle of civilian supremacy and support a new civilian administration, in accordance with the 1987 Constitution and the rule of law,” the manifesto, released by Bonifacio – believed to be a nom de guerre – said. PADEM also condemned and holds accountable for gross crimes in betrayal of public trust and in violation of national sovereignty and democratic rights of the Filipino people. It cited the following reasons as alleged crimes of Duterte:   Treating the AFP and the PNP as these were his private armies and practising favoritism and violating professional and service standards in the promotion and assignment of officers; Corrupting the PNP and the AFP with a system of monetary awards for the extrajudicial killing of alleged illegal drug users and of NPA suspects; Condoning and protecting top-level illegal drug lords; Emboldening/inciting police officers to engage in extrajudicial killings of poor suspected illegal drug users and pushers by publicly telling officers to plant evidence and by guaranteeing their pardon and promotion in case of conviction; Aggravating corruption in government and criminality through the collusion of Duterte trustees and crime syndicates; Allowing China to occupy maritime features in the West Philippine Sea and to violate Philippine sovereign rights upheld by decision of the Arbitral Tribunal in accordance with the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea; Bungling the operations in Marawi City and indiscriminately destroying lives and property through aerial bombings, artillery and mortar; Favoring certain Chinese businessmen and Duterte relatives and cronies in the award of projected infrastructure projects using loans from China; Betraying the sovereign rights of the Filipino people by making the Philippines a debt vassal of China and offering to China the oil and gas resources under the West Philippine Sea as collateral for Chinese loans; and Seeking to replace the partnership with the United States in matters [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsAug 25th, 2017

Shadowy group calls for Duterte’s ouster

MANILA – A shadowy group called Patriotic and Democratic Movement or PADEM, composed of disgruntled military and police officers and members, has called for the ouster of President Rodrigo Duterte and cited 10 reasons for its action. It accused Duterte of treating the military and police as his private armies and for betraying and violating public trust. It also urged Filipinos to join PADEM in condemning and fighting Duterte and his administration and to stage mass actions and demand the President’s ouster. In a manifesto, Antonio Bonifacio, who claimed to be PADEM’s spokesman, called on members of the military and police to also join the people in demanding Duterte’s resignation and also his administration. It said the group is working for the withdrawal military and police support for Duterte.  “We urge all Filipinos as individuals and as groups in whatever social sector, field, institution or organization to exercise their right of assembly and expression to undertake mass actions demanding the ouster of Duterte and his administration. We call on our fellow officers and members of the AFP and the PNP to join the people in demanding the resignation or ouster of Duterte and his administration.” “We pledge to work for the withdrawal of military and police support for Duterte and his administration in conjunction with mass mobilization of the Filipino people in millions to manifest their demand for the resignation or ouster of Duterte and his administration. Upon the change of administration, we pledge to follow the principle of civilian supremacy and support a new civilian administration, in accordance with the 1987 Constitution and the rule of law,” the manifesto, released by Bonifacio &'' believed to be a nom de guerre – said. PADEM also condemned and holds accountable for gross crimes in betrayal of public trust and in violation of national sovereignty and democratic rights of the Filipino people. It cited the following reasons as alleged crimes of Duterte:   Treating the AFP and the PNP as these were his private armies and practising favoritism and violating professional and service standards in the promotion and assignment of officers; Corrupting the PNP and the AFP with a system of monetary awards for the extrajudicial killing of alleged illegal drug users and of NPA suspects; Condoning and protecting top-level illegal drug lords; Emboldening/inciting police officers to engage in extrajudicial killings of poor suspected illegal drug users and pushers by publicly telling officers to plant evidence and by guaranteeing their pardon and promotion in case of conviction; Aggravating corruption in government and criminality through the collusion of Duterte trustees and crime syndicates; Allowing China to occupy maritime features in the West Philippine Sea and to violate Philippine sovereign rights upheld by decision of the Arbitral Tribunal in accordance with the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea; Bungling the operations in Marawi City and indiscriminately destroying lives and property through aerial bombings, artillery and mortar; Favoring certain Chinese businessmen and Duterte relatives and cronies in the award of projected infrastructure projects using loans from China; Betraying the sovereign rights of the Filipino people by making the Philippines a debt vassal of China and offering to China the oil and gas resources under the West Philippine Sea as collateral for Chinese loans; and Seeking to replace the partnership with the United States in matters of national security with an even more lopsided relationship with China and Russia.  Television network GMA reported that the military has reiterated its support for the administration of Duterte and strongly denied PADEM’s allegations. Military spokesman Brigadier General Restituto Padilla said the entire Armed Forces of the Philippines, along with all the men and women of the uniformed services and all their civilian personnel, stand by the government and support Duterte, their commander-in-chief. Padilla said the accusations and issues cited by the group are unfounded and uncalled for. “Such issues are clearly politically motivated and a matter that the AFP does not and will not subscribe to,” GMA quoted him as saying, adding, they are the constitutionally mandated protectors of the people and will stand by law-abiding citizens whenever and wherever they are needed. “Having affirmed this, the AFP, however, will not hesitate in acting against forces who shall undermine the stability and security of our country and those who wish to destabilize our nation thru unconstitutional means,” he said. Communist rebels had previously said that the Central Intelligence Agency is plotting to oust Duterte alongside the plan to assassinate Jose Maria Sison, founder of the Communist Party of the Philippines. Sison, in a statement he issued in May, said those who continue to support him assert that performance in a year is not enough basis for a final judgment and that there is more than enough time ahead for him to accomplish promises that have most impressed them, such as the eradication of the drug problem, criminality, and corruption. He said Duterte has, in fact, pleaded that he needs three or four more years to bring about the significant changes that he previously thought would be done in six months’ time. His promised campaign against the pork barrel and other forms of corruption of the Aquino regime has not yet materialized. “Where he has been most successful at, projecting himself as a strong leader by calling on the police and the public to kill drug addict-pushers, he has attracted the most severe and sustained condemnation by institutions, the [&'].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsAug 23rd, 2017

China backs Duterte amid ‘ouster plot’

China backs Duterte amid ‘ouster plot’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsDec 31st, 2016

Nation: Of spies, drugs and China: Duterte indulges the press

PRESIDENT Rodrigo R. Duterte, in a marathon of television interviews on Thursday, gamely answered questions on issues surrounding his administration -- particularly on alleged ouster plots against him, his bloody war on drugs and criminality, and his inde.....»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsDec 29th, 2016

Erap, claiming US hand in ouster, worries of same threat to Duterte over China shift

Erap, claiming US hand in ouster, worries of same threat to Duterte over China shift.....»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsOct 22nd, 2016

Military arrests ‘ouster plot’ Reds in Laguna

Five alleged communist rebels, including a peace talks consultant, believed to be involved in the plot to oust President Duterte were arrested at an Army checkpoint in Sta. Cruz, Laguna last Monday afternoon, the military reported yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 16th, 2018

More foreign players join third telco contest

Two foreign players, including the Chinese firm said last year to be preferred by President Rodrigo Duterte, have joined the race to become the Philippines’ third major telco. Selection documents have been purchased by China Telecommunications Corp. and Austria’s Mobiltel Holding GmbH, who join Norway’s Telenor Group and five domestic firms that earlier this week… link: More foreign players join third telco contest.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsOct 13th, 2018

DND chief Lorenzana: No more Red October plot

The Armed Forces of the Philippines has neutralized the Red October plot, an alleged ouster move hatched by anti-government forces against President Duterte......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 13th, 2018

China Telecom, PT& T eye 3rd telco bid

MANILA, Philippines – The Chinese company which was earlier touted to be preferred by President Rodrigo Duterte to be the country's 3rd major telecommunications player formalized its intent to bid, the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) announced on Friday, October 12. China Telecom was ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsOct 12th, 2018

More foreign players join third telco contest

Two foreign players, including the Chinese firm said last year to be preferred by President Rodrigo Duterte, have joined the race to become the Philippines’ third major telco. Selection documents have been purchased by China Telecommunications Corp. and Austria’s Mobiltel Holding GmbH, who join Norway’s Telenor Group and five domestic firms that earlier this week [...] The post More foreign players join third telco contest appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsOct 12th, 2018

US-PH war exercise worries China

  China has raised concerns about a joint US-Philippine military exercise that coincides with the visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping to the country in November, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said on Tuesday.   Roque said Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines Zhao Jianhua raised the concern in a meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte in Malacaang on Monday.   Zhao called on the President to discuss Xi's visit.   "China of course expressed concern over a naval, a military, exercise that the United States will be conducting in the area about the same time that the Chinese president will be in the Philippines," Roque said.   ...Keep on reading: US-PH war exercise worries China.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 10th, 2018

'PHVote2019, Federalism draft, Padre Pio | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: President Rodrigo Duterte says Foreign Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano will run as Taguig Representative in the 2019 elections. President Rodrigo Duterte assures Chinese Ambassador Zhao Jianhua the Philippines will not take part in U.S. military exercises in the South China Sea in November. Top Senate leaders reject the draft charter of ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsOct 10th, 2018

Under construction: How the Philippines’ projects with China are progressing

President Rodrigo Duterte has secured several loan agreements on different infrastructure initiatives with China two years ago, visited it more than any other country during his term and shifted foreign policy focus towards the Asian giant. The new chapter in the country’s relationship with one of the world’s most powerful economies, however, has not yet […] The post Under construction: How the Philippines’ projects with China are progressing appeared first on Interaksyon......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsOct 10th, 2018

Carpio: Out of ICC, PH helpless vs China

Supreme Court Senior Associate Justice Antonio Carpio warned that the Philippines would be giving up a "very strong" legal deterrent against a possible China invasion of the West Philippine Sea if it withdrew from the International Criminal Court (ICC). At the last round of oral arguments on Tuesday, Carpio listed the implications of President Rodrigo Duterte's order in March to pull out from the international treaty creating the ICC on the maritime dispute with China. Carpio told Solicitor General Jose Calida in open court that the Philippines could sue China's leaders, led by President Xi Jinping, at the ICC for alleged crimes against humanity should China invade Philippine-occup...Keep on reading: Carpio: Out of ICC, PH helpless vs China.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 9th, 2018