Advertisements


Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony, responds to band's statement

Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony, responds to band's statement.....»»

Category: newsSource: rappler rapplerDec 20th, 2016

Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony

Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsDec 19th, 2016

Hit girl group Fifth Harmony calls time

NEW YORK, USA – Fifth Harmony, the all-female pop group born on a TV singing contest, on Monday, March 19 announced an indefinite hiatus as its members pursue solo careers. The group's original fifth member, 21-year-old Camila Cabello, had already left and scored a big success with her smash hit ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsMar 20th, 2018

Camila bigger on the solo trail

Camila Cabello was the Zayn Malik of Fifth Harmony......»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 18th, 2018

Fifth Harmony wins Teens Choice Awards, ex-Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello moves on

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Teen Choice Awards, always a bubble celebrating teenage tastes, took time out during Sunday night's ceremony to consider the world its.....»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 14th, 2017

Duterte leaves ‘endo’ promise up to Congress

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte is no longer keen on issuing an executive order (EO) to fulfill a campaign promise to ban the labor practice of “endo,” administration officials said. The statement came a few days after Palace spokesman Harry Roque Jr. said the EO addressing endo would be signed by Duterte on or before May 1, [...] The post Duterte leaves ‘endo’ promise up to Congress appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated News8 hr. 17 min. ago

Pacquiao responds to Roach situation: I have not made my final decision

Over the weekend, news surfaced that eight-division boxing world champion Manny Pacquiao won’t be working with long-time Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach for his upcoming WBA Welterweight World Title match against champion Lucas Mathysse in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia this July. In a press statement, the Pacquiao camp named best friend Buboy Fernandes and Nonoy Neri as the trainers. Roach responded to the statement saying that he wishes his former ward well, but admitted that he was hurt by how the situation unfolded. Pacquiao and Roach have worked together for the last 15-plus years, and have 34 professional fights and seven world championships under their belt. Now, it seems as though the split isn’t as certain as was once thought…yet. In an Instagram post early Monday morning, Pacquiao clarified the situation surrounding him and Roach.   Contrary to statements which I personally did not make that are circulating in the media, I have not made my final decision who will be my head trainer for my July 14 fight with Matthysse. My advisor Mike Koncz has been in contact with Freddie’s people to keep them informed. I will make a final decision within the week. When that decision is made, Freddie will be the first one to be informed and then I will advise the media. #PacquiaoMatthysse A post shared by Manny Pacquiao (@mannypacquiao) on Apr 15, 2018 at 12:34pm PDT “Contrary to statements which I personally did not make that are circulating in the media, I have not made my final decision who will be my head trainer for my July 14 fight with Matthysse.” Pacquiao’s post, which shows him hitting the mitts with Roach read. “My advisor Mike Koncz has been in contact with Freddie’s people to keep them informed. I will make a final decision within the week.” It was Koncz that first revealed that things between Pacquiao and Roach weren't exactly peachy, saying in an interview with ESPN's Dan Rafael that the boxer-turned-senator took issue to some of the things that Roach said to the media following Pacquiao's loss to Jeff Horn in Australia back in 2017.  In Roach’s statement over the weekend, he revealed that he had been hurt by the fact that Pacquiao did not reach out to him personally to inform him of the supposed change. Pacquiao ends his post by addressing that statement. “When that decision is made, Freddie will be the first one to be informed and then I will advise the media.” Does this mean that Pacquiao and Roach are not going their separate ways after all?.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsApr 16th, 2018

Cheat Sheet: Camila Cabello Got Us Inspired To Wear Our Trusty Sneaks With Attitude!

We played style-me-up with one of her collab footwear projects!.....»»

Category: lifestyleSource:  abscbnRelated NewsApr 4th, 2018

BSP holds interest rate as inflation seen in target

The Philippine central bank left its benchmark interest rate at a record low as it forecast inflation will remain inside the target band this year and in 2019. Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas held the overnight borrowing rate at 3%, it said in a statement on Thursday, March 22, as predicted by 11 of 17 economists […] The post BSP holds interest rate as inflation seen in target appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsMar 22nd, 2018

Taylor Swift taps Camila Cabello, Charli XCX as tour openers

    Taylor Swift has announced two openers for her Reputation Stadium Tour this 2018.   On Thursday, the singer-songwriter said on Instagram that Charli XCX and Camila Cabello will join her this spring and summer.   British singer-songwriter Charli XCX's fourth album, "Pop 2," came out in 2017; while Cabello's debut album, "Camila," was released in January and immediately topped the charts.   Swift expressed her excitement on Instagram for the tour. She said she cannot wait to see her fans.   "Reputation" came out in November on Big Machine Records and became 2017's best-selling album in the United States. Swift's tour, her ...Keep on reading: Taylor Swift taps Camila Cabello, Charli XCX as tour openers.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsMar 2nd, 2018

Globe deploys nearly 1,700 LTE sites

GLOBE Telecom, Inc. on Sunday said it has deployed close to 1,700 long-term evolution (LTE) sites using the 700 megahertz (MHz) nationwide. “Aggressive deployment of LTE 700 sites has led to improvement in the country’s mobile speeds,” the telecommunications giant said in a statement. The 700 MHz frequency and 2600 MHz band were among San […] The post Globe deploys nearly 1,700 LTE sites appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsFeb 26th, 2018

What ancient feng shui says about arranging a space

THE Chinese zodiac has switched into the Year of the Dog — it’s that time of the year in ancient Chinese when believers of feng shui rearrange spaces to maximize harmony and attract good luck. Riding that wave of traditional interest in feng shui, Federal Land, in a statement issued over the weekend, has some […] The post What ancient feng shui says about arranging a space appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsFeb 19th, 2018

Rep: Smashing Pumpkins tried to include bassist in reunion

    NEW YORK --- A spokesperson for The Smashing Pumpkins said the band has tried to include ex-bassist D'arcy Wretzky in its upcoming reunion though she claims she has been excluded. The representative said Monday that band members Billy Corgan, James Iha and Jimmy Chamberlin haven't played a show with Wretzky in nearly two decades though they've reached out to the performer. "In reuniting The Smashing Pumpkins, the band's dedication remains to its fans and its music. To that, James Iha, Jimmy Chamberlin, and William Corgan haven't played a show with D'arcy Wretzky for over 18 years. But it's not for a lack of trying," read the statement to The Associated Press...Keep on reading: Rep: Smashing Pumpkins tried to include bassist in reunion.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 13th, 2018

Throwing down

  NEW YORK---The music industry's biggest night was celebrated here on Sunday, Jan. 28 at Madison Square Garden. I'm talking about the 60th Annual Grammy Awards. Hosted by last year's host, James Corden (whose parents also made a cameo appearance), it is one of the awards nights that I look forward to. But because I had a show happening at the same time, I set my DVR to record it. And for the most part, it didn't disappoint. There were amazing performances by Childish Gambino, Lady Gaga, Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee, Pink, SZA, Alessia Cara, Kesha, Cyndi Lauper, Camila Cabello, Rihanna, DJ Khaled, Khalid, the Resistance Revival Chorus (in a powerful number introduced by ...Keep on reading: Throwing down.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJan 31st, 2018

The Cranberries singer Dolores O’Riordan dies aged 46

LONDON: Irish singer-songwriter Dolores O’Riordan, frontwoman of the multi-million selling rock band The Cranberries, died suddenly in London on Monday, aged 46, her publicist said. “Irish and international singer Dolores O’Riordan has died suddenly in London today, family members are devastated,” Lindsey Holmes said in a statement. “The lead singer…was in London for a short [...] The post The Cranberries singer Dolores O’Riordan dies aged 46 appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsJan 16th, 2018

Music’s loss: Moody Blues’ Ray Thomas, 76, and French singer France Gall, 70

LONDON/PARIS — Musician and singer Ray Thomas, a founding member of the band Moody Blues, has died at the age of 76, his record label said on Sunday. Thomas, a flautist and vocalist, died suddenly at home in Surrey, England, on Thursday, according to a statement released by Cherry Red Records and Esoteric Recordings. “We […] The post Music’s loss: Moody Blues’ Ray Thomas, 76, and French singer France Gall, 70 appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsJan 8th, 2018

Another five-peat for Ateneo? Isaac Go thinks it’s possible

Before last Sunday, five years ago was the last time Ateneo de Manila University celebrated a championship. That 2012 title capped off a five-peat that saw the Blue Eagles running rougshod in the UAAP. That five-peat featured top-notch talent such as Ryan Buenafe, Kiefer Ravena, Eric Salamat, Greg Slaughter, and Chris Tiu. While this new cast of characters for Ateneo isn’t that renowned, or not yet at least, their belief that they can do great things remains. So much so that Isaac Go, one of the heroes of this most recent championship, believes they are not stopping here. “This band of brothers, we feel we accomplished something, but we want another one,” he told reporters before Ateneo’s bonfire inside campus on Saturday. He then continued, “This is the start of a new five-peat.” The statement drew chuckles from the media present, the Blue Eagles and Go himself. After all, these boys from Katipunan were never ones to make grand claims. Still, a second straight championship isn’t a farfetched idea for this Ateneo team. Aside from team captain Vince Tolentino, Nigerian big man Chibueze Ikeh, and reserve Kris Porter, they will remain mostly intact for a title defense. As for a five-peat? Well, Aaron Black, Nieto twins Matt and Mike, and Thirdy Ravena are only in their third year; Jolo Mendoza and Raffy Verano are only in their second year; and Troy Mallillin, Gian Mamuyac, and Tyler Tio are only in their first year. They also have 6-foot-10 Angelo Kouame, Filipino-Kiwi Patrick Maagdenberg, and former San Beda College Red Lion William Navarro waiting in the wings. And that’s not even including the “wealth of talent” from their high school in the likes of heady point guard SJ Belangel and versatile forwards Jason Credo and Dave Ildefonso, all set to graduate from the Juniors by next year, as well as 7-foot-1 teen Kai Sotto and court general Forthsky Padrigao, both members of Batang Gilas. While he isn’t guaranteeing anything just yet, coach Tab Baldwin said the Blue Eagles will just continue what they have been doing – better themselves each and every day. “We managed to climb the mountain, but when we look up, we see another peak,” he expressed —- Follow this writer on Twitter, @riegogogo......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsDec 9th, 2017

Jensen and the Flips, Sud respond to sexual harassment claims

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Indie band Jensen and the Flips has issued a statement on November 23 in response to claims of them sexually harassing and behaving inappropriately towards women. The band apologized for their actions and added that they knew an apology would not be enough. “An apology will never ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 23rd, 2017

Indie band ‘Jensen and the Flips’ removed from local music event line-up after sexual harassment allegations

The Rest Is Noise organizers announced that the invitation for Jensen and the Flips had been revoked after women spoke up on Twitter about sexual-harassment allegations. After a Twitter user sparked discussion of sexist behavior in the local indie music scene, women shared their experiences of being harassed or taken advantage of by various band members. Names that cropped up included members from Jensen and the Flips. The alleged victims included minors. Following the negative reactions online, the organizers released a statement: "In light of several deeply disturbing allegations, one of which was confirmed by the accused band member, we've decided to withdraw our invit...Keep on reading: Indie band ‘Jensen and the Flips’ removed from local music event line-up after sexual harassment allegations.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsNov 22nd, 2017

Fifth Harmony’s 2nd show in Manila set on March 6, 2018

Fifth Harmony Fifth Harmony, the American pop girl band formed in the second season of the reality singing contest "X Factor US," will hold its second concert in Manila on March 6, 2018 at K.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsNov 19th, 2017

Draft ASEAN statement leaves out SCS issue

Draft ASEAN statement leaves out SCS issue.....»»

Category: newsSource:  cnnphilippinesRelated NewsNov 13th, 2017