Advertisements


We are sorry, the requested page does not exist




100 percent service tip alang sa mga kawani, nakalusot na sa Bicam

Giaprobahan sa congressional bicameral committee karong adlawa Martes ang gisugyot nga balaodnon nga maghatag sa mga kawani samga hotel ug uban pang establisyimento og service charges nga gikuha sa mga customer.The post 100 percent service tip alang sa mga kawani, nakalusot na sa Bicam appeared first on Abante News Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  abanteRelated NewsMay 29th, 2019

POC feud heats up as removed members call for election

Sacked board member Joey Romasanta called Philippine Olympic Committee president Ricky Vargas’ appointments on Monday as invalid and called for a general election within the next days. Vargas ordered the removal of a number of the POC board members of their key committee positions during their General Assembly including 1st vice-president Romasanta, who is the chef de mission to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Vargas nominated POC chairman Bambol Tolentino as his replacement.              [Related story: POC president Vargas romoves board members] “The appointments he announced are invalid because these have to be approved by the Executive Board,” said Romasanta in a statement.   Vargas, who took the POC presidency February last year after beating long-time head Peping Cojuangco in a re-election, announced that the new elections will be held in January 2020. But Romasanta and the banished board members want the general elections as soon as possible. “To determine whether he indeed has the support of the members of the General Assembly, to save the 30th SEA Games and the POC as an institution, we are calling for the general elections to be held at the soonest possible time and we will agree to declare all positions vacant if that happens,” said Romasanta. Vargas earlier gave membership committee head Robert Bachmann, board members Romasanta, Peping Cojuangco, chef de mission Monsour Del Rosario and deputy CDM Charlie Ho the boot from their respective positions saying that ‘the individuals I mentioned have lost my trust and confidence’ following the group’s unauthorized meetings. Romasanta added that the issue of the alleged overpricing of Asics as the official apparel of the PHI contingent and questions about the Philippine Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee (PHISGOC) were not addressed as the general assembly was immediately adjourned following their removal.     “His earlier pronouncements that he will discuss and explain all the questions of the Executive Board regarding relations with PHISGOC and the Asics overpricing did not happen,” said Romasanta. “He adjourned the meeting after a non-member moved for adjournment. Nobody was allowed to talk.”.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMay 27th, 2019

European leagues: Most clubs oppose changes in competitions

By Tales Azzoni, Associated Press MADRID (AP) — A "vast majority" of European teams are against plans by elite clubs to radically change the shape of the Champions League, according to the organization representing national leagues. The European Leagues group hosted a meeting Tuesday of around 250 clubs in the Spanish capital and said most are against proposals submitted by the European Club Association that kicked off consultation to agree changes that will take effect in 2024. The ECA's strategy is mostly shaped by rich and storied clubs who want to play each other more often — possibly in groups doubled in size to eight teams — and secure year-on-year Champions League entry through a high placing in those groups. That proposal would represent the biggest change to the Champions League since some domestic league runners-up were allowed entry in 1997. The clubs' idea is fiercely opposed by the leagues, which fear fans and broadcasters could lose interest in their competitions if Champions League entries can be secured elsewhere. "A lot of clubs made their position very clear, including clubs and representatives from ECA," European Leagues President Lars-Christer Olsson said. "The domestic competitions have to be the basis for the international competitions." "We are sure that fans are supporting our ideas," said Olsson, who helped oversee the modern Champions League as former CEO of UEFA for several years until 2007. The leagues want to make sure more domestic winners can have direct access to the Champions League from 2024 instead of having to go through more qualifying rounds with fewer chances to reach the lucrative group stage. Until 2018, the Champions League preliminary rounds including teams from all 55 UEFA member countries offered 10 of the 32 Champions League group-stage places, which shared up to $2 billion in prize money. Changes that took effect this season favored wealthy countries. Teams from Spain, England, Germany, Italy now avoid the preliminaries and only six of the 32 places are on offer to qualifiers. One of those qualifiers, Ajax, is in the semifinals. Ajax advanced through the knockout rounds with victories over Real Madrid and Juventus — two clubs pushing hardest for a better deal for elite clubs. Juventus president Andrea Agnelli — who leads the ECA and sits with Olsson on the UEFA executive committee — attended Tuesday's meeting which he had asked his members to boycott. ECA members will meet June 6-7 in Malta to discuss the proposal made in their name. Agnelli wrote to ECA officials last month criticizing the European Leagues for trying to preserve the "status quo." He has also suggested more promotion and relegation between the Champions League and second-tier Europa League which has been dominated for the past decade by Spanish and English clubs. "We are not against change," Olsson said Tuesday, "but we have significant concerns if that change should be based on what is released by Agnelli in his letter to the clubs." ECA vice chairman Edwin van der Sar, representing Ajax, told reporters that rumors about promoting a closed league or playing weekend games in European competitions were not the clubs' goal. "To develop European football, it's important to play more interesting and meaningful games and sometimes that doesn't happen in the leagues," said Van der Sar, suggesting the Dutch Eredivisie did not help Ajax players develop fully. "All things evolve and European football needs to evolve also," the former Ajax, Juventus and Manchester United goalkeeper said, citing a third-tier UEFA competition that kicks off in 2021. That project is provisionally called Europa League 2. The ECA already met with UEFA leadership to discuss the changes, and Olsson will lead a leagues delegation to UEFA's offices in Switzerland on Wednesday. The meeting in Madrid was organized by Spanish league president Javier Tebas, a longtime critic of the proposed changes. "The entire football industry would be affected by these changes," said Tebas, saying the league would consider legal actions if the clubs' favored formats went into effect. "It would be a very complicated scenario.".....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsMay 8th, 2019

Special, not emergency powers OK’d for traffic

MANILA, Philippines - Instead of emergency powers for President Duterte, the House transportation committee approved yesterday a measure that would give the.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 18th, 2017

House panel OKs emergency powers for Digong vs traffic

The House Committee on Transportation approved yesterday a bill granting special powers for the Duterte administration to address the lingering traffic crisis in the country for a period of three years......»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsJan 18th, 2017

Nation: House committee OK's proposed traffic powers

THE HOUSE COMMITTEE on Transportation has approved the proposed Traffic Crisis Act, which is being eyed to address the traffic woes in Metro Manila, Cebu and Davao cities......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 18th, 2017

Despite doping scandals, Russia could bid for 2028 Olympics

div>MOSCOW (AP) — Still mired in a doping scandal and with a track team banned from international competition, the president of the Russian Olympic Committee said his country may put forth a bid to host the 2028 Games. /div> div>  /div> div>Alexander Zhukov said Friday that Russia is considering three cities as candidates for a 2028 bid, even as it battles accusations of a mass doping cover-up at the Sochi Olympics three years ago. /div> div>  /div> div>'It's hard to say now, but why not? I think it's completely possible to try,' Zhukov told state news agency RIA Novosti. 'It's not just St. Petersburg, we also have Kazan which is a possibility. It's also possible in Sochi.' /div> div>  /div> div>Bidding for the 2024 Games is still under way, with a vote in September set to choose between Los Angeles, Paris and Budapest. The 2028 host is expected to be decided in 2021. /div> div>  /div> div>Russia hosted the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, spending about $51 billion on the games, but is under intense pressure following accusations of a massive doping cover-up at the games. World Anti-Doping Agency investigator Richard McLaren has said there is evidence that doping test samples given by 12 Russian medal winners at the games were tampered with. /div> div>  /div> div>The doping scandals also heavily depleted Russia's team for last year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Evidence of widespread doping meant the entire Russian weightlifting team was banned and only one of the 68-strong track and field team was allowed to compete. /div> div>  /div> div>Following McLaren's report last month, a group of 19 national anti-doping agencies on Tuesday called for Russian teams to be banned from all international sports competitions and for the country to be stripped of hosting major events, including the 2018 World Cup. National anti-doping agencies, however, do not have the powers to impose such sanctions. /div> div>  /div> div>Zhukov said the anti-doping agencies were 'creating a certain backdrop, putting pressure on the federations.' /div>.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 14th, 2017

Urgency, emergency

The Senate committee on public services has already endorsed its committee report on the proposed emergency powers to improve traffic bill to the Senate......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsDec 23rd, 2016

Economy: 2017 budget bicam report ratified by House, Senate

THE P3.35-trillion budget bill for 2017 will now go to President Rodrigo R. Duterte for his signature after both houses of Congress ratified the bicameral conference committee report containing the new government's first spending program......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsDec 14th, 2016

CHED urges lawmakers to reinstate P2-B slashed budget

MANILA, Philippines – With the 2017 budget pending approval at the bicameral conference committee, the Commission on Higher Education reiterated its appeal t.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 30th, 2016

Bicam defers action on P3.3-T 2017 budget

MANILA, Philippines – The bicameral conference committee met for the first time yesterday to discuss the proposed P3.35-trillion national budget, but deferre.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 29th, 2016

House panel OKs subpoena powers for CIDG

MANILA, Philippines – The House committee on public order and safety has approved a proposal seeking to grant subpoena powers to the Criminal Investigation a.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsNov 20th, 2016

Senate committee drafts report on emergency powers to solve traffic woes

The Senate committee on public services is now drafting a partial committee report on the bill that seeks to grant the Duterte administration emergency powers to solve the country’s traffic problems......»»

Category: newsSource:  mb.com.phRelated NewsOct 12th, 2016

Senate committee drafts report on emergency powers to solve traffic woes - Manila Bulletin

Senate committee drafts report on emergency powers to solve traffic woes - Manila Bulletin.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsOct 12th, 2016

House committee hopes emergency powers bill will be passed by the end of the year

House committee hopes emergency powers bill will be passed by the end of the year.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 8th, 2016

ARMM defends budget, proves mettle in house committee hearing - Mindanao Examiner

ARMM defends budget, proves mettle in house committee hearing - Mindanao Examiner.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsSep 28th, 2016

ARMM defends budget, proves mettle in house committee hearing

MANILA &'' Following a budget briefing last week, officials of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) began defending the proposed regional budget for 2017 in the House of Representatives on Tuesday. ARMM officials presented the budget in a pre-p.....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanaoexaminerRelated NewsSep 28th, 2016

Not a magic wand

Last week, the Senate committee looking into giving the President emergency powers concluded its public hearings on the proposal......»»

Category: financeSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 26th, 2016

House body backs Rody emergency powers

MANILA, Philippines - The House committee on transportation has agreed in principle to endorse the proposed grant of emergency powers to President Duterte to.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 22nd, 2016

Government, NDF agree to revitalize joint monitoring committee

MANILA, Philippines - The government and the National Democratic Front (NDF) agreed in principle on Tuesday to “revitalize” the Joint Monitoring Committee (J.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsSep 22nd, 2016