Advertisements


Banners welcome visitors to Philippines, province of China

Tarpaulins bearing the words “Welcome to the Philippines, province of China” were seen hanging in several footbridges in Metro Manila Thursday, two years after the country won its arbitration case against China......»»

Category: newsSource: philstar philstarJul 12th, 2018

Banners welcome visitors to Philippines, province of China

Tarpaulins bearing the words “Welcome to the Philippines, province of China” were seen hanging in several footbridges in Metro Manila Thursday, two years after the country won its arbitration case against China......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 12th, 2018

‘PH, Province of China’ Banners ‘Bad’ for PH-China Ties: Envoy

Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines Zhao Jianhua on Tuesday described the ‘Welcome to the Philippines, province of China’ banners as a threat to the improving China-Philippines relations. “It is bad for bilateral relationship and it is also bad for the Filipino people,” Zhao said in a media interview during the groundbreaking ceremony for two China-aid […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsJul 18th, 2018

Chinese ambassador: Banners ‘vicious attack’

Chinese Ambassador Zhao Jianhua on Tuesday described as a "vicious attack" on now warm relations between the Philippines and China the emergence of banners declaring the Philippines a Chinese province, which were apparently a take on a joke made by President Rodrigo Duterte. "The Philippines has never been a part of China," Zhao said at the sidelines of groundbreaking rites for two bridges being funded by the Chinese government. "Not now, or ever." Last week, a number of banners bearing the words "Welcome to the Philippines, Province of China" were seen hanging from several footbridges along major thoroughfares in the capital. The stunt came on the eve of the second anniversary ...Keep on reading: Chinese ambassador: Banners ‘vicious attack’.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 18th, 2018

PH a province of China? Not now, not ever, envoy says

MANILA, Philippines – Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines Zhao Jianhua slammed the banners branding the Philippines as a "province of China," as he called these a "vicious attack" on the "independent foreign policy" pursued by President Rodrigo Duterte.   "It has never been any part ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 17th, 2018

PNP tracking down those behind China province banners

Police have deployed intelligence operatives to look for the people behind the display of tarpaulin banners over footbridges in Metro Manila welcoming visitors to the “Philippines, Province of China.”.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 13th, 2018

People behind viral banners may face city ordinance violations

  If identified, the people behind the unauthorized display of banners stating that the Philippines is a province of China may face charges for violating city ordinances, a Philippine National Police (PNP) official said Friday.   "There are city ordinances [in place]... you cannot just post your sentiments anywhere. Sometimes, especially if it will catch the attention of commuters," PNP spokesperson Sr. Supt. Benigno Durana Jr. said in a press briefing at Camp Crame.   "May mga batas, local ordinances na ipinapatupad ng ating local government units (LGUs) para to maintain order in our communities," he added.   (There are laws, local ordinances...Keep on reading: People behind viral banners may face city ordinance violations.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 13th, 2018

Signs spark Philippine fury

Banners calling the Philippines a 'province of China' mysteriously appeared on bridges in Manila yesterday, sparking fury on social media on what was the second anniversary of Manila'.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilanewsRelated NewsJul 13th, 2018

PNP looking for people behind posting of PH, Province of China banners

The Philippine National Police (PNP) is looking for the people behind the unauthorized display of banners in different parts of Metro Manila saying that the Philippines was a province of China. �.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philippinetimesRelated NewsJul 12th, 2018

Metro Manila wakes up to ‘Province of China’ banners

Filipinos in Metro Manila were shocked Thursday morning to see tarpaulin banners proclaiming the Philippines as a ‘Province of China’ displayed on several footbridges. The appearance of the banners coincided with the second anniversary of the UN Arbitral Tribunal ruling that awarded sovereign rights in the South China Sea (West Philippine Sea) to the Philippines. […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsJul 12th, 2018

QC gov’t orders take down of China banners, review of CCTV footage

The Quezon City governmenton Thursdayordered the removal of banners that bear the message "Welcome to the Philippines, Province of China" splashed across the city.   In an advisory, the city government tasked its Public Order and Safety Department, the Parks Department, and concerned barangay officials to take down all tarpaulins stating that the Philippines is a province of China.   City administrator Aldrin Cua took to Facebook to relay a similar order. He also requested barangay officials to review their CCTV footage and identify the culprits.   "Defend our sovereignty.Review your CCTVs to identify the culprits!" he said.   Similar banners w...Keep on reading: QC gov’t orders take down of China banners, review of CCTV footage.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 12th, 2018

Palace on ‘Province of China’ tarps: You need a better gimmick than that

Enemies of the government are behind the banners that refer to the Philippines as a province of China, Malacañang claimed Thursday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 12th, 2018

FAST FACTS: Remembering Henry Sy Sr

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippines’ richest man Henry Sy Sr died on Saturday, January 19, at the age of 94. Born Sy Chi Sieng on October 15, 1924, Sy lived in Xiamen in China's Fujian province where many Filipino-Chinese trace their roots. At 11 years old , Sy left his ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJan 19th, 2019

China’s consulate-general in Davao starts processing of visa

      DAVAO CITY - China's consulate general here formally launched its visa-processing center on Monday, which means overseas contract workers, tourists and other visitors to China no longer have to go to Manila to process their documents. Davao Consul General Li Lin said the visa processing facility would play an important role in facilitating people-to-people exchanges and to improve further the existing bilateral relations between China and the Philippines. China's consulate general office in Davao will serve mainly the Mindanao area in the country's southern part, as there has also been an existing consulate general office in Cebu to cater to the Vi...Keep on reading: China’s consulate-general in Davao starts processing of visa.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 10th, 2018

LOOK: La Union towns put up banners seeking justice for slain officials

LA UNION, Philippines – Black banners and tarpaulins are displayed along the highway and other areas in the towns of Balaoan and Sudipen in La Union province, calling for justice for their slain local elected officials. On November 14,  Balaoan Vice Mayor Al-fred Concepcion  was killed with his aide in an ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 24th, 2018

Enemy at sea, friend of the chief: Philippine military navigates ties with China

MANILA, Philippines – Captain Sherwin Respeto didn't know what to feel when he and his men approached the Chinese province of Zhanjiang aboard Philippine Navy vessel BRP Dagupan City last October. “It was mixed emotions. It was the very first time we set foot in Chinese territory,” Respeto told Rappler, ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 19th, 2018

Splitting Palawan into 3 provinces may benefit China – analyst

PALAWAN, Philippines – A top international political risk analyst warned Saturday, November 17, that the move to split Palawan into 3 provinces would end up benefitting China's territorial expansion move.  "China would likely welcome the breakup of Palawan, because the country sees the Philippine province as having important strategic military and resource uses," London-based analyst Anders ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsNov 18th, 2018

FIBA: Ricci Rivero banners U23 3x3 World Cup squad

The Philippines looks to make waves once again in the FIBA 3x3 U-23 World Cup slated this month in Xi'an, China.  Coached by Meralco assistant coach and resident ABS-CBN Sports analyst Ronnie Magsanoc, the four-man squad consists of UP's Ricci Rivero, former UST skipper Jeepy Faundo, San Beda-Taytay's Rhyyan Amsali, and FEU-Diliman's RJ Abarrientos, nephew of former PBA star Johnny. The tournament will start this Thursday, Oct. 3 until Sunday, Oct. 7. Philippines will be included in Pool C, paired with powerhouses Serbia and Slovenia along with Asian neighbors Turkmenistan and China. The Philippine delegation will have a tough hill to climb as they are seeded 19th out of 20 participants and will start their campaign on Wednesday, Oct. 3, 7 p.m. against Slovenia.  Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas President Al Panlilio and Special Assistant to the SBP Pres. Ryan Gregorio meanwhile expressed their support to the squad in their endeavor. "We are hopeful that Team Pilipinas can compete agains the best teams in the world. We are seeded 19th among the 20 countries that are participating in the FIBA Under-23 World Cup. We want to use this as a 'rallying point' to pull off some surprises in the competition. Against all odds, lalaban kami para sa bayan," said Magsanoc, who was recently tasked to head the Philippine 3x3 delegations in future affairs. Magsanoc will be assisted by former UP Fighting Maroon Xavy Nunag......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsOct 1st, 2018

China provinces braced for heavy rainfall as typhoon heads west

SHANGHAI — China’s southern regions faced more heavy rainfall on Monday as a devastating typhoon swept west, with key transport services already suspended and millions of residents forced to evacuate, the country’s weather bureau said. Tropical cyclone Mangkhut made landfall in the southeast Chinese province of Guangdong on Sunday after causing devastation in the Philippines, where […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsSep 17th, 2018

2.4M people evacuated in southern China due to Typhoon Mangkhut

Hong Kong --- Typhoon Mangkhut barreled into southern China after lashing the Philippines with strong winds and heavy rain that caused landslides feared to have buried dozens. More than 2.4 million people had been evacuated in southern China's Guangdong province by Sunday evening to flee the typhoon, state media said. "Prepare for the worst," Hong Kong Security Minister John Lee Ka-chiu urged residents. That warning followed Mangkhut's devastating march through the northern Philippines on Saturday with sustained winds of 205 kilometers (127 miles) per hour. National police said 64 people had died there as of Sunday, mostly due to landslides and collapsed houses, with two additional...Keep on reading: 2.4M people evacuated in southern China due to Typhoon Mangkhut.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 17th, 2018

Typhoon pounds south China after killing 64 in Philippines

Published @ 3:34 p.m., Sept. 16, 2018 | Updated @ 12:14 p.m., Sept. 17, 2018 HONG KONG --- Typhoon "Mangkhut" barreled into southern China on Sunday, killing two people after lashing the Philippines (where it was known as "Ompong') with strong winds and heavy rain that left at least 64 dead and dozens more feared buried in a landslide. More than 2.4 million people had been evacuated in southern China's Guangdong province by Sunday evening to flee the massive typhoon and nearly 50,000 fishing boats were called back to port, state media reported. It threatened to be the strongest typhoon to hit Hong Kong in nearly two decades. "Prepare for the worst," Hong Kong Security Minist...Keep on reading: Typhoon pounds south China after killing 64 in Philippines.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsSep 16th, 2018