Advertisements


We are sorry, the requested page does not exist




Prosecutors recommend closing rape case against Neymar

By Mauricio Savarese, Associated Press SAO PAULO (AP) — Brazilian prosecutors recommended Thursday that the investigation of soccer star Neymar on a rape allegation be closed, saying there is a lack of evidence. Sao Paulo state prosecutors Flávia Merlini and Estefânia Paulin said they agree with a police decision of July 30 not to bring charges. A judge will make the final decision. Brazilian model Najila Trindade went to Sao Paulo police to accuse Neymar of raping her at a Paris hotel in May. No complaint was filed with French police. The Associated Press doesn't name alleged sexual assault victims unless they make their identities public, which Trindade did in several interviews. Neymar denied the accusation and said their relations were consensual. He is in France, where he plays for Paris Saint-Germain. "We decided in favor of the closing of the case because there is no sufficient evidence," Merlini said at a news conference. "That doesn't mean acquittal yet. There is still a possibility that the judge reopens the probe." There is no deadline for a judge to rule. Few cases in Brazil are reopened after police and prosecutors suggest their closing. Paulin said the model did not produce any of the evidence she claimed she had, including a video that allegedly proved the player attacked her. "The police investigator asked her to plug her phone to a computer so she could see the video, but she (Trindade) didn't want to do that. She also refused to hand over her phone, and later she said it had been stolen," Paulin said. The prosecutor said Trindade's only injury was to a finger. "The medical report of a private doctor introduced by the victim did not show an injury that proved she was raped," Paulin said. "The slaps and the redness (on Trindade's skin) happened for the satisfaction of both parties." Representatives for Neymar and Trindade did not respond to an AP request for comment on the conclusions of the Sao Paulo state prosecutors. Sao Paulo police are still investigating whether Trindade falsely reported a rape. Police interviewed Trindade three times about her claims. Twelve other people were also questioned. Neymar himself was heard for about five hours in mid-June. Neymar, meanwhile, is still under investigation in a cybercrime case connected to Trindade's allegations. After the model offered the rape charges, he posted images and messages of the accuser without her authorization in his social media channels, in possible violation of her online privacy. The player, who also testified in that investigation in Rio de Janeiro, said the images were posted by his press team......»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsAug 9th, 2019

Spotted: Chinese survey vessel in PH waters | Evening wRap

Today on Rappler: China survey vessel in PH waters? Not until AFP says so – Locsin DPWH claims 5-minute Cubao to Makati drive 'possible' by December Writers urge NCCA to probe alleged sexual assault at Iligan workshop Trump faces hostility on visits to massacre sites 8chan owner summoned to testify before U.S. Congress Executive Producer / Writer Lilibeth Frondoso Associate Producer / Publisher Marga Deona Jaira Roxas Master Editor / Playback Emerald Hidalgo Jaene Zaplan Jaen Manegdeg Quita Chuatico – Rappler.com.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsAug 7th, 2019
Category: newsSource:  manila_shimbunRelated NewsAug 1st, 2019
Category: newsSource:  manila_shimbunRelated NewsJul 31st, 2019

Triad attack on Hong Kong protesters sparks anger

HONG KONG, China – An assault on pro-democracy protesters by suspected triad gangsters that left dozens wounded sparked a firestorm of outrage in Hong Kong on Monday, in a dramatic escalation of political turmoil plaguing the Chinese city. Gangs of men – most wearing white T-shirts and carrying bats, sticks and ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 22nd, 2019

Initial Coast Guard report: Chinese ship captain liable for maritime law violations

MANILA, Philippines – The initial report of the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) on the Recto Bank incident recommended that the captain of the Chinese ship that rammed into a Filipino fishing boat be held accountable for not responding to distress signals at sea. A copy of the 4-page initial report, ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJul 5th, 2019

Chinese pulverize Volcanoes

China threw its weight around on Philippine soil, conquering the home side Lady Volcanoes, 68-0, to capture the Asia Rugby Women’s Championship Division 1 title Saturday at Southern Plains in Laguna......»»

Category: sportsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJun 23rd, 2019

35 Chinese illegals nabbed, up for deportation

35 Chinese illegals nabbed, up for deportation.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsJun 21st, 2019

Retired fishermen on Chinese assault: Back then, we were free

OCCIDENTAL MINDORO, Philippines – It took Freddy Montes almost a week aboard a small boat to reach Recto Bank (Reed Bank) with 6 other Filipino fishermen. The long and dangerous sail, he said, was worth it. Recto Bank was a fisherman's paradise. "Tahimik ang Reed Bank, wala kang makikitang kahit ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 16th, 2019

LOOK: Philippine boat sinking after Chinese ship’s assault

OCCIDENTAL MINDORO, Philippines – Fishing Boat Gem-Vir was left almost completely sunken after a Chinese vessel rammed its rear on June 9.  In a photo obtained by Rappler taken just hours after the assault, the fishing boat is seen only with its tip and its helm, with a small fishing boat ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 15th, 2019

Crew of sunken Philippine boat now home

OCCIDENTAL MINDORO, Philippines – After surviving the assault of an Chinese boat and staying at sea for 17 days straight, the crewmen of fishing boat Gem-vir are now home in San Jose, Occidental Mindoro. They arrived at the Caminawit port in San Jose around 8 pm Friday. {source}.....»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 14th, 2019

Philippines bets sustain charge at Arafura

Zoe Marie Hilario came away with two victories, including the 200m backstroke in record fashion, to lead another Philippine golden assault in the Arafura Games in Darwin, Australia last Monday......»»

Category: sportsSource:  philstarRelated NewsMay 1st, 2019

A Cup of Taho for Our Wounded National Pride

Last week everyone was talking about it. From your man-on-the-street, to your top government officials, everyone seemed outraged at Jiale Zhang, a 23-year-old Chinese student studying fashion design in the Philippines. How dare this foreigner throw a cup of taho (a popular snack soft tofu and syrup) at a police officer of the Metro Rail Transit (MRT) when he refused her entry. The officer was just doing his job. In response to a recent bombing incident in Mindanao, MRT authorities issued a ban on liquids being brought into trains ........»»

Category: newsSource:  philnewsRelated NewsApr 28th, 2019

Name discrepancy stalls poachers’ deportation

MANILA, Philippines – Due to the discrepancy in their names, the deportation of 12 Chinese pangolin poachers who were arrested in Palawan almost four years a.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 8th, 2017

Coach Conte hopes Oscar, Mikel departures are the only ones

Associated Press br /> LONDON (AP) — Coach Antonio Conte hopes he has seen the last of the Chelsea exodus to the lucrative Chinese Super League. Midfielder John Obi Mikel followed hot on the heels of Brazilian playmaker Oscar's big-money move to Shanghai SIPG when he joined Tianjin TEDA on Friday. Although neither were key players in Conte's squad this season, the Chelsea coach does not want any more of his players following them. 'I hope this offer from China finishes with Mikel and Oscar,' Conte said Friday. 'I think that it's important now to remain with this squad.' The Italian, who took charge this season, hinted at bringing in reinforcements in the January transfer window but said the Premier League leader is 'not close' to recruiting anyone yet. He has, however, ruled out bringing in a center back with France defender Kurt Zouma available again following a long-term knee injury. 'I don't think we need another central defender,' Conte said. Zouma will start Sunday's FA Cup third round match against third-tier Peterborough at Stamford Bridge, as will Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi, who has been given limited opportunities since his move from Marseille in the summer. 'I have a good opportunity in this game to see Michy from the start,' Conte said. 'I think it's important. He's working a lot. I'm seeing that he's improving. Sunday for him, but also for other players, could be a good opportunity to show me that he deserves to play more.' Chelsea's run of 13 consecutive league wins ended with a 2-0 defeat at Tottenham on Wednesday and Italian Conte wants a quick response. 'One defeat is enough for us now. In every game our mentality must be that we have to try to win every game,' he said. 'FA Cup or league (it) doesn't change. I want always the same mentality, the right mentality, a winning mentality.'   .....»»

Category: sportsSource:  abscbnRelated NewsJan 6th, 2017

Voluntary ‘pitsaan’ deportation sa 154 illegal Chinese workers (Attn: SoJ Vitaliano Aguirre)

ISANG malaking bulilyaso at anomalya ang nangyari nito lang nakaraang linggo matapos ang Bureau of Immigration Board of Commissioners (BI-BOC) meeting nang mabuking nina BI Commissioners Jaime Morente, Al Argosino at Michael Robles ang tangkang pagpapalus.....»»

Category: filipinoSource:  hatawtabloidRelated NewsOct 11th, 2016

SoKor coastguard kills 3 Chinese fishermen

Three Chinese fishermen were killed on Thursday in a fire that broke out on their boat when South Korean coastguard men trying to apprehend them for illegal fishing threw flash grenades into a room they were hiding in, a South Korean official said......»»

Category: newsSource:  tempoRelated NewsSep 30th, 2016

Chris Brown arrested at home on assault charge

LOS ANGELES — The Latest on a police response at the Los Angeles home of singer Chris Brown (all times local): 5:15 p.m......»»

Category: entertainmentSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 31st, 2016

18 Taiwanese, 7 Chinese face deportation for drugs, cybercrimes

MANILA, Philippines – Seven Chinese and 18 Taiwanese arrested in Boracay for allegedly committing crimes related to illegal drugs and cybercrime now face dep.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 24th, 2016

FCVBA tramples Sarawak in ASEAN caging

MANILA, Philippines - Former University of the East star Julio Cruz and Joseph Whang took charge in the fourth quarter as Filipino-Chinese Veterans Basketbal.....»»

Category: sportsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2016