Advertisements


Alarm and scandal raps filed vs PCSO executive

BACOLOD City – Global Tech Mobile Online Corp (Globaltech) filed criminal charges for alarm and scandal and grave coercion against an official of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office(PCSO) who allegedly “verbally” ordered the closure of the draw court Peryahan on Burgos Street here last April 16, 2018. Lito Estember, provincial administrator of Globaltech, said in […] The post Alarm and scandal raps filed vs PCSO executive appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource: thedailyguardian thedailyguardianApr 19th, 2018

Sandigan rejects ex-cop’s plea to junk plunder raps in P50-M bribery case

        The Sandiganbayan has rejected the motion of former police official Wally Sombero to junk the plunder charges hurled against him over the P50-million bribery scandal at the Bureau of Immigration (BI).   In an 11-page resolution, the anti-graft court's Sixth Division denied Sombero's motion to dismiss the charges against him for lack of merit.   In his motion, Sombero claimed that the charges against him do not constitute plunder since there was no "main plunderer" in the charge sheet filed by the Office of the Ombudsman.   But the Sandiganbayan pointed out the amended charge sheet has indicated that the "main pl...Keep on reading: Sandigan rejects ex-cop’s plea to junk plunder raps in P50-M bribery case.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 6th, 2018

ICC to inquire on raps vs Rody

ROQUE: MERE PROCESS TO DETERMINE BASIS President Duterte intends to defend himself, “if need be,” on the crimes against humanity charges that his opponents filed against him before The Hague-based International Criminal Court (ICC), presidential spokesman Harry Roque said yesterday. Roque, an international law expert, explained that the ICC’s recognition was simply a proceeding to determine if the case has basis to proceed or not.Roque said Malacañang has received ICC’s notice for a “preliminary examination” on the complaints filed by the lawyer of self-confessed Davao Death Squad (DDS) assassin Edgar Matobato, who is under the care of Duterte’s chief critic Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV.Roque said the 72-year-old Chief Executive is ready to submit himself before the proceedings once he is summoned to The Hague.“The President and I met about this extensively for two hours last night. The President welcomes the preliminary examination because he is sick and tired of being accused,” Roque told reporters. “Obviously, this is intended to embarrass the president. They will fail. The President said that if need be, he will argue his case before the ICC,” he added.Matobato’s counsel Jude Sabio, in April last year, submitted to the ICC a petition against Mr. Duterte on the basis of his apparent admission of “killing” suspected drug traffickers and criminals in Davao City when he was still its Mayor.By June, Trillanes and Magdalo Partylist Rep. Gary Alejano filed a supplemental complaint against the Chief Executive also at the ICC. The complaint is based on the series of extrajudicial killings attributed to the Duterte administration’s narcotics crackdown.Sabio, in a text message, claimed that the given development is already a victory on their end.“I feel so elated and vindicated. Finally, Mr. Duterte and his cohorts will face criminal investigation by the ICC prosecutor as a prelude to formal criminal investigation,” Sabio said. “It is a huge triumph toward justice. Duterte’s system of death squad killings that he continued in his war on drugs will be investigated and hopefully an arrest warrant will be issued against him and justice will be done,” he added.“I am confident that, based on my communication, as well as that of Sen. Trillanes’ and (Magdalo) Rep. (Gary) Alejano’s, we will hurdle this first big step, and hopefully a warrant of arrest will be issued soon by the ICC against Duterte and his cohorts,” he added. Critics overjoyedTrillanes, for his part, claimed that the ICC’s recognition of their complaint should remind Mr. Duterte that he is not above the law.“This development should jolt Duterte into realizing that he is not above the law. More importantly, this is the first step for the victims’ families’ quest for justice,” the senator said.But Roque said Trillanes and his group should not celebrate yet.“No one should claim victory… If they think the President has been indicted, they are so wrong,” he said.“There will be no formal investigation to be conducted in the country because at the level of the preliminary examination, where the Court does not include the budget for the prosecutor to come to the Philippines because it is not yet a preliminary investigation,” he said.“Now the objective is to determine if there is reasonable basis to proceed with the formal investigation,” he added.In Sabio’s complaint addressed to ICC chief prosecutor Fatou Bensouda, he said that the international criminal court’s action “would... be the beginning of the end of this dark, obscene, murderous and evil era in the Philippines.”“Crimes against humanity are crimes of universal jurisdiction, but where a State like the Philippines fails to assume such universal jurisdiction for crimes against humanity continuously being committed in its very own territory, then the International Criminal Court will have to intervene into a situation that is grave by any human standard,” Sabio said.“The grim statistics of more than 7,000 drug-related killings cannot be anything but grave, especially if viewed in the context of just seven months since Rodrigo Duterte became the President, compared to only about 3,000 committed during the 20-year Marcos regime. These more than 7,000 drug-related killings translate to roughly 1,000 killings per month,” he added.Two other opposition senators urged Malacañang, instead of criticizing this development, to deal with the issues being hurled at the President.“That shouldn’t come as a surprise considering the magnitude of deaths reaching thousands upon thousands in less than two years,” Sen. Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan.“This is the chance for the government to answer the accusations raised against them. There is no reason to be afraid if the administration is not hiding anything,” Sen. Bam Aquino said.Aquino said this should be a welcome opportunity for the administration to make their case to an unbiased and globally respected tribunal. Villarin wants Roque charged, tooAkbayan Rep Tom Villarin said the entry of the ICC into the issues raised against Duterte gives hope to the thousands killed under the latter’s war on drugs. “It is a welcome development and gives hope to thousands of EJK (extra judicial killings) victims that finally justice will be served,” Villarin said.“This will also hold President Duterte and other top officials involved in the bloody war against drugs accountable as well as it gives us an opportunity to implead other enablers of EJKs, including possibly Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque,” Villarin added.While the Akbayan lawmaker said that the investigation may not lead to Duterte’s puster, he said that it will be damning and damaging to his administration in the eyes of our people and the international community.“I am hopeful that people will now realize the truth and demand accountability from him with all constitutional options available,” Villarin said.Alejano said that the preliminary examination will determine whether there is sufficient evidence to warrant an investigation. “I hope that the preliminary examination will be allowed to carry on – unhindered and with full cooperation from concerned authorities, organizations, and personalities,” Alejano, one of those who brought the EJK issue before the ICC, said.“I am confident on the communication we sent to the ICC and strongly believe that President Duterte and those who perpetuate and defend this policy of killing should be held accountable before the law,” Alejano said. Angie M. Rosales, Gerry Baldo.....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsJun 7th, 2018

NBI Files Cyber Libel Raps vs. Rappler

The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) filed a cyber libel complaint before the Department of Justice (DOJ) against online news website Rappler’s chief executive officer Maria Ressa and eight others in connection with the complaint filed by a businessman regarding an article it has published in 2012. In a transmittal letter signed by NBI Director […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsMar 9th, 2018

Baron Geisler nabbed for alarm and scandal in Angeles

Charges of grave threat, alarm and scandal and illegal possession of bladed weapon were filed against the notorious actor......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsMar 6th, 2018

Homicide raps vs Demafelis’ employers

HOMICIDE charges have been filed by Kuwait against the husband and wife employers of Filipino household service worker Joanna Demafelis whose body was kept in a freezer for a year in an abandoned apartment in Kuwait. According to Foreign Affairs Office of Migrant Workers Affairs Executive Director Atty. Raul Dado,….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsFeb 28th, 2018

Whistleblower files raps vs PCSO exec

PHILIPPINE Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) board member Sandra Cam has filed criminal charges against PCSO general manager Alexander Balutan over alleged threats she has been receiving following her disclosure of the supposed irregularities including the P6.5 million Christmas party of the agency. Cam filed charges of grave threat before Mandaluyong….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsJan 9th, 2018

Sandra Cam files raps for grave threats vs PCSO execs

MANILA, Philippines — Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office board member Sandra Cam yesterday filed a complaint for grave threat against two PCSO officials w.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJan 5th, 2018

Ex-Albay mayor, DA officer face graft raps

The Office of the Ombudsman has filed before the Sandiganbayan charges of graft and malversation against former Mayor Emiliana Kare of Malinao, Albay; Hector Sales, then regional executive director of the Department of Agriculture–Region V; and two others in connection with allegedly anomalous procurement of fertilizer in 2004. Also charged were then-acting Municipal Accountant Rosemarie [...] The post Ex-Albay mayor, DA officer face graft raps appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsDec 31st, 2017

Pulong, Mans Carpio file civil raps vs Trillanes as Mayor Sara says senator ‘mema lang’

Presidential son Paolo Duterte and his brother-in-law, lawyer Manases Carpio, filed on Wednesday a civil case against Senator Antonio Trillanes IV for dragging them into the scandal over the smuggling of P6.4 billion worth of crystal meth, or shabu, under the noses of the Bureau of Customs......»»

Category: newsSource:  interaksyonRelated NewsDec 28th, 2017

Parents of Dengvaxia-vaccinated kids file graft raps vs Aquino admin execs

The parents of children injected with the Dengvaxia vaccine have filed graft charges against former President Benigno Aquino III, some of his Cabinet members, andkey Sanofi-Pasteur executives before the Office of the Ombudsman.   Aside fromAquino, also chargedon Fridaywere former Health Secretary Janette Garin, former Budget Secretary FlorencioAbad, former Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa and several Sanofi executives.   In a 23-page complaint-affidavit, the petitioners accused the officials of "knowingly" acting in bad faith when they entered a deal with the Frenchpharmaceutical company for the procurement of the vaccines.   They also accused the respon...Keep on reading: Parents of Dengvaxia-vaccinated kids file graft raps vs Aquino admin execs.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsDec 22nd, 2017

Raps filed vs PCSO execs

Raps filed vs PCSO execs.....»»

Category: newsSource:  thestandardRelated NewsDec 5th, 2016

More PCSO execs face graft raps over lease deal

MANILA, Philippines - An anti-graft group yesterday filed charges against three officials of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) in connection w.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsOct 24th, 2016

Customs files smuggling raps vs magnetic lifter importer

The Bureau of Customs filed before the Department of Justice drug smuggling charges against the importer of two magnetic lifters used to transport shabu discovered last Aug. 7 at the Manila International Container Port......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated News3 hr. 46 min. ago

Makati cops file criminal raps vs lawyers who intimidated them

Police on Friday filed criminal complaints—including a "constructive possession" of  illegal drug rap—against the three lawyers who they said were “intimidating” them while implementing a search warrant at a bar in Makati......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated News10 hr. 59 min. ago

Customs files raps vs alleged smugglers of sugar, illegal drugs

By Camille A. Aguinaldo The Bureau of Customs (BoC) filed on Thursday, Aug. 16, five criminal complaints before the Department of Justice (DoJ) against alleged importers of smuggled sugar and illegal drugs. Vecaba Trading owner Vedasio Cabral Baraquel was charged with violation of Republic Act No. 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act for importing […] The post Customs files raps vs alleged smugglers of sugar, illegal drugs appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated News15 hr. 11 min. ago

8 Chinese nationals in Pasay bar brawl nabbed

Eight Chinese nationals were arrested by members of the Pasay City police for being involved in a scuffle inside a bar early Friday morning. Based on a police report, susects Bao Yin, A Feng, Lou Rui Dong, Lao Jui, Yi Wang, Lao Wang, Xiao Uo, and Lao Xiong engaged in a fistfight that damaged things inside a a bar along Atang Dela Rama Street in Pasay City. Police said the cost of damage was estimated to be worth around P650,000. All suspects were brought to the Pasay City Prosecutor's Office for inquest proceeding on charges of alarm and scandal, and malicious mischief. /kga...Keep on reading: 8 Chinese nationals in Pasay bar brawl nabbed.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated News19 hr. 59 min. ago

Makati RTC Orders Arrest of Peter Lim on Drug Raps

The Makati City Regional Trial Court (RTC) on Tuesday ordered the arrest of businessman and alleged drug lord Peter Lim and others who were indicted by the Department of Justice (DOJ) on drug charges filed by the Philippine National Police (PNP). Acting Presiding Judge Gina Bibat-Palamos of the Makati RTC Branch 65 has issued an […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  metrocebuRelated NewsAug 16th, 2018

MMDA files raps vs ‘arrogant’ fiscal

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has filed a complaint against an “arrogant” Department of Justice (DOJ) prosecutor for allegedly attempting to avoid being fined for illegal parking on Tuesday, an official said yesterday......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 16th, 2018

Raps urged vs gov’t execs in Dengvaxia scandal

AFTER months of legislative inquiry into the controversial Dengvaxia vaccine, a House panel will soon submit at the plenary a draft committee report which includes as one of the recommendations the filing of criminal and administrative charges against government officials involved in the deal. The Committee on Good Government and….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsAug 14th, 2018

Raps filed vs. traders, importers of P206M worth of fake perfumes, cigarettes

The Bureau of Customs (BOC) has filed criminal charges against alleged traders and smugglers of counterfeit perfumes, cigarettes, and cosmetic products worth over P206 million. Source link link: Raps filed vs. traders, importers of P206M worth of fake perfumes, cigarettes.....»»

Category: newsSource:  manilainformerRelated NewsAug 13th, 2018