Advertisements


AFP chief declares war with MILF over

Armed Forces of the Philippines Chief of Staff General Carlito Galvez Jr. on Saturday declared the war with Muslim secessionist over during a visit to the Moro Islamic Liberation Front’s Camp Darapanan in Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao. “Today I can now declare that the war between the Armed Forces and the MILF is finally over. To […].....»»

Category: newsSource: tribune tribuneOct 7th, 2018

AFP chief declares war with MILF over

Armed Forces of the Philippines Chief of Staff General Carlito Galvez Jr. on Saturday declared the war with Muslim secessionist over during a visit to the Moro Islamic Liberation Front’s Camp Darapanan in Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao. “Today I can now declare that the war between the Armed Forces and the MILF is finally over. To […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  tribuneRelated NewsOct 7th, 2018

Government-MILF war over, says AFP chief - INQUIRER.net

Government-MILF war over, says AFP chief - INQUIRER.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsOct 8th, 2018

War over between military, MILF — Galvez

ARMED Forces Chief Carlito Galvez Jr. officially declared the end of the war between the Philippine military and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF). Galvez made the announcement in a visit on Saturday at the MILF’s Camp Darapanan in Sultan Kudarat where he met with MILF chairman Al Hajj Murad Ebrahim. The military chief was [...] The post War over between military, MILF — Galvez appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsOct 7th, 2018

AFP chief vows to campaign for BOL approval once he retires

CAMP DARAPANAN, Maguindanao --- Gen. Carlito Galvez Jr., chief of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), vows to campaign for the approval of the Bangsamoro Organic Law (BOL) once he bows out of office in December. Galvez made the commitment on Saturday during a visit to Camp Darapanan, a military installation of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), in Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao. It was his second visit inside the sprawling MILF camp, where he received a warm welcome. The first time he visited was when he he was still the commander of the 6th Infantry Division. Accompanying Galvez were Lt. Gen. Arnel dela Vega, commander of the Western Mindanao Command, and Maj. Ge...Keep on reading: AFP chief vows to campaign for BOL approval once he retires.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsOct 7th, 2018

Murad as Voter

At the Moro Islamic Liberation Front’s Camp Darapanan on Wednesday morning, 12 September 2018, MILF chair Al Haj Murad Ebrahim and Sammy Al-Mansoor, chief of staff of the MILF’s armed wing, Bangsamoro Islamic Armed Forces (not in photo), lead thousands of MILF combatants in registering to be a voter in future Philippine electoral exercises, the […].....»»

Category: newsSource:  mindanewsRelated NewsSep 12th, 2018

MILF s Murad to head Bangsamoro transition government

The central committee of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front has chosen Hadji Murad Ebrahim to sit as chief minister of a transition government for the proposed new Bangsamoro region......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsAug 22nd, 2018

Zubiri urges President to talk to possible spoilers of Bangsamoro deal

President Rodrigo Duterte could play a key role in helping ensure the success of the proposed Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) by reaching out to potential spoilers of the peace deal between the government and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri said on Tuesday. The BARMM would be established by the Bangsamoro Organic Law (BOL), which was passed by Congress and signed by the President last month to hand to the MILF what Zubiri called the government's "last promise" under the 2014 peace agreement. The President handed a symbolic copy of the law to MILF chief Murad Ebrahim during a ceremony in Malacaang on Mon...Keep on reading: Zubiri urges President to talk to possible spoilers of Bangsamoro deal.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsAug 8th, 2018

MILF chief: 30,000 rebels to disarm in Bangsamoro deal

The leader of the largest Muslim rebel group in the Philippines said Tuesday that 30,000 to 40,000 armed fighters would be "decommissioned" if an autonomy deal that is expected to be signed into law by the president this week is fully enforced. Al Haj Murad Ebrahim, chairman of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front, said six of the largest guerrilla camps in the south were already being converted into "productive civilian communities" to help the insurgents return to normal life. Clad in a business suit, Murad appealed to the international community to contribute to a trust fund to be used to finance the insurgents' transition from decades of waging one of Asia's longest rebellions...Keep on reading: MILF chief: 30,000 rebels to disarm in Bangsamoro deal.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsJul 25th, 2018

30000 rebels to disarm in deal – MILF chief - Inquirer.net

30000 rebels to disarm in deal – MILF chief - Inquirer.net.....»»

Category: newsSource:  googlenewsRelated NewsJul 25th, 2018

With mere words, Duterte can lose to China rights Philippines won in arbitral ruling

President Rodrigo Duterte may bind the Philippines if he unilaterally declares that he is waiving the country's rights stemming from the 2016 arbitral ruling, Acting Chief Justice Antonio Carpio warned......»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsJul 12th, 2018

Former MILF member, companion nabbed in Quezon City buy-bust

A FORMER member of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) and his companion were arrested in a buy-bust operation in Quezon City on Monday evening. Quezon City Police District (QCPD) chief Joselito Esquivel identified the suspects as former MILF member Kasle Manapi alias “Castro,” 28, and Ebrahim Usmani alias “Ebs,” 37. Esquivel said a buy-bust operation was [...] The post Former MILF member, companion nabbed in Quezon City buy-bust appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimesRelated NewsJun 19th, 2018

Barangay council declares vice mayor ‘persona non grata’

THE village council of Lanjagan in Ajuy, lloilo declared their town’s vice-mayor as “persona non grata” (an unwelcome person) for his alleged unruly behavior during their fiesta last April 23, 2018. Aside from declaring Ajuy Vice Mayor Robert Villaruz as ‘persona non grata,” Lanjagan outgoing village chief Edito Edillon said they have also filed charges […] The post Barangay council declares vice mayor ‘persona non grata’ appeared first on The Daily Guardian......»»

Category: newsSource:  thedailyguardianRelated NewsJun 17th, 2018

Final version of BBL holds fate of Mindanao peace process

MANILA, Philippines – The fate of the Mindanao peace process hangs on the final version of the Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL), which will be decided by a Congress bicameral conference committee in July. The Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) is seeking to restore provisions deleted by lawmakers during the debates . Meanwhile, chief presidential ........»»

Category: newsSource:  rapplerRelated NewsJun 10th, 2018

Duterte did not interfere in quo warranto petition vs Sereno, says Calida

President Rodrigo Duterte did not interfere in the filing of a quo warranto petition in the Supreme Court against Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno, according to Solicitor General Jose Calida. "He does not interfere," Calida said during Tuesday's oral argument on the petition that he had filed. He said he never talked to Duterte or the leaders of both houses of Congress prior he filed the petition. "I have no reason to consult them," Calida said when asked by Associate Justice Marvic Leonen. READ: Duterte declares war vs Sereno "Wouldn't it [granting of a quo warranto against a sitting justice] weaken the ability of a justice to be able to dissent or express a minority view i...Keep on reading: Duterte did not interfere in quo warranto petition vs Sereno, says Calida.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsApr 10th, 2018

Duterte declares himself Sereno’s ‘enemy’, orders House to speed up impeachment case

President Rodrigo R. Duterte on Monday, April 9, declared himself an “enemy” of Chief Justice Maria Lourdes P.A. Sereno after she implied he had a hand in Solicitor-General Jose C. Calida’s quo warranto petition and lawyer Lorenzo G. Gadon’s impeachment complaint seeking to oust her. “Sinasabi ko na sa iyo na hindi ako nakikialam (I […] The post Duterte declares himself Sereno’s ‘enemy’, orders House to speed up impeachment case appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: newsSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsApr 9th, 2018

4 fighters killed in skirmishes between Moro clans in N. Cotabato

MATALAM, North Cotabato -- Four fighters were killed in a clash involving members of two Moro fronts in a remote village here over the weekend, police said Sunday. Chief Insp. Sunny Leoncito, chief of the Matalam Municipal Police Station, said both the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) and the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) had suffered two deaths each in sporadic skirmishes in Barangay Marbel here. Leoncito said the fighting erupted Satuday night and continued until Sunday morning. The two-day fighting also sent several families fleeing to safer ground. They were now housed at the Barangay Marbel covered court, Leoncito said. "The conflict was triggered by a 'r...Keep on reading: 4 fighters killed in skirmishes between Moro clans in N. Cotabato.....»»

Category: newsSource:  inquirerRelated NewsFeb 25th, 2018

Another Marawi possible, MILF chief warns

Another Marawi possible, MILF chief warns.....»»

Category: newsSource:  philstarRelated NewsFeb 21st, 2018

MILF chief: Another Marawi possible

THE CHIEF of the Philippines’ main Muslim rebel group warned Tuesday that jihadists loyal to the Islamic State (IS) group, flush with looted guns and cash, could seize another Filipino city after Marawi last year. Murad Ebrahim has billed his Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), which has made peace with the government, as a rival […] The post MILF chief: Another Marawi possible appeared first on BusinessWorld......»»

Category: financeSource:  bworldonlineRelated NewsFeb 20th, 2018

MILF chief warns of ‘another Marawi’

THE chief of the country’s main Muslim rebel group warned Tuesday that jihadists loyal to the Islamic State group, flush with looted guns and cash, could seize another Filipino city after the five-month siege of Marawi City last year. Murad Ebrahim has billed his Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), which has made peace with the [...] The post MILF chief warns of ‘another Marawi’ appeared first on The Manila Times Online......»»

Category: newsSource:  manilatimes_netRelated NewsFeb 20th, 2018

Dire warning

THE chief of the Philippines’ main Muslim rebel group warned Tuesday that jihadists loyal to the Islamic State group, flush with looted guns and cash, could seize another Filipino city after Marawi last year. Murad Ebrahim has billed his Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF), which has made peace with the….....»»

Category: newsSource:  journalRelated NewsFeb 20th, 2018